Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Summer Roleplay '10!
SilverStar2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
Silver sighs hangs his head a bit holding Sparks like a baby human in his arms before slowly getting up. He didn't like this woman tower over him, it made him felt small and little. Getting onto all fours he was standing again and felt a little bit more comfortable about talking towards this woman.

"No, and no. I was chase out of my homelands from friending the lower rank Ice Dragon Tribe, memeber none of the higher ups. As for knowing anything else, no. I only know what I know, and if I don't know it, I ask what I need to know and learn to know," he said softly towards this woman.

"But still how do you know of my name? Only my old herd and my friends know of my name," he said looking at her in the eye.

He felt Sparks move about before letting him leap out of his arm and watch him prance about before watching him attack his sash in playful manner. Silver chuckle watching his sash fall off and get wrap around Sparks who was happy to play with it.

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote        
'Stubborn, are we?' She thought, relaxing her posture once more. Chu crossed her arms and gave the deer a long, hard look before responding. "I know your name because I've been interviewing people all throughout the Great Gated City. A group was talking about how strange it is for an arctic creature such as yourself was attending the Lotus Festival, meant to be a celebration between the four main dragon tribes and humans." She took a breath before continuing her berate, now more offensively. "Now, by no means is that wrong, but wouldn't you admit that it's a tad strange for a creature such as yourself to be wandering around outside of their natural habitat? I certainly do, especially with the recent disappearance of the princess of the very tribe that got you into trouble with your own. You don't hold any qualms against the Ice Dragons for not defending you when your tribe turned against you? For not at least providing you help for a problem that they caused? I know that I certainly would. You'd have to be a very pure creature to not hold any grudges of that variety."

After a brief silence, Chu bit her lip and sighed. She went too far, and any information that she got out of him now would be useless. She attacked a suspect, so of course he'd respond defensively. She crouched down and balanced on the balls of her feet, staring at the ground as one hand drew symbols in the dirt. Keeping her voice low, she continued speaking.

"At the very least," she began, "you should care about Eimara, right? Aren't you worried about her? Where she is, or what happened? Or you resent me that much based on a harsh first impression... To the extent that you have no intentions of helping the princess?"

[[I love you, Silver! DX Don't let my bitchy character make you think otherwise, haha.]]

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
Silver sighs a bit then rolls his eyes before moving his arms cross his chest area again. His ears lowers a bit towards the side of his face making him more sorrow in experssion.

"In the start yes I hated how my own clan didn't see that saving a life of another no matter what begin need to be saved. I was at first a bit hestiant to admit that I was angry at the Ice Dragon Tribe thinking it was their fault I was chased out of my home. Then I made the relization it was my own tribe fault for been so closed minded and stubborn in their ways. They couldn't let go of the past and years of hate to see that they have change their ways and we should ours. But the tradition is held firm by the elders of our people," he said soflty with his ears going down more.

"I was amazed at the city that I came across with all the people and the dragons. I was surpise in how friendly and nice they where to me and open. It made me realize even more that my own kind is more closed off in it own world of self hate for the dragon kind. It made my mind clear and more open that yes, the dragons can be bad and also good."

He felt Sparks claw at him a bit then smiles at him a bit, "In a little bit Sparks, I must talk to this woman first," he said to Sparks as if he was his own son.

"Yes shameful as I was I did try to seek shelter from the one I saved their child from, they did hide me for awhile. I however felt guilty that their own food source was been destory by my clan to get back at me. So I left, of course they beg me not to go but I did so they could live," he said moving a bit away from her.

He felt the wind push at his face making his hair blow in the wind, ears still down cast with sorrow in his voice

"I feel sorry for the Princess going missing, and that things are happen when this is suppost to be a happy moment. I feel sorry for the groom that his bride is gone and yet nothing has been done to find her. In a sense I feel like I should help and yet at the same time I feel like if I enter fear something wrong and bad could happen," he said before turning to face this woman.

"Understand this I did hate those in the begin but been amoung others had made me more open and more forgiven of past sins. In a since I can think that I as a winter creature should help them but yet i know that they have their pride and deginty also hanor. I know the Ice Dragon Tribe would welcome it, but as for the Fire Dragon Tribe, I don't want to dishonor them at all, for that I shall wait and see what happens," he said gazing at this woman that has talk to him in a rude manner.

"In this whole conversation I have yet to ask for your name? If I may have it Madam? I was raise to be proper to address one by one name, and I would feel a bit out of place calling you Madam or Miss all the time." He said with a small smile on his face.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
((ooc: don't mind me, just moving closer Laugh ))

Since she had not much success finding Intel about the bounty that brought her here in the first place, Mach decided it would be best for her to keep on moving. However, she could not help but think of what this Chu person had told her before flying away –and she thought those wings were only a fashionable accessory! This whole dragon story, wedding of dragon people she only vaguely knew by name as her hometown was kind of cut off from the big city. And the fact some inhabits of the Great Gated City seemed worried in a way –yes, worried, now she could tell what looked wrong with them.

