Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
"No, we were just checking the usual thing," Dr. Black said when the three boys showed up a few minutes late. The beginning of the meeting was pretty much always the same: discussing whatever had come up during the week as far as mutant actions inside and outside the base, along with a summary of the tasks to do for the upcoming week and the like. Nothing especially important considering most of those info would then be written on a few informations boards located through the school building to make sure everyone was aware of what was going on.

After a little look at her notes to remember where she was, Dr. Black pursued the presentation. The week had been especially calm, even for an area where not much happened usually. Not that it was a bad thing. A few rumors about an anti-mutant group forming in the north of the region were spreading, but it was still only a rumor. No mutant actions had been reported outside of the known cases... Finishing her part of the speech, the woman asked if anyone had anything they wanted to discuss.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
Joshua glanced at the lemur-mutant seated next to him, then spoke up. "This afternoon, there was a strange mutant on campus. I think she attacked Mikey... he can probably tell you more about it."

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote        
"Well I wouldn't call it an attack more like it was scared. I think it was just defending what it considered it's territory. It was a bird type mutant i don't know what kind. I say it because I wasn't sure if it was a male or a female it kindave dive bombed me pretty quickly while I was swinging around through the trees" Mikey said rather quickly and flustered at just being put on the spot like that he was hoping that Joshua wouldn't have said anything here he really just wanted to tell Dr. Black. Talking front of big crowds made him nervous and he was already a very nervous type of person as it was anyway.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
Dorian flinched a little at the sudden rush of thoughts and feelings that emanated from Mikey. He really seemed like a nervous sort of person, and it was making Dorian a little bit nauseous. But when he realized the cause of Mikey's embarrassment, he put a hand on Joshua's arm to get his attention.
"Josh, you shouldn't put Mikey on the spot like that," Dorian whispered. "He doesn't like it."

"Oh." Josh whispered. Then, louder: "Hey Mikey, I'm sorry I brought that up without asking you. And, if it makes any difference, it looked female to me. Kinda skinny, but definitely a girl."

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote        
Dr. Black blinked in surprise at the announce of another mutant running - or flying - around the campus. She knew all the residents of the base, even those that spent so little time around that most of the other would not remember them. And as far as she knew, Cray was the only bird mutant in the area...

The fact that it had attacked Mikey was a good indicator that it wasn't a Guardian. Although spliced mutants sometimes had strong fear reaction, most Guardians were trained to control themselves and succeed pretty well. Plus, a Guardian would have warned before arriving, or would have at least presented himself at the base before going to run in the forest around. So, it was either a lonely mutant, or a Renegade. There was no sign of the other group sending mutants in the area though, and normally, they were not the kind to just randomly attack... At least that was how they acted when she previously met them.

Clearing her thoughts, Dr. Black looked at Joshua and Mikey. "It's probably a lost mutant," she said. Those were the most common encounter anyway, and most of the people sitting around the table had been in that situation before, chased from the normal world and left to find a new shelter. She shrugged. "Well, we can't leave it to wander outside our base, at least without knowing what it wants."

Now, that left the problem of approaching it. Normally, some of the more experience mutants would have done the job, but none were around today. The doctor could also have done it herself, but not alone. Of the group present in front of her, the spliced were automatically excluded, unless they were just there as guard. If their guest had been scared by Mikey, putting her in contact with Jordan was certainly not a good idea, and Cray...

Wait, maybe that could work? Cray was friendly and caring, so she could made a good first impression... unless the other bird mutant didn't like herons, that is. Normally, telepaths were used to enter in contact with new mutants, since they, well, could read the other's thoughts and react accordingly. However, if the other wasn't stable, it wasn't a good idea to send Dorian. Which left Jade and Joshua. A healer could be useful, in case the other mutant was hurt, and Joshua's control over fire could always be used to scare the other if things got bad. Plus, they just needed to convince the other to come close to the base so she could be examined - and fed and everything else -, so it shouldn't be too hard.

The whole reflection took only a minute or so. "Cray," the doctor said, "I'd like you to go see that bird mutant, and try to bring her back to the base. Joshua and Jade will go with you." She then looked at Joshua. "Do you think you can find the place where you met her, or should Mikey go with you?" she asked the young man. She didn't want Mikey to go too close to the bird mutant, but just guiding the group to the right place shouldn't pose a problem. But if it gets dangerous... a little voice resonated in her mind. "And, do you think it can be dangerous, more than you can handle?" she added, not really wanting to send Jordan since she could scare their new guest, but not wanting to put any of them at risk either.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote        
"I can take you back to where we saw the bird-mutant. And she honestly didn't seem that dangerous to me. Besides, feathers are flammable. I'm not worried," Josh told Dr. Black. He was a little bit fed up with her concern; in his mind, there really was no reason to worry. At this point, he just wanted to get the whole thing over with.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote        
Cray listened as they talked about the new mutant in the area. Suddenly her mentioning of food seemed a little less important. When the Doctor mentioned Cray joining the search party, she grinned. "Another bird, huh?" She smiled, somewhat excited about meeting it. Even if the mutant had the possibility of being dangerous, she could hopefully help. "I can most likely take to the sky and search from above if you think that would help."

