Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote        
As for myself, I'm a big planner but not always great with the follow-through aspect of my writing. It's something I've been working on over the years though, and I'm slowly getting better...I think. Sweat

I'll seriously hear, read, or see something that inspires me sometimes and form an idea based on that or other times a good idea will just come to me seemingly out of the blue; either way though, whenever I get what seems like a good idea in my mind, I'll just run with it and start adding details and plots and things. I'm a big day-dreamer at times, so I find it easiest to plan out my stories when I'm doing menial tasks and have the time to think on them. I hardly ever write down an outline or anything, but sometimes I'll write out a few key events or some character descriptions or something to keep myself actively working on a project. A story you think away but never write down is no good to anyone, least of all yourself.

I really do think all writers (and any artists for that matter) go through a different creative process than others...sometimes, maybe even different than their own on anther project. The trick is to find what works for you, individually, in that moment and hang on to it until you've followed through with a story.