Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Gignesthai Celebration 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Design a Deity Item Contest!
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
    For this contest you will be designing a Deity-themed item! It can be regular deity themed, lower deity themed or fallen deity themed.

Deities are the physical manifestations of each element. The original four being Earth, Wind, Fire and Water.
    They have an angelic appearance, usually sporting wings of some sort.

There's now only 3 types of "Original" deities left; Earth, Wind and Water.(because the fire deity became the fallen) These elements are considered holy & light. There are no other elements for these deities!
    The deities usually live on the "garden", a small moon that orbits the earth. It is very warm and humid, and their clothing usually consists of light silk clothing and sashes, along with lots of jewelry.
    They are prominently seen sporting the Lotus Feathers and Shikai jewels.
    Prominent clothing themes for the Deities are Mayan, Inca, African(mainly the Himba) and Greek/Roman.

For the fallen deities they are Fire, and are considered "darkness". Deities of other elements not of the original 3(wind, water and earth) are usually also categorized as "fallen" as they are seen as deviants.
    The elements of these deities are: metal, energy(lightning) and poison.
    Most fallen have been marked by "the curse", which is why they are always pictured with ash colored wings and skin; the curse basically eats way at them until they completely turn to ash.
    Most live in the "Dead Zone"; a desolate continent scarred by volcanoes. This results in their clothing always being torn/ash colored.

Lower deities are of the elements Ice and Mist, and are considered holy and "light".
    Lowers were once humans who were chosen by the deities to protect the 7 holy tribes of Midorea. They normally are dressed as clerics, but during battle they become the "tanks" of Midorea. Abandoning their peaceful cleric attire for fearsome armor and weapons.

Please try and keep with the theme of each Deity category, thank you!

Past Deity items for reference:
    Deity Bow - Deity Cape
    Lower Deity Scarf
    Lower Deity Hammer
    Fallen Deity Staff
    Fallen Deity Sash

* More info about the Deities

Scroll down for the official rules and entry form!

Maeve

Rules and Terms

1.) You acknowledge that all designs you enter into this contest becomes the sole property of Midorea.com and that we have exclusive permission to make it into an item.

2.) The theme is the Deities. You must create an item that reflects the personality of whatever deity group you choose. It can be whatever you want it to be, as long as the central theme remains.

3.) Moderators may not enter, unless you wish to forfeit your right to judge the entries. It is your choice.

4.) No bashing of other people's entries, and no critiques unless they ask for them

5.)Limit of 5 entries per person

6.) All formats are accepted. You can draw your designs, dress up as your design or anything else you can think of.

The deadline is October 23rd 2010 at 11:59pm eastern time. CLOSED!!!
Have fun and good luck!

Entry Form:
Code:
Username:
Entry(link):
Comments:
Does it have a name?:

Maeve

The Prizes

1st place winner will have their design turned into an item, relic of their choice, 50 gold, 5,000 silver and will be given their item.

2nd Place winner will have their design turned into an item, BMI of their choice, 25 gold, 2,500 silver and will be given their item.

3rd Place winner will have their design turned into an item, 15 gold, 1,500 silver and will be given their item.

All participants will receive 500 silver.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
Entries

DrunkenShark wrote:
Username: DrunkenShark
Entry(link):http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5739/golemarm.jpg
Comments: no, I don't think so... Or yeah, perhaps: those are gloves that kind of covers the arms... yeah earth diety stuff and all
Does it have a name?: Golem's Fists maybe?

Entry(link): http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2953/misthalo.jpg
Comments: duuh... some mysterious/spiritual thingy going on in this pic XD It' just a background items
Does it have a name?: Holy Mist Halo

Entry(link): http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4971/baasdgdxfasr.jpg
Comments: the eyes is yellow on this but it is only because my base character had yellow eyes... The thing is, in the concept, that you leave a hole in the layer at the eye on the right level so it looks like you avatar is looking at the left even if the face is designed otherwise under the mask... Plus the mask covering only a part of the head, the avatar can have the hair you want under the mask and it will look like it's more feathers and stuff decorating it...(set including native american-like cute boots :3)
Does it have a name?: Thunderbird, the messenger of the Air Dieties

Squid wrote:
Username: Squid
Entry(link): [x] [x]
Comments: The tentalces are the item, obvs, since the rest exist here already xD Colors to vary, based on the artist. I was thinking green with blue accents would be good for the site theme.
Does it have a name?: Water deity form? Water guise? Something.

