Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 87, 88, 89  Next
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote        
Bella was late and she knew it. Her parents had insisted that she take a shower before leaving to hang out with her friends and see Mr. Malygris. She had obliged them if only to have shut them up and now because of it she was late.

She parked her car and got in the elevator hoping that she wasn't as late as she thought she was. Wondering what in the world they could all be being gathered for.

Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote        
Cindi had been sitting on the lounge chair, as usual, as she found that it was the only consistent piece of furniture in Malygris' living room. As often as rooms and furniture seemed to shift about and change, she was always able to find that one chair. And it was there she sat, with Red preferring to stand, and Malygris in his high-backed chair, looking...tense. Cindi could feel it from the elevator alone, but to come up and actually see Malygris somewhat out of sorts was...unnerving. She had made no attempts at small talk, not that they were ever received with a modicum of enthusiasm, but it was more a comfort to herself than to anyone else. But finally, the others started coming through the door.

First Max. Aiden followed after, knocking, to which Cindi immediately felt bad, as she never knocked. She just sort of strode in, with the knowledge that if Malygris didn't want them in there, they probably wouldn't be able to get in in the first place. Bella followed after. Cindi smiled at each of them, and her smile was returned with nods, or the occasional grimace, like always. She shifted in her seat and turned her gaze to Malygris, now that they were all assembled.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
"Good," Malygris began, rising from his chair and standing before his charges. "you've all arrived."

"I know you're wondering why you've been summoned, and be assured, that I have not done so idly. Before anything else though, i must say that you've all done well recently, our plans and machinations have gone smoothly, allowing for the Vilos menace and their constant interference. This however has almost nothing to do with them for the time being."

Turning away from his minions, he looked out the window as his face darkened. The cityscape spread out below him and it was there he turned his gaze.

"It has come to my attentions that things are not as they should be. Last night one of my outside agents was abducted." The small gasps from behind him were cue enough for him to turn around again.

"What, surely you did not think that you were the only force I maintained? Yes, you are the only cell to comprise more than one member, and as such I have centered myself here, in the City of Kent. I have an assortment of other agents in different parts of the region that I have been allocated. Anyways..."

Turning back to the city eh continued, "Jared has been abducted, possibly by the Vilos, but unlikely. A better guess would be that your government has finally taken notice of things here and has attempted to take matters into their own hands. Whatever the cause, my subordinate has been taken, and is being held in a secure facility. Presumably in the square you and your people have denoted on the map as 'Colorado'. I made an attempt to rectify the situation last night, but it would appear that they possess a device that has no business existing. A device that hinders me from entering their premises. Were it not for this, I would have resolved this already and you would need be none the wiser."

"that being said, I have three tasks for you to undertake, as a team. One, recover my wayward agent. You'll bring him back with you to Kent city and I shall decide what is to be done with him at that time. Secondly you must ensure that you retrieve the artifact entrusted to him, for he is of no use to anyone without it, least of all myself. If you are able to return it to him at the time of his rescue, he'll be able to assist you in the escape."

"Thirdly, and this is of paramount importance, you must locate and destroy this device. It has no business existing and I have no desire to see it come back to haunt me."

Turning back to his protege's he looked them over. "Any questions?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote        
Is he serious right now? Questions? YES, I have questions who's this other agent, how'd he get caught, the government is watchin' us, this some big brother stuff are you for real right now, sir? And speakin' of agents how many more you HAVE, what we're not good enough for you, why's this base thing in Colorado anyway, isn't pot legal there or somethin', also WHAT DEVICE COULD EVEN--

Cindi swallowed hard, sitting stiffly in her seat. After shaking her head sharply as if to bring her running thoughts to a screeching halt, she took a breath, another swallow, and turned toward Malygris. Her eyes never fell on him directly, indicating her scattered thoughts.

"H-how...are we gettin' there? Sir?"

"Huh...we're goin' on another trip." Red smirked and looked toward Cindi, noted the miniature breakdown she appeared to be having, and turned attention to Aiden instead. "How 'bout that, we'll be a team again" he muttered, his tone mixed with amusement, some anxiety, and a hint of bitterness.

