Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
sychobunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
OK, so we’ll start with last week. I left for a conference, and was there until Tuesday. I wasn’t able to get online to check email and stuff until then, where I needed to email a paper for a class. And then right after I get an email that the faculty of the art department is going over my head as president of art club, and canceling our bus tour due to lack of people signing up (seriously, we’re talking about students… they don’t sign up until the day before), my internet receptor stops working. I can’t do anything because this conference is about 6 hours from my school where people who can do something about my laptop are, along with all of the people I need to talk to, and I don’t have their contact information.
Art Club meeting tonight, where I get to discuss what happened. I’m mad at my treasurer at the moment and I’m tired of being prez where no one but my secretary does their job. And blah, blah, blah, that is a whole different topic.
My paper doesn’t get submitted because I couldn’t email it. Though it’s an art class and they’re pretty lenient, so I hope its cool… or I get a minor late deduction.
I don’t really have time to work on homework the rest of the week because of family, and Friday, my computer stops turning on, and at that point, I’m on the East Coast, and I live in the Midwest, where my school is. I can’t get it checked. I don’t get back until late Sunday, too late to go into tech support. This morning after trying twice, I let it just keep on going to see if it will restart at all. It does. So despite waking up early, I don’t need to go into tech support. I get to campus early, and remember that there were two papers due in my first class. I was thinking they were due Wed, but no, a classmate confirmed it. And I was checking my email, and I got an email from a classmate that had notes in another class for the day that I missed the week before, and it mentioned no homework so we could hand in good papers. I was thinking that we were having an exam, and the papers were due Wed as well. >.< I caught my first prof before class, and asked for an extension, saying I could submit it tomorrow. He gave me until Wed. And then before my next class, I went to my other professor’s office (my first three classes of the day are in the same building). She didn’t have office hours until after my second class (luckly I have a break then as well). And I go to my second class and notice that its snowing. Again. Which is where I started writing this.
Snow is why I got home so late last night, and its cold, and just is making things unpleasant, and me fall because of the ice this morning.
But I ended up catching the second prof, and good news. She’s willing to extend it to wed. Which is good. Except now I have two papers, and an exam wed. T_T
Last week sucked, This week is looking bad. And then its finals, where I have two exams one day. Two exams, and some sort of final the next day. And then Another exam the third day.
And other final projects and stuff and … it keeps going- erm “snowballing” if you will.

<.< I admit fault to some of this… but at least half of it is Morton Karma: “When it rains, it pours”

So discuss: everything going wrong, and just keep going wrong.
Finals/ Projects/ extensions (I’ve never had to ask for extensions on papers, so this is a new experience for me-5th year senior in college)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
You're just really beginning to feel the pressures of your life. The teachers were lenient with you because it seems you’re a good student, so that’s good news right there. Just calm down and take things one step at a time. This will be a stressful week but only you can make it bearable. By the sounds of it, things could be A LOT worse.

Sit down with a cup of coffee/hot chocolate/*insert warm beverage here* and your work and it will take some of the stress off. ^^ Remember to take breaks when you need them too. I hope things turn out well.

sychobunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
XD Hot chocolate it was while I was writing that.
<.< Oddly, I'm usually good with deadlines. This is really a freak thing. And thats what my career is going to be- a series of deadlines, and I have had more stressful weeks, and yes it could be a lot worse, but this is looking like a bad trend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote        
D: I want some. With cookies.

And what career is that, if you don't mind my asking?

Eh, everyone has them. Those horrible, can't-get-out-alive stressful weeks that just makes you want to drive your car off a cliff. It looks like it was all merely a case of one bad thing leading to another, until it got so bad that everything just blew up in your face. Once this week gets out of the way I'm sure things will slow down and you'll get back on track. The delicate scale that you sit on was just tipped and you'll have to let it even itself back out.

I think I'm going to hop off here though. I got home from school half an hour ago and I'm exhausted so I'm taking a nap. I hope you feel better! ^_^ And good luck with getting those things in on time. You seem to be organized enough to do so.

sychobunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote        
All papers have been completed and submitted! ^.^ Now all thats left is study for four exams, and have a complete portfolio, website, and materials set done.
<.< at lest its not writing papers?

I'm going into graphic design.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
Well that's good. ^^

Ooh, interesting. I'm going back to my ILP to see my other options rather than merely psychology and social sciences, and I've seriously considered web/graphic design when I go to college. Good luck with that.

sychobunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
I was considering anthropology and science when I went to colledge... graphic design was a side thing. :S How things change...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds kind of like my situation, where as I haven't been able to check in on my online class for a few weeks and all of a sudden I had a paper due LAST week... Man, bad internet could really screw someone over...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote        
@Sycho: Tell me about it. :/

@Neo: Oh, you take online classes? I hear that those are terribly expensive.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
They're pretty much the same price at my college, but I take a few online, but mostly on-campus classes.