Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote        
((Guh, need to remember to post Duh
Anyway, moving things forward a bit....))

~ After everyone reached Dr. Black's office, a quick briefing of what was expected from them took place. The chosen mutants were to make contact with their visitor and try to bring her back to the base, where she would be examined by the doctor. They were allowed to use strength, but only in last resource, and should avoid fighting as much as possible. The doctor also handed them each a small communication device, similar to a walkie-talkie, so they would be able to stay in contact with her and the others at all time.

In the meantime, Dorian would stay in the garden and keep an "eye" on the group. His job was mostly to act as a second communication relay, so that the group would not loose contact if something happened, but any info he could detect would also be appreciated. He also received a small communicator, just in case he needed one.

The mutants who had not been requested for the mission were free to do whatever they wanted. It was suggested that they stick around the base, just in case their help was needed, but as long as they could be reached, they could go on with their usual activities.

Once that small meeting was done, the mutants left to go do their duty, accompanying Dorian to the garden before heading for the forest, looking for their new guest... ~

After the mutants left her office, Dr. Black quickly placed everything back in order, before exiting her office and heading down the stairs to the medical facilities of the base, on the first floor of the basement. Spliced mutants were rarely fully cooperative, so she wanted to have everything ready before the others came back. Reaching a large metallic door, she pressed her palm against a small brown panel on the side, waiting for it to recognize her. Soon, a small bip resonated and the door opened, letting the woman in.

The room was small and devoid of furnitures. The only feature was the door, and a lighten panel in the ceiling. After looking around to make sure everything was fine, the doctor exited the room, the door closing behind her, and headed for the one just across the hall, a medical office that looked just like a normal one, with all the needed equipments. She turned the lights on and shifted through the shelves, taking out all she would need for a medical exam and placing it onto a tray on the side of the table. She also added a small bottle of sedatives, just in case...

Once she was sure everything was fine, she headed back to the nearest door leading outside and waited for a sign from the others, hoping everything would go well.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote        
Cray took to the skies almost immediately as she got outside. She knew what she had to do- find a large nest. She had a feeling that this mutant wouldn't move too far from it, being in unfamiliar territory and all. She pulled out the communicator that the Doctor had given her. "This is Cray. I'm in the skies on the watch for anything that may be suspicious."

She could barely see her partners throught the thick foliage of the forest. She didn't fly very often, and her motions were somewhat awkward. She chose to stay up high because she would have never been able to maneuver in the trees.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote        
Dorian huddled into the blanket Dr. Black had insisted he take out to the garden. It wasn't really cold out, but Dorian always seemed a little chilled. He huffed a sigh and tried to ignore the little shivers that threatened, focusing instead on the progress of the mutant search party. They were making good time, he thought, no one was in distress, and the unknown bird was either unconscious or too far away for him to sense. He clicked on the communicator for a brief moment. "I've got them, Dr. Black. No sign of the stranger, but I'm ready and waiting." Dorian clicked it off again and pulled the blanket closer, resigned to a long wait.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
Dr. Black jumped a bit when her communicator let out a voice. Soon regaining her composure, she listened as Dorian stated his observation. "That's good," she thought, a bit relieved to know that nobody had gotten into trouble yet. Sending younger mutants against an unknown visitor wasn't really in her habits, and even if she knew they were all able to handle the situation, it still made her a bit nervous.

"Hopefully, they'll find her soon," she added mentally, looking at the woods from where she was standing. The search could go on for a few hours before it got too dark outside, but then it'd need to stop. Running in the forest without seeing anything was just stupid. Even if she didn't like the idea of having some stranger so close to their base...

"Maybe she got scared and ran - or flied - away?" The thought, although a bit strange at first, was a very real possibility for a spliced mutant. Most birds she had came across during her carrier were effectively easily spooked, and tended to prefer flying away than staying in an unsafe environment. But that was just a possibility. With a resigned sigh, she leaned back against the wall and kept waiting for any news.

((Live thread! LIVE!!!))

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
It was almost dusk when Joshua stopped suddenly, lifting his head like a dog scenting the air. "Wait," he said quietly, gesturing to the rest of the search party. There was something wrong. In less than a minute, the forest had gone from crawling with annoying life to completely silent. There was something in the trees up ahead that Josh thought might be a nest. But he needed to get closer to find out. He picked up his communicator and clicked it on. "Dorian? Can you give me anything?" he spoke as quietly as he could, not wishing to alert anything to his presence. "Cray? What do you see?"

