Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
Mal blinked at the quick response from the person with...wait, were those ice wings? Cool...Mal was horrible at all types of magic. The three times she had attempted to cast a spell, it had literally exploded in her face. It wasn't the pleasantest of her experiences.

"Breakfast?" She repeated, "If you're offering..." her stomach growled loudly, finishing her sentence well enough. She stepped through the door, stuffing the gold in her pockets further down, noticing the glance.

As Mal stepped into the room, she noticed that the young man, Basil, was a good deal shorter than her.

"Basil?" She asked, "I'm Malverne. Mal. Wow...you are really short..." Mal clapped her hand over her mouth, berating herself for just blurting the obvious out. Why couldn't she just keep her mouth shut?

"Sorry," she said, recovering quickly, "I tend to just say things, and I don't mean any offense whatsoever...it just pops out."

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 am Reply with quote        
Basil gave a ghost of a smile as Mal fumbled through her apology. "No offense taken. It is the truth, and that is never offensive to me," Basil calmly told the beanpole standing next to him. "Perhaps you'd like to meet the guild master?" Basil walked into the kitchen on the assumption that Mal would follow.

"Tse'Mara, Maeve, we have a guest."

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve snapped out of whatever reverie she was into when Basil came back into the kitchen, leading the way to someone she had never met before. She took a quick look at the newcomer, trying to judge if she was a threat... Although, if that was the case, Basil probably wouldn't have let her in, right? Right. She shrugged, and made a move forward, reaching her hand in a common greeting sign.

"Welcome to the Guild!" she said, with the same friendly smile she used to welcome all guests. "My name's Maeve, and I'm the guild master," she added for the form, never showing much interest for titles. A small grumbling coming from her stomach reminded her that she still hadn't eaten anything. "Hm, right, why don't you join us," she asked, a small blush appearing over her cheeks. She grabbed a plate, quickly adding some eggs and pancakes over it, and sat down, waiting for the others to take a seat before continuing their conversation.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't mind if I do," Mal muttered, mostly to herself. She pulled up a chair, nodding to the guild master, and the demonic looking person next to her (Tse'Mara, Basil had called her). The smell of pancakes was making her mouth water, so she tucked in, eating the rather large stack of pancakes in less than a minute.

"So," Mal said, swallowing the last of the food on her plate with a comically loud gulp, "What is this place? I mean, I know it says, 'Guild of Midorean Role Players,' but...what do you do? And did I see a chameleon back there? That's really cool. Oh, I'm Mal, by the way." Mal realized that she was rambling. She also realized that she was probably being a tad rude, because it didn't seem that the others at the table were eating as fast as she was. She stopped talking, protecting the other eaters from the onslaught of questions that were constantly pouring out of her mouth.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote        
Maeve grabbed the last piece of egg from her plate, following the other's questions as best as she could. "Pleasure to meet you, Mal. Well, this is a guild... Not sure what the exact definition could be, but basically, this is a place where people gather, share stories, exchange tips and advises, have fun... The usual thing people do," she finished with a shrug, quickly engulfing a pancake before it had a chance to escape.

"As far as what we do, well, everyone is free to do what they want, inside the guild or outside, as long as they are respectful of the other residents of the guild. Generally, people spend their days doing what they love best, and meet here in the evening to talk and stuff." While speaking, the guildmaster was trying to place her thoughts, and mostly trying to find something to keep the guild active. The last months had not been the most pleasant in Midorea's history, and that had had an effect on the general atmosphere.

Finishing her plate, she got up and brought it to the sink, quickly cleaning it and putting it back into its place, before returning to the table and sitting down with the others as they finished their meal. "We've been thinking about making some sort of special activity, since things are starting to pick up once more and everyone seems in a better mood. Although, I'm not sure what it could be." Her last sentence was more for herself than for the others, but realizing she had talked out loud, she shook her head. "Hm, sorry," she said, replacing a loose strand of hair being her ear. "I'm guessing we could do something inside... or maybe..." She caught sight of the nearby window, or more likely of the gorgeous weather outside. "... or maybe we could do something in the gardens..."

