Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, I'm sorry I startled you. And you could have the top bunk, it's really no problem." she said and smiled.

"I'd love some tea." she replied. She used to drink tea regularly in the afternoon with her brother. Infact she hadn't had tea in a long while.

"Should I come with you?" she asked, already walking towards the kitchen. She knew Kayse would say yes, because she never recalled Kayse turning someone down about something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse smiled and nodded. "Sure. Wanna help me make cookies?" she asked eagerly. She loved to bake with a friend and while Ash was still a stranger, she seemed friendly enough.

"I bought them earlier, but I forgot to bake them, what with you running into the tree earlier," she chattered teasingly. "I think I may have bought some black tea, but I believe I just got green. I love tea."

Kayse loved to go to the mall and go to Teavana. It had the godliest tea ever made, imported from all around the world for an actually pretty reasonable price. Sadly, this tea was simple Lipton tea. But maybe...

"Hey, I'm going to go down by the creek that I heard near the house and find some herbs. Lipton tea is so bland. Can you try to get the fire started and boil some water. There's bottled water in the cabinet."

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, cookies. Are they choclate chip? Those are my favorite." she said as her stomache rumbled. There was a pause before Kayse said she wanted to go out in the dark by herself.

Ash almost gasped, "You can't go out their in the middle of the night." she exclaimed in a hushed voice. "It's so dark and you could get raped or something... or mauled by a bear. But, I just think it's a bad idea. Lipton tea is fine really. Also there isn't a full moon out tonight you won't be able to see... trust me, I probably have a bruise or something on my nose for not being able to see the treehouse tree."

She wouldn't want to go out in the dark by herself so naturally she didn't think it would be a good idea for Kayse to either. Anyway she didn't want to be left alone in the treehouse being the only person awake.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
Logan woke up drenched in sweat. All he was able to remember was that he had been trying to run away from Namarah. He had run into a tree and the next thing he knew he was sitting in a bed. I really hope that that was just a dream. He then looked around and realized that it had been a nightmare. He looked for Damien on the bunk bed. He was there, instead he was on the floor looking like an angel. He was so serene in his sleep it wasnt fair.

He then smelt some type of cookies cooking. He stood up and walked into the kitchen. About halfway across he realized that his shirt wasnt on. Come to think of it. Was i even wearing a shirt this entire night? He walked into the kitchen and saw Kayse and Ash. They looked like they were going to make cookies. "Did you guys already make a batch. Or was that just my mind making me go crazy from hunger." He realized that he hadnt eaten much at dinner and that had to have been ages ago. He gave them a quizzical look wondering what had happened since he had fallen asleep.

Inamorata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
Damien frowned in his sleep, his brow creasing as if he were under some sort of stress. He shifted restlessly, turning over and tangling himself in his sheets.

"You'll never amount to anything, you useless sack of piss. You think you're so smart? Give me a break, you're nothing but a burden. God I wish I'd used a goddamned condom. Where the hell did I go wrong with you, you scut." his father's face was livid red and quickly growing to an alarming purple. Spittle flew from his mouth as he shouted obscenities at Damien, who was currently a tiny 5 year old cowering behind the couch. His mother, tears pouring down her face, was cowering near the door with his two younger brothers, her mouth forming the words 'Run! Leave!'. Although she was clearly screaming the words desperately, no sound came out.

His father shifted and his face became grotesque and distorted, like a frightening twisted, nightmare image of Quasimodo. His eyes blazed, and around them the room blasted apart, spilling debris and dirt everywhere. Bodies littered the floor, which cracked and split under his fathers feet. Out of his head protruded a jagged metal shard, the wound around it purple and veined, pulsing as if infected. He knew he could stop this if he removed it, but didn't know how. He was helpless and small under the power of his fathers rage.

As another blast sounded out, deafening him for a moment, the world lurched and he nearly strangled himself with the need to stay quiet. Through out his mind the same thing kept replaying itself: If he just stayed quiet, if he just accepted it, his father would go away and his family would be safe for another day.

But here, in this nightmarish land filled with the dead and an exploding house that seemed to be a mix of battlefield and every house they'd ever lived in, his father never left, and it never ended.

He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't move. He would take it, because he had to. He was strong enough for this, he had to be.

Back in the treehouse, he continued to dream, trapped with his father, his breathing heavy and ragged.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse sighed as Ash started obsessing over the things that could happen to her. "Fine, fine, I won't. Relax, will you?" Kayse turned back to the stove and shoved the wood into the belly of the oven. It lit fairly easy with her Breast Cancer Walk lighter.

Kayse turned and looked at Logan as he came in through the boy's door. "No, we haven't made any yet. And would you please put a shirt on! You're a in the kitchen. That is so unsanitary."

Kayse broke the cookie dough into pieces and placed them on the cookie tray she found. "Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Well, I'll just have to watch them, since there is no heat control." She placed them on the top rack in the oven and set the timer on her IPhone to seventeen minutes, just to be safe.

"So what are you doing up, Logan? Did Damien settle in okay?"

monk115

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
Logan walked back into the other house. He saw Damien squirming in his sleep but he didnt think anything of it. He picked up his shirt and put it on. When he walked back into the other room when Kayse asked him how Damien was doing. "Oh hes doing all right. He squirming a little in his sleep but it doesnt seem to be anything too bad. Hes sleeping on the floor. I think its kinda funny considering how there is a bed ready for him to sleep in. By the way, you happy now." He gestured to his shirt.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Kai kept sleeping, completely unaware of anything that was going on right now. She dreamed of her mother, seeing her smiling face, blurred by the years. She dreamed of her father, who didn't have any time left for her, who ignored her and typed on the computer all day long.