Sanzoskitten wrote:
Username: Sanzoskitten
Entry(link): http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/sanzoskitten/art/LOCKED/Ice-Moth-Goddess3.gif
Does it have a name?: Ice Moth Goddess
Comments: There is a variation seen in this gif where I couldn't decide if the Top looked better with or without Gloves.
The Ice Moth Goddess, the dust from her wings flutters down and becomes snow as she waits for the rebirthing of all the bugs that hibernate. She protects their sleeping forms in warm fluff. She's gentle and kind.
- - Could also represent Lower Deity - -

Inspiration: I kept thinking about moths, but also about winter and this is who popped into my head. It isn't based on any one moth in particular, but I saw a few with see-through wings and others with the tendrils, so I combined them for a set of wings that doesn't exist in nature.

I have a few other ideas as well. I asked about Sets Vs Items. xD Please someone let me know if I went overboard and this will be my "entries". If not, this is but the first of my Entries. I had fun with this xD This is my first Pixel and my first animation, how'd I do?

lexi luthor wrote:
Username: Lexi Luthor
Entry(link): http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/11lexy2005/MidoreaBaseseaHorse.jpg
Comments: So it is like... a horse, mermaid, human.. It can be blue or you could recolor it to whatever color you would like. Uhm.. I can't think of any other way to describe it. It is what it is.
Does it have a name?: Sea Diety form? Or Sea Diety Base.. or Form Of the Sea Dietys.

KayaLing wrote:
ENTRY #1
Username: KayaLing
Entry(link):
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Kiannion/Midorea/Midorea-WindyHair.png
Comments: The hair of the Wind Deity. This hair moves with the wind.
Does it have a name?: Windy Hair

ENTRY #2
Entry(link): http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Kiannion/Midorea/Midorea-WaterArmwarmers.png
Comments: These armwarmers are worn by the Water Deity.
Does it have a name?: Water Armwarmers

ENTRY #3
Entry(link): http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Kiannion/Midorea/Midorea-EarthArmwarmers.png
Comments: These armwarmers are worn by the Earth Deity.
Does it have a name?: Earth Armwarmers

ENTRY #4
Entry(link): http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Kiannion/Midorea/Midorea-FlameArmwarmers.png
Comments: These armwarmers are worn by the Fallen Deity.
Does it have a name?: Flame Armwarmers

EDIT:
ENTRY #5
Entry(link): http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Kiannion/Midorea/Midorea-MistySash.png
Comments: This sash is worn by the Lower Deity.
Does it have a name? Misty Sash

Gladde wrote:
I consider the first three a set, because they are clothing and the clothing kind of goes together. If these are too big of a set, then I can stop at these three entries. If not, then I might get two smaller entries in later.

Username: Gladde
Entry(link): Deity Attire
Comments: This is a design (the female mainly) that I had sketched a while ago and have been waiting for a contest like this to enter it into. Around the waist is a sheer hip scarf that is tied off by a clip.
Does it have a name?: Yes, Deity Attire.

Entry(link): Fallen Deity Attire
Comments: The thing that dangles from the leg is a spiked ball. I tried to make it match the Fallen Deity Cloak and such.
Does it have a name?: Yes, Fallen Deity Attire

Entry(link): Lower Deity Clothing
Comments: I think this is my favorite. If it is hard to tell, the female is wearing a short skirt under the long part of cloth, whereas the male is wearing short shorts. I tried to make it look like it matched with the Lower Deity Attire (the cloak and such).
Does it have a name?: Yes, Lower Deity Clothing[url][/url]

neomattlac wrote:
Username: neomattlac
Entry(link): DA
Comments: In a time long, long ago, there was a single Lowly Deity who stood alone; who had developed intelligence and a sense of style, as well as the skill of metalwork, far ahead of the rest of her kind. She eventually discovered the humans' fabricated idea of time. So she decided to track it, and ultimately used her skills in metalwork to design this watch, that was lost in time until you found it. The antediluvian watch doesn't seem to have any special powers... that is to say.. yet...
Does it have a name?: The Time Diety's Watch was the best I could come up with...

