Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2  Next
monk115

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote        
This is basically a colllege campus that is open to the public. It has tons of space. Over 50 acres with 12 buildings. Each building has a different main focus. There are also soccer and baseball fields along with a basket ball court and a swimming pool. There is also a 20 acre forest behind the theatre. The dean of the campus doesnt live on campus so it doesnt matter if you get too loud unless you are near a class that is running. (Which probably will never actually happen.....the actual college is mostly deserted aside from like 10 students. All in one class held at the top of the 3 story high library.) There are trails all through out the forest. The grounds are suprisingly well kept considering how many people go to school there. There is a huge theatre with a rehersal space and dance room. The cafeteria is on the other side of the campus from the theatre. (I will probably be needing some help with coming up with the rest of the campus. If you have any ideas just private message me.) Enjoy.

You will need a character to play. However i dont care what they are like. Just remember to tell everyone their name so we know who we are talking to. Thanks. I hope you enjoy.
monk115

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote        
Charlie Doctor* Mandle liked to hang out at the college. He normally just sat in the grass or walked around in the college. Sometimes if he was up to it he would swim in the pool. Today however was different. He came here and did something that he almost never did. He stood in the theatre singing his heart out. He was never one to sing or dance but sometimes he just couldnt help himself. These were the times when he really liked living across the street from the college because the theatre still had a working sound system and nobody ever cared if he used it. He had just looked up the words and downloaded the karaoke of Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World by Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole. It was his favorite song. He sang until he couldnt sing anymore. Then he went for his daily walk in the forest.

*Doctor is his nickname. Everybody calls him that.
monk115

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
Doctor finished his normal walk in the woods and decided to go swimming. As usual no one was around and he didnt feel like going across the street to get his bathing suit so he just went swimming in his underwear. It wasnt anything new to him considering almost no one ever was there. He didnt feel like there was anything he should worry about since no one was ever around.
monk115

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
Doctor got out of the pool and saw the janitors cleaning up the parking lot. He remembered the last time they had found him on the property without permission. Therefore he snuck over and put his clothes back on after drying off and went to hide in the woods.
Inamorata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote        
(Aeris Blackbrook, female, 22, English lit student, wears glasses and is usually lost somewhere. Always has books on hand to read in her overly large tote bag.)

Aeris hummed absently under her breath, the toneless random melody weaving itself through the natural sounds of the forest as she thumbed another page over in the large tome on her lap. The thing was so heavy her arms had long since gotten tired and she'd put it to rest there. A little lamp clamped on to the hardback cover gave her a little light, as she read through the pages, skimming through. She'd read this one so many times she didn't really need to fully read it again. With careless, odd movements, she fiddled with a strand of hair, or pushed her black, trendy glasses back up her nose when they slid far enough down to impede her ability to read.

"Ohhh...Run Frodo, RUN!" She giggled happily to herself, as she reached a particularly titilating part of the story, her eyes alight with merriment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:35 am Reply with quote        
(Yay someone finally joined. WOOT)

Doctor hadnt even made it to the woods when he heard someone yell 'Run Frodo run.' He turned to look but saw nobody looking at him. He looked around and saw someone reading a book. It was the first time he had seen anyone else aside from the janitors. He walked over to her. "Hey, were you the one that just yelled at me."
Inamorata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote        
Aeris was lost to the book, and so, it took her quite a while to realize that the 'dialogue' she heard was not, infact, something she'd just read. After rereading the passage over again, she frowned at the book as if it had itself uttered some terrible prophecy. When that didn't work, she looked up and around-

And nearly jumped a mile out of her skin. "Oh! OH, hi! I didn't hear you come up...What? Yell at you?" she looked entirely confused for a moment, as if she were completely unaware of the fact that she'd just yelled 'run frodo run', her soft, high voice a little quavery as if she were recovering from some great excitement. "I don't believe I was yelling at you.. I was reading!" she beamed up at him, gesturing to the enormous, bible-like tome on her lap. At no point did it occure to her to wonder who he was and why he was there.

((lol yup, looked interesting. I'm off to LARP for the weekend though, so I wont be able to post again until sunday night. Hope more people join!))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote        
(( :O Hi guyz!~ This looks fun.))

John walked around aimlessly through the trees , Kicking at the fallen leaves and taking an occassional drag off the "cigarette" (which is really no more than the dirty stub of a broken pencil) clasped in his right hand. For the time being, he was in the mindset of Edwin "Eddie" Smithton, a 5-year-old boy who "lived" nearby. Eddie knew his mother wouldn't like it if she found out he was out in the forest like this, but that's what made it so fun. Eddie sings a song he's made up under his breath and looks curiously around. Suddenly, a butterfly appears, and he bounds after it with a grin and a cry of "BUTTERFYYY!!" Without paying attention, he runs right into Doctor. He looses ballance and topples backwards, landing right on his butt in a pile of dead leaves. He begins to first whimper, and then outright cry. To any onlooker, there should appear to be a scruffy-looking, balding, man in his late 30s-early 40s sitting there crying.

((Meet John Anderson. He's a middle-aged homeless man who frequents the campus. Also, he suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder or DID; otherwise known as multiple personalities. Today, he is a 5-year-old boy. Laugh ))

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
'Hya!' Tara sent a kick to her opponent, who blocked with his hand. She attacked Bryan with a series of movements, one after another, hardly giving him time to breath.

