Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
Corvus was near where the Guardian base was supposed to be, doing some scouting, when she heard the rustling. "Something coming! Must fly!" She thought in a panic. Before the rest of her body had time to react, though, she calmed herself. "No need for that." she muttered under her breath. "Just get higher. Try to see what it is."

So she took to the higher branches as something came through the trees. Its motions disturbed the crows and ravens that tended to follow her, and they cawed loudly as it came closer and closer. "Something coming! Something coming!" They screamed, notifying Corvus of the presence that she already knew existed. She was curious to see what it was, exactly, for according to the noise it made, it moved too gracefully to be a normal human.

And then it came into view. A strange looking creature covered in fur. "Strange! Attack it!" She thought once again. Before the human in her had time to react, though, she was diving towards the creature, talons out.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote        
"What the crap." Mikey said pretty much to late as whatever or whoever it was dived at him with their talons outstretched. He didn't know what was about to occur there wasn't really anytime to move unless he just let go which he proceeded to do.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:23 am Reply with quote        
(changed font. indigo is already taken by corvus)

'Ok thanks,' said Jade. She walked over to the fridge and took out a bananana, then took some oatmeal, sat down and began to eat, peeling the banana.

She quickly finished her breakfast. She got up and headed for the library.
Jade smiled as she looked upon all the books, old and new. She took out an interesting-looking book and sat down at one of the tables and began to read.

'Ouch!' Jade said, several pages later. She got a papercut. She frowned at it, and a faint mist enveloped the small cut. Then it faded, leaving the skin good as new. Jade returned to the book and read on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quote        
Corvus landed on the branch that the thing had just let go of, barely stopping herself before going even further to attack it. She stood perfectly still, fluffing up her feathers to try and look more intimidating as she watched what she had just attacked.

It was an interesting looking thing, and she could tell it was male, now that she got a better look. She was seen, though. Her mission was botched. Time to fly back to the nest to figure out what to do next. She took to the sky, obscuring herself with the trees.

As she flew off, she realized that maybe her being spotted was a good thing. The male thing was most likely a member of the Guardians, and he would lead them to her. Now all she had to do was work up a reason as to why she was there...

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote        
Joshua came upon Mikey just as some kind of bird-mutant hurriedly left the scene. The lemur-mutant was on the ground, covered in leaves. He looked pretty shaken up. Josh knelt beside him, more than a little ticked off at the anonymous mutant who had attacked his dorm-mate.

"You okay? Did that thing hurt you?"

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quote        
"No no it scared me but didn't hurt me. Of course I think it attacked me because I scared it." He said as he got up dusting leavs off and making sure Nella was ok. "We should probably let Dr. Black know about it in that meeting she's having latter." He continued after Nella told him she was ok and he found his apple.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote        
Joshua was steaming. He noticed this with mild surprise, and took a moment to control his frustration and consciously lower his body temperature so he wouldn't spontaneously ignite things. "I'm glad you're okay... you're probably right. We should take this to Dr. Black."

((trying out something new in terms of colors... should make it easier to tell my chars apart))

"So, you said you had that nightmare again last night. Want to talk about it?"

Dorian hesitated a moment before answering Dr. Black. If he was honest with himself, the thought of talking about the nightmare scared him a little. It seemed to make it more real.

"It was the same. Just...darkness, complete darkness, and I'm alone...there's no one there. There's never anyone there..." Dorian's heart was fluttering painfully in his chest with remembered fear. But Dr. Black was there, waiting... He clenched his fists and continued. "It was longer this time. It went on and on... and I couldn't leave or wake up."

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote        
Dr. Black listened as Dorian told her about his nightmare, pondering on what to do. It was something quite common among mutants to get nightmares, and probably even more with telepaths, but she knew that wouldn't help the young man sitting in front of her. And she wasn't a psychologist, so therapy wasn't really her thing. It left the usual tips, and medications if things got worst.

"Well," she said after a moment, passing a hand through her hair, "I'm guessing you probably already have heard the "control your dream" sort of tips, but it seems to work fine for telepath." And to get rid of trauma, she added for herself. "You know, taking the control of what's happening and, since it's a dream after all, turning things to your advantages or making them better for you. Finding a door or a light, for example."

She paused for a moment, wondering if she should add anything, and figured it was better to offer it . "And if that doesn't work, I can always give you some medications. It'd give you a nightmare-free sleep. Although, I'd prefer to keep those in case nothing else work, since they are pretty strong after all." She then paused and waited for a reaction from Dorian.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeah lets get back and let her know. I'd race you but seeing as I will be using the trees and you the ground it would be an unfair advantage on my part." Mikey said laughing trying to lighten the mood. The bird thing had scared him but he had already figured why it seemed the attack had been out of it's own fear for him entering it's territory. He didn't know much about many different birds just enough to know that many were territorial and didn't like there area's entered.

He had jumped back up into the trees climbing a few branches trying to discern which was the bird had gone. "Hmm oh well I'll leave my fruit out here. Dr. Black will get mad if I leave it inside again won't she Nella?" He asked to his familiar swinging back off towards the base the apple he hadn't eaten and the orange in plan sight.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote        
~ Guardian Base#1; 1:45PM, October 12th, 2046 ~
After a quick exchange, Dr. Black and Dorian both agreed that it would be better for him to try out the drug-free way first, and then move to medications if nothing else worked. With that, the boy left the doctor's office, while she stayed there to work. Absorbed in her work, the doctor didn't notice the time flying and soon, it was time to head to the meeting room. The rest of the group had been left to do whatever they wanted to do in the morning, and should now be getting ready for the meeting.