Entry(link): Here
Comments: A lower deity once lost his wings and attempted to rebuild them out of metal. After a long time they deteriorated and fell off. Now you can try to wear them, but be warned for some of the lower deity's dark energy still flows through them
Does it have a name?: Best I could come up with was "Lower Diety's Rebuild"

Entry(link): Here
Comments: A fallen deity once lost his wings and attempted to rebuild them out of dark energy, almost mimicking the Lower Diety's holy wings. After a long time they deteriorated and fell off. Now you can try to wear them, but be warned for the dark energy may come to affect you as well...
Should also come in blue, yellow, and white energy wings(like lightning).
Does it have a name?: "Fallen Diety's Replica"

Urboros wrote:
two of my entries are in the same image to conserve space

Username: urboros
Entry(link): http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/waterjewlery.gif
Comments: flowing jewelry that is adorn on the whole body; this one is water other elements can be done by changing the colors
Does it have a name?: body jewelry

Entry(link): http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/Untitled-1copy-3.gif
Comments: 1st one in the image true form of the poison diety before it was cast out? was trying to follow the plot
Does it have a name?: well the body/tail is based off my kurth creature... no it doesn't have a name

Entry(link): http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/Untitled-1copy-3.gif
Comments: second image, metal wings was trying for fallen metal diety wings
Does it have a name?: foil wings

Entry(link): http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/Untitled-3copy-1.gif
Comments: peacock! so its suppose to be peacock/mayan outfit all I can say Is I can't draw feathers. Anyways the little whispy things on the side go on the head; something for the deitys to wear when they want fancy ponce feathers. its concept it would be nice to have the option of open or close peacock tail.
Does it have a name?: peacock feather

Pandello wrote:
Username: Pandello
Entry(link): Water Deity Top
Comments: Excuse the sloppy sections on there.. I was getting frustrated XD;
I was listening to Lady Gaga when I drew the outline Happy So bare witness to the massive shoulder... thing. Anyways, I wanted to something "flowy" and water like. I'm now considering changing the look to a more turquoise silk material instead of what looks like literal water, but I quite like how the water effect looks so I dunno.
Does it have a name?: Whirlpool Top ( >>;; Yeaaah, naming items.. doesn't seem to be a talent of mine, lol)
Edit: Ooh! Ooh! Top of the Whirlpool SET >8D And there will be Bottoms to it too -shot for lame pun- I thought it was clever >D>

D.Morrissey wrote:
My entries:

Username: D.Morrissey
Entry(link): http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t241/emo_farm_guild/MistIce_ClericalRobes.png
Comments: So when I read the stuff for the mist and ice deities this is kind of what I thought of. Though in my head the eyes were covered and there were belts with the shoulder piece. I was thinking the robes could look like ice or mist like have a see-through kind of look or the glistening look of ice. Since the description for these guys were them being like clerics but could quickly change to warriors, I added the shoulder piece. When I added that in my mind I was thinking how they could quickly un-zip the robes and throw them over there shoulder and the robes would just look like a cape. I mean warriors with capes are awesome.
Does it have a name? Lower Deity Clerical Robes (I'm not much of a namer)

Entry(link): http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t241/emo_farm_guild/Metal_TattooAndEyes.png
Comments: So the focus for this design is the square/rectangular tattoos for the metal deity. When I think of metal I think of the more square shapes instead of irregular shapes. That, and the eyes. Since metal deities are cursed (along with energy and poison deities) the eyes have been affected by the curse.
Does it have a name? Um... ...

Entry(link): http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t241/emo_farm_guild/IceWeapon.png
Comments: Mm, the original idea was more towards the fire deity direction, but I think that it could be changed for any other deities.
Does it have a name? Nopers.

