Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Summer Roleplay '10!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote        

We'll be honest with you: No one knows what's going on. Rumors of a giant fireball circling the globe are filling Midorea, but very few claimed to have seen it for themselves. Concerned for the safety of the planet, the Deities have sent two Lower Deities – Chu and Maeve – to investigate Midorea and protect anyone in need. Join in, and try to help us figure out what's going on.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote        
Settings
Oh, boy. Are you in for a treat. During this roleplay, the setting will drastically change from time to time. Stay informed, and check back here whenever the title changes.

Great Gated City
The central hub of all of Midorea. This is where most of the commotion lies, and where the most people gather to try to understand the happenings of the world. Currently, everyone is gathered here, waiting for more information to pop up, but it feels like we're all just waiting for something big to happen. No, it feels like it’s already happening…

Xing Huo
The normally boisterous community is, well, still boisterous, but currently for different reasons. Everyone is up in arms at the strange wedding cancelation; accusations are flying left and right. It may be hard, but try to avoid the occasional brawl here and there - you have to forgive everyone, they're just confused.

Where's Chu?
Chu is currently in the Great Gated City, socializing. Well, that's what she calls it.

Where's Maeve?
Maeve is in Xing Huo, waiting for some Sake.

Chu
Assistant Admin

Need to Know
This roleplay will be very different than the others. Stay on your toes, and pay close attention.

Rules
-Follow Midorea’s rules.
-Mules are not allowed. If you share a computer with someone, please inform me.
-You may only have one character.
-Literacy doesn’t matter in this roleplay, but it’s polite and advised to be at least semi-literate.
-OOC sentences must be in brackets or the like, but aren’t allowed if you’re not roleplaying in the same post.
-Don’t post until your profile is accepted.
-Please report all rule breaking posts to Chu or Maeve.
-Respect everyone, and listen to the moderators and administrators.
-Give it a shot, even if you don't think that you're that good.
-Fill out the skeleton and send it to Chu or Maeve via private message. Please put “Summer Event ’10 Profile” in the title.

Profile Skeleton
Username: Your Midorean username.
Character name: Your character’s name.
Sex: Your character’s sex.
Bio: A short background story of your character.
Image/Description: Please provide a url; NOT a picture.
Other: Any other information goes here.
Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Bio:
Image/Description:
Other:

Chu
Assistant Admin

Prizes
Yep, new system. This time, we'll be doing a tiers amongst tiers system. It will go accordingly:

Easy Tier - Page Prizes
First on multiples of 5 - 5pts
Last on multiples of 5 - 10pts
Second on multiples of 10 - 15pts
Second to last on multiples of 10 - 20pts
In the event that Maeve or Chu gets any of these prizes, it will go to the next user eligible.

Medium Tier - Activeness
Two consecutive days - 5pts
Four consecutive days - 10pts
Five consecutive days - 15pts
Seven consecutive days - 20pts
You must speak with either Chu or Maeve in the roleplay in order for it to count. The conversation doesn't have to be long - there just has to be some sort of interaction between their character and yours. (You may switch between the two and it'll still count.) Points will restart in the event that you reach seven days.

Hard Tier - Interaction
Give food - 5pts
Bribe with Bag of Silver - 10pts
Play with - 15pts
Beat in battle - 20pts
On occasion, Chu and Maeve will have additional characters in their posts written in bold text. The characters will have useful information, so interact with them! Do what they ask, and you'll get points. You cannot determine what they ask you for. Chu and Maeve are each limited at 5 characters per week, respectively.

Chu's Raffle
Same process as usual. Everyone is entered by default. Items up for grabs:

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote        
Profiles
Lower Deities wrote:

Username: Chu
Character Name: Chu
Sex: Female
Bio: She's been a Midorean nomad for as long as she can remember. Chu doesn't have a family as far as she knows, but she's discerned from comments on her strange appearance that the tribe that she was born to was very spiritual. Because of that alone, she has no intention of ever returning, much less searching for them. Chu is content with simply taking care of herself and traveling where she's needed.
She's certainly no humanitarian though - she's a fighter, hard to the core. Pleasantries and formalities annoy her, and she does best when she's either alone or in control of those around her. Despite this, for reasons that she isn't sure of, she was made into a Lower Deity.
Image/Description: http://midorea.com/images/avatar/12.png
Other: Going strictly on my Midorean avatar/character info.

