Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
As you approach a strange old building in the corner of the Great Gated City, one that reminds you slightly of a inn or one of those taverns in medieval fantasy novels and games, you notice the door is open, and a large board near the entry says: “Welcome to the Guild of Midorean Role-Players!” followed by a smaller mention: "Enter at your own risk."

Curious, you decide to enter and see what’s happening there. Upon entering, you stop and look at your surrounding, getting the strange feeling that the space is bigger than what you could have guessed from outside. You shrug the feeling off and head for the first room to your left, a large living room with many old-style armchairs, two fireplaces, a few low tables place around the room and massive bookshelves against all the free walls. As you walk in, a strange small creature suddenly appear in front of you with a high-pitch scream. You jump back and stare at the small chameleon floating in the air in front of you, who apparently is as stunned as you are. After a few seconds of silence, a large smile appears on the face of the creature, and it starts to speak quickly:

“HI THERE! I don’t remember seeing you around before… Well, anyway, our doors are always open to visitors. My name is Keller, and I am the guardian spirit of this place,” it says, turning around with its arms stretched to show its point. “Well, hm, I guess I should give you a little tour of the guild, to make sure you don’t get lost, or worse… As you can see, this is the main living room. It is where most casual meetings take place, and our guests love to come here to relax in the evening. You have already seen the hall too. The stairs leading to the second and third floor can be found there, although those are mostly full of individual rooms for our guests’ comfort. They also lead to the basement, but… well, we are currently working on the part of the guild, so it would be better if you stay out of it.”

Ending its sentence, Keller move near the right wall of the room from where you entered, in which a large wooden door leads to the next room. You follow as it starts explaining again. “This is our dining room,” it says, floating above a few massive wood tables surrounded by chairs, in a room that you guess could hold at least 50 people comfortably. “It’s mostly used for special events, but as with the rest of the guild, people are free to come and go as they please.”

Floating towards the wall to your right and passing through the next door, Keller pursues its explanations. “And this is our main library, although you could have easily understood that, I assume,” it says looking at you while you take in all the information around you. On all the walls, massive bookcases hold a humongous collection of books that appear to come from all ages and places. In the center, tables similar to those of the dining room, but made for six people, are available for readers, along with the lamps placed on them. In a corner, a few comfortable-looking chairs with a small coffee table in the middle and a large corner window provide a more relax spot to enjoy a good book. A few small shelving units host periodic and newspaper complete the picture.

Once it believes you have had enough time, Keller flies through the next door and into the last room of the first floor, another living room, but smaller and more intimate. “This is normally kept from private meetings, but unless mentioned on the board next to the door, it is free to use for everybody. The kitchen is behind the dining room, I didn’t show it to you since it’s a pretty ordinary kitchen… And that’s pretty much all there is to see. The door to your right brings you back into the entrance hall.” It pauses for a few seconds, before continuing: “Well, I hope you will stick around. I’m sure you’ll soon meet some of our members if you do.” With another smile, the strange chameleon disappears in a poof of smoke, leaving you alone.

So, are you gonna join the guild?

Note: This is role-play taking place inside the Guild of Midorean Role-player. The plot is open, and everyone can join as long as they follow the rules. Out-of-character chat, unless really short, should be posted inside the main guild's thread (linked just above).
Hm, what to say... Oh yeah, I've just brushed the setting lightly, so that people have some idea of where they start, but the guild will mostly develop as the game progresses. For now, just keep in mind that the basement is off-limit since it is being work on. For the rest, you can add rooms if you want, and whatever is inside them too. I'd just ask that you write some description for the new rooms, so that other players understand what they are like and can use them afterwards. I normally go for a medieval-looking setting (everything massive, mostly dark woods with some metal and fabrics for comfort), but you can make your room look like whatever you want.
I think it's all... Have fun! Happy

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
~ Rules ~

1. This is a role-play taking place in the Guild of Midorean Role-Players. It is not an OOC thread or a hangout, and should only be used for role-playing.
  2. This is a semi-literate role-play, so try to keep a good grammar and post at least 3 lines per post.
  3. Anything out-of-character should be posted in between ((double parenthesis)), preferably at the top or bottom of your post.
  4. No godmodding! No all-mighty characters, no auto-hitting, no nothing of that sort.
  5. Profiles are optional, although it is appreciated if you fill one if you're gonna be posting frequently.
  6. I reserve the right to add new rules at any time and without warning.

A first post breaking the rules will get you a friendly warning, any further misbehaving will get you reported to the staff of Midorea.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
~ Profile Skeleton ~

As mentioned in the rules, the profiles are optional for this game. I would prefer if you filled one if you plan to post here frequently, just so people know what your character looks like and all that, but I won't force you. Also, this is just a general layout. Feel free to add more to it if you want.