Username: D.Morrisey
Entry(link): http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t241/emo_farm_guild/Wind_RobesofDoom.png
Comments: Well, originally this was for the wind deity, but it doesn't really have the style that was listed so it doesn't really work. I did like the design so I still posted it.
Does it have a name? The file is called Robes of Doom, but I doubt that is appropriate for the deity. So no, there really isn't a name.

killerkitty wrote:
Here are my entries!

Username: killerkitty
Entry(link): x
Comments: I can't believe everyone forgot to add the starfish! Come on, they can't wear leaves like their brethren the Earth deities! They'd get all wet and soggy and drop off! If you consider that a bad thing D: The colour scheme is blue-gray tails and lighter blue-gray skin. The tail on the right is a more realistic-looking-ish tail. I couldn't decide which one to put, so I put both. They have big fish-like eyes.
The water deities live in the rivers and lakes of the Garden. They wear pearls and jewellery. They are very self-conscious and easily take offence. They have major mood-swings.
Items: Pearls (shoulder, wrist, waist, hats/head items), base (either one), funny ears, starfish, fish eyes, ghost fish skeleton (I got bored and doodled it xD)
Does it have a name?: True form of the Water Deities

Comments: This is the transformation from human to lower deity.
The colour is just white instead of blue-white
Items: Chest thing (don't know what to call it), shendyt, feathers, feather things on head (optional. I just felt like adding them).
Does it have a name?: Birth of the Lower Deity

Comments: The fallen deities, angry at the deities, decided to create revenge by cursing humans. The curses are: Ignorance, hatred, and the inability to move forward/learn.
Yeah, I got inspired by this git at school xD
Does it have a name?: Curse of the Fallen Deities

Entry(link): y
Comments: Yeah it looks more brown than grey. I can't believe I don't have a proper grey colour.
The Fallen Deities ride their steeds, dragonlike monsters, when going to war or travelling long distances. These beasts were created by the ashes of death. They copy the appearance of their masters.
Does it have a name?: Steed of the Fallen Deities

Entry(link): z,=D
Comments: The first picture is to get an idea of the colours, and the second one to see the runes in more detail.
The Sash of Wisdom is a sash given by the deities to those worthy of their wisdom. It is said that such sash is stuck in the branches of the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden.
Does it have a name?: Sash of Wisdom

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved in case...

And the thread is open! Happy

Pocket Size Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 am Reply with quote        
I might just try this one..lol.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 am Reply with quote        
I might attempt something a little later.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote        
Hey this sounds fun! I'll have to use my mobile to take a picture though, since my scanner is broken =(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote        
I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with!

Bah, it's not a problem. We don't judge the entries based on their graphic quality, but on the idea behind them (if that makes any sense). So as long as we can still see what it is, you should be fine Wink

Too bad for your scanner though Sad

Venri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote        
Can it be anything at all?

Like does it have to remain as clothes/weapons or can it be hair/bases/etc?

Sorry just wanted to make sure
Inamorata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote        
Ooo...This looks fun. If I have the time, I'll see what I can come up with. Even if I don't win, it's totally fun just to try.

I look forwards to seeing what takes the prizes, GL everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
    I think I originally (wayyyy back ago) made tentacles for a BMI contest.

But they didn't win. I don't know if it's because they don't want to add in water deities or because I suck or because they want to stick with weapons and capes and head dresses xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote        
I'd like a sea Deity, they could do a whole base set with different lower halves, like mermaids that are half whale or shark or koi or squid, that'd be a lot of fun =)
Squid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote        
    Venri, I could not agree with you more completely!

If I weren't feeling lazy, I'd make new edits, but here are some guys I made during the last event. The purple was because I got bored. The pink was my character in the RP. This was my original entry wayyy back ago.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote        
Venri wrote:
Can it be anything at all?

Like does it have to remain as clothes/weapons or can it be hair/bases/etc?

Sorry just wanted to make sure

Anything that can go on the avatar. Whether it be a base or hair, doesn't matter. Happy

Also, there are water deities and earth deities. The fire deity became the fallen so there are no longer fire deities. (hence the fire theme for the fallen)
there are also wind deities, haven't really explored that area yet though.
(lowers are mist)

I'll see if I can go into more detail about each group and their themes. =)

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next