A bird mutant in the area most likely built a nest, and any human-sized nest would most likely be easy to spot from the air.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
Dr. Black nodded. There was no need to send too many people anyway, and Joshua was right about the flammable feathers. Well, unless they were dealing with a fire-resistant bird mutant, but that was very unlikely. She shrugged and chased her thoughts. "I'll let you guys work out the details," she said after Cray's suggestion of flying around the area. After all, they were all old enough to make good decision, and a little special training would be good for them.

"Just pass by my office after the meeting to get a few things," she said, alternatively looking at the three members designated for the mission. "So, does anyone else want to add something?" she then asked the group, wondering if there was any other issue they needed to discuss.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
Jade listened on with interest. Me? Why would she want me along? she thought with mild surprise. New mutants frightened her a bit, especially if their mutation was very obvious. She had grown up fearing and hating mutants, until she got moved to this place, in which she had gone through a lot having to try and accept the mutants, and herself.

Jade cleared her throat. 'Um, I would like to work as a medic, you know, be in charge of health care.' She had contemplated this position for some time now, but her shy and reserved nature had made her hold back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
Dr. Black nodded. It was a bit unexpected, but not an unpleasant news. The base always needed medics anyway. "I don't see any problem with that," she said with a soft smile. "Just come to my office... well, after we're done with that bird mutant, and we'll discuss it."

There wasn't much to discuss though, only the usual working conditions and other common things every job came with, but it was part of the Guardian's policies to make sure people know what they were signing up for. "Anything else?," she asked again to the rest of the group.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
Cray cleared her throat, pulling the list she had written out of her pocket. "Well, I was making up lunch today and realized that we were running low on food. So if some of the more normal-looking mutants could go out sometime over the next few days to do some shopping, that would be great." She grinned and held the list up.

"Here's a list of everything we need. If anyone wants to make additions, just grab a pencil and write them in at the bottom. Just make sure it's legible for whoever eventually goes out." Cray really wished that she could do the shopping, but her wings were a little hard to hide.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
"Dr. Black..." Dorian said hesitantly, "If you want, I can sort of keep watch from here while the others go to investigate the bird-mutant. That way if something goes wrong, I can disable her long enough that Josh, Jade and Cray can get away. But, um, it'd be best if I was a little closer to whatever's going to happen... maybe I can sit in the gardens with a blanket or something?"

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
Dr Black nodded gently at Cray's announce. She would check later if anyone was free to go do some shopping. "Just pin it to the broad outside the meeting room so that everyone has the chance to write what they need," she said before turning her attention to Dorian as he called her.

She wasn't sure if the boy had grabbed her thoughts or not, but the announcement was unexpected. She didn't really want to expose him to some unknown mutant, at least as long as she wasn't sure he could handle it, but on the other hand, he could prove useful if things went wrong. True, Joshua was probably able to get rid of the other mutant if needed, but it would be better if they could simply freeze her or something. Hurting others had never been part of the Guardian's way of thinking, and they tried to avoid it when possible.

Plus, that could also cover the others' back in case their guest was a little more than a simple lost mutant... or if she wasn't alone. Will need to check the security system later, the woman added for herself, not really liking the fact that someone could enter the perimeter of the base without being noticed. But that would come later... With a small sigh, she answered the boy's request.

"Fine," she said first, gathering her thoughts as she did. "There's a gazebo in the garden were you'll be able to stay. It should be close enough to the forest to enable you to detect her, but far enough to keep you safe from any trouble." Or most, she added mentally, wondering how the boy could handle the possibly troubled spirit of the other mutant.

"So, I think we have covered everything," she said to the group. "I'd like if Joshua, Jade, Cray and Dorian could come to my office now. The rest of you can return to their normal occupations." She waited a little to make sure they had all understood and had nothing to add before getting up and grabbing her files, heading for her office.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Dorian waited for the others to start leaving the meeting before rising from his seat. The onslaught of so many consciousnesses was disorienting, and Dr. Black was worrying again. Her strong mental "voice" cut through all of the others easily, which was why Dorian often used her as a sort of compass-- he pretty much knew where she was and what she was doing all of the time. He tried not to listen too much, but she was always there, her thoughts humming in the background.

Dorian was jerked out of his reverie by a touch on his arm. It was Joshua, offering without words to help Dorian find his way to Dr. Black's office. The telepath nodded and let himself be led in what he thought was probably the right direction. It was, and it wasn't long before the boys reached Dr. Black's office.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
Josh was impatient. He and Dorian were waiting outside Dr. Black's office for some sort of briefing before they went to investigate the bird-mutant that he and Mikey had encountered earlier. Well, at least Josh was going. Dorian was going to wait in the garden, and .... watch them, or something. With his mind. Well THAT was a creepy thought. Josh rocked back on his heels and snuck a swift glance at the diminuitive telepath. He looked pretty innocent. But you never knew.
Josh huffed a sigh. He was not by nature a patient person, and he felt like he had been waiting long enough. He would wait another two minutes before he went back to the meeting room to see what was taking the others so long.