'Class is over!' called the teacher. Tara stopped and panted. After recovering her breath, she looked up, grinning. 'Good game, eh?' she said, grinning.'
Bryan snorted. 'Yeah. For you.' He rubbed his arm. They both went to their respective bathrooms. After a few minutes, they both came out, showered and dressed.

They walked away from Taekwondo class. 'I don't know why the sensei* hasn't given you a black belt yet. You're amazing.'

'Nah. He says I don't concentrate enough. It's because I move, like, instinctively, you know?' Bryan rolled his eyes. 'you're still amazing, though.' Tara smiled.

*sensei: teacher in japanese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote        
Doctor was a little miffed that she didnt yell at him considering the fact that she was the only one he could see around. "But im sure that you were the one who.... OOF" Doctor had just gotten run into by John Anderson. He had seen the man a few times while he was through the forest. He had never approached though.

When John started to cry Doctor looked a little confused. He couldnt beleive a full grown man was crying on the ground because he had bumped into him. "Whats wrong dude. Are you ok?" He hadn't heard the stories that were spread around campus about a homeless man with DID. All he knew was that he didnt want to make anybody upset. That was one of the things he hated. Making others upset.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote        
Tara walked back to the college campus after having said goodbye to Bryan.

She whistled to herself. For no reason at all, she decided to go for a walk in the forest. She tugged at a piece of blonde hair, like she usually did when she had nothing better to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
(( Meet Samantha Rodeiguez, an art student who's a bit of a klepto but then returns the items later, feeling bad about it. If she snatches an item, don't worry, you'll get it back with a little picture note! 8D ((Note:I'll even try to draw these pictures when it happens xD ))

Samantha, or SammyR, as her friends had nicked her sat under a large beech nut tree, sketching and eating a sandwhich. She'd been sketching the landscape for a class project but then had started to do quick sketches of the people she had seen pass by. She'd just been about to pack up when she heard crying. Her eyes glanced over and she saw John, the resident bum wailing.
"Oh crud!" She grabbed up her things quick and ran over. 'He must be having an attack again. She panted after her short run, leaning down near John.
She held piece of candy she kept with her always, handing it to him. "Hey hey John, it's okay! See, you're not hurt." She smiled at him brightly. The harmless bum could be very sweet and innocent with some of his personalities. She looked up at Doctor. "It's okay man, he's got a disorder, he'll be fine in a minute or so probably." She wiped her hand free of graphite as she stood and helped John stand as well before holding out her hand to Doctor.
"My name's Samantha, or SammyR." She smiled brightly at him.

Also, looking to trade gold for MANY things!
Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=7770
Art Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=321656#321656
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote        
"Eddie" stopped crying when the nice lady handed him his candy and smiled brightly. For some reason, she was always calling him "John," but he didn't really mind; she was so nice, after all...and she always had candy. Of course, his mother had always told him not to take candy from strangers, but this lady wasn't really a stranger, she went to school here and he had talked to her a few times, he even knew her name. That had to make it ok to take candy from her.

"Wow...thanks Miss Sammy. It's my favorite!" He proclaimed, shoving the Tootsie Pop into his mouth. "How'd you know?"
Big Grin
Without waiting for a reply, he begins skipping off into the trees once more.

Inamorata

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
Aeris blinked as the man ran into the guy talking to her, and then proceeded to fall over and cry. She'd gotten halfway up when another person - a girl with the tools of an artist of some sort, ran over and tried to soothe him, before introducing herself. Tucking a wayward curl back behind her ear, she shifted to tug her heavy tote bag further up her shoulder, a finger stubbornly held between the pages of her large book.

"Errm...well, I guess you have things here.." she raised a hand, juggling the book, to push her glasses back up her nose. "I'll uh..leave you to it, then." she coughed a little awkwardly and started looking around for another place to escape to - she really wanted to keep reading!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
As John/Eddie scampered away playfully she waved. "Tootsie rolls are only his favorite on Mondays. Tomorrow I think it's cookies."
Inamorata wrote:

"Errm...well, I guess you have things here.." she raised a hand, juggling the book, to push her glasses back up her nose. "I'll uh..leave you to it, then." she coughed a little awkwardly and started looking around for another place to escape to - she really wanted to keep reading!

"Oh I'm sorry! I barely saw you there!" SammyR grinned at Aeris awkwardly. How had she not noticed her? She usually noticed everyone, at least enough to sketch them quickly in her book.
"The ending to that book is great by the way. But I won't say anything, I wouldn't want to ruin it!" She laughs lightly. "Not like the whole Snape killed Dumbledore fiasco from a couple years back. Oh my friend nearly killed me when I accidentally told her!"
Taking another closer look at the girl and the way she pushed up her glasses she grinned widely. "Hey! I think you're in my English Lit class right? Yeah! I've even sketched you!" She quickly whipped out her sketchbook and presented it to her, quickly forgetting about Doctor. Her attention span left something to be desired unless she was sketching or painting.

Also, looking to trade gold for MANY things!
Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=7770
Art Sales Thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=321656#321656