Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88, 89  Next
Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote        
Jade made a small noise, and slowly turned over, her eyes blinking sleepily. She smiled gently, and wrapped her arms about Andrew's neck pulling him in for a quick kiss, and whispering, "Nope," and flopping back over to go back to sleep.

Bitch get up.

Jade's eyes snapped open at the uncharacteristic use of an expletive by Epol, who for all intents and purposes, should not even know what that is.

"Wow Epol language."

Language that I only used because it got you moving. Now hurry up, your two pari are already on their way.

"Tch, pari this, pari tha--...oh." Jade glanced over her shoulder at Andrew. "Uhm. How's Adrian like Osaka? You meet his Sene over there yet? Epol says he's pretty...legit...and stuff."

Eternal Judge, make this more awkward Jade, I dare you.

"Shut up Epol," Jade spat to the ceiling. She flashed a nervous smile best she could at Andrew, before turning back over to face him, stroking his face gently and giving him another kiss. "I'm sure he's fine." Jade nuzzled up close to him, enjoying the warmth that enveloped her for a few minutes. "I'ma shower real quick." She turned back over pushed the covers back, and swung her legs over the side of the bed, stretching and popping her back before grabbing a towel that'd been flung over the chair in the corner the night before. Stepping over both Andrew's and her clothes, old empty cigarette boxes among other things to reach the bathroom, she called back, "I'll be fast, then we'll go."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote        
"I haven't really kept up with him... I know I'm a terrible person, but I've been a little more focused with what's going on around here. Someone's gotta keep all you skanks in line... I say after I've pulled some of the most irresponsible stunts in recent memory out of all of us... Anyways go get your shower."

Andrew propped himself up on his elbow and watched as she rolled out of bed and swished her hips on into bathroom, before getting out of bed himself. He stretched and yawned, then headed into the kitchen to turn on the coffee machine and make something for the two of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote        
( Click here for organ shenanigans )

Malygris sat in in his living room, the daily paper in his hands. From the front all you could see was his legs, one crossed over his knee. His tall, wing-backed chair rose from behind him. To one side, a platter sat with what remained of his breakfast; some half eaten toast, container of apricot preserves, an apple core... As ever his tea sat right to his left, hovering in mid-air, steaming as though it was freshly steeped.

"Hmm... the Dow Jones is up for once..." he said idly, turning the page.

Suddenly he folded down the paper and gazed out the window intently. One eyebrow arched, he laid the paper to one side and picked up his tea. He stood and walked over to the window, the morning sun streaming through it coming up to his chest.

"Something is wrong..." he muttered taking a sip of his tea. "I can sense it." Black clouds began to swirl from him as he took another sip.

"Something is very wrong." he said, placing his tea in the air and hurrying out the window, the black folds enveloping him as we strode, folding in on itself and vanishing into the morning air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several instants later...

Darkness coalesced in the forest, roiling into existence. Malygris stepped from the void, setting foot amongst the trees as the birds quieted in the branches and the other wildlife quieted.

A ways away, the trees thinned and ended all together. At the boundary, a fence was erected, and beyond that, The Compound clustered around the central building, nestled against the mountainside.

"This shouldn't be here..." he said to a bird that had flown down for a closer look at him.

Striding towards it, he neared the edge of trees before coming to an abrupt halt. Perplexed, he gazed at the air directly in front of him.

"This shouldn't be here at all..." He reached out with one hand and his hand bounced back as if rebounding off a solid object. The air rippled in front of him before calming. Perplexed, he reached out again. The dome yielded slightly to his touch, but he could not penetrate the field.

"This is unexpected..." The bird flew past him and settled on a branch, just the other side of the shell that protected the compound. It cocked it's head to one side and looked at him as though it had a question.

"And very interesting..." Turning from the field, he strode back into the forest and pulled out a phone from his suit jacket pocket. "I suppose I can use this contraption since Aiden went to the trouble of teaching me how to use it..." He walked back through the forest, tapping at the buttons before stopping, holding it close to his face, and seeing the icon at the top of the screen.

"Of course I would be roaming." Darkness billowed out, obscuring him from vision before collapsing in on itself once more, leaving no trace that he was ever there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have an assignment. Gather your comrades and assemble at my suite"

Sent: Aiden 11:34 AM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote        
Aiden was just finishing the first half of his bagel when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Probably Bella or Cindi... He looked at the screen, and the name glowing back at him was a surprising one.

Malygris

He blinked, silent. Malygris hadn't texted him since he first showed him how to use the phone. What could be important enough to text him now? He opened the message.

"I have an assignment. Gather your comrades and assemble at my suite"

He nodded slowly and opened up a new group text.