Once you've finished filling a skeleton, just post it here and I'll add you to the members' list as soon as possible. You can start playing immediately too, no need to wait for my answer.

You can have more than one character if you want, and pets too. I won't put any limit for now, but just try to not make more than you can handle. You can also choose to kill or make one of you character disappear, just PM me before. And no killing of someone else's character.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (your character's name)
[b]Sex:[/b] (your choice)
[b]Age:[/b] (your choice)
[b]Description:[/b] (generally one paragraph for physical, one for mental, and one for anything else you want to add; pictures are welcome but don't replace the written description (meaning you need to do one anyway))
[b]Biography:[/b] (I'd mostly like a little story of how you came to the guild, but you can add more if you want)
[b]Played by:[/b] (your username)

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
~ Members' List ~
(Character's name // Username - Role inside the guild or title (if any))

Atraea // Atraea
Basil Skye // ninjamaos
Dia // Diamond Dragon
Kerraen // killerkitty
Keyla // Keylaleigh
Koyi // KoyiTar
Maeve // Maeve - Owner of the Guild
Malverne (a.k.a Mal) // Malverne
Tse'Mara // Tsemara

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
~ Reserved ~

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
~ Reserved ~

And we are opened!!!

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Maeve

Sex: Female

Description: Maeve usually looks like your typical brown hair / blue eyes girl, although her appearance can change drastically when she feels like it. Inside the guild, she tries to wear casual clothing, mostly a black t-shirt with some black jeans and a pair of black boots, with a sweater when the weather gets colder. Her hair go down a little below her shoulders and are either kept loose or in a ponytail. She can often be seen carrying an old brown leather bag with various items inside it, the most important - or at least the one people see the most often - being a small notebook in which she keeps notes about her travels and discoveries.
Don’t be fool by her simple look though: Maeve is a powerful magician. Well, most of the time anyways. She mostly uses her powers to change her appearance or to teleport herself, which requires a certain period of rest to be fully effective again. She can also pull weapons – and a variety of other things she found during her travel – in and out of hammerspace pretty much as often as she wants, as well as use minor elemental spells. Through travelling, she has also learned a few things about medicinal plants, alchemy and other subjects, but rarely uses those unless she has no other choice.

Biography: Maeve doesn't remember how she ended up in Midorea. Most likely, it was from one of those teleportation spells that turned wrong... Anyway, she arrived here almost 2 years ago and fell in love with this world and the people inhabiting it, never leaving it for long.
After a few months of randomly wandering through Midorea, she decided that it was time to find a home, or at least a place where she could settle down for some time. She had also noticed that some other people were looking for a similar place to live in or just to hang out. Luckily, she found a ruined down building, a old inn maybe, that would be perfect for her and big enough to greet anyone looking for a roof over their head. After some repairs and a little magic, the Guild of Midorean Role-Players opened its doors and never closed them back.
Maeve has been a bit busy lately, having received new responsibilities from the Deities themselves. She however always comes back to the guild and is always present if someone needs help with something.

Played by: Maeve

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whistling distractedly, the brown hair woman walked down the stairs, a large and old-looking book open in her hands. Reaching the floor of the hall, she turned to the right and headed for the living room, her eyes fixed on the text although it seemed like she knew perfectly where she was heading.
She pushed a small table with her right foot as she approached it, pushing closer to an large armchair placed right beside the fireplace. She dropped the book on the table, being careful not to lose her page, and she sat down in the chair, still concentrated on the yellowed pages.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Keyla

Description: Keyla is your generic scantily clad warrior woman, wearing a barely-there top (or sometimes just leaves if the mood strikes her) and a bikini bottom with waist armor. Somehow, though, this lack of clothing keeps her completely protected from most harm. Sometimes, she chooses to wear armored gloves that go all the way up her arms, as well as ankle armor. She has very short black hair, bright blue eyes, and an always-ready smile. Keyla can pull a variety of melee weapons out of an unknown hammerspace, but she mostly keeps a pudao out and ready for any battles that may come her way. Oh yeah... did I mention that she has horns?

Biography: Keyla had been wandering Midorea for a while with no purpose, no reason behind her wanderings. Then she saw it- the run-down tavern that seemed to call out to her. She entered that day many months ago, and hasn't left since.

Played by: Keylaleigh

----------------------------------------------------------

The old wooden doors at the front of the tavern crashed open as Keyla strode in. "Hello everyone!" She shouted as she looked around, realizing that nobody was there. "Oh... that was a tad embarrassing." She chuckled. Keyla walked towards one of the tables and sat down, pulling one of her various short swords and a cloth out of nowhere and started to polish it. As she did this, she looked around at the generally empty building, spotting Maeve.
"So... how are you doing on this fine day?"