Lost in her thoughts while she was walking calmly in the large streets of the city, passed a road where many vendors had stands and were trying to sell her fabric and cheap jewelry, she came to notice another small public space that seemed just as populated as the one she left minutes ago. However, a glimpse of indigo caught her attention and she immediately recognize the stranger she met earlier someplace else.

*What the… I thought she had to leave, I had no idea she had in mind to simply wander somewhere else…*

Mach started to think until she noticed Chu was quite busy talking to a centaur-like creature with its animal features resembling more of a deer than a horse and a small furry animal with them.

*Oh, attending to a meeting then, that’s why she just dumped me there… Guess I’ll leave her to it, look around a little and see what those two are up to. I can’t believe she succeed to get me into those mysterious dragon stories after all; I got a work to do, but I can’t just forget about that fireball business*

Mach frowned while thinking so, slowly making her way closer; yet she would then start to circle pass both of them several meters away so Chu would not notice her right away unless she intentionally look Mach’s way. When the jaguar woman was done, she reached a small group of beings and noncommittally walked closer, hoping their presence would hide her from Chu’s sight. With the corner of her yellow eyes, Mach took in the presence of a strange creature with many tentacles hanging around a young woman armed with a bow.

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
Chu gave the creature a sour look. After all of that, he still kept up with politeness? "Chu." She left the pleasantries at that, quickly returning to the topic at hand. Standing, she began to speak again, hoping that she would be less long-winded this time around.

"I see that you have nothing to hide, and you don't seem to have anymore information." After a hesitant pause, she continued. "I came off strongly... That was my fault... Er..." Apologies don't just mesh with Chu, and she certainly didn't have any intent of apologizing, that's for sure. She just felt... awkward. "That's it. Thanks for the information, and, uh... Good luck with your... travels." She left the conversation at that, giving Silver and the Gryphon one last look - was that a look of apology? - before approaching Maeve.

"Yo, the deer thing didn't give me much information." She mumbled as she passed the girl, stopping a few feet away. This time when she spoke, Chu made her voice clear enough for all around her to hear.

"If anyone is interested in attending a search party for Princess Eimara and Prince Jin, talk to this lady over here." The blue girl announced, pointing to Maeve. "Or myself, I guess." She glared into the crowd until the jaguar woman from before caught her attention. Losing focus, Chu's serious face was soon lost in bewilderment. After a moment though, she regained her thoughts and looked back at Maeve. "Hey, just so you know, we're not going with that naturey, follow your heart crap like before, okay? I stuck with it long enough to end up with no leads and days behind schedule. We're doing things my way now."

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote        
"Yes, well you where doing what you thought was right. After all I'm an oddity in it self so are you Chu."

He watch Chu join her friend on the bench. The look he gave her was all he need to forgive her for her sudden clam and also out burst but she said next made him a bit uneased. Silver sighs before making an angry face deer thing?! He snort a bit more before sighing in fustation. He wasn't a thing, yes he was a deer of some sort but a THING?! To him that was what humans would call a hit below the belt! He wasn't a thing, he was a male winter deer and he didn't like been called a thing at all!!

"Owww, okay, okay Sparks, what do you want," he said looking at the Gryffion that made a few noises.

Silver sighs of course he baby would want food, he was thankful that he did somewhat have a pouch on him to carry food. He didn't have meat that his baby would want but some left over treats would do. He kneels down and offer them to his young. He felt the beck and tounge lap at his hand eatting the food happily. The rub of fur into his body made him calm down a bit. He heard what Chu said then sighs to himself. He felt like he had to help the Ice Dragon Tribe find their Princess. After all it was his duty as a winter creature himself to help out. He picks up Sparks before deposting him onto his backside. The sash was place around him again before going back towards the group.

"I agree with Chu, we who attend the Lotos Festable and attain a invation must do something. We are honor guest to attend this wedding and as such I feel like, we should help them. I what way I don't know but I feel like it is my duty as I, SilverStar, the son of the Herd of the Twilight Winter Clans. I must help those of the Ice Tribe to regain what is lost, for those that don't feel like it. Stay and enjoy yourself, I however will go with Chu and help her find the missing Princess to bring back some of the happyness that was stolen from the Fire Dragon Tribe," he said in a confident tone. He also spoke lound and clearly for the group to hear him.