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote        
After Maeve trailed off, Basil waited through a few moments of uncomfortable silence before taking it upon himself to continue the conversation.

"The gardens... that's a lovely idea. I don't believe anyone has laid a finger on those plots yet this season. The touch of human hands will do the flowers good. And besides that, the soil is very dry, and could do with some watering."

Basil realized after a moment that he was receiving strange looks from the others, and with a small sigh tried another tack.

"We could have a party on the lawns. The weather is very lovely, and it would be a shame to miss it because we chose to remain indoors."

There. That should be closer to what they would expect to hear, Basil thought. Shouldn't it?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, I might not be on good terms with a lot of people," Mal said, "But I can help set up. If you need anything, y'know, anything small enough, I can grab it for you." Mal looked over at Basil, who seemed to be staring at his plate.

"If you want help with plants as well, I'd be happy to lend a hand." Mal paused, considering her words. "Although, I'm not positive on this, but I have a feeling I would be next to useless with plants and stuff." Yea, Mal had almost no idea as to whether or not she was good with flowers and growing things. She only knew that she was good at stealing, and the rest was sort of guesswork. Still, it could be useful to learn to keep things alive, and maybe (just maybe) she might actually make a friend.

"So yea, just ask if you want help. I'm happy to help."

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote        
Basil looked up from the china pattern he'd been staring glassily at when Mal started to speak. "...If you need anything, y'know, anything small enough, I can grab it for you."

Wait, what? Basil narrowed his eyes slightly. For some reason, despite the silver in her pockets, Basil suspected that the tall girl didn't mean that she would be... buying things. Mal seemed to have something else entirely in mind, and Basil didn't like the implications. But he wasn't the type to confront anyone about their personal choices. He wondered, then, what an appropriate response was in this situation. The gypsy's thoughts were sidetracked, however, when Mal said something about plants.

Plants, Basil thought, will do just fine.

"We would absolutely appreciate any help you could offer us with the gardens. Working with the plants, setting up, there is much to do. But in terms of shopping, none of us-" Basil gestured gracefully at himself and the other two guild members eating breakfast "-has recently had much opportunity to be out of the house, so I don't believe that it will be necessary for you to...grab anything for us, as we'd like to do that ourselves. Though of course, we thank you for making yourself available."

After he finished speaking, Basil gathered his plate and silverware and took them to the sink to wash. The washing went quickly, thanks to the young man's affinity to water, and once finished, Basil turned around and spoke to the room at large.

"If you do not mind, I think I shall retire to my room. I've reading I'd like to finish. Though do let me know, please, if and when you begin making plans for a celebration."

Basil made a small bow, more out of reflex than anything else, and took himself upstairs. He'd spoken more in one morning than he sometimes did in days, and he found it rather taxing. It was more comfortable, Basil reflected, to spend time listening to the music of the flowers and trees and not have to speak at all.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
Basil's sudden departure, and his earlier glance to Mal's pockets probably meant that he had picked up on Mal's...habit. Thievery was one of the only things that Mal knew about her past, and only because her body was so used to doing it, she did it without thinking.

But she'd just gotten a large amount of money. It wasn't like she was going to steal from merchants who couldn't afford losing goods, especially when she didn't need to. Maybe Basil had gotten the wrong impression; Mal would talk to him later.

Oh, hey, that reminded her.

"Maeve, right?" Mal asked. She was horrible with names, "I'm between homes right now. Any chance I could stay here for a while? I can pay, for a little bit anyway. Besides, I'm happy to help around."

This place looked like it could be fun, and more importantly, like Mal could learn. She couldn't remember any skills or facts outside of her name and her thieving, and thieving isn't a wonderful way of life. Maybe she could learn another, more acceptable way of life here.

Also, they have a chameleon that can talk. That's awesome.

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote        
Maeve considered Mal's question for a few seconds before answering. "There's always room for one more person, especially if she's willing to help," she said with a soft smile, thinking about the free rooms as she spoke. They'd need a bit of cleaning, but surely one of them could suit Mal. "I normally ask for 50 silver a week, which covers the renting of one room and the meals." She paused for a moment, waiting for the other to answer.

((Short post is short, just wanted to keep things moving))