Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Summer 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Summer 2010 Event Info: Please Read! [Event Has Ended]
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote        

Welcome to Midorea's Summer 2010 event. This time around we'll be doing something very different! You will actually be exploring the world of Midorea to figure out what exactly is going on.
The story will unfold as the days go on and you discover more clues.

We will also be having a Manga. This thread is only for the quest though.
Wink

AUGUST 12TH

Cat sighs, as she continues to prepare for her speech.
"I can't believe it." She thinks to herself.
"It's just not possible... A city of ice burning to the ground in one night?"
She scoffs, continuing with her work.
"Something's not right. There's no way it could have been a fire. It had to have been some sort of explosion..."
She finishes up the last bit of work, standing as she waits to take the podium.
"Maybe it really is... No, it can't be that." Shaking her head, she turns and heads towards the stand.
"Augh, if only I knew more! Why couldn't we have sent more then one person?
"This is the first bit of good info they've sent in days."

Motioning for the crowd to silence, she takes the stand and begins her speech.

AUGUST 8TH

Following the announcement that Eimara has gone missing, new rumors have sprouted about her whereabouts and the reasons for her disappearance.
"Quiet, please! I've received new information regarding the issue I spoke about yesterday."
Cat exclaims, motioning for the crowd to settle.
"I received several reports that Eimara has been spotted somewhere in a small town North of Xing Huo. I am still awaiting confirmation on this but I believe it is accurate.
"Sadly this is the only bit of news I have for today, but we are following this issue closely and will most likely have more information by tomorrow."

AUGUST 7TH

Excited and worried voices can be heard talking amongst themselves.
"Hello and good evening fellow Midoreans! This evening I will be talking about the mysteries surrounding Xing Huo and the wedding between Eimara and Jin."
Cat motions for silence.

"I have some interesting news to share with you today. As some of you are aware, the ceremonial wedding for Eimara and Jin has been postponed. No one from either families have given details as to the reason for postponing the wedding, but my sources say it's because Eimara went missing." Cat takes a small sheet of paper from her pocket and begins to read.
"I received a letter this morning stating that Jin, the prince of the Fire Dragons, recently went looking for her, but he has not been heard from since.
"I'm working to get more information regarding this issue as fast as I can... so if you have any information please let us know."
Folding the small sheet of paper, Cat leaves and takes a seat in the crowd, to let the next speaker take the podium.
Catghost
Administrator

the-NPCs
Details about the main NPCs.

Quote:

???
Who is this person? Why is he important? More will be revealed soon...

Quote:

Eimara Hielo
The princess of the Ice Dragon Tribe and daughter of Farfalla. She's a proud and self-reliant girl who won't hesitate to use someone for her own gain. Despite this, she's loyal to her family to the end. Eimara is very fragile though. Living a pampered life and being doted upon made her self-entitled and naive above anything else.

Quote:

Huo Jin
The prince of the Fire Dragon Tribe and son of Lien. His demeanor is detached and sometimes harsh, but he does have a caring side deep, deep in there. He despises humans for some reason though, so that side will never be seen by one. His one true infatuation is Eimara, and he is widely known for his terrible temper.

Quote:

Duro Lavoro
The political ambassador of the Ice Dragon Tribe. Despite his professional position, Duro might as well be an uncle to Eimara. He dotes on and adores her, unable to deny her any frivilous thing she wants. However, he does seem to keep quite a good handle on his emotions when official business comes up.

Quote:

Farfalla Hielo
The Queen of the Ice Dragon Tribe and mother of Farfalla. Though naturally maternal and loving, Farfalla recognizes the difference between politics and issues of the heart. She tries to be logical and reasonable, but that is often clouded by her emotions or concerns for others. Her main concern, however, is her daughter.

Quote:

Huo Lien
The leader of the Fire Dragon Tribe and mother of Jin. Lien enjoys fashion and appearance more than anything and is the most likely of all tribe leaders to start conversations on a whim. She's very flamboyant, yet self conscious. When it comes to serious issues, she's often at a loss for words, even if she wants to help.

Catghost
Administrator

the-ITEMS
The event items and how to obtain them.

Special 10 Gold Item
This event we will be having a special 10 gold item! It's called "The Sun the Moons and the Stars".
It will remain in the temple of gold from August 7th - August 31st.

Purchase it here.

Required Items
Required items are items you will need to access new zones or complete quests.

Plane Ticket

You must have the Plane Ticket item in your inventory to travel to Xing Huo.
The plane ticket is found by completing Charles' quest. He is located in the City of Mekhanikos.

Hawk Talon

To get the Huo Corona and Werso Ventus, you need to collect Hawk Talons. These are dropped by Red Hawks.

Event Items
Since we will be doing the event a little differently this time around, there won't be daily event items. We will let you know when a new item has been released.

Go to the quest Page HERE

Huo Corona
To get the Huo Crono item, you must bring 15 Hawk Talons to Zhi Peng who is located in Xing Huo.

Huo Werso Ventus
To get the Huo Werso Ventus item, you must bring 15 Hawk Talons to Zhi Peng who is located in Xing Huo.