Dr. Black stretched her arms above her head before getting up and grabbing the files that were laying on her desk. She had spent the rest of the morning filling up various forms and other paperworks that needed to be done. Fortunately, the meeting this afternoon should be quite easy, considering there was very few things she wanted to discuss with the mutants. Unless some of them had something to say, that is, but generally, they were a good group to work with.

She readjusted her glasses on her nose before taking a quick look at the files, making sure not to forget anything. She then exited her office and headed for the meeting room. As she reached it, she pushed the door and turned the lights on, apparently being the first there. She dropped her files on the table and looked at her watch. It was still a bit early, which explained why the others were not there, but that left her enough time to prepare anything. Not that there was really anything needing to be prepared...

With a small sigh, she sat down at her place at one end of the long rectangular table, pulling up the screen of the laptop embedded in the table and turned it on, looking if she had any message and then reviewing some older presentations she had given to the group. Nothing would be useful in them though, so she quickly closed the device and grabbed her files, opening the first and looking through it as she waited for the others to arrive.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote        
Jade was way tucked into the book she was reading, her eyes moving quickly. She rose her eyebrows in surprise or frowned sometimes. Her watch suddenly started bleeping. 'Oh,' she said, ripping her eyes from the page slowly. She blinked several times, remembering where she was. 'Oh! The meeting!'

She dropped the bookmark into the book and got up, feeling disconnected to her body, how she always felt after having submerged into a book. The feeling lasted for a few moments.

Jade took her book and left the library. When she arrived she saw that only Dr. Black was there. 'Hi,' she said quietly before sitting down, still clutching the book.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote        
Around 1:40, an alarm sounded in Jordan's room. She pushed herself into a seated position, yawning. She hated the sound of her alarm clock. Though it did serve its' purpose. The mutant needed to get out of bed and walk across the room to shut it off. She used to have it closer to her bed. However, she had one too many instances of hitting the snooze button and rolling over. And then she had managed to smash one of previous clocks when she hadn't been expecting to be awoken one day.

Jordan removed herself from the comforts of her bed and silenced the offensive device. She checked her garments, as well as the time. She might as well change into something different before the meeting. The puma hybrid donned a clean pair of dark brown cargos and a hunter's green tanktop. After running her clawed fingers through her short hair, she left her bedroom.

She arrived in the meeting room with a number of minutes to spare. Only Dr. Black and a healer that she believed was named Jade. She didn't spend a lot of time with the others. She was usually sleeping during the day, when most of the other Guardians were up and about. "Hey," she gave the others a polite, if not slightly shy wave. She then sat down in a random location, away from the others.

Jordan didn't want to invade anyone's space, or freak them out. The puma hybrid couldn't change what she was. She also knew she frightened some of the other mutants, especially the ones crossbred with non-predatory animals. They would come to her if they wanted to. And if they didn't, that was fine too.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:35 am Reply with quote        
Cray had just finished making up some sandwiches for everyone after the meeting. They were mostly ham and cheese, with tuna salad for herself. She made a mental note that some of the more normal-looking members had to go out and get more food soon. She had already looked through all the cabinets and made a list of what they needed. It was simple stuff- bread, eggs, milk, various meats, and of course fish.

As she finished up her list, Cray decided to pocket it and take it to the meeting with her. She would bring up the food issue there. As she made her way up to the meeting room, she saw two others in there. "Hope I'm not late!" she said cheerfully as she opened the door.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote        
Dorian was frustrated. He'd thought that this time, he might be able to find his own way to the meeting room. After all, he'd been there several times before. Unfortunately, he'd only made it halfway there before running head-first into a wall and nearly knocking himself silly. He'd slid down the wall, tears of pain running down his face, and now sat dejectedly at its base. He didn't feel much like trying his luck again alone... maybe he'd just wait for someone to come by. Dorian was aware of his dependency and he hated it, but there wasn't anything he could do about it right now. Maybe later he'd ask Dr. Black to make him a tactile map so he could find his way around.

Joshua had followed the lemur-mutant back to the base, marveling at the speed with which he jumped from branch to branch. He'd arrived back just in time for the 2:00 meeting with Dr. Black. On his way to the meeting room, he saw a small form sitting hunched over in one of the third floor corridors. The kid looked up as Joshua approached, and he realized it was the telepath, Dorian. He looked like he'd been crying. “Um... you okay?”

Dorian sighed. “I'm fine. Just ran into the wall...” He cringed at how ridiculous that must have sounded to the fire element. But, he realized a moment later, Josh wasn't thinking that at all.

Ouch, Josh thought, it must be difficult, not being able to see where you were going. “Oh. That sucks. Do you need help getting to the meeting?”

“Yes. Thanks." for not judging me, Dorian thought but didn't say.

Josh offered the telepath a hand up, putting a hand on his shoulder to be able to steer the kid in the right direction. By the time they got to the meeting room, they were a few minutes late.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
Mikey was late again but then again it wouldn't be normal if he wasn't. "Sorry for being late guys." He said swinging in through the door frame. He had a bad habit of finding things to swing around on lately. He guessed it was the lemur part of him coming out a bit more. "Hope I haven't missed anything yet." He said taking a seat near the others. Nella starting an argument in his head again about Jordan which he promptly stopped before it grew to large.

As he sat there he began to wonder how to mention the bird mutant who had attacked him. It really hadn't been much of an attack since he or she hadn't hurt him. Of course he didn't know of any other way to describe someone diving at him with their talons outstretched. He figured that he would just say whatever needed to be said when the time came.