((ninjamaos uses "weak health potion" on thread))

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
"I think I see what we are looking for." Cray said back after a few minutes of silence. Below her was a large nest- about seven feet in diameter, nestled in one of the larger trees. She made her way downwards, landing on a branch near the rest of the search party.

The moment she landed, though, there was a cacophony of caws as about twenty to thirty crows started screaming. She couldn't understand crows quite well, but she had a feeling that they followed the new bird to this area. She knew from experience that birds were attracted to bird splices. Once the group did an investigation in some marshlands and the herons wouldn't leave her alone until she left the area. These birds were extremely loyal, though, following this mutant wherever she went. "I have a feeling that our target should be coming back any moment now.

-----------------------------

Corvus was surveying the area when she heard her crows. Somebody was near the nest, looking for her most likely. She made her way back, perching a way's away from her nest to get a better look at the intruders.

There were quite a few of them that she could see, one of them being another bird-mutant. That was interesting... She was perched on the tree almost uncomfortably close, and the others were on the ground. She was fine with the grounded ones- all she had to do was take to the sky and they would be of no worry. But the bird... she'd have to take that one out right away. She flew quietly above the treeline, landing silently a little way's away from the perched mutant. All it would take was a good strike from behind...

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote        
Jordan was dozing in her bedroom, while the others went about their business. As much as she would have liked to have taken part in checking out this new mutant, she saw the wisdom in staying behind. There was no need to make the other feel threatened by being approached by a predator. And having the night shift, she had little energy to do things during the day, on a regular basis.

The breeze that sailed through her open window was refreshing as well as informative. The scents of the others that pariodically drifted in gave her hints of what was going on. For everything else, she had her communication device. She usually had it on during the daytime, in case there was an emergency she needed to help with.

So far, everything was going well. Jordan hoped it would stay that way.

(Tsemara used a Phoenix Down on the thread.)

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
After a moment passed standing around and doing nothing, Dr. Black had headed back to her office, grabbing a large book, before returning downstairs to the living room giving on the back of the old school that served of base for the Guardians. That way, she would be close enough when, or if, the others needed anything, but she could still do some work on her side. Sitting in one of the armchairs, she placed the book on her laps and started to shifting through the page until she reached the desired topic.

When she heard the communication between the others - her device being set to pick what the others would say in case they would require help -, she turned her head to the nearest window. It was starting to get dark, and the perspective of having the kids face whatever was there in the dark wasn't very pleasant. Well, we'll see if they find anything in the next half-an-hour, then the day will be over, she thought, leaning back in her chair, her eyes still focused on the window and the forest behind it.

((Live thread! Live!!!))

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
The sun was setting, and Dorian was beginning to doze off when he started with a jolt. A new mutant had entered his range, and he was pretty sure it was the bird that they were looking for. Dorian did a quick examination of the new bird's mind; her consciousness was confusing, full of bird-y thoughts and impressions, but Dorian caught a quicksilver wisp of thought that put him on full alert. He scrabbled for the communicator and flicked it on, hands shaking. "Cray! Behind you! Watch out!" As soon as the warning left his lips, Dorian threw his consciousness at the bird-mutant, forming mental spikes to cause pain and confusion in the hopes that the mutant wouldn't be able to attack. The bird was very wild, though, and it cost Dorian much in pain and sickness to clamp down on her mind with his own, struggling to immobilize her. He only hoped it would be enough.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
((ninjamaos uses CPR on thread! Come on, guys, this is the exciting part! Let's make some s**t happen!))

Josh heard movement in the treetops only a moment before Dorian's voice crackled over the communicator.
"Cray! Behind you! Watch out!"
Josh spun and called out, craning his neck to try and locate Cray against the dappled background of branches. He saw a flurry of movement that he couldn't identify, and in desperation flicked on his communicator a moment before he began to scale the nearest tree. "Expedition crew, full alert! We have movement! Watch the treetops! I repeat, full alert!"
Josh had made it most of the way up the tree, and still couldn't see anything. "Cray! Do you copy? Dorian? What's going on?" Josh suddenly realized that his communicator was a bit sticky. When he took a look at it, he saw it melting in his hands. He quickly put it in his pocket, praying that it lasted long enough for them all to get back unharmed. The bark beneath his hands was smoking, and he could feel little tongues of flame lapping across his fingers and up his wrists. That was good. It meant he was ready. Now he just needed to figure out where the enemy was so he could take it down.