Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Chi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
I'm barely on here myself, but this site is so neat. Not many people gets on here though. Why is that? The art is spectacular and pretty here. The home page looks amazing as well, and makes you want to join. The items here are created pretty well. Yet there are barely any members who are active on here. Why is that? I would love for this site to continue running. Even if I barely get on myself. Neutral

How many people are actually donating? xD What is making you unable to be active here? Besides people not talking in the forums very much. . .
I'm really curious on how the site is doing.

well I mean if I said "I will give you money if you draw me something" would you think up something to draw?

Chu wrote:
>.>; *draws something*

Happy Chu gets money now?!
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
From what I've seen, people join saying they like the art, avatars and stuff, but when they realize the forums are so slow, they start spending less time here (or more on other sites), and at some point they just forget about us Sad

We get a good amount of activity around events, but it drops drastically when the event is over.

I just wish more people would stick around and chat more the rest of the time, so hopefully whatever new members we get will see a good reason to stay here. Wink

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
If you want to see activeness in the forums, then post. Noting the silence of the forums doesn't do anything to help the problem. ;3 I've been trying to make new threads and such lately, but my timing was bad. I had company all weekend and now I'm sick, so I can't keep up with them well. XD

I think that I'm going to make a Midorea Restoration Squad. XD We could have a big hangout during the summer event and then make one in The Lounge after it's over. For certain days of the week, we can attack different parts of the forum and have contests and such. Would anyone like to participate in something like that?

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
It would be a nice way to push people to chat outside the Lounge, so yes, I'd participate ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
Interesting... *schemes*

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
I'll have to go with what Maeve said, they look at the forums and see nothing moving and no members posting outside of maybe their own personal thread. They decide its not worth the commitment of time and money so they just go back to Gaia or what ever.

You also have to ask yourself, why don't I visit? Maybe because you're busy?
I know alot of people join and never return after their first day because they don't see anything going on. People are used to active boards, games, events and stuff. I really think we need some Games...something to do and talk about..

IDK...I feel like we need to have an event every month almost...or just have a massive requirement day...maybe an Ad..idk..

We need a surge of members to help bring activity..
But you risk the chance of gaining alot of n00bs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
Just so you guys know, I'm TOTALLY in on a restoration squad, even though I haven't been here for long. Yeah, this place is pretty inactive, and it's a pity.

Truth be told, I'm afraid of the n00bs. But I also can't stand the fact that there are... what? Over 4000 members, and only twenty or so of them are constantly active. We should have a little more than that!

I love this site, and I donate every month to keep it going, going as far as to save the last scraps of my meager paycheck just to give over to you guys.

And on how to make this place more active... I'll need to brainstorm that one a bit. But I devote quite a bit of time to this forum daily. I don't want to see it fade away!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
It kills me when people don't post because nothing's going on though. It's really hypocritical in my opinion.

I'll probably have restoration squad signups or something when I'm feeling better. xP Terrible time to get sick.

And I donate when I can. We're poor in the first place though, so I can only afford to donate enough for a set of ARIs. :<

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
I could actually donate atleast 20 bucks a month but I have no paypal...but I am gonna pick up a prepaid card and add the money to that so I can donate. I think it could go a long ways..

I try posting alot...as much as I can but sometimes I don't have anything to say... But I try..lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
I post all day if the theater has posts that's really the reason I lurk around *taps fingers together like Hinata* I mean I don't lurk what are you talking about. Though I do find time to post in other parts of the forums.

ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 am Reply with quote        
I'll post pretty much anywhere across the forum if i have something to say XD

and Chu i think that is a great idea! i'll participate! *salutes*

once I get my student loan paid to me i will try and donate... i hope that i can spare enough for 2 of each ARI so i can sell them on to people who cant donate. i think people find it really very hard to get the pretty rares on here x.x

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote        
Overlord Branny wrote:
I really think we need some Games...something to do and talk about..

Well, we have a special thing, that very few sites have: the Battle System. If we could draw attention to it and actually show newbie that 1° it's not that hard and 2° it gives you lots of money to use on your avatar after, it would be great.
Maybe a tournament or something? And a hangout for the fighters, so that they have a place to chat?
In the last few days, I've been thinking about making small pictures, badges or something like that, to reward people who have killed a certain amount of critters. Nothing big really, but just a little thing that says "I took the time and kill *insertamount* of that crazy creature".
So yeah, anyone has idea or would like to help me set it up?

I don't mind if people don't donate to the site, there are things more important than that after all. What I like is when they still try to get the relics, because it forces them to be active to get enough silver to buy the items. And someone else will donate to the site to sell them the ARIs, which in the end brings the same amount of money.
I've donated almost every month since I joined. I consider I'm lucky to have some money I can use for that. I might have skipped once or twice when I found a way to get gold from someone else or because of a contest, but anyway, I have one of every relics so far.
I had never donated to a site before I came to Midorea, but the site is so nice and I wouldn't want to see it disappear because of money problem.
Big Grin

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I need to get a little more into the battle system... after I buy the last item I need for the commons contest.

*grr... stupid 700s striped leggings....*

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote        
I think I once suggested the idea of a tournament for the battle system to Cat. I've been considering holding my own, what with me being the battle king. lmao <3

I've also suggested more battle events and quests, I have alot of ideas that can follow the lore and storyline for the site too but I haven't really shared any of them with her. I'm waiting to see if it'll actually be used or not.

We do have a subforum for battles but no one bothers posting there..

I really wish my money could make it to the site..
I know the site really needs the funds to afford a coder and more artist work.. I'm pretty sure the fee for keeping the site up isn't too bad but if we ever have a huge member surge, the site will need a upgrade...which means a higher charge..

I would be sad if midorea closed, I'm not active on any other avatar site...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote        
I came here because of an ad I saw on a web comic site. I actually clicked it the first time and was like oh an avi site yuck and left. The second time I clicked it was three months latter again thinking it was a web comic. Instead of immediately turning away this time I looked into it and decided I liked what I saw. There were no bumps no faces there was conversation there was chatting.

There was an rp forum that allowed you to rp outside of the actual sites means. Unlike the site that shall not be named which makes you rp in that universe and nothing more. I have immediately settled down and fallen in love with this place.

I am not really a battle system person. I prefer the chatting and the rping to that so I don't know how I would do with more battle system type events. It was hard enough to get the wings and in the end I bought my earth dragon wings because I could never get the stupid potions to move forward with the quest. And I killed a milliondy ghosts.

I don't think we need to have an event every month but every other would be neat. I also don't really want to see games either because then no one talks they just play games all the time and that will take away from what I love this place for the actual conversation. I mean I joined the site that shall not be names when conversation went on then all the bumping started because you could get a ton of gold for it. Then the games started then the daily chance and then all the want now is a ton of money for stuff that isn't that great half the time because you have to buy five or six of the items to use all the poses.

I think a daily chance would be an ok idea if it didn't spiral into what the site that shall not be named did. I would hate to see that happen to this place. I enjoy it much like it is even if it isn't always that busy its a nice change of pace to what I got used to in Avatar sites.