At Red's words, Cindi shut her eyes and grimaced, having half a mind to tell Red to "quit having so many complicated feelings at the same time, 'cause I can't fuckin' deal." Her acute empathies were still something she had trouble communicating to the group, and as such they still had some difficulty understanding. She couldn't exactly tell them, "hey, stop having feelings, because I have them too," but at the same time, their general stone-cold demeanor wasn't exactly what she mean by that either. And now with Red and all of his mental and emotional baggage, and Aiden's presence... she felt woozy, and put a hand to her forehead.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote        
In a flash Malygris was at Red's shoulder, on hand lain on it.

"This assignment is not to be taken lightly. It is above your personal differences and your squabbles will not be tolerated. I trust I have made myself clear. As for the matter of you voyage, I have made all the arrangements. You will return to my lodgings tomorrow morning by 10:00 and I shall see that you arrive at your destination in a timely manner."

He released Reds' shoulder and returned to his place overlooking the city, a glass of wine in his hand as he stared pensively out over the metropolis. "Any further questions?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
Red's entire body went rigid at Malygris' touch, the abjuration inside him swelling within him at former's proximity. It thankfully didn't last long, as Malygris was soon back at his window.

"Yes sir. Sorry." Red rubbed at his shoulder, and glanced at Aiden. "Sorry."
Red found a seat, still idly tending the phantom feeling on his shoulder, when it occurred to him that he, nor anyone else to his knowledge, had no family or contacts to speak on in Colorado, and had no idea how long a mission like this was going to take. Not that he would really need to tell his parents, he hadn't really kept any contact with them since living at the dormitory, and Father Quinn was used to Red disappearing, but...within reason.

"Uh...do we have a time frame on this? And a contact?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
Bella had sat quietly she hadn't even really been shocked when she heard the news of another agent. Too have thought that her and the other members of her team where the only agents Malygris has was a foolish thought at best. No what had shocked her was that he had been caught by the military and that the military of all things had something that could stop even Malygris.

The only questions she had however were answered long before she could utter them. So she simply waited for others to speak. It was Red's question of a contact that made her speak.

"If there isn't I am sure my cousin there even though shes somewhat estranged wouldn't mind saying we are staying with her and her husband even though we won't be." She said mostly because she had already been thinking of using that excuse with her own parents but had no idea what anyone else would be able to do.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote        
While everyone else spoke, Aiden sat quietly, absorbing all of the information given to him. It seemed simple enough to understand. They had been hearing about the presence of Magical Beings all over the world on the news, so why wouldn't there be ones in other place? He was more surprised that Malygris could keep his focus on so many different places. He was learning more about the being every day.

He noticed Red's glance over at him, but didn't pay too much attention to it. What was up with him? Yes, being possessed by a flame abjuration most likely did something to mess with you head, but he had time to get used to it, didn't he? It had been quite a while since he got it.

His mind spun thinking of what to tell his parents about the sudden departure. They knew that him and Bella were a couple, so he considered using the same excuse she did, saying that they invited him to stay with them for a while in Colorado. It would be good for him to get out of the house and go somewhere for a while. As for the suddenness of the trip, they would just have to deal with it.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote        
Max frowned as she thought about what Malygris had told them. She had known better than to think that they were the only Misus agents out there. However it did come as a bit of a surprise that Malygris took up more than one group of agents. She had just assumed there was a Misus for different areas, just like there was that Nephytis chick for a territory or whatever some distance away..... and that crazy Forsa chick that was their boss. But she hadn't seen anything that implied that the last one had taken on any agents of her own. No good wondering about that. Max had just guessed that she was too busy being eccentric, and/or keeping an eye on what everyone was doing.

While she would never admit it, Max was somewhat relieved that there was something resembling an alibi she could use with her mother. Negotiations would likely take a long time to get the permission to leave on a trip with no obvious return time. If worse came to worst, she could sneak out. She'd done it before. She could do it again.

Then there was the rest of the assignment. Leave it to the government to poke their noses in things they shouldn't. Something that could block Malygris existed. How was that even possible? Ho was there something more powerful than him? Would that mean it would block their abilities as well? Yeah, a ragtag group of teenagers, that mostly tolerated each other, without powers going against likely armed goons and whatever other crazy devices they had in their arsenal. And there would be no Misus capable of pulling them out of there if things went wrong.

