Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Summer Roleplay '10!
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote        
Mach’s hand slipped to the hilt of the short but sturdy sword that hanged at her hips when the young woman she addressed to suddenly seemed about to pounce on her; however, when she realized it was mostly because she startled the blue-skinned stranger, the feline woman let go of her weapon, with an inner sheepish smile.

*Woah, this was close… But this one is obviously not a simple citizen: she clearly knows how to defend herself, I gotta be more careful next time I wake someone up*

The bounty hunter thought; acting as if she did not notice the stranger looking around as if she was lost and wondering if she should laugh with the stranger or not when she did so.

“Oh you don’t mind? Perfect, ‘wanted to take a breather for a little while now…”

Mach replied, still in her « friendly » mode as she was sitting down and carefully observing the other on the corner of her eyes. Since the other was already back to a quite relaxed stance, the jaguar woman assumed with a pike of disappointment that she would get nothing from the odd warrior.
But as she was considering leaving, she was surprised to hear the other ask her about her origin.

“Me? Well, I’m from a small village you probably never heard about, Iqui province, out in the mountains, near a small portion of jungle-like forest… But now I live not too far away from the Gated City itself yet far enough to make this trip my first ever here” Mach answered while shrugging right before asking back with an amused smirk: “And now I’m am being curious: you’re from around here or is it simply we don’t find my kind too often out of our rocky spot?”

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
'So in other words: Useless to my search.' Chu thought solemnly. She glanced up at the person from her slouched position with a fangy smirk. "Heh, this city is really boring in that respect." She said lowly, watching the crowd again. "Just about everyone's human here - it's pretty rare to see strange creatures like you and I. And... I don't really know where I'm from. I've been a nomad for so long that I don't remember anything about my origin, but apparently I'm from some... spiritual tribe." She waved her hand dismissively in the air. "But that's not important."

Even though she knew that this person couldn't help her at all, Chu couldn't help but to ask, "Hey, have you seen anything odd lately? Humanoid dragons, fireballs, maybe?"

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
Nomad? Yes, the jaguar woman had met a few of them in the past, when she was younger; it made her envious of their relative freedom, how they could spend their live traveling through Midorea endlessly.

Spiritual tribe? That was something she never heard about before but was somewhat relieved the stranger’s tone told more of disinterest than some sort of spiritual zealousness. She was herself not too hot about anything mystical-related even if it was an important part of her tribe’s culture. Mach nodded, lost in her thoughts for a short moment:

“’Guess I’m used to stand out of the crowd, I didn’t notice there were so many of them until you mentioned it…” she drawled noncommittally.

However, the question that followed kind of surprised Mach: wasn’t she supposed to be the one investigating the area? Yet the nature of the question intrigued her as she thought more of it.

“Big orbs of fire… We all thought they were meteorites of some kind… ‘Told ol’Techlan at the tavern that those things moved too oddly to be that sort of phenomena…” Mach thought out loud, frowning as she remembered seeing one of those strange fireballs along with many people from the small town she left not too long ago.

“But why humanoid dragons, you think this is somehow related? I only heard rumors of some commotion amongst those big scaly guys, wedding or alliance I think... but nothing on some demented dragon fireworks fight…”
Mach added, studying with a renewed interest the blue nomad.

This person was more strange than she thought, or maybe was she after someone as well; maybe the spiritual being was investigating just as Mach was... Talk about a coincidence!

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote        
Once she was sure Squid was alright, Maeve turned her attention to the newcomer, a strange deer centaur. She was pretty sure she had seen him before, but then again, her memory often played tricks on her. She shrugged. "Ah, anyway, why don't we all sit down to chat? I still have some cinnamon rolls if you'd like," she said, pointing at her bag on the bench, the sweets' box showing at by the unclosed top.

