Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote        
Maeve smiled as she turned one of the globes in her hand, letting the light shine brightly on the glass surface. "They're decorations," she answered, before realizing it was quite a vague - and obvious - answer. "I got them during my second winter here, during the solstice celebration. It was a tradition from our hosts, the Ice Dragons, to give small presents to their visitors." She looked at the large box, containing way too many globes to be only collected gifts. "I found them really nice, so I figured I bought some extra," she said, passing a hand through her hair.

That little explanation had brought memories of the Ice Dragons to her mind, and also what had happened to their city a few months before. She shivered, hoping the survivors had found a new place to live. The solstice celebrations would be far less pleasant for them this year. She shook her head, knowing there wasn't much she could do for them now. Maybe once the solstice was over, he would go into the north to see how things were. Shrugging, she replaced the globe she was still holding into the box, trying to regain her cheerful mood. "So, want to help me hang them?" she asked Basil and Tse, taking the box in her arms and waiting for their answer.

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote        
Sorry, Here's my character.
Name: Dia
Sex: Female
Description: Dia is a tall slim girl with ankle length hair that's parted evenly into two coloers: the left red, the right blue. Her eyes are also different colors. The left blue, the right red. She has medium brown skin with a birthmark right under her right eye. Huge sparkling white dragon wings sprout from her shoulders, and she as a long whip-like tail covered in diamond scales with a tuft of white fur on the end. Her hands are slender, and her fingernails looks strangely like they're made of diamond, like the scales on her tail. What she normaly wears is a white and turquiose chinese-style shirt, and a pair of white flares. She usually wears sandals.

Dia is the quiet type who is always calm, even in dangerous situations. This is often been mistaken as being emo, and if anyone says anything about that, she gets mad. Often you'll see a look of pain on her face, as if she's experianced something horrible in her mysterious past. She is fiercely loyal to whomever she deems worthy as a friend.

http://diamonddragonqueen.deviantart.com/#/d32j2y7 Picture.

Biography: She had accidently stumbled onto it when she was exploring the town. No one knows where she came from. She just appeared out of nowhere.
Played by: Diamond Dragon
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quote        
((OOC: And you've been added to the players list. Welcome aboard! Happy))

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote        
((Thanks. And By the way, Dia ia actually pretty powerful, but I'll wait to reveal what she can do later.))

Dia flew above the town, taking in the scenery. It's very beautiful here. she thought. Suddenly she swooped down and landed in the middle of the town, accidently startling some nearby birds. As she casually walked arround, she suddenly noticed a building with a sign over it that said, 'Welcome to the Guild of Midorean Rolplayers' and under that, it said, 'Enter at your own risk.' "'Enter at your own risk?'" Muttered Dia. Seeing the door open, she went over, and entered.
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
Basil watched the play of expressions on Maeve's face as she told him a little about her decorations, apparently for the solstice celebration. This event was familiar to Basil; his gypsy troupe had always celebrated it each midwinter. But although they had celebrated with song and dance and fine food, they had never had lovely decorations such as these. Apparently they came from... ice dragons. Basil stopped breathing for a moment as he felt a little shiver of recognition. Ice dragons... now why did that seem so familiar... he was jolted out of his reverie as Maeve trailed off, clutching the box of decorations tightly so that it rattled a little. It looked like she was remembering something painful.

Basil didn't have a chance to ask the girl what was wrong, though, before she spoke again.
"So, want to help me hang them?"
"Um, yes, that sounds like fun," Basil replied. Decorating... it did sound enjoyable. Decorating his home with his housemates. Basil sighed. He had found himself increasingly comfortable in this unassuming guildhouse, a surprise for one who had always been a wanderer. It was just so nice here...

Basil started a little at a knock on the door. He turned to see a tall girl with brightly two-toned hair and eyes to match, as well as an enormous pair of white wings. Basil stepped back, a sheen of ice creeping over his shoulders and up his feet and ankles, unconsciously preparing for a possible attack. He didn't know what it was about this newcomer that made him uneasy, but he couldn't stop the slight tremors that ran through his tensed muscles at the sight of her.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote        
Dia paused when she say several people in the room. One of them backed up slightly, as if he was cautious of her. Her eyes glowed slightly, then went back to normal. "Am I interrupting something?" She finally asked.
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve turned as she heard a knock, mostly because she saw Basil moved and his expression gave away that it wasn't one of the other members of the guild. She was a bit surprised at the sight of the new girl. Yes, she had seen many strange people in her life, and many, many half-dragons and the like, but it still managed to surprise her when one arrived. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed Basil's strange attitude towards the newcomers, but she chose to focus on the girl for now. She shrugged and smiled, a welcoming look on her face and in her tone when she spoke.

"Nope, not really, anyway. Welcome to the Guild! Can I do anything to help you?" she asked, moving the box slightly in her hands to shift its weight a little.

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
Dia stepped forward, surveying the room. Then her eyes rested on the woman who just spoke to her. "What is this place?" she asked quietly, her eyes glinting again.
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve turned her head a bit, pondering on what to answer. "It's just a little place for travellers to rest and relax, and meet each other if they want," she finally said, figuring it was the shortest and best description of the guild she could give.

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
Dia thought abouth what she'd been told. I definately need a place to stay...... she thought. Finally, she said, "How much is it to stay here?"
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote        
Maeve looked to the girl, then back at Basil, then to the girl again. "Well, it depends of what you can do," she said slowly, placing her thoughts in order at the same time. "I generally charge 50 silver per week for a normal room, but since the guild also needs people to take care of various chores, it can be less than that."

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am Reply with quote        
That could work....... Thought Dia. Then she said, "I'll stay for awhile, and I can help with chores." She walked over, and peered into the box box the woman was holding curiousely.
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve nodded, a smile on her face. It was always nice to have more people around the guild. Or at least it made things funnier. She shrugged a little, bringing her attention back on the girl who was looking at the box of ornaments.

"Oh, those are solstice's decorations!" she said cheerfully. "Me and Basil were going to hang them around the guild. Want to help us?" she figured she'd ask.

Diamond Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote        
"Alright." said Dia. Then she looked a bit hesitant. "What's a solstic?" she asked.
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
Basil swallowed, dismissing the finger of dread on his spine. "The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year. The long night is said to thin the veil between this world and the next. It is often celebrated by ceremonies for the dead, or for the gods, or, or i-ice dragons...." Basil stopped suddenly, almost choking on the words. He floundered, trying to gather thoughts scattered by a sense of premonition.
"W-what ought we to call you?" he asked the girl instead, trying hard to cover his odd hesitation. A faint blush colored his normally pale cheeks, but he ignored it, hoping the others wouldn't notice.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next