Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse hoisted herself up into the treehouse and shut the door behind her in a hurry. She panted hard, laying back against the trap door. She jumped as there was a hard pound against her lower back.

"Open up, Cassagey!" Kayse scrambled to lock the door before the school bully, Lucinda, broke into the treehouse. Kayse scampered backwards, whimpering. She pressed her back against the wall, watching as the door vibrated with Cinda's vicious pounds. Finally, after quite a few foul curses, the bully seemed to leave.

Kayse brushed her short auburn hair out of her eyes and looked around at the treehouse. Funny, she'd never seen this here before.

The seventeen-year-old stood up, brushing off her pants and wincing at the tension in her hamstrings. She'd had to run from Cinda, much more than she was used to running.

She looked around again. The walls and floor were made of soft but dark wood, the grain smooth as butter, rather than splintery. The floor was spotted with neon green, purple, and orange fur rugs. There were some framed landscapes on the walls: a flowery meadow, clouds blanketing three mountains, a dolphin leaping out of a teal-blue ocean, silhouetted against the setting sun. Beautiful pictures, really.

Beanbag chairs were piled in one corner, faded dark red, blue, and green.

In the other corner, there was a small table with four chairs around it. On the table was an unlit oil lamp Above the table, mounted against the wall, were three shelves. These shelves had board games, decks of cards, dice, and a couple of plates and cups.

In the third corner, there was an actual bunk bed that looked handmade out of wood that was two shades lighter than the treehouse itself. The comforter was dark blue with a silver phoenix design on it and the sheets and pillows pale grey.

In the last corner, there was a small grey loveseat with big fluffy cushions that matched the beanbag chairs. This faced a little battery-operated TV, sitting on top of a cabinet. On either side of the TV were two battery-operated desk lamps.

The doors of the cabinet were tied together with a rubber band.

Kayse reached out and lightly touched the rubber band, which seemed stretched beyond it's limit. The cabinet creaked once before the band snapped, the doors flying open and all sorts of things tumbling out of the cabinet.

Candy, bottles of soda, magazines, a big bag of batteries, books, DVDs, and notebooks tumbled into Kayse's lap. Her indigo-colored eyes widened and she sifted through the things. She pushed aside a two-liter bottle of Dr. Pepper and a Cosmo magazine, looking into the cabinet. In the back was a Game Cube with a couple of games on top, a mini-laptop, and a portable DVD player.

"Wow," she said. "These people had it made." Most of the food in there was probably expired, but Kayse found a box of animal crackers and a juice box. She sipped on the juice and munched on gorillas and giraffes while she rearranged the things in the cabinet so that everything was nice and in order.

She tossed her empty boxes in the small trash can next to the couch and put her hands on her hips, looking around yet again. Everything in here was old, somewhat faded and dusty. No one had been in here for at least three years.

"Maybe this can be my new home..." Kayse said softly. She looked at the soft chairs, the inviting couch, and the expertly made bed and nodded. "Yeah. This can be my new home."

(Hey! I'm going to use this as a beginning to a story. I won't use anyone's responses but I really like this idea.

Ok, so rules are:

One: Sadly, only five other people can join. That's how many I have decided can fit in the treehouse, which is where everyone will end up.

Two: This is in THIS time period. So I will ask you to have no paranormalities. The most I will accept are maybe people who have small gifts, such as telekinesis or mind-readers. No witches, warlocks, mages, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, demons, angels, none of that kind of stuff. If you are unsure if you are allowed to use your character or not, please message me. As a matter of fact, message me BEFORE you even join or post a reply and tell me about your character.

Three: No fighting or killing. Fighting is okay if it is simple arguing but no actual fist-fights or battles, nothing like that.

Four: The format for this is very strict. Posters must be semi-literate to literate. No text/chat speak (in other words, no abbreviations.) Format in terms of speaking are as follows:

Accepted: "I like your outfit," he said. He sat down on the chair.
Unaccepted: I like your outfit *sits down on the chair*

I would prefer that you keep this as said instead of says (in other words, past instead of present.) It's just a lot easy to read and flows nicer.

Five: All posts must be at least a paragraph, meaning at least three sentences. No one-liners. If you have a one line response, your post is to be ignored until you edit it.

That's it. Just enjoy!)

**Edit: I said that I would be okay with people having small gifts, but I forgot to mention something.

I want this to be a NORMAL roleplay. Completely NORMAL. So if you have a small gift such as telekinesis or telepathy, it cannot in anyway affect the flow of the roleplay. You can mention it every now and again, but it should stay rather irrelevant in the actual roleplay.

I would really prefer that you don't have these gifts, to be honest. But if you feel you must, I obviously can't tell you not to have it.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
(I thought I would post a quick backstory and bio of Kayse.)

Kayse Cassagey

Eyes:A very dark blue, with purple "sparks" (a bit more blue: http://www.myuniquegiftidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lg_sn5658.jpg)
Hair: A bit longer than chin-length, light auburn (this color: http://www.yourhaircolorideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wella-hair-color.jpg) and pretty wavy (like this: http://www.shorthaircutstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bob-hairstyle-1-330x350.jpg)
Skin: Very pale and lightly freckled on her face
Height: Four-eleven (Yea, she's little!)
Weight: 97 lbs (about 44 kilos)

Personality: Kayse is your average girl, really. She doesn't have any close friends in school. She's not popular, she's not unpopular. She gets abnormally good grades. She's smart, and loves to go to the Art Club after school. She's also in choir.

