Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Summer Roleplay '10!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
[[Sorry! D: Fixed.]]

Chu quite enjoyed the summer time, and despite her dark skin and clothing, she never really got too hot. The only issues that she really faced were that her skin got far too dry in the head, so she often had to seek refuge in or near a lake. For now, though, she was comfortably warm and loving every second of it. She knew that she had a job to do, but she was far too peaceful at the moment to care. Taking a seat on a nearby bench, she relaxed and smiled. "Great weather..." She commented quietly, closing her eyes and listening to the chatter around her. If Maeve asked, she was sneakily listening in for any leads.

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quote        
Silverstar had made his way from place to place, now he was in the area of the suppost to be wedding. He looks around the area with a sigh as his tail twitch a bit behind him. The sound of his hooves amoung two legger feet where an odd sound and made him stand out. He felt the claws of his sleeping pet on his back side. Stopping with a smile he looks back at the sleeping gryffion and reach behind him to touch the little one a bit before trying to find something to eat for himself and his pet.

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
((Get off my bench Squid!))

Maeve took a bite of her cinnamon roll, then a sip of water, as she listened to what was going on around. Not much, she thought distractedly, finishing her breakfast. She closed the box and placed it in her bag, above all the other things she was carrying in it. She suddenly noticed a small clicking sound, and it apparently came from somewhere close. She closed her eyes for a second, like she would do in the woods to concentrate on a specific sound.

After a second or two, the answer resonated in her mind. Under you... She jumped up and looked at the bench, or more likely at the melted form laying under it. A... familiar form. The woman shrugged and smiled. "Hey there Squid," she said, kneeling down to look at the strange humanoid creature. "You're alright?" she added, wondering why the other was hiding in such a peculiar spot.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote        
Keyla watched and listened to everything that was happening around her. Squids, cinnamon rolls.... fire in the sky? A wedding? This was all new news for the warrior. She had been away for much too long. She saw somebody sitting on a bench and... talking to... something? There were some strange people out there, and most of the time Keyla gave them no second look. This one, well, she was different.

Keyla walked over. "Excuse me, ma'am... but what exactly are you talking..." as she got a closer look, Keyla jumped, getting into a battle stance. "OH GODS! WHAT IS THAT THING?"

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote        
    Squid's eyes blinked open, though the glare from the sun made it difficult to focus right away. After a few seconds, Squid finally recognized Maeve. ''Oh, hallo! Good morning.'' Each syllable was accompanied by a click from the beak.

Though actual expressions were difficult for Squid - not having lips really limited someone - it's eyes were extrodinarly expressive. A smile had flashed through them at the recognition of Maeve, although they turned slightly darker when Maeve asked if Squid was alright. ''No. It's awful. It's so hot, and it's only getting hotter. It's utterly miserable, and there is yet weeks left of summer!''

Tentacles lifted and stretched, one curling around the edge of the bench, with another pushing against the ground. Slowly, Squid began to push itself out from underneath the bench, but was stopped by a shrieking voice. Squid squawked and clicked its beak irritably. ''That's not very polite.''

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
Unable to do much else, Keyla put her pudao away. "Err... I'm sorry." She stammered. She had never seen anything quite like this before, and wasn't sure what to call it. "...you just talked to me." She bliked, staring at the squid-creature.

This morning was getting stranger and stranger by the minute. First this deluge of new news, then a talking squid-being. "Am I still asleep?" Keyla thought to herself as she continued staring. A pinch later, she decided that she was quite awake.

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
    ''Well, of course I talked to you. Even with such a rude comment and no introduction yet, I don't really have a reason not to...'' Squid finished crawling out from under the bench, stretching its tentacles up and out.

There was a moment of silence from the odd creature, eyeballs roving over Keyla. Finally, one of the tentacles extended her way, in what was clearly meant to be a handtentacle-shake. ''My name is Squid.''

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote        
"I...I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude, Squid. My name's Keyla." She took the Tentacle and shook. "I'm new to these parts, and your kind is... well, for lack of a better term, unusual to me." She smiled sheepishly. She really didn't mean to be rude. It's just that... well, most of the time when she saw a tentacled thing, it was destroying a village and had to be destroyed. Never had one been so polite.

She still had a lot to learn about this land, she knew, and maybe this summer would be the time that she would finally get around to doing more than beating things up.

Squid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
    Again Squid's eyes lit up with the best smile it could manage. It gave a firm shake to Keyla's hand, the tentacles lining the underside of the tentacle pulsating slightly against the other's palm.

''Oh, well, it's alright. To be quite honest, most people react similarly when they first meet me. You'd think everyone would be more open minded to different people!''

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
Silver heard a small sound coming form a human and decide to check it out for himself. He steps careful towards the small gathering the notice something with lots of wiggle arms and things along with a beak on it face. He raise a brow then smiles at them, then felt Spark move about on his backside. The little brown gryffion jumps off his back and pounces on the squid! Silver face goes a bit pale then grabs up the little small kit into his arms and bows.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm soo sorry about Sparks pouncing on you!! Please forgive him, he just a baby." Silver stated in a panic tone hoping the Squid creature will forgive him.