Username: Maeve
Character Name: Maeve
Bio: Maeve was born into a small tribe of nomads. She spent most of her youth travelling around Midorea with her family, getting to know the different tribes, their members and their customs.
When she was old enough, she left her clan to travel on her own. She spent most of her time alone and learned to take care of herself, relying at first on her knowledge alone, but soon understanding that her instinct was the best guide.
After some time, she was chosen to become a lower deity. She accepted, and she now spends most of her time travelling wherever she feels she is needed and helping those in need.
Image/Description: Picture's here!
Maeve is generally friendly and tries to respect everyone. However, she doesn't appreciate stupid people and can be a bit harsh with them. Most of the time though, she will simply ignore those people. She is a potent fighter, although she won't use her skills on other people unless they have attacked her first or someone else is in danger. She also knows some magical tricks. She loves learning about other cultures and various things and enjoys sweets.
Other: Have fun! Big Grin

Midoreans wrote:
Username: Keylaleigh
Character Name: Keyla
Bio: Keyla was born in a far-off land, and has been traveling Midorea for a few months now. She is a warrior-for-hire, taking almost any job for a decent reward. She loves good food, good friends, and a good story to pass the time, but once she's on a job, she's all business.
Image/Description: Click here
Other: Her wings are purely decoration. They cannot be used to fly.
Party: Chu

Username: DrunkenShark
Character Name: Mach
Bio: Coming from one of those tribes which relate to jaguars, Mach was the youngest of her family and grew being the only girl amongst numerous unruly brothers and cousins. In her desire to be accepted by the boys older than her, she followed for years the same studies, fighting lessons, the same tracking, hunting and survival classes, beating them in agility and cockiness when the others bested her in physical strength. At the age of 16, while the youngest of her brothers left the family house to find work, Mach decided not only to do so as well instead of living alone with her parents, but to, in addition leave the tribe to find work elsewhere and start to be independent once for all.
Her travels lead her to a town near the Great Gated City where she found work as a bounty hunter for the local authorities. She worked there for 4 years, going for the young not experimented but fearless girl to a quite able “hunter” still trying with passion to improve and be taken more seriously. Lately, she was informed one of the petty thieves she was hunting was sighted in the Great Gated City. Immediately, she moved to the area for her new “job”, carrying with her the eccentric jewelries and ominous looking body armor she liked to wear so much, not expecting to find a very different problem on place
Image/Description: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8586/avatarmido.jpg (yeah, I know, I used Mido’s items to create her, but I wanted to make my character look like a Midorean for once <_<’’)
Other: I’ll try being there as often as I can, and still hoping I’m not screwing up too much the language *o*

Username: Squid
Character Name: Squid
Sex: No one has ever cared to check.
Bio: Squid is the resident super ultra friendly tentacle'd creature of Midorea. Squid's tentacles often seem to have a mind of their own, moving about of their own free will. The tentacles, as well, are quite dextrous and Squid's arms and hands are almost never used, instead, the tentacles doing any work.
Image/Description: Mirror, mirror~
Other: Man, that image took way too long to create xD
Party: Maeve

Username: Silverstar2
Character Name: Silverstar
Sex: Male
Bio: Is a winter deer that has left his homelands and has meet afew intering beings. He went the festiable to find out about a wedding. Now he has set off to see this wedding. He is style shy and quite around those he doesn't know and is still learning much about the world around him. He was chased out of his homelands by his heard for making friends with the ice dragons that hunt them down. He still doesn't trust a lot of people or other begins unless they have four legs like him then he more open to talk.
Image/Description: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverStar/Silverstar2deerform.png
Other: He hopes to find his friend: Ubroso here and also try to gain some skill improvement on the weapon he carries. He also gain a compaion Gryffion name: Sparks. He also have to keep track of the young Gyffion since it likes to wonder off and explore also bring back kills to him. He will be most likely chasing after his young charge until it gets older.