Kayse is quiet, and a little bit shy with strangers, but warms up quickly. She always speaks her opinion and gets herself into trouble sometimes with it. The school bully, Lucinda, loves to try and beat her up.

Kayse is a very strong girl, emotionally, physically, and mentally.

Biography: Kayse's parents died when she was very young, only a year old. For a while she stayed at the local orphanage but she's gone from foster family to foster family ever since she was five years old.

She's about to move to another foster family, despite being nearly eighteen years old when she finds the treehouse. All Kayse wants is to find a home where she won't have to leave...and have a home that she can love.
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
Logan's heart is beating and he thinks to himself "I'm not sure i can keep this up much longer." when all of a sudden he sees a tree with a house looking thing in it. He thinks to himself "What the hell is this. Ive never seen one before."

As he reaches the tree whit the house type thing in it he can hear Namarah screaming at him "Get your skinny ass back here."

He doesn't think but instead just starts climbing up the ladder as fast as he can. When he gets to the little hatch that he hopes leads to the inside he discovers it locked. "Please, if anybody is in there you have to let me in! Namarah is right behind me and I have a feeling that she doesnt want to give me a hug!"
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse heard a boy's voice desperately begging her to open the trap door. She hurried over to the door and began to unlock the...many, many locks. Jesus, it had five! And each lock was very strange and complicated.

She heard another person's voice, cursing and screeching at the boy, and she fumbled with the last lock. Finally, she tore open the door to let the boy in. Once he was inside, she slammed the door shut and slid the simplest lock into place. Once that one was secure she hurriedly locked the rest of them.

Kayse flipped her head up, puffing her hair up as she blew. "You too, huh?" she muttered, eyeing the new boy.
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
Logan looked at the girl that he had never met before and said "Yeah sorry. Why are you up here? Did Namarah chase you up here as well?"

He looks around the room hes in and is suprised at what he finds. As he sees the beanbag chairs he starts to head over to them but suddenly remembers that there is another person already here. "Do you mind if i sit down in a chair for a while?" he asked.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse shook her head no, staring directly into the boy's eyes. (She always did this with everyone. It became a habit to make eye contact with people.) "No. This girl, Lucinda, chased me up here. I think she needs glasses. She seems to think I'm a human punching bag."

She watched as the boy started to go over to the beanbag chairs but pause. She frowned at his question and then laughed a little. "It's not technically my treehouse although, I guess it is now...go ahead, I don't care. I'm Kayse, by the way. Kayse Cassagey."
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Logan smiled back and said "Thanks. What do you mean it isnt your treehouse? And for that matter what the heck is a treehouse?" (he has trouble saying the word treehouse since its new to him) He continues walking over to the beanbags and proceeds to pick up a red one and another one for Kayse. He then brings them to the middle of the room. "Oh by the way my name is Logan Manders. Its a pleasure to meet you."
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse grabbed the dark blue beanbag and hit it a few times to beat off the dust and plopped down in it. Ahhh...so comfy. "Well, I just found it today but it hasn't been occupied in a few years or so, so I claimed it." She stuck her hand out to Logan to shake and smiled, a bit shyly. "Pleasure to meet you."
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
Logan looks at her hand and since he doesnt really like touching other people he just waves at her.

"So how long have you been up here, and how long do you plan to stay up here?" he asked out of sheer randomness.

He continued to look around the room to find other thigs that he could do in the future other than sit on a beanbag chair and talk to Kayse.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse frowned, slightly annoyed at his lack of handshake. "I've only been up here for about a half hour. And as for how long I plan on staying here...well, I was hoping for quite awhile. I'll need to leave for school, but there's only about a week left, I'm not planning on going off to college and my parents left me a lot of money when they died, so I don't have to work." She glanced at the expired food next to the cabinet. "Although I'll definitely have to get groceries."

She saw the way Logan was looking around the room. "You can't stay here," she blurted out before she could stop herself. She didn't know why, but she felt very protective of the treehouse and he just seemed too interested. "I'm sorry, forgive me for that. I speak without thinking sometimes." She flushed, wishing she could shut up sometimes.
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
"Its ok i do the same thing. If i may ask though, why cant i?" he said as he glanced at the girl. He really wished he wouldnt have to go back to school next year. He could already tell it was going to be a bore.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
Kayse looked slightly flustered. "Well, obviously, you're a boy, I'm a girl. That wouldn't be very proper, would it? And also, I hardly know you." She shook her head. "If you did stay here, you'd be sleeping on these beanbags. Or the couch, I think it's actually a futon. A small one."

Kayse sighed. Just when she thought she'd found a quiet place where she could be alone, he had to come barging in.
monk115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
Logan starts to feel like he isnt wanted and starts to stand. Doesnt like the way Kayse is treating him so he heads into the other room. To himself "I could always just sleep on the floor."
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote        
(Um...what other room?? It's just a one room thing. Lol.)
monk115

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote        
(then he walks to the other side of the room duh....use your common sense woman)