"Sir?" Maxine began. "This device we're supposed to destroy, is there a chance that it can nullify our abilities? I mean, seeing that they came from you and all."

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
"All excellent questions." Turning from the window Malygris shook his melancholy off for a moment and was pleased at how quickly his charges found questions to ask.

"As far as the length of your mission, you'll remain there until it is done. Given your abilities, I should hardly expect it to take more than a day or two if all the details work in your favor. I should hardly think that once you have gained entrance to the complex, you'll want to spend more time than is absolutely necessary within it. Get in, accomplish your mission, and get out. I'll have more information available to me upon your return tomorrow about the location.

As far as contacts are concerned, I have no resources to draw on in that region. You'll essentially be on your own as far as support of the magical kind is concerned. While you are outside the boundaries of the device's area of effect, you will be able to contact me, but once you pass inside its sphere of influence, I will be unable to assist you until you have located and deactivated that infernal device.

As far as your powers are concerned Maxine; No, they should not be affected. They exist separately from myself and reside within you. It appears that the machine projects a barrier that prevents entities not of this world from entering within it's borders. I am not of this earth, and am therefor hindered from passage within it's effect. You however, are most certainly of this earth. I would suggest not activating your abilities outside of it's sphere, lest the magical energies prove sufficient to bar your passage. Once inside, you should have no problems activating and employing your abilities to maximum effect. I simply suggest that you use caution and reason in the battles you choose, because if you fall here, there will be no rescue."

He sat down into his wing backed chair, elbows on the arm rest, fingers steepled in front of his face. "There will be no margin of error, but I trust you will obtain success or I would not send you. I suggest now that you return home and prepare yourself for the trials ahead."

With a motion, he shoo-ed them from his rooms and returned to his work, gathering as much information as he could find about this facility. "Damn this internet explorer. Why does it keep asking me to upgrade to this 'IE9'? I already have one internet, why would I possibly need nine of them?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quote        
Corik lay panting on the roof, his sweat drying quickly off his skin in the breeze but still clinging to his shirt. Workouts weren't any good if they were easy, right?

"Time for 100 more pushups." He grunted, rolling over onto his stomach.

"1..2..3.."

nearing the 80's, the unmistakeable roar of a motorcycle and the spray of gravel announced that Andrew and Jade had arrived below in the parking lot.

"I SWEAR TO GOD," he shouted down. "84..85.. IF YOU... 86.. SPRAY THAT GRAVEL... 87... 88.. ALL OVER MY PAINT JOB... 89..90...91... I WILL FLY OFF THIS ROOF AND LAUNCH THAT BIKE 92...93...94... SO FAR INTO THE FOREST YOU WON'T ... 95.. 96.. EVEN KNOW... 97.. HOW MANY... 98..99... PIECES 100... IT LANDED IN!"

Finishing his exclamation, he collapsed onto the roof before hauling himself upright and leaning over the edge to glare at his teachers down below. "When are we gonna get Cyrel to pave this whole thing over anyways?" With that he grabbed his hand towel from the corner where he threw it and headed towards the door, mopping up his sweat as he went.

If you're that worried about your paint job, maybe park somewhere else?" Andrew called back, clipping his and Jade's helmets to the bike and kicking down the stand.

"Or you could be considerate of other people's property..."

"Lynn, that is no fun at all and you know it." Slinging his bag over his shoulder he turned to Jade, "I guess we're late to the party. We'd better hurry inside." He planted a kiss on her cheek and pushed her inside with him.

Nothing big had happened around town recently, but that could only last so long with so many Misus agents. They had to be planning something; that's what they do after all.

Casting a look around the parking lot before he passed through the door he wondered what he'd actually practice with today... Maybe he'd test his ability against Cyrel, see who won between water and ice.

As the door clicked closed behind him, he didn't notice a taxi cab pull up at the end of the drive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
Jade gave a goofy smile and touched her cheek. "Yessir!" She pulled her bag off of the back of the bike taking her time.

Jade, you are late why are you taking so--

"Shhhhhh..." Jade held up a hand as if to physically shush Epol, her focus on Andrew behind as he walked toward the training ground.

Oh, Eternal Judge's SAKE Jade.