"Malygris requires us at his suite. He has an assignment for us."

He pocketed his phone and headed out the door, half his bagel still on the table.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote        
Jared woke very slowly, acutely aware of a painful pressure in his skull, somewhere behind his eyes. The boy squeezed his eyes, and pressed a hand to his forehead. He didn’t remember anything after fighting that Vilo girl. He shocked her, she hit him then…trying to remember just made the pain worse.

“God,” he groaned, “my head…” Jared carefully pushed himself into a sitting position, still half-asleep. His hand gripped the edge of the mattress, and suddenly Jared froze. That’s not my bed, he thought, and looked around the room, headache completely forgotten. No, this was definitely not his room. Glaringly white, no windows, no decorations…nothing but a bed and a door.

Jared had taken two steps toward the door when he realized it didn’t have a handle. He couldn’t even see a piece of technology to open the thing. On that note…Jared ran his finger up his left thumb, and cursed when he didn’t feel his ring. Where the hell was he? Who the hell knew the most effective way to take his powers away? Who had him?!

A small blinking red light in the corner caught Jared’s eye, and he stared warily into the camera’s lens for a few seconds. The small black opening stared back impassively, showing no sign that there was anyone beyond the camera. Jared’s nerve broke, and he glanced around the room again. No, not a room, he realized. A cell. He looked once more up at the camera before retreating back to the bed. He gave the camera one last look before turning around and curling up on the hard mattress.

Jared tried to hide his labored breathing, staring wide-eyed at his clenched hands in front of him. He was trying to suppress the panic in his chest. It wasn’t working very well.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Maxine was sitting in the garage with a fan blowing to circulate the air. Her phone rested on the cluttered workbench her father periodically used when he was home. The treads on her bike tires had been looking pretty threadbare lately. She had bought a new set a week beforehand but really hadn't had time to do anything about them until now.

She had just finished replacing the worn out tires on her bike when she heard her phone beep, signalling the arrival of a message. Wiping as much of the grease from her fingers as she could she went to check. It seemed that Aiden had something important to say.

"Malygris requires us at his suite. He has an assignment for us."

Huh. That's pretty damn important. Max set the rag she was using aside and went into the house to wash her hands properly. On the way to the bathroom she passed her mother. "Hey, Mom," she began. "Is it alright if I go hang out with the guys for a bit?" Damn it felt really awkward to say that.

"How long do you think you'll be out?" Karen replied.

"Uh...I don't really know," Max admitted as she dried off her hands. "A few hours maybe?

"And where are you guys headed?" her mother inquired.

"To Mr. Malygris's place," Max answered. That felt weird to say too. But it was the truth.

Karen looked like she wasn't thrilled with the idea. Gatherings at his place seemed to have a general theme of returning home later than her usual curfew. Though, to be fair, it was a fair distance from where they lived. "Just call if you think you're going to be running late, alright?" she relented with a sigh. "Do you need a ride?"

"I've got it," Max replied. "Thanks, Mom." She hurried into her bedroom to gather a couple things before heading back down to the garage. She shot a text back to Aiden as she uprighted her bike and headed out.

I'm on my way.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote        
Bella had gotten the two kittens out of the tree first much to her displeasure. They weren't much kittens anymore they were almost fully grown now but Ima insisted on calling them kittens and exclaiming they needed help down. Now Bella was weeding Ima's garden and planting a new row of seeds that Ima wanted to see if she could grow. "More like see if I can grow them for you, you old hag." Bella had though using he fake smile the whole time.

"DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES AND INTO TO THE BACK OF MY DRAGULA." Bella's phone went off in her pocket with her horrendous music as Ima called it. She kept it loud to annoy Ima so she would be sent away. Bella nodded as she read the text Getting up from having planted the last seed. "heading there now" She typed back quickly handing Ima the gardening gloves and letting her know she had pressing matters to attend to. Ima had just nodded as Bella ran off climbing in her car after telling her parents where she was heading.

"Finally something to do other than keep that old hags mouth shut." She said as she drove off to find out what kind of assignment Malygris had for them.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
"Hmmmm...pfffffuuuhhhbbbtttt...ba ba ba bum...bop bop boo-boo-be do..."

Cindi had been clicking idly on the computer, wasting the day away. She wasn't even dressed. Most of her weekends were like this now. Her former friends had more or less abandoned her, something about 'not really looking the part' for their group anymore. And surprising even herself, she didn't really care. In a way, she felt free. She could dress any way she wished, she could enjoy her weekends.

Sadly, given that her closest friends were the more "indoorsy" types, she never really did get out much anymore. She sighed.