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Name: :Koyi
Description: Koyi tends to change appearance quite often. You never really know what shes gona look like from day to day. She has many shapes and forms and likes to change between them often. The only thing that doesn't change is her voice. Her height changes sometimes if she uses her centaur form but more often than not shes usually only 5"6" and weighs roughly 150 pounds. Shes typically very noticible and changes from various forms of Dragons to sayter to enchantis on a whim.

Biography: The moment Koyi Came to Midorea the guild seem to call out to her she has been there ever since venturing out everyonce in a while to go shop the new fashions in order to add to her many different apperances.

Played by: KoyiTar

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Koyi bounced down the stairs from her room. She had been changing yet again. It was one of her favorite things to do she liked to startle people with her daily changes to her apprence it was always fun. "Hey guys Whats up?" She said to Maeve and Keyla as she made it to one of the other tables in the main room of the guild. Sitting down in one of the chairs wondering what else to do now.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Not much." Keyla chuckled. "I was bored, so I decided to come around." She gave her short sword a good look-over, and then replaced it with a warhammer, polishing the head of that. She had more than enough weapons to polish at the moment, and they were all in great need of polishing. She wanted her various sharp and not so sharp things to blind as well as hurt her enemies. If any enemies ever showed up, that is. None ever did. But when they did, she would be ready.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
Koyi almost laughed at Keyla. Every time she saw the girl she was polishing some random weapons of hers. The girl had quite a few. Not that Koyi didn't but she didn't care for them like Keyla did. "How come your always polishing your weapons? Not that much happens around here." Koyi Said flexing her wings. She had decided to be in her earth dragon form today. Tomorrow would be something different yet again as always she loved to change her appearance it always got someone new looking at her not that any of them had a chance with her it was just fun to see there reactions.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, I need SOMETHING to do when there aren't so many people around. And polishing these things is as good as anything." She explained as she replaced the warhammer with a scythe. "And it's always good to be prepared. Just in case something does actually happen. Never good to let your guard down, y'know." She grinned. Keyla enjoyed Koyi's constantly changing fashions. It gave her something to look forward to every day.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote        
Maeve smiled as she listened to the little conversation talking place, finishing reading her page before she lifted her head to look at the two others. Although it was true that weapons were not that useful usually around the guild, something told her that they could come in handy in a near future. As for the dragon look of Koyi, well, it might not be useful by itself, but it was nice.

She shrugged a little to replace her thoughts before she spoke. "Sorry, just wanted to finish reading this before I spoke," she said, pointing at the book in front of her. "And I'm fine, just, well, nah, it's nothing," she said, apparently not wanting to share something with them. There was no need to alert people about it anyway.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
"I don't like the sound of your voice, Maeve." Keyla looked over at her, putting the scythe down on the table. Something about her sounded, well, worried. And if she sounded worried, Keyla got a little worried automatically. She couldn't help it. It just happened. "If there's something wrong, you should tell us. Maybe we can help you." She wasn't exactly sure how helpful Koyi or herself could be, but it was worth trying. Better to try helping than to not help at all.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote        
Maeve pondered for a moment, wondering how good of an idea it was to reveal anything. While she knew she could trust Keyla and Koyi, she didn't want any weird rumor to spread around the guild... although it would probably happen anyway... She shrugged her thoughts away, looking a little annoyed for a second before she regained her usual friendly look.

"Well, uh, you see," she started, trying to place her thoughts as she spoke with visibly no good result. She stopped, took a deep breath and pursued her speech. As she did, she looked around the room, making sure no one else was in the area, before bringing her attention back on the two women. "Well, you might have noticed the planks blocking the way to the basement and the board saying "Area in construction". Well, hm, it's not really under construction, well, not more than usual at least," she said, since the basement of the guild was often in need of some repair because it also housed the training rooms and various other destructive things.

The brunette took another look around the room before she resumed her speech. "A few weeks ago, I noticed... unusual markings, and various other things. I'm not sure where they came from, but I don't know anyone - or anything - inside the guild that could leave similar damages... So I just preferred to put that area off-limit, to make sure no one goes down and gets hurt, and nothing comes up too... And now I'm trying to find whatever might have caused this," she said, pointing at the book in front of her.

((Note: The building was there before Maeve even arrived in Midorea, although it had been abandoned for a long time. She knows most of it, especially the area above ground, but a good part of the basement has never been explored (unless some member has done so by himself and without telling her anything). She also ignores the reason why the building was abandoned in the first place, none of the town's residents having been able to answer her questions about it.))