Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
Dia gave Basil a strange look. "You can call me Dia." she said. Her white tail swished slightly as she took a good look at Basil.
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote        
As the girl spoke, the terrible sense of premonition faded and Basil took in a soft gasp of air. "Dia... that's a lovely name," he said, considering. After a few moments, Basil gave her the formal gypsy greeting of one Ice Master to another, cupping his hands to his chest and forming a small ball of ice-flame that flickered gently as water in the air condensed and slid across its surface. He slowly extended his hands towards the girl, allowing the flame to shrink and then release into a puff of ice crystals that hung for a moment in the air before melting away. Words writhed their way into his head, and although Basil had never learned the ritual incantations, he suddenly knew what had to be said. "In this time of tragedy and change, I remember what must be remembered, the way opens, and I find a sister of the Ice." Basil spoke softly in the flowing gypsy tongue, feeling something shift inside of him as he did so. The earth and the heavens were moving, altering the course of existence for everyone who would ever live. Basil didn't know how he knew it, but he did. The breath of change was in the air.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
Dia raised an eyebrow at Basil, then after a moment, she returned his gypsy greeting. "In this time of tragedy and change, I remember what must be remembered, the way opens, and I find a brother of the Ice." She said to him. Then she smiled gently.
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Basil hesitated for a moment before returning Dia's soft smile with a shy smile of his own, not a little surprised by her word-perfect response in the gypsy tongue. It was a fading language now, only really used among the small bands of rovers who still lived in a traditional way. It wasn't taught to outsiders, as a rule, and so Basil couldn't help but be curious about Dia's knowledge. He studied her from beneath his eyelashes before trying something else. "We...perhaps at your convenience we may talk, together, in private. I would hear your tale, as much of it as you wish to share." Basil spoke again in the gypsy tongue, wondering whether Dia would understand. It was possible that she had some knowledge of the ritual forms but not of the language itself, in which case she would not be able to respond. Unlikely, but possible. Either way, what happened now would tell Basil much about this strange girl.

That thought set off another, that Dia was not the only girl present right now. Belatedly, Basil glanced over at Maeve to see her waiting, still holding the box of solstice decorations. He glanced back once at Dia, giving her a look that said that he wasn't finished with her yet, then turned to his kindly host. "Sorry, Maeve, I... what can we do to help?"

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
((Well, well, let's see if we can bring some life to the forums. Wink ))

~ A few months have passed since the winter solstice, and the cold season is now coming to a close. A warmer wind is blowing over the city, carrying the fresh scent of young flowers with it. Birds are singing in the tree, and dragons are roaming around the town, protecting their nests and youngs. Everybody's mood seems to have lighten up too, slowly erasing the painful memories of last summer's event.

Things have been pretty quiet in the guild for a while. A small event was held to commemorate the solstice, although it was kept simple, since few people felt like celebrating the Ice Dragons' holiday with the recent event. Some people then left the guild, some joined in. Just the usual life for a guild like this one... ~

The woman opened her eyes, slowly, before placing her forearm over her face to protect it from the intense morning light. The day looked like it would be sunny. "Well, I guess the plants will enjoy it," she thought with a large yawn, a smile then playing on her lips for a few seconds. Sitting up in her beds, she stretched her arms and legs, then she got up and headed for her wardrobe to grab some clothes.

Opening the door, the mirror hung inside reflected her image. Her skin was darker than usual, most of it covered at the moment by a pale blue striped pyjama; her ears longer, almost like elven ears; her hair were messy, although it was nothing exceptional since she had just woken up. The most notable addition to her outfit was probably her tail, resembling the one of a Lothar. Moving slowly as she attempted to replace her hair, it gave her a wilder look than what she was used too. Looking away from the glass, she managed to grab a shirt, vest, pants and a pair of white stockings from a cluttered shelve, quickly closing the door before anything could fall off. A good cleaning would be useful... "Later..."

The brunette then quickly headed to the bathroom for her morning shower, humming a playful tune as she did.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
Something stirred, in the darkness on the basement room. The newly awakened being opened their eyes, seeing nothing but hazy shapes in the gloom. It rolled over. The illuminated clock face let them know it was time that it got its' lazy tail out of bed.

Tse' Mara crawled out of the comforts of her bed and rummaged around in the dark. The nice thing about having a bedroom in the infameous basement was that it was always dark when she wanted to go to sleep. Only drawback was that she didn't have windows. She missed being able to peer outside at random hours. There was usually something to see outside. She also missed having an exit besides the door. In the case of a zombie apcalypse, it would be nice to have something like that. Hmmm..... Maybe she could opt for an attic room? Nah. It wasn't as mysterious to live in the attic, as it was to live in the basement.