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Gladde

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Gladde made her way through the entrance Great Gated City. It certainly lived up to it name. As she passed by the giant doors, her eyes widened in wonder. In the forest, it was the trees that stood so tall and powerful. She never imagined that it was possible for such massive things to be built from hand.

She swallowed a little bit, suddenly feeling smaller and more nervous than she had in a long time. She made it into the inside of the city, where the large street seemed to be leading her to the center of it all. Surprisingly, it was not as crowded as she was expecting it to be. She had always heard from her elders, the master Druids, that cities were filled to the brim with people and not worth the hassle of entering.

There was a good number of people though, out and about. One particular group made her pause. Gladde could not help but stare at the bizarre creature a short distance away from here. It was pink and instead of legs it had long, shapeless arms...and there were several of them. It had just been bounced on by a type of hybrid bird and the owner was frantically apologizing.

Gladde's mouth was rather unhinged in curiosity and shock. It was her first sighting of outside species.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quote        
Keyla did her best to stifle her laughter. The fact that the squid-thing was being pounced on was horrible, but still rather amusing. As long as Squid wasn't hurt. Taking a deep breath, she managed to keep any peals of laughter from being vocalized.

"Are you alright, Squid?" She asked it.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 am Reply with quote        
It sure was an impressive city, this Great Gated one. Striking architecture, huge buildings and most of the streets she crossed were surprisingly large and clean, swarming with people from any specie. There was so much to see and even if Mach visited a few big cities before, they were never quite as big as this one. Here her neck was about to get sore so much she turned her head from one side to the others as she was trying to see everything she could in this glorious metropolis. The jaguar woman could not help but grin at every wonder she would discover, noting the location of any good spot to investigate for her “mission”.

Something struck her however: in some neighborhood she visited that day, many locals were acting strangely, meeting in small circles and discussing in faint but serious whispers or simply exchanging a few words without even stopping by each other to chat more thoroughly. Mach could not help but wonder if this subtle disturbance was caused by her sight or not… After all, she sure was sporting an “interesting” haircut and she was wearing a menacing looking body armor, her jewels jangling on the metal of the black armor plates making it hard to miss. –A noise she liked, although when seriously hunting, she would remove or attach them to avoid making any sound-

*Now now… ‘Better find some quiet public place to try and gather info on any local scoundrel gathering. The people there are probably unaware of anything going on in the “underground” society, but they can always point me out the most dangerous neighborhood in town. Then it is only a matter of time before finding the right people to talk to…*

Mach thought as she was making her way in a small place filled with a few benches. Her yellow eyes were scanning the small crowd, looking for the best candidate for an innocent interrogation. It was only a matter of approaching the person –because lonely people were easier to get closer to- slowly and never getting in a hurry to the specific questions she wanted to ask. It was way more useful and subtle to simply try and start a quiet conversation and ride with the subjects, gathering a few hints there and then, than trying to disguise her questioning into an anodyne chat.

She noticed a young woman sitting alone on her bench, eyes closed and a relaxed stance even though she did not seemed quite ordinary in a way Mach could not figure out. Still the jaguar lady knew she had to try talking to this lonely person with blue skin, and she had the right “motive” to do so.

“Hey! Terribly sorry to disturb there –you looked so well just sitting under the sun, something we don’t see too often in such a big city… Anyway: do you mind if I take just a little part of this bench to sit down?” Mach asked when she reached the stranger, sporting a slight friendly smirk.

“I mean: I can’t find any other place to sit, all the other benches are taken” She then explained, being about right: most of the closest benches were taken anyway.

((OOC: hey Chu, Hope you don't mind me joining in :3 ))

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote        
    Well, how was that for a turn of events? Here Squid was, minding its own business and having a nice conversation with Keyla, and out of nowhere there were wings and claws and fur and feathers...

Squid squawked once again, its arms actually raising to try to defend itself, along with a few tentacles. When the gryffion was collected once again from the owner, Squid took a shaky breath and glanced at Keyla, nodding.

''I'm fine, yes.'' Squids hands once again dropped uselessly to its sides, one of its tentacles coming up and resting on Squid's chest, where its heart would be. Squid looked now to Silver. Another tentacle reached out, shaking slightly, towards the grffion, Sparks. ''As long as he didn't try to pounce me to eat me.'' Squid gave a nervous sort of laugh, ''You'd be surprised how many people and animals try to eat me.''

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote        
Chu awakened with a start, instinctively grabbing her kusarigama and taking a defensive stance with a snarl. After properly taking in her surroundings with a sigh and bitter laugh, she realized that there was nothing to worry about. 'Just a...' Her thoughts fell short for a moment, and she laughed anew, less bitterly this time. She didn't know what to call them.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't mind." She muttered sleepily, sitting up as formally as she could muster. The charade didn't last for long though. Chu didn't even realize it, but soon enough, she was slouched over again, lost in thought. Formality was something she hated anyway, but she had enough lecturing about her posture from the idiots who cared. Of course, old habits die hard, especially when you don't particularly want to change them.

She yawned quietly, taking a glance at the person now sitting next to her. "So where're ya from?" She asked casually, hoping to get a lead somehow. She didn't have many anyway - a strange arctic deer centaur and a few Ice Dragons at most. This person looked fine from what she could tell though - strange and intimidating, maybe, but not suspicious.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next