"Psh, whatever, you don' know. You don' know what's good.

I do know that punctuality is 'what's good,' now move your--

"Move my what?" She hesitated awaiting an answer, and when she got none, pulled her gaze away from Andrew, glancing up as she does when putting her full attention on Epol. "It's not like you to stop mid thought, what is it?" Jade looked around the parking lot, catching sight of a bright yellow cab. "What the..." Since the winter, she knew that pretty much all of Kent City was aware of the Warehouse and it's location, but given the heightened security detail Cyrel managed to get from her dad, they almost never got visitors, loiterers, or trespassers...unless...

"Uh...Andrew?" Jade called over her shoulder, eyes darting between him and that taxi. "Guys? Were y'all expecting someone?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote        
Tossing his stuff just inside the door and hurrying back out at Jade's call, Andrew looked out at the driveway where the cab had parked. The engine idled for a moment before shutting off and the driver got out and started walking around the side of the vehicle.

"I didn't call anyone here. I don't know what's going on or how they got past security."

The driver walked back around and opened the back passenger door. Andrew leaned forwards a bit, trying to discern what was happening.

From the cab emerged a cane with a wizened, age-spotted hand attached to it, complete with the rest of an old woman. Her thin wispy hair was pulled back into a bun, and her paisley frock was neatly arranged on her frame. She wasn't exceptionally tall to begin, and the ages had seen her shrunken somewhat. He back did not hunch over like so many elderly folk do, and her eyes remained clear, a bright blue that didn't contain any hint of the decades that her body showed. She heaved herself unsteadily out of the car and motioned for the driver to wait.

She looked around, and brushed some of the wrinkles out of her dress. Spotting the two youths by the door, she began hobbling along the driveway towards them, grumbling to herself the whole way.

"can't believe they're makin me do this...Acting like I ain't got nothin' better to do in my golden years. The Price is Right is on and that new Drew Carey boy is down right handsome.

She tottered to a halt in front of the two Sene's and squinted her eyes at them.

"I hope you're not planning on just standing there and looking at me," she snapped. "I know, it's hard to get past such a beauty as myself, but that's hardly my fault."

"Uhh..." Andrew stammered, taken aback at the woman and her um... remarks. He wasn't really sure how to handle that at all. "Can I ask who you are first?"

"You can." She replied, leaning on her cane a little bit.

A few moments passed, before Andrew realized she was actually waiting for him to ask her who she was.

"...ok then. Who are you?"

"Oh and here I thought you young people had forgotten how to ask politely... It seems I was right. My name is Eloise Seksing."

Andrew looked at Jade who just shrugged. He had no idea who this woman was, or what she wanted. She didn't seem like a threat though, but there was no telling what she was up to.

"Eloise, stop beating around the bush and get on with it. You're not here to berate them."

"Oh fine. If it was up to me I'd rather not be here at all. It's you three who drug me out of my house just as The Price is Right was about to come on." Turning back to Andrew and Jade, she smiled and help out the left hand. On it were three pieces of jewelry; a opal ring on her index finger, an onyx stone set in gold on her ring finger, and around her wrist was a gold bracelet with writing etched on it in a language that Andrew didn't recognize.

"I'm here on an errand for the Council of the Medvete. They have an assignment for you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote        
The gathered Sene just stared at the old woman that had tottered up to their front door. It was unusual to say the very least.

"Well are you going to stare at me all day or invite me in? I already told you I have other things I need to get to today. Now let me in so we can get on with this. Just because I'm the messenger of the God's, so to speak, doesn't mean that I don't have a life. There's Bingo tonight at the community center and I've got a score to settle with Ethel over her shenanigans last week. Downright shameful trading off her scorecards for tapioca."

With a wild flourish of her hands, she shuffled past the Sene and vanished through the doorway.

"Uhh..." Andrew managed after a moment, "What?" Jade couldn't have had a much better grasp on the situation since she merely shrugged, looking as confused as Andrew felt.

"She is the speaker, the oldest living Magical Girl. She speaks for the council in earthly matters of great importance. Whatever she has come to tell us, I suggest we heed it."

