Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
tavis harts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote        
Hopefully this is the right forum for this. I saw other pricing threads here. If not sorry ahead of time.

After a bit of a hiatus I came back to midorea to discover an item I desperately want. So I decided to try to save up for it. Sadly battling doesn't seem to be working for me, everything I earn is eaten by trying to heal myself.

As such I am debating opening a temporary art shop, however, I need a bit of guidance on what I should price my art at.

Heres some examples of my art.
Anime: x x x x
Simi-realism: x x x x x x
Furry: x
Animal: x

What do you suggest my pricing should be?
Or would I just be better off with an auction?
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
O_O Those are amazingly beautiful I wouldn't know how to price your work but I would commission you for a couple of pieces if you had the time. They are characters of mine from and rp I am in.

I would be willing to pay about 100 silver apiece or more due to the detail of you work It's absolutely gorgeous.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm... I think I would probably pay at least 500 for any of the four I've looked at so far. And I've seen your art thread (and site xD) too, which is very good. Hmm... maybe in the 500-1000 range? I'm not good with prices... ^^;;

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote        
GAH ACEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee I don't have that kind of silver. *flops* ~was actually thinking it was worth more than she said but was trying to get something cheep as hell for once.~ *slinks away*

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote        
gah, I'm sorry! >.< But... I didn't want her underpricing, because her art is really good. ^^;; I dunno, it might be worth more... If we aren't much help you could always go through some of the shops?

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Gwendlyne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quote        
I personally would pay 10 to 15k for something like this sample of yours. http://tavisharts.kamiki.net/original/iceswingcdemo.jpg

Of course I have alot of excess siver and nothing to do with it so yeah....
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quote        
I think a lot of her art is probably worth that much, but for most people that really is too expensive. Dx I really want to go with 5k now that I've looked through her site again... (Don't kill me, Koyi! >.<)

Edit: Not that you'd really need to do much more if you got payed 15k. For curiosity's sake, what item is it that you want?

tavis harts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:02 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm glad you all like my art.

@ weaseldale

I want the satyr legs.
My RP character and namesake, tavis harts, is a satyr ( http://tavisharts.kamiki.net/original/webpages/fairycatcher.htm )

I'm kicking myself for missing it when it came out. 6.6
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote        
Ohh, that one. If I had an extra, I'd sell it to you. >.<

Make sure you say in your shop that you're looking for it~
Of course, I bet you could buy it off someone in the Market with art, depending on who it is... xD

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote        
I'd say around 1k for a full-body character only (a bit more or less depending of the details if you want). And up to 5k with a background/ added stuff. Just to give you an idea, a relic costs around 2k in the marketplace for the month it's available.

You could price it higher, and I certainly think some of your work are worth more than that, but I doubt you would get much orders, considering how things are going here. Wink

tavis harts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I might have to debate my prices a bit.

@maeve
I take it less people have been coming here? I know its slow but I was hoping it wasn't getting worst.

@weasledale
Thanks for the tip.
I will see about putting what I am after in my shop.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
Not really, we seem to have more active people, but events always have that effect. And then they end... <.<'
Although, the art market has always been slow here, which is why I'm suggesting pricing your art a bit lower than you would in a very crowded place. I mean, your goal here will most likely be to get customers, and not to limit their number by having high prices. And if a lot of people starts to come around, you can always increase your prices.
It's not so bad anyway, since the recent past ARIs like the Faunus shouldn't cost much more than their original price, most likely between 2 and 3k, so you don't necessarily need a fortune to get them. Well, as long as you can find a seller, but hopefully that won't be too hard either... Wink