Part of himself was screaming at him to stop, and the other half was proud of him. He had to do this to repair those few Ice Dragons the kindess that they shown him as he made his escape from his herd into these strange lands. He sighs a bit before slowly making his way a bit back towards the group.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote        
Talk about a great place to « hide » and observe subtly this Chu woman: the spiritual one walked toward her and for a moment Mach thought she had already been spotted in the crowd. She pretended to look away as if she had not noticed Chu coming, but Mach was a little relieved when she realised the winged one rather stopped by the lady with a bow she noticed earlier.

But of course things were not that easy: when the black jaguar lady heard Chu’s voice calling out loud, she could not keep herself to look at her with curiosity, wondering what the blue lady had on her mind at this point. Search party? Princess Eimara and Prince Jin missing? Something came back to her as she vaguely recalled hearing about a wedding between those two, something she did not really care about at the time since it was only a political matter.

*Strange fireballs that have something to do with two missing royal dragons?! What is this all about, ‘makes no sense!... But one thing is sure: if I want to know what is going on here and why is everyone worried about all this, I must stick with this so called search party and try learning as much as I can. Bounties can ait a little more anyway*

Mach thought; but suddenly realised Chu looking straight at her, looking somewhat surprised. The young Bounty Hunter gulped, having the feeling she did a very bad mistake by sneaking on a group to try to spy on the Nomad, wondering how the blue one could possibly take in their second surprise meeting. It’s not like Mach was committing a crime, but following –or at least giving the feeling she did follow- suspicious fighters was never a good idea, even more if you get caught.

Chu seemed to get over the surprise and said something to the lady with a bow Mach could not hear in the distance even with her feline hearing. So what, if the jaguar one wanted to be a part of the search party, she had to go and face Chu as if nothing happened? She could not do it in another way though…

*Aw, damn it… I’m going anyway; if crap has to happen to me because of it, the it shall be*

Sighing at her sudden decision, she finally stepped forward and walked proudly to the three strangers before her, looking at them with an intense look while announcing:

“My name is Mach; ‘usually Bounty hunter, but I guess I can take a day off for the sake of the royalty… You can count me in”

She smiled a little awkwardly, realising maybe she overdid it. She gave a look at the white deer, wondering what this one was like: after all they might have to work togheter...

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote        
Maeve looked at Chu, surprised by the other's sudden decision, and mostly by her last sentences. Not that it was unusual: they both had very different method when it came to investigating. She normally didn't mind much, as long as it got them somewhere, but this was an important case. Gathering enough facts and evidences would take days - as always - and they didn't have time for that. What if the princess was in danger? Or if the fireballs had something to do with it, and become worst because of the wait?

She shrugged, putting her thoughts back in order and letting the two others finish their speech before she talked. "Hm, and what are you suggesting we follow, then?" she asked, her tone a bit harsher than she wanted. Chu's talk must had annoyed her more then she thought. From what she knew, they didn't have any strong indication of where to go anyway, so she was curious to see where Chu wanted to take them.

Gaigi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote        
The sound of music drifted through the air as a small boy wandered down the streets of the Great Gated City, paying no attention to the buildings around him as he played a little reed flute. In fact, he barely seemed to be paying attention to anything at all, not even the tune he was playing as he walked, only glancing over people and things he passed without interest... that is, until he caught sight of a particular little group.

Though he continued playing his instrument, Kairen stopped in his tracks and tilted his head to one side as he regarded the people that had attracted his attention; first looking at the strange tentacled person, then the deer-man, and all the others one at a time. He'd seen some strange things in his travels, but these guys were a very odd mixture if he'd ever seen one. Maybe he'd investigate... but just maybe. A few of them looked a bit annoyed, and the last thing he wanted was to get mixed up in a fight between people like this.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote        
Chu didn't notice Silver's annoyance at her comment. For one, she thought that she said it lowly enough for him not to hear. She also didn't mean any harm by the comment - she just genuinely didn't know what to call him, and was too lazy to verbalize the mouth-full of his species. It was only when he spoke up that she paid him any mind beyond the interrogation, in which she grinned. "You sure you can handle it?" She asked jokingly. "But... I gotta say you've got heart, and you know the arctic pretty well, am I right? You're in." She was about to approach him when another voice chimed in.

"Ah, I thought I remembered you." Chu stated, taking a good look at Mach. "You seem capable, and a bounty hunter would be able to take care of themselves fine in the wilderness. I can't guarantee that you'll live though."

Chu almost overlooked Maeve, but barely caught the tone in her voice. "Well, I met someone the other day. He said that he'd be willing to give me information, if I looked capable." She seemed more irritated at remembering the incident than Maeve's tone. "Apparently "one tiny woman" isn't worthy of whatever wonderful knowledge he has to offer. If I bring him a decent-looking group, he'll spill it." She gave the woman a pointed look, anticipating her suspicion. "And I trust someone's information much more than I trust the power of the spirits. It's the only lead I've got, so I'm taking it."