She found herself sitting at a table, with two people sitting at either end. They looked like her mother and father, but had no face. They were whispering things, accusing, accusing Kai of abandoning them. 'I'm sorry,' she said, 'but you abandoned me.' She stood up as water started to fill the room. Kai choked as it reached her nose. She couldn't move her feet. She was stuck. The two no-faced people stayed where they were, perfectly still. 'Heelp!!' she screamed at them before water filled her lungs. But you abandoned us....

'AAAAAAAGH!!!' Dania fell out of the top bunk, landing with a loud thud onto the wooden floor. The was panting heavily, staring around. It took her a few moments to realize that she was awake.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse jumped at the sound coming from the next treehouse. While the distance between the two houses was rather great, the noise could still be heard slightly through the open door.

"What the hell was that?" she said and dashed across the bridge to the girl's room to find Kai on the floor, looking wildly around her and her blonde hair disheveled and bedheaded.

"Kai, are you alright?" she said, kneeling down next to her. She looked scared, not just startled from sleep. Kayse looked up at the top bunk and considered installing some sort of railing to prevent another fall like Kai's. Even without an explanation, it was clear that the loud noise had been Kai tumbling from her bed, during the throes of a flail-inducing nightmare.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
'I can't swim,' said Kai after calming down. She was absolutely terrified of water, and the fact that she had just drowned in her dream didn't help much. Though she couldn't remember much of it.

She untangled herself from the bedsheets and got up. 'Mmm, what's that smell?' she said, sniffing the faint aroma.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote        
Logan heard the thump and watched Kayse go to the other treehouse. "You think we should go over and check it out?" He didnt really care since Kayse had already gone over to check. "I mean we should probably check but what about the cookies?" Logan was very torn between what he should do.Of course i should probably go and check on Damien too. He didnt look that good when i went over to get a shirt on. He pondered about what to do for a while longer.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote        
"What was what?" she asked Kayse. She hadn't been paying attention and didn't hear the thump. Kayse left the room before she could answer Ash though.

She looked towards Logan and shrugged, "I'm staying with the cookies, you can go and see if you want."

Ash yawned. She was beginning to get tired, and she wished everyone would go back to sleep. It was so much more calming without the comotion. It annoyed her that everyone had woken up. Besides Damien that was. She chuckled as she thought to herself 'One point for him.' she would have laughed if he woke up and walked into the room. Then she would have to take the point away. Or maybe she wouldn't mind his presence. He didn't have a huge aura so to speak. If he walked into a room it seemed as if he would go unnoticed. Probably because he tried to be that way. Or that was what she thought anyway.

Ash zoned back in to reality. She crouched down to look at the cookies. They seemed about done. Since the heat from the fire was uncontrolled it caused the cookies to cook faster. She looked around for a mitten to grab the pan out of the oven but couldn't find anything. And she wasn't about to touch that pan with her bare hands.

"KAYSE!! THE COOKIES!" She yelled as loud as she thought she needed too for her voice to be heard a treehouse away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote        
When Ash said that she was going to be taking care of the cookies Logan decided he would try and go back to sleep. "Well im going to bed now so ill see you tomorrow."

He walked over to his treehouse and opened the door. His eyes took a while to adjust enough to the darkness so that he could see where he could go. Once they finally did adjust he walked over to the futon and sat down. He looked over at Damien. He no longer seemed to be having a nightmare. Well thats always a good thing. I wonder what was causing him to thrash like he had earlier. Oh well this isnt the time to be thinking about it. Im way too tired. Good night my lord, let your blessing protect me in this new environment. And with that Logan laid back and pulled the covers up. In almost an instant he was asleep.

Inamorata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
((sorry I haven't been posting as much, busy busy irl. Smile Damien's just going to be sleeping until we pass into day again))

The dream had taken on a new flavour, a new twist. He was no longer the terrified little boy in the constantly explodeing house. Instead he was walking through a forest at night. The shadows around him shifted, undulating unnaturally in the faint, pale light filtering in through the canopy. He was tired, exhausted. Though he knew he should stop and sleep, he didn't know where to go, so he kept walking. He hoped he'd find a place to stop soon. He was lonely, hungry, cold.

Though the forest shifted around him with life, there was no sound but that of the wind ruffling the leaves. No animals stirred, no bugs crooned. He was utterly alone as he made his way winding towards wherever his feet were leading him.

Back in the tree-hut he shared with Logan, he slept on, tangled in the sheets but no-longer distressed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Unable to reply to Kai after Ash's shout, Kayse raced back to the kitchen and saw Ash crouched near the oven. "Oh, shit! I don't know where an oven mit is!" she exclaimed.

Kayse rifled through the cabinets, throwing out canned pears and unopened jars of pickles. "Owch!" she screeched as a container of black olives fell onto her left foot.

"I can't find one!" She looked in at the cookies and noted that the edges were starting to crisp up. "Damn!"

Out of options, Kayse yanked her shirt off her head, uncaring about the other girls. She opened the oven door and, bunching the shirt around her hands to keep it out of the fire, carefully pulled the tray of cookies out.

She sighed and dropped the tray on the counter, hoping that it wouldn't damage the surface. "There. And look, they're perfectly cooked." Due to the intense heat, they had browned and the edges had crisped, but the center was still gooey and soft. Just the way she liked them.

Kayse unbunched her shirt and frowned at the scorch marks. Despite her best efforts to keep it out of the fire, some of it had slipped from her hand and brushed the flames. The red shirt was covered in big black smudges. She shrugged. It looked kind of cool, but she'd still have to wash it. She threw it to the side, leaving her in just a small cream-colored camisole.

"Can someone grab me a bottle of water? I need to put the fire out."

(I know, I know, it's been forever since I posted. I've been BUSY.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next