Username: Applejuice81
Character Name: AJ
Bio: Shy, quiet, keeps to herself. Likes to be cloaked in a cloud of mystery. Does not trust so easily anymore. She does know how to take care of herself mainly because she has been on her own for years. The only thing that is know about her is that she is an artist and her magic. Her magic is tried to her emotions so her magic gets out of control. Its usually when she is beyond mad. Most of the time she is in control.
Image/Description: http://www.paperdemon.com/art/view/23890
Other: She seems to be on the run but not really. Yes she is being followed. She does know who is following but not why. She knows that there will be a battle and she is moving along trying to find a place that is abandoned or that is barren land. And also her magic is also tied to the moon. So in a full moon or a very emotional state her magic is at most powerful and can be uncontrollable. She is getting a handle in the magic.

Username: Gladde
Character Name: Gladde
Bio: Gladde was raised in the forests nearest to the Great Gated City. There she lived with her family and tribe, the most famous of Druids. At the age of eight she showed a talent for making plants grow in the oddest of places; places where plants do not normally or specifically grow. Along with five other children, she was taught by a prestigious woman of the tribe and as her skills began to become more advanced, she found that she was capable of new things. She learned all that she could, but eventually she became restless and wanted to experience the world. At the age of 20, Gladde decided to go out and explore. She took her favorite instrument and a dagger to protect herself with.
Image/Description: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/mellianna/479-1.png
Other: Because she lives close to where the Great Gated City is, she is going there first. Gladde has never been away from home and has little experience with the big cities.

Username: Gaigi
Character Name: Kairen
Sex: Male
Bio: For pretty much all of the time he's existed, Kairen's been doing more or less the same thing: travelling around the countryside on his own, going wherever the wind takes him, and making money by playing music on the street. Even though some people might find this a rather wretched life, he loves it to pieces and wouldn't give it up if you paid him. He never knew his family, and doesn't exactly know what tribe or species or whatever he's supposed to be; he's never cared enough to really try and find out. Eventually his wanderings led him to the Great Gated City, and just in time for some kind of catastrophe involving a wedding. How fun!
Image/Description: http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj46/Gaigi_12/ChibiDemon.jpg
Other: Forgive me for being unable to come up with a more Midorean character, I'm still getting used to this and can't even begin to figure out how to get a fitting picture or whatnot. >_>;;

Username: Urboros
Character name: Rhee
Sex: female
Bio: Rhee is a wander she has found the lands here pleasant, during the summer she travels down from the cold icy mountains to trade away her wares for other good. She loves festivals, and above all excitement.
Image/Description: http://midorea.com/images/avatar/avatar.php?id=418
Other: Rhee is eager to meet silver once again; mr.meow will not be at this event Flick the fae dragon will be at the event.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote        
Open! I'll be gone for most of the day, so please send your profiles to Maeve for now unless you don't mind waiting to roleplay!

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote        
Keyla strode into the Great Gated City, Pudao slung over her shoulder. It was nice to be back after that stint with the Pirate Monkees on the coast she was asked to clean up. As she glanced around the square, she walked and sat herself down on a bench.

It was pretty empty at the moment, but then again, it was early in the morning. Keyla had always fancied herself an early bird and was used to the morning's inactivity. So she figured it was good to just sit and wait for others to show up on the streets.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote        
Ruuuh... Ruuhhh...

Maeve jumped up as something touched her arms, startling the poor pigeon who flied away as quickly as he could. The woman took a minute to regain her spirits, stretching her arms and looking around her to figure out where she was. Once again, she was on a roof... Bad habit, she thought with a shrug. Her weapons were resting at her side, a long bow and a quiver full of arrows, as well as her trusty leather bag. The weather was nice, not too warm for the season. The sun was shining, and a light breeze was pushing fluffy clouds around the sky. The streets were not too crowded. She shook her head once more, grabbed her items and started to look for a way to get down.