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote        
"And what if he knows nothing? Or at least nothing more then what we already have?" Maeve answered, a doubtful look on her face, but containing her irritation better this time. "I prefer following my instinct than wasting time with some clueless weirdo," she added, wondering what kind of person could resist to Chu anyway.

She knew arguing with Chu would probably be pointless. Although they could normally agree on a common ground, it didn't seem possible right now. Chu seemed decided to follow her lead, if it could be call like that, and Maeve just preferred sticking to her usual way of doing things. Right now, she felt the Fire Dragons were the most likely to have information, thus getting to Xing Huo as soon as possible seemed like the better plan. She pondered a little before stating her thoughts.

"I prefer getting a way to get to the Fire Dragons' land as quickly as possible. I got the feeling those people will know more information than whoever you met around here." She shrugged. It was useless to spend energy trying to convince Chu, and the other probably felt the same about her, so she just said the obvious. "Maybe we'd be better following different path for once. We can always regroup later and share whatever information we found. Anybody wants to accompany me?" she added for the rest of the group, who had been quiet for a while.

Squid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
    Squid had been blinking stupidly between the two - Maeve and Chu - and sometimes Silver as the exchange went on. It honestly had very little idea about what was going on.

Talk of clues, and splitting up to do investigations...

''Are you lot detectives?'' Squid asked suddenly.

One tentacle had decided that it was bored of all of this, and snuck in to the box of cinnamon rolls, pulling apart a bit and scooting it towards Sparks.

(I do want to apologise for my semi-absence. Work and babysitting do not help RPing.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote        
Silver ears drops a bit towards the side with a frown on his face.

"To be honest I haven't been home a long time and the land will seem to be forn to me. And how do you know Chu if this person will tell you what you need to know? What if it a trap of some sort, unkown dangers are not the best of kind for a large group," he said softly.

His eyes watch Sparks jump off his back towards Squid, he watch the little gyrffion pay attention to Squid to see what she was doing and the other half had is nose up in the air sniff at the treat. He couldn't help but smile at these kind action towards his little compaion.

"But I do know some trails and land marks in the winter area that will lead us to my old Clan, which if they catch me. Promise me a quick and painful death and use my fur as a remind to the young of what happens to those that betray the Clan," he said in a bit of a fearful tone.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
A little taken aback by all this, Mach listened carefully to the ongoing conversations, at moment feeling as puzzled as the tentacle creature seemed to be. At its comment and the way it moved her several arms, the jaguar woman looked at it sympathetically and shrugged to show she was not quite sure herself.

Now what was it all about, splitting up, going to the wilderness with Chu to get some info from an even more suspicious stranger while others would go to the Fire Dragon village? Great, okay, they were looking for two dragons after all, but Chu and the other seemed to have it all already planned or so, as if they were put in charge of the investigation by who knows who.

As she was getting to wonder about this particular “who” what the one called Silverstar said caught her attention.

“He is kind of right, you know: this could be a trap. But at least now we are aware of this possibility…” Mach addressed Chu with a thoughtful expression “Plus maybe we can count on the fact your contact do not expect you to come back with allies able to defend themselves pretty well; this could be on our favour, we got the number on our side.”

“As for your clan, if you’re as good with trails as you say, there is always a way to try and predict the moves or your clan so we can avoid your angry angry people… Heck, you can even try to covert up your smell and make yourself impossible to recognize, what I say is that this could work…”

Mach kept on, enthusiast now that she could think of a way to settle this, already dreaming of the adventure she could live in the wilderness and the thought of danger making her heart beat faster. She always liked the adrenalin that rushed to her when facing those quest-like perilous missions.

“Well, if my advice means anything and if you don’t mind me speaking my mind as well… after all I am the one who decided to join you for free”

She added with a cocky smirk.

Gaigi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
Now silent, Kairen blinked as he watched the group continue to talk about something that seemed rather serious. He couldn't quite make out every detail of what they were saying, but from what he could hear it sounded like something about clans, danger, investigations, and traps. How cool! Even though he wasn't a big fan of violence and deadly missions, the mystery of the discussion was enough to draw the small boy closer to the group, creeping along quietly and making his way forward until he was crouched behind the bench the people were gathered around.

Trails, traitors, and organization seemed to be the topics of the moment, but Kairen was soon distracted from his eavesdropping by the distinctive smell of cinnamon; and his attention was immediately locked on a box of treats. Ooh, cinnamon rolls...
"You gonna eat all those?" he suddenly asked no one in particular, eyes still on the rolls as he leaned on the back of the bench.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next