Heimweh Sunne Gala
To get the Heimweh Sunne Gala item, you must kill 10 rats for Fei Yen. Fei Yen is located in Leyward.

Heimweh Sunne Pendant
To get the Heimweh Sunne Pendant item, you must kill 12 rats for Fei Yen. Fei Yen is located in Leyward.

Moon Draconem Spirit
To get the Dragon Spirit item, you must bring 7 Ice Crystals to the Moon Dragon spirit. It is located in the Ice Dragon City.
Ice Crystals can be found by browsing the forums or battling monsters.*

*Note: Only the monsters in the Ice Dragon City zone drop the Ice Crystals.

Sun Draconem Spirit
To get the Sun Dragon Spirit item, you must defeat Jin.
First thing you will need to do is visit Jin. He is located in the Wildfire zone.
Next, go to the battle arena and initiate a battle. A battle against Jin will begin, so you must defeat him! Once you are done go back to Jin and you will be rewarded the Sun Dragon Spirit.
Good luck!

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
the-LOCATIONS
Where are these places you are talking about and how do I get to them!?
*Note: Monsters are now zone specific, and so some zones will not have monsters.

Quote:
Gangshek Geatuciutat (the Great Gated City)
The heart of Midorea, and the starting point of your journey. From here you can navigate to the GGC Outskirts.
Currently Available NPCs: Alu

Quote:
GGC Outskirts
The outskirts of the city.
Currently Available NPCs: None

Quote:
City of Mekhanikos
A small village of mechanics located in the tall mountains surrounding the city of Gangshek Geatuciutat. Perhaps a local might be able to aid you on your journey.
Currently Available NPCs: Charles Lojack

Quote:
Xing Huo
The capital is beautiful and bustling, but you can tell that it's not quite as it should be. Fire dragons are whispering amongst themselves with worried eyes. Some are panicking, running through the city or shouting. Very few seem to be acting normally.
Currently Available NPCs: Zhi Peng

Quote:
Wilderness
A large stretch of wilderness North of Xing Huo.
Currently Available NPCs: none

Quote:
Leyward
This small town located on the border of the Fire Dragon Tribe and North pole.
Currently Available NPCs: Fei Yen

Quote:
Ice Dragon City Outskirts
The Ice Dragon's City can be seen in the distance. From this vantage, the city doesn't look too bad.

Quote:
Ice Dragon City
The man from before was right; the entire city is destroyed. Not a single soul lies amongst the rubble.
Currently Available NPCs: Moon Dragon Spirit

Quote:
Wilderness
A small patch of wilderness on the border of the Fire Dragon Tribe. It looks like there's a wildfire in the distance... I wonder what could be causing it?

Quote:
Wildfire
This area looks worse than the Ice Dragon city! There's no doubt about it: Jin is the cause.
Currently Available NPCs: Jin

Perhaps more areas will be discovered soon, along with clues to help guide you.
Catghost
Administrator

the-CREDITS
Who did what, in alphabetical order.

Aquarius-Chan drew the Gangshek Geatuciutat BG, Xing Huo, Leyward and the Ice Dragon City
Catghost pixeled the Sun Moons & Stars, the Heimweh Sunne Pendant, Moon Draconem Spirit and the Sun Draconem Spirit
Huzba pixeled the Huo Corona, Huo Werso Ventus and Heimweh Sunne Gala
Jaeden pixeled the Hanfu dress, Hanfu shoes, vest, shirt, pants and shoes.
Kaishi drew the lovely NPC art.
Twigg pixeled the Horai Dress, hair, geta shoes, gloves, accessories and straw hat.
Catghost
Administrator

reserved Jab
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
reserved Jab
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote        
The summer event is now open. ^__^ *runs off to post announcement*

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
Ooooooh! A mystery!

And the Sun Moon and Stars item isn't in the shop yet...

Squid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
    Um. Cat?

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or if it's intentional, but when you click on each of the NPCs, their own image doesn't come up.

The mysterious person and Eimara Hielo both come up as Sho.
    Huo Jin comes up as Tu.
    Duro Lavoro comes up as Hanako.
    Farfalla Hielo comes up as Lien.
    Huo Lien comes up as Jin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, sorry about that! I always seem to forget something don't I?
Also it should be in the shops now. C:

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Squid wrote:
    Um. Cat?

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or if it's intentional, but when you click on each of the NPCs, their own image doesn't come up.

The mysterious person and Eimara Hielo both come up as Sho.
    Huo Jin comes up as Tu.
    Duro Lavoro comes up as Hanako.
    Farfalla Hielo comes up as Lien.
    Huo Lien comes up as Jin.

It wasn't intentional. Sorry about that. *goes to fix it*
Thanks Squid!

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
It's in the shop now, but it's priced 20 gold... Jab

And yay for event! Big Grin

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
Rofl, how'd I miss that?
And here I thought I got everything right this time. *runs off to fix it*

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote        
Cat's brain could use a little break from time to time. I think it's overheating Jab

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next