After a minute or two, she found a safety ladder on the side of the building. She placed the bow over her shoulder and started to climb down, hoping nobody would noticed her. It would be kind of hard to explain how she had arrived there. Fortunately, the ladder gave into a small alley between two buildings, and no one was around. She jumped to the ground when she was close enough, then she walked out of the alley and into a small street leading to the square.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote        
Chu yawned as she walked through the Great Gated City, her coiled kusarigama clanging against her waist as she took each step. She wasn't feeling particularly social today, but obligation compelled her to approach Maeve and discuss what they had come here for.

"Hey." She said simply, blocking the woman's path and standing against a building. "You heard anything lately?"

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote        
Maeve stopped and looked at the girl blocking her path. She wouldn't have appreciate the gesture normally, but coming from someone she knew, it was less of a problem. She waved in answer to the other's salutation, and took a moment to think of an answer. "Nothing really interesting. A wedding in the dragon tribes, that apparently has been postponed..."

She paused, trying to see if she had forgot anything. Her mind wasn't fully awaken yet, but she didn't remember hearing of any problem or situation that would interest the other. She leaned against the wall of the nearby building and looked at Chu. "And you? Seen anything interesting?" she asked with a casual tone.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote        
"'Bout the same." Chu replied. She stared at the sky, half expecting something to reveal itself. "And that stupid fireball rumor of course. What do you think about it?" She glanced back at Maeve and smirked. "Seems like some end-of-the world bullshit."

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote        
"I don't know," Maeve said with a small smile, looking at the sky. "It's probably just some natural phenomenon, small meteorites, or thunderstorms maybe. I heard those could cause fireballs to appear." She paused and looked back at Chu. "I can't say for sure until I see it with my own eyes... Although... I have a weird feeling about this." Her expression became more serious as she said the last part of her sentence.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote        
"Huh, natural phenomenon, eh?" Chu mused over the possibility for a moment. After a moment, she stood from the wall and stretched her arms. "That seems plausible, I guess. I wanna experience it before I jump to conclusions though." Biting her lip, she refrained from commenting on Maeve's last sentence. She thought it best to leave the debates for private matters, so, shrugging, Chu began walking away. "I guess we still have some research to do. I guess... Tell me if you see or hear anything, alright?"

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve nodded, not paying too much attention to Chu's expression. "Fine. Do the same for me," she answered, getting off the wall and stretching before she resumed her walk. Fireballs were not a common happening, at least to her knowledge, and it made her curious to learn more about those rumors. However, the investigation would wait a little. For now, she was starving and needed to get some food.

As she turned a corner, the wonderful smell of cinnamon rolls came to her nose. She stopped and looked around, trying to figure out where the scent was coming from, her stomach giving a small roar. She noticed a small bakery just to houses down the street, and in no time she had reached it and gotten herself a dozen of rolls in a nicely decorated cardboard box and a water bottle. It was a bit much for one person, but she figured she could always share them, or keep them for later.

With her package under her arms, she headed down the street to a small, almost empty square, and sat down on a bench. She placed the box and bottle beside her, opening both and grabbing one of the rolls. She started to eat, looking at the people passing around and the various things that caught her attention. It was nice to be back in this city.

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote        
    (For the record, when you straight copied my profile, the code didn't go through. So, this is for you ;;

Code:
    [url=http://i35.tinypic.com/28srceu.jpg]Mirror, mirror~[/url]

You can just pop that in and everything will be good n_n)

Summer was the absolute least favorite season of Squid. It was always entirely too hot. And while a nice warm nap in the sun was always very pleasant, and a relaxing swim in the sun-heated lake or pond was heaven, the thought of becoming dinner for everyone was horrifying. Baked Squid did not sound delicious to Squid.

Despite the fact that it was still rather early in the morning, and the sun hadn't reached its peak, Squid could feel the temperature rising. Collapsed under a bench, tentacles drooping and curling uselessly on the ground, Squid looked positively melted, trying to hide in the weak shade.

The only sign of life coming from the creature was the slight clicking that it made with its beak, as someone sat down on the same bench Squid hid under. Someone smelling remarkably like cinnamon rolls.