She hadn't had much time to chat since her arrival in the city and figured some of the people could gave her interesting information about what was going on in the world... and maybe about that fireball too. She wanted to go explore this case as quickly as possible, but a small lead would have been nice to start with.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote        
Chu sighed, irritation evident in her features. "I don't know much..." She admitted, resting her chin in her palm and elbow on her knee. "Some of my sources indicate a connection between Eimara Hielo and Jin Huo and those fireballs occasionally found falling from the sky. I know that Jin is a humanoid Fire Dragon, but I've never heard of those creatures turning into fireballs." Her eyes widened as she imagined such a transformation. "And if that is the case, I wonder what it means for Jin... and for the world."

She bashfully glanced up at the woman. "I guess I'm ranting now though... My bad. And at any rate, multiple fireballs are being found all over the world. That couldn't possibly be one person." With a growl, she began massaging her temples. "This type of thing just perplexes me to no end. No explanation, no leads... I'm coming to dead end after dead end. I want to do my job, but I don't know what else to do."

After a moment of sitting in silence, Chu suddenly stood. "I need to go." She gave a small smile. "I'm Chu, by the way. I may need you in the future, so keep me in mind." With that, she reattached her kusarigama to her waist and flew off, hoping to find Maeve quickly. Not taking action was killing her. She needed to get moving.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
Well, so this dark blue woman really wanted to know more about the odd subject she brought to the discussion, way more than Mach did at the moment. Yet the little info she possessed was more than what the jaguar lady could have gathered on the new problem: Mach let it all sink in, frowning as she was pounding on all this.

Yet before she could say anything else, the odder suddenly stood up, announcing she had to go a mentioning her name. Then she just leaved, surrounded by a thick mystery Mach could not see through.

*Chu then… Man, are all the people here so strange?*

On this thought, Mach glanced around and took a better look at her surrounding and the people in the public place.

*Yeah, I guess they are…*

She noted to herself as she noticed various creatures standing around a particular bench.

(ooc: lol, Shark ish now on standby Happy )

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote        
Silver sighs in relief then nods his head towards Squid.

"Yes I will make sure of that, he such a little rascal since he a baby."

He then tickles Sparks underside making it make it own cry of happyness and watch Sparks nom on his fingure a bit before making content noise of happyness. Silver nose twitches at the new smell at the strange box.

"Cinnamon? What is that Madam," he ask before settling himself onto the ground.

He let Sparks onto the ground who just decide that Squid was a new toy but he gather the baby into his arm and scolded him. "NO Sparks, no. Not a toy. Here play with this," he said as he had takes his blue neck piece off.

He watch Sparks eyes light up as the claws wrap around it and naws on it also making happy noise as well to play with also chew on something fun. Silver sighs a bit before given a sorry look towards Squid.

"Sorry about that Squid, he almost got you, anyway what is cinnamon? And how can it be a roll? Oh sorry forgive me, my name is Silverstar," he said polite towards the group with a smile on his face.

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote        
    Squid's tentacles lifted its body up on the bench, hopefully out of reach of the small creature, not relaxing, even after it began to gnaw on the neck piece given to it by Silver.

''Cinnamon is a spice'' Squid explained from its perch on top of the bench. ''And the roll... well, it's a roll. Like a pastry, a biscuit.''

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote        
Scanning the ground below, Chu continued flying. It would be easier to spot anyone suspicious with an aerial perspective, after all. Finally, just as her wings were beginning to tire out, she spotted the deer centaur that she heard about from locals before. Grinning, she made a sudden landing and grabbed the creature's shoulder.

"Hey," she demanded, fastening her hand on her kusarigama in case he decided to fight back, "are you Silverstar?"

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote        
"My name's Maeve, please to meet you," Maeve said with a soft smile. She went to her bag and took the box of sweets, revealing the pastry inside and handing it to Silverstar. "Here, take one. It will be easier to understand," she said with a smile. Although, before any of them could do anything, Chu appeared from nowhere and grabbed the deer centaur, apparently ready to fight. Not that it was that unusual...

