Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
[~SHWING~]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote        
Zombies!
I love zombies feed my need ^.^
Whats out there, whats good, whats not, Suggestions!?!

I've enjoyed...
~Marvel Zombies
~Zombie Survial Guide/World War Z
~Woodworm (Kind of every where but I think it fits)
~Zombies Vs. Robots
~The Walking Dead

Also Disscuss anything about them, the relations to consumer society, the looming horror of the world ending, the strain of the strength of humanity. Anything O.o

~Brains~
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quote        
Zombies are an interesting topic of discussion, even though they are not my forte when it comes to the monster world. My dad LOVES them, though.

There are some really cool undead/zombie characters in Simon R. Green's Nightside Series. Mostly Dead Boy, but he is my favorite! He's mainly in Nightingale's Lament, but that is the best book in the series. And then there's Larry Oblivion, the undead detective. He's not a major player in the series, but he's still pretty awesome. Not as cool as Dead Boy. And THEN there's Max Maxwell, the Voodoo King. Can't remember how related he is to zombies, but I know that Voodoo usually is.

So yeah, that's the best I can do. They're not specifically about zombies, though.

[~SHWING~]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote        
Way cool thanks ^.^
Yeah the Woodworm is like undead / host spirt gate guardian with a modern twist and wicked art style (Same guy as 30 days of Night) so those sound sweet I'll have to look into them.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote        
I've been wanting to read Woodworm for quite some time, actually. It comes up on occaison in the Science Fiction Book Club catalogue.

And that brings up another one. Once again, not about zombies as much as it is about undead. It's a kids book called Skullduggery Pleasant. If you notice, I'm really into the supernatural crime noir, and this one is about an animated skeleton/magician that solves crimes.

[~SHWING~]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
That could be good O.o
Yeah I have all three of the released (as far as I know) Woodworm graphic novels and they are really good. Mystic crime's underbelly kind of ^.^

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote        
The only books I could suggest that really don't have much to do with Zombies as much as the undead and controlling it is the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix its starts with Sabrial *Not sure if I spelled it right* The Lirial and the final being Abhorsen. He did make another book that's more like a game masters guide to using the Abhorsen universe as a table top game but it really doesn't tie into the series to much. Have a look I don't like many things about death and undeath but I enjoyed these books immensely.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote        
I'm glad you mentioned "The Walking Dead". I am rather fond of that particular series. I like Andrea the most, for some reason. But Michonne is pretty kickass too. I have yet to actually purchase any of the books, but I plan to once I actually have something that resembles a disposable income.

I enjoyed the Resident Evil books. They follow the games to an extent. But then, the games hardly follow the other games. So who really cares?

I recommend "High School of the Dead". The series is fairly new, so there is a definite plot, but no resolution in sight, if that makes any sense. A couple of the characters are almost too quirky to be real, for some. But yet they're still believable. I know some people like them. If you don't care about the kind of fanservice that Japanese graphic novels seem to have, go take a gander.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote        
I am a HUGE fan of zombies, but I've never actually read a book on the subject. o-0 That actually surprises me.

I'm so ashamed. T^T

[~SHWING~]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quote        
O.o Book over load ha ha
I'm excited to look into them all!
Chu~ Check out the Zombie Survial Guide by Max Brooks, (also no shame in it my reading only happen after I ran out of other options)
Tsemara~ How far are you into the walking dead?

superbinka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote        
I'm not really a fan of zombies to be honest. It's hard to write good characters in a zombie-apocalyptic environment. I do like Skulduggery Pleasant, though, because he is intelligent, unlike zombies, and partakes in witty banter, unlike zombies. Also, he's kind of the good guy.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 am Reply with quote        
I, personally, enjoy watching things and reading things about zombies from time-to-time, if only for the gore and sheer ridiculousness of it all. xD; However, I can only take such things in small doses usually; too much of that at once and I get kind of bored of it. I can't really write zombies myself for crap though. Sweat While zombies can get a bit tiresome, I do *love* a good post-apocalyptic setting though. I have an eight year old cousin who is obsessed 've seen rather a lot of films and tv shows concerning them. I enjoy The Walking Dead sometimes, and I'm madly in love with Zombieland to this day just for the laughs; zombies are so comical whether they're met to be or not anyway. XD