Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Anidey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Only have one example right now because I've been lazy about getting my art on the comp.

Lineart:
xXx

Unfinished Colored: (Finished would either be flat color or insanely detailed.)
xXx

A full body sketch I need to digitalize (ignore arms and hands. I got lazy and will fix them on the comp)
xXx

I'd probably only be doing heads and waist-ups. What say you? Happy

(Examples above are my OCs, Eron and Riddle, property of my brain Happy

And for the record, Riddle is wearing two different sized katars, not holding daggers. I know my anatomy and how impossible holding daggers like that would be xD )
Anidey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
anyone? Please? D:

Another example that is more akin to what I'd be drawing for you lot:
(Ignore somewhat crap lineart, it's just a ref so I didn't bother clean it up
Also not that her hair is intentionally poofier than normal because she has fur-hair. xD)

EDIT: proper link here of the fixed version:
xXx
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:41 am Reply with quote        
I think they look very nice, but I don't really know how to price art. I'm sure alot of people aren't posting because they don't know what you should price it. Sorry I couldn't help though. Bouncy Heart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote        
Sorry, I missed your thread (or it had less examples and wasn't too sure or something).

Pretty nice art. I'm not too sure of the market now though. I ran slow for a while, because of the low activity of the forums, but with the amount of newbies we've been getting, prices could go up, or at least you could get more orders.
I'm gonna say somewhere between 750 to... 2000 silver? Always depends of the details, number of character, etc., plus that's only for the drawing (and not for the character sheet), so you could add a little more for that.

Although, as I said, the market will most likely changed a bit, so maybe do an art auction or something? It could give you a better idea of what people are ready to pay, and how many people are interested in your work.

Anidey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks, loves~

And auction sounds like a good idea, Maeve. Easier to keep track of the current market and all. Merci beaucoup.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Yup, I'm just not sure how the amount of newbies will affect the price, so an auction seemed like the best thing.

Not related, but is it normal that I feel weird when someone thanks me in French? XP

Anidey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote        
Probably not xD I tend to always say thank you in either french or German though. Just like when I count to ten it goes: un, deux, trois, vier, fünf, six, sieben, acht, nine, ten. Or something of the like. My mind is cluttered.

C'est une mal habitude.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote        
I've been taking french in school and know some words in german aswell and I've noticed this of you to and pointed it out in my mind.. is that weird that Im taking tabs on people subconciously? 0-o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Meh, not at all. The fact that you know 'em too is going to stick with me. Happy

I don't know all that much German - only the bits I picked up from my mum's side of the family. Mostly the niceties and smalltalk.

French, on the other hand, I grew up with and then took in school. I'm better at speaking than writing though. -.-;; I can barely spell in english. How am I supposed to spell in french?
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
I see. I don't know very much german either, (Sidenote- I wont have your drawing done till tomorrow.. randomly popped into my head.. now back to the topic at hand>) I'm not doing to well in French at the moment...(that's going to change) But, Merci Beaucoup or other easy small things like that I can understand.. Oooh I want to try talking to you in french now XD Ugh but that would be so off topic I would get in trouble haha. I'm going to create a topic about french just so I can do this now. Twisted Evil

BUT YEAH. I have no cue which way those fricking accents go, or the articles. Especially the articles.. i mean.. why do their objects have genders o-0? D:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote        
I'm just so used to seeing people talking in English on forums, just feels weird whenever I see something else. XD

Than my brain starts making sentence in Frenglish, which isn't bad when I'm just thinking, but really awkward when my parents ask something and half a word isn't in the right language. Lips are Zipped

This has just reminded me of the hangout thread I was supposed to make... Maybe it will happen soon? Yeah, probably not XD

Anidey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote        
Frenglish = my native language xD

Québécoise by birth. Actually a really hard habit to kick, and I stopped using French all together for a few years after I move to the US as a kid. Wish I hadn't - I'm re-learning stuff in school that I should know and forget a lot of the less proper slang I knew then.

I don't get the object genders either. I mean... A door is a door. But it has to be a girl-door, apparently.

Hangout thread would be fun and particularly random~
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote        
It is indeed a female door. XD

Never got a chance to move out of Québec = got stuck with French XP
Frenglish just happens if I spend too much time talking (or more likely writing) in English and then suddenly switch. My brain is apparently easily confused XD

I was supposed to make a French/English chat hangout, since the only thing we have now is the What do you speak? thread, and it's kinda dead.
Speaking of which, we should probably go chat there instead of spamming your art thread XD