Maeve lifted an eyebrow, wondering what the poor creature could have done. She remembered some people saying he must have come from the North, but nothing really important... unless he had some information about the fireballs? Was that why Chu was after him? Nevertheless, she decided to wait and see what his answer would be. Getting in Chu's way didn't seem like a good idea at the moment, even if she didn't appreciate the harsh entrance the other had made.

applejuice81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
AJ had seen the odd phenomenon as she was making her way through the area and decided to see what was going on. Finally reaching the city, she notices abit chaos among the people. Walking through she hears bits and pieces about a wedding being postponed, Eimara having disappeared and Jin looking for her. After here that she remembers about the wedding set for the time from the past event she was at. Looking around she sees some are trying to figure out what is happening and others completely lost. She continues to walk around hoping to find more information.

Opinions Please - My story idea with character issues.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, Maeve." Chu paused for a moment, taking the time to think about what she had just done. She reluctantly removed her hand from the centaur's shoulder, but kept an eye on him and a hand on her weapon. "I didn't notice you..." Even though she very well should have.

Carefully walking over to the other, she whispered, "He may be a suspect, and I can't afford to let him go." Stealing a glance at the deer, she sighed. "By the way, we need to speed things up; y'know, search for Eimara. I think that we could get a search party together here." Before the woman could respond, Chu approached the deer again with a wink to the Lower Deity. "Think about it." She called, focusing her attention on who she hoped was Silverstar again.

"Come with me, please?" She asked with new-found manners. Seeing her co-worker reminded Chu that her lack or formality didn't always help.

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
((You make me laugh, Chu Big Grin))

Maeve was about to ask what kind of suspect the deer could be, considering there was no evidence of crime... yet. However, she refrained from doing it and went on to her second interrogation. "Hm, and where should this search party investigate?"

Getting people together for a search party wasn't that hard normally, especially with reward in sight - imagine what the dragon tribes would do for someone who help them found the missing princess -, but she thought it would be easier to recruit people if they knew where they were going. That, and somehow she got a weird vibe...

She shrugged and put the box of sweets on the bench, grabbing her bag and closing it to put it on her shoulder, then grabbing her bow in her hand, ready to move at any time.

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
Silver fur went straight up when he felt the hand land on his shoulder then looks up at the person speaking to him. He had fear in his eyes before making a few sounds. He heard a low growl from Sparks and watch the tail lash about behind him. He scoops up the young kitten into his arm and cuddles him.

"Shhh there, there baby it okay. Daddy fine Sparks, it okay. Yes I'm Silverstar, what how do you know my name," he ask with a question look.

He felt the Spark squirm in his arm before rocking the little gryffion kitten back and forth like a baby. He smiles watching Sparks calm down before going back to play with his necklace to chew on.

"As you can see Madam, I don't know if I should go with you or not. Something about you has, well if you the state of my fur. You have ruffle my fur the wrong way." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

He didn't know who this woman was or what she wanted from him. What did he do wrong? Sure he was ban from his winter lands from friending the ice dragon that was it. Other than that he can't think of anything else he has done wrong. He watch Sparks play happily with the trinkit in his jaws. Hand runs down the small fur creature backside who rubs into his hand purring.

"I also have my little baby to take care of , he will want food soon. Which means I must hunt for it. He will only take hunted food from me instead of bought meat," he said with low sigh.

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
With a low sigh, Chu slouched closer to Silver and murmured. "I just need to ask you some questions. You're aware of Princess Eimara Hielo's disappearance, correct? You're the closest thing I've got to the Ice Dragon Tribe, and I need to ask you about them."

She glanced down at the centaur with a scrunched up face. She never did like for dangerous animals to be tamed, much less babied. Ignoring that peeve for the moment, she stood straight and looked Silver in the eyes with honesty. "I may rub you the wrong way, but your answers could help Maeve and I in our search for Eimara. I can go hunting with you, if you'd like." Crossing her arms, she looked toward the sky. "I'm fairly decent at it myself, and y'see, I won't be leaving you alone until I get some answers, one way or another. The sooner you comply, the sooner I leave."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next