Distracted by her musings, it was a wonder that she found the lightswitch. The hodgepodge of items that made up the demonic looking womans' humble bedroom were illuminated when the switch was flicked. Tse' Mara blinked a couple times, as her eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. Once she could see her surrounding without blinking, she went about chaning.

She donned a pair of black jeans, and a red and white t-shirt. Instead of shoes, she placed some sturdy shin guards on her legs. You couldn't grip anything with your feet if they were covered.

She snuck upstairs, trying not to disturb the squid that lived somewhere in the basement. She didn't need a crazy battle this early in the morning. Though, she could probably get something to eat. As she slunk around the main living area, she heard the sound of water running. It appeared someone else was awake. Tse' put a pointed ear to the bathroom door. According the the sound of the humming, it had to have been Maeve. A wicked little smirk pulled at her lips.

Balling her hands into fists, Tse' Mara pounded on the door for a second before slinking away. She snickered as she made her way into the kitchen. She might as well start on making breakfast for everyone. She mixed some batter in a large bown and went about making pancakes.

(Sorry if the post makes no sence. I have a headache. But it's a post! Woo!)

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote        
Through the sound of the shower, Maeve barely heard someone pounding on the door. Stopping her humming for a second, she listened to see if she could hear anything. Meh, probably just my imagination, she thought as she quickly finished her shower quickly. She then jumped into her clothes, a classical outfit that somehow gave her the look of a butler. She passed a hand through her hair, quickly drying them and placing them, adding a little bow as decoration.

Making sure everything was where it belongs, she exited the bathroom. Strange noises where coming from the kitchen, guiding the woman's steps through the building. "Good morning Tse!" she said with a large smile as she entered the guild's kitchen, noticing someone else had been awaken and was now preparing breakfast, apparently for everyone. She headed for the nearest shelves, grabbing a few plates and glasses and placing them on the counter so everyone could easily serve themselves.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote        
Her serpentine tail waving idly behind her, Tse'Mara nodded along to a song only she could hear. Periodically, she would hum a few notes. The tune was probably something familiar, to many of the guild members. She wasn't sure of this, considering her broad taste in music. But it was a fairly safe bet that someone would recognise a few bars of "This is Halloween".

She looked up from the cooking batter on her pan, when Maeve entered. Tse'Mara grinned, unintentionally showing off a fang or two. "Morning, Maeve!" she replied. "How goes it?

"I've got some pancakes in the works," she continued. The demonic looking woman gestured to the pan and batter with a nod of her head. "I was considering making some eggs, but I wasn't sure if anyone else wanted any."

Malverne wrote:
Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote        
"Some eggs would definetly be a nice addition," the guild master commented, the lovely smell of pancakes making her already huingry stomach even hungrier, paying little attention to the other's appearence. With all the time she had spent around the guild, Maeve had gotten used to her strange look. She finished to place the dishes on the counter before turning to face Tse, leaning against the counter as she waited for food to be ready.

"And everything's going fine, I guess. Of course, nothing is really happening around here right now, so nothing bad is happening either... Although, it's starting to annoyed me a bit." She paused, waiting her thoughts for a moment, before shaking her head and adding: "Anyway, how are you?", a smile appearing on her lips as she pushed some unpleasant thoughts away.

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote        
"Alright. I'll get started on them in a sec," Tse'Mara grinned. She flipped the current pan of pancakes a couple times, making sure the color was good and even. Then, she set them on the platter that was loaded with steaming flapjacks. She set the dish aside. Afterwards, she poked her head into the fridge.

"I've been doing alright," Tse replied from the inside of the appliance. She loaded her arms with eggs, milk, cheeses, some spices, and salsa. As her hands and the limbs attatched to them were currently occupied, Tse closed the fridge door with a nudge of her foot. "I can't really complain about things," she shrugged. "It doesn't do me any good anyhoo."

She cracked a bunch of eggs into the bowl, and mixed some milk into them. Then she added some shredded cheese, and small amounts of the spices she'd pulled while she stirred. The salsa was set beside the pancakes. She dumped the bowl into the heated pan and stirred until she had a gooey but appetizing mound of scrambled eggs.

Tse'Mara grinned. "Alright we're good to roll," she announced when her messterpieces were complete. The food was set on the counter, where the other guild members would have access to it. "Grab a plate and dig in."

Malverne wrote:
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote        
Basil let out a whistling puff of air. He'd started hearing evidence of movement around the Guild, and was thinking about heading down and seeing if there was breakfast available. He'd woken with the dawn and had found himself unable to go back to sleep, so Basil had sat on his windowsill and looked out at the flowers and trees. Faint strains of music curled through his head, forming swelling chords that spoke of life in the very air he breathed, life so strong that Basil believed he could detect its scent on the breath of the wind. Along with something else. Was that...pancakes?