"Hold up Lynn," he said outloud, "Magical beings have only been known to exist on earth for 20 years. That woman is somewhere around 80. I really doubt that you'd pick a 60 year old woman to fight to forces of evil for you in pitched battles that cause massive amounts of property damage more often than not. She looks as though a stiff breeze could knock her to the ground and trample her under a barrage of butterfly wing gusts."

"Well... yes and no. I never said she was a sene, only a magical girl. She was a mystic before our arrival on the planet. She sought out the first Vilos agents upon our arrival on this world and since then, has acted as the messenger of the council. Matters deemed of this amount of importance are entrusted to her to deliver. The high lords of the Misus are aware of each Anthropos' coming and going due to the energy released upon our arrival in this plane. By using Eloise, the council helps to ensure that no suspicions are aroused on the opposing side of the battle for your world."

"Oh..." was all he could manage before relaying this new information to his companions. With shared apprehension they followed suit, and went inside after the old woman.

"Gather round children!" she cried. As the Sene gathered their Pari and explained the situation, she situated herself in a chair in the library where Viola usually studied. "Nice place," she muttered to herself. "A far sight beyond anything I've ever seen anywhere else. One of these kiddo's must be loaded."

As the vilos came in in groups with their pari, she made small talk until they were all assembled. When Andrew came in alone, she hiked an eyebrow. "No students dear?" she asked.

"Um.. not as such, no... not right now, I guess." He replied.

"Oh well, not to worry. I'm sure you'll find one eventually. That's the way these things go. Anyways, now that you're all here, allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is Eloise Seksing, and I am the Speaker; I speak for the Council of the Medvete in the Eirburg. I've come to you with an assignment from the highest authority in the Vilos forces, and one which they have deemed of great importance, with utter disregard to my own television programming schedule. And now, they wish to speak to you themselves."

The rings on her hand shone with a bright azure light as she closed her eyes. When she opened them, the light glimmered in her irises.

"Greetings to you all" came a chorus of voices, issuing from the old woman. It sounded as through three voices spoke in unison, relaying themselves through the Speaker. "We come before you today bearing a mission of great importance."

"Of course you do. It's always great importance with you three. And it's always when the Price is Right is on. Don't you know they finally got a decent host?"

An expression came across the womans face that could only be described annoyance as her face fell and she shook her head. "Eloise we told you, it's not up to use when these things happen, only that the univers is conspiring against your love affair with this Drew Carey person. We're busy now though..."

Turning back to the vilos, the Anthropos coughed, as if clearing their throat awkwardly. "Anyways... It has come to our attention that our sole agent in the area you know as Colorado has gone missing, captured and taken within the borders of a facility that we cannot penetrate. Something is blocking our awareness in within a small area, and we believe her to be inside the perimeter of the facility. We are tasking you, as a request from the Council, that you infiltrate this facility, disable whatever device is preventing our awareness from inside, and rescue Gisela."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote        
Sunday, August 5th 4:00 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corik hefted his pack out of the bed of his truck. He'd packed enough for two days, three if he ate sparingly. He didn't know exactly how long they would be gone, the thee Anthropos of the Speaker hadn't exactly been clear on the amount of time this assignment would take. They'd been told to assemble back at the compound no later than 5:00 today, and that transport had been arranged for them. They were told about the compound, at least all that the Council had been able to discern, their usual omnipotence repelled by some sort of energy field, they couldn't do much more than it was a military establishment or recent completion. from the only map that they had to go on, it looked like a collection of small building built into a mountainside and surrounded by a fence, but that map had been several year old before the completion of the facility and before the customary satellite black out over those kinds of establishments.

He had to admit that he was almost more excited that anxious about storming a government facility, especially one that could prevent the Council from knowing what was in it, and one that could detain magical beings. This would be a test for him as well as a rescue mission for the girl they had been sent to find. It would be dangerous... and for Corik, that meant fun.

He shouldered his pack, and walked into the complex, noting that Eloise's car was already parked out front. She must have stayed somewhere in town, because after their meeting had finished, She had ambled back in and drove off, after shouting out that they needed to come back tomorrow.

"Hello dear!" she called from the library. "As soon as you're all here, we'll get you set on your way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(There we go. Everyone has free reign to post now. I'm so sorry that the set up took oh.... 6 months to write.)