Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote        
I was talking with Raz last night and realized that as I grew up, I had a shit ton of board games. Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Don't Wake Daddy, Mouse Trap, Mancala, Monopoly, Battleship... I also had some based off of shows like Rugrats and Pokemon. XD

But now that I think about it, my brother and sister never really had board games. They were born straight into video games. They never played with puzzles either, and I was demanding a new one every few weeks. I feel kinda bad for them in that respect. I never had any friends growing up, so yeah, I'd sometimes play alone, or get lucky and have my aunt or uncle play with me, but I loved playing board games as a kid, even like that. I still have a fondness for them.

What were some board games of your childhood? I know that I'm forgetting the names of A LOT of them, but I even googled them and can't get anything. xP

ecco

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 am Reply with quote        
i used to love playing mousetrap!! XD

omg, that game was awesome lol.

i was only introduced to mancala when i was like... 13? but i really like that game. :P

i think the games we played most tho, were Cluedo and Labyrinth Smile

i do feel kinda sad for kids these days. they hardly play outside anymore either. :/

Matt the Merciless

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:25 am Reply with quote        
Forget the board games of my childhood, my older age board game experience is much more enjoyable.
I love playing Risk Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote        
I used to play a lot, but when I was little, I was kind of the weaker child even though I was the tallest in my class, and so the others took advantage of me by cheating. Sometimes they would lie to me about the rules, sometimes they would openly cheat and tell to shut it if I told them to stop.

But I loved to play with my siblings and friends, though.
Ludo, shutes & Ladders, Monopoly, Hat over Hat, Life, Risk, and what is now my favourite board game: Settlers from Catan.
Matt the Merciless

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 am Reply with quote        
Ooh I played Settles of Catan once!
Didn't have much experience with it so it wasn't that great, but I haven't had a chance to play it again so I couldn't say if I enjoy it or not haha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote        
ohhhh i love risk!! Happy so fun... but takes sooooo long to play! XD

and whats this about shutes?? its snakes and ladders!! D: SNAKES!! *flails*

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote        
I loved mouse trap, but at the same time it made me sad because I knew that in real life they'd be killed. D:

But risk sounds so familiar...

Kids play outside in my neighborhood sometimes, but I don't really blame them for not always going out because of the heat advisories and humidity.

ecco

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote        
they dont have the excuse of the weather here lol. but kids just dont seem to go out much these days.

Risk is the game of war lol. where you have to take over different territories on the world map Smile

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote        
Oh, I know that game. I never played it though because I didn't gain any real logic until my teen years. (Strange, no? XD)

ecco

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote        
hahaha. that does seem strange, actually XD <3

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote        
My friends and I pulled out Candyland one day, and it took HOURS to complete! That game goes on for forever if you let it.

I never actually PLAYED Mousetrap. I just liked building the trap over and over.

My favorite board game was a Yu-Gi-Oh based one. That was a lot of fun! And I just bought a Dragonlance board game at the thrift store. Haven't played with it yet, though.

D. Crescendo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote        
I remember playing Candyland and always getting so angry when I'd be near the end and have to go all the way back to the beginning, or getting stuck in that guy's like.. pit thing. >:l

I still love playing Battleship if I can convince someone, provided they don't mind that someone left my game on the heater and one of the grids is warped. >.<

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 pm Reply with quote        
I think most of my childhood board games have already been named. xDI didn't really get into video games until I was around ten, and I still love board games now.

But hey, other people who play Settlers of Catan! I love that game. ^^ Now that my little sister and the basement children are old enough, it's what we almost always play when we have a big family game night.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
That's cute, Ace. Happy

We've never had a family game night. My siblings and I used to play Uno a lot though.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote        
It helps that my parents are also big into board games. ^^

But we have them like... once every whenever. Basically just when someones asks to play.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.