Humming happily, Basil slipped off of the windowsill and made his way out of his room, stopping briefly to put on a pale pink tee shirt over his white harem pants, pink to match the blooms outside his window. He fingered the soft material as he trotted downstairs, remembering Maeve's kindness as she'd helped him find some old clothes that fit from the many boxes in the basement.

Basil slowed as he reached the kitchen, peeking first around the corner to see who was up. It looked like it was just Maeve and Tse'Mara for now. The gypsy stepped lightly into the room, greeting the girls with a musical "Good morning!" before finding a seat at the table. "That smells good, Tse'Mara," Basil said with a shy smile, still a little reticent even after several happy months at the Guild. "How does this morning find you?"

Tsemara

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote        
Tse'Mara was just about to have a seat, when she heard the the sound of approaching footsteps. She looked over to the door to see who it was. The demonic looking woman grinned when Basil entered the room. "We're doing well. Thanks, Basil," she replied, standing up again. It seemed that she had neglected to pull out the pancake syrup. She figured she had better fix that before everyone was completely settled.

"I'm doing well, this morning," Tse stated from the cupboards. Her tail swished lazily behind her as she pawed through the various things that sat on the shelves. "How have you been?" she asked, turning around. A small assortment of syrups were set on the table, near the flapjacks. Afterwards, she returned to her seat and began to fill her plate with food.

Malverne wrote:
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm doing... very well," Basil responded to the demonic youth with a distant smile. He was watching a patch of sunlight move across the wooden floorboards. It was restful. The gypsy wasn't used to spending so much time in one place, but he found that he rather liked it. He shook himself from his woolgathering when his stomach reminded him that he hadn't come downstairs to stare dreamily at sunbeams. Basil took a plate and paused, frowning, as he tried to decide between pancakes and eggs. They both looked so good... with a shrug, he took some of each. Taking a seat across from the guildmaster, the slender youth took a bite of delicious-looking scrambled eggs. A smile lit his face, ice-blue eyes crinkling a bit around the edges. They were even better than he'd expected.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Malverne (Mal...call her Mal)
Sex: Female
Description: Mal describes herself as very long. She's tall, but it's mostly leg, and she's got long arms with long fingers. Mal is pale, with long, jet black hair that's usually tied back. She doesn't like getting dressed up at all, and so usually wears a t-shirt and shorts. For some reason, she despises shoes, and so never wears them. She wraps her forearms in cloth, an old habit that she can't remember starting, but the wrappings are a good place to stow the things she steals from other people. She has an incredibly bad habit of accidentally pickpocketing people, but she'll try to return the items subtly.
Mal's a fun loving person, but often says the wrong thing. she means well, but she always manages to say something incredibly stupid, or something that no one will understand. She loves a challenge, but abhors responsibility. She forgets important things, so ask her to do something now, or it'll slip out of her mind.
Biography: Mal doesn't actually remember coming to Midorea. She woke up one day, about a month ago, with complete and total amnesia. She had no idea who she was, but she soon figured it out. She was a thief, plain and simple. Since then, she's mostly been wandering around, trying to figure out who she'll be. No matter how hard she tries though, she can't seem to shake her thieving habits and instincts, so if something shiny goes missing, it's probably Mal.
Played by: Malverne
-----------
Mal skipped away from the large house, her pockets jingling with silver and gold. The smell of delicious pancakes and a sign reading "Enter at your own risk" piqued her curiosity. Mal decided to forgo her normal procedure of clambering through a window, and pushed the door open, inhaling deeply.

"Hello?" she called, "Anyone home?"

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote        
Basil looked up from his breakfast when he heard a loud creak, followed by "Hello? Anyone home?" He glanced at Tse'Mara and Maeve, who seemed equally surprised. "I'll get it."

Basil arrived at the door and found himself looking up, and up, and up at what appeared to be a willow tree in human form. The young woman was tall and statuesque, very fair but for a long, black queue. Basil noticed that, like him, she was not wearing shoes.

Feeling small, Basil politely greeted the willow tree. "Good morning. My name is Basil, and this is the Guild of Midorean Role-Players." Basil hesitated, taking a long look at the girl, and decided that she looked friendly enough. It also helped that she appeared unarmed, though Basil thought he saw a flash of gold in her pockets. Wondering what he was getting himself into, Basil finished the greeting. "Please come in. Would you like some breakfast?"

((P.S. Basil's profile is on page 3, at the bottom, for quick ref.))

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next