"Doo do dooooo-hm?" Her phone vibrated nearby. Cindi looked around her searching for her phone, finding it at her desk ont eh other side of the room. Between the desk and the bed where she lay propped up on her elbows was a sea of shirts, skirts, various pairs of jeans and shorts, and underwear.

"Awwwww it's all the way over there..." Cindi hoisted herself off of the bed as if she weighed two to three times her actual weight, trudging ankle-deep in clothes across the room. She plopped down in her chair and flipped her phone open, eyebrows raising at the message. "Oh...huh. That's new. Guess I should put on clothes..." her voice trailed off as she looked around the room, grimacing.

"...dammit," she muttered, mentally cursing herself for not having cleaned up sooner.

on my way. lemme put on some clothes.

She sifted through the piles, finding a short black dress with an angular pattern splayed from the hip. After sniffing to make sure it was clean, she pulled it on and gathered her phone and a small over-the-shoulder bag, and pulled on some black booties and made her way downstairs and out the door to the bus stop.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote        
Malygris leaned on his elbow, tilted in his chair. His other hand tapped impatiently on the arm rest. His charges would be on their way by now. It wouldn't be long before he could set his new plan into motion and get to the bottom of that impossible barrier. The human race shouldn't posses technology capable of even slowing him down, much less repelling him all together. By all means that ought to be impossible.

"They had best hurry..." he muttered absent-mindedly, still tapping on the arm-rest, gazing at the door.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote        
Red gave a deep sigh, lying on his back and staring up at the ceiling. The past few months had been rather...

...peaceful.

It appeared that, for the most part, that he was no longer apart of Malygris'...larger scheme, whatever that was. He was able to attend school, study, like a normal kid again. He even considered going out for the football team at his new school, for old time's sake.

But he hadn't. Well, he had. One practice.

He knocked a kid to the ground.

And that kid didn't get up.

For a day or two.

As much as he tried to run from it, or ignore it as it were, the aggression, the burning...it was still there. The mark, still there. The voices had subsided, they were mostly a low hum now, becoming easier to ignore. After that incident, they became loud again. Studying became difficult again. He sat in the church during choir practice, because the organ was loud enough to drown out the sounds. He narrowed his eyes and sighed. His chest hurt.

Then there was a vibration on his nightstand. Red turned over, reaching for the phone and sliding it open. His eyes widened slightly, and he read the text over and over again, sitting up in bed. His first reacting, a gut reaction, was to throw the phone across the room and lie back down. Ignore it. Maybe he won't text again. Maybe they don't actually need him. Maybe Aiden mis-texted by mistake. He checked the phone again.

He hadn't. And while the gut reaction was to stay in his room, cooped up, alone, safe, he knew well that should his presence truly be required...Aiden and Malygris would have it. Red traced his fingers gingerly over the mark on his chest and sighed, resigned.

He pulled on a t-shirt, his jeans, and sneakers, and walked out just in time to see the bus pull up, with Cindi sitting inside.

"...Hey."

"...Hey." Cindi's body tensed and Red entered the bus and sat down across from her. "...guess he called you too, huh?" SHe said without looking up.

"Yeah. 'Bout a minute ago." They sat in silence for a few more moments, and during those moments, Red had time to dwell, as he had many times before, upon the act that he still did not know how Cindi had gotten tied up in all of this. He knew that she went to school with Max and Bella, but that was it. Did they recruit her? Was this a word of mouth sort of thing? Why didn't they do to her what Aiden did to hi--he stopped mid-thought, remembering how it used to be. Red shook his head, his long bangs falling in his face. His hair hair reached about the back of his neck now.

"Hey..Cindi? You never told me...how'd you get wrapped up in all of this?"

Cindi's face fell, and her fingers began twisting and scratching at her hands. Needless to say, she was more than relieved when they pulled up in front of Broston, and giving her yet another chance to dodge his question.

"'ll tell ya later. We're here. Best not keep 'im waitin'," Cindi rose from her seat and strode out of the door, Red trailing reluctantly behind her.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
Jade emerged from the bedroom and into the kitchen, in a white tank and frayed shorts, her hair still wet from the shower. Her hair had grown out more, and while it wasn't back to its original length, it was long enough to pull back into a ponytail. She noticed Andrew at the stove, whipping up somethign for the two of them. She went up behind him, slinging her hands around his waist.

"I love that you cook."

Ever the romantic.

"Like you'd fuckin' know," she said through gritted teeth. She kissed the nape of his neck and sat down at the table, pulling out her phone to text her pari's.

Y'all awake? Training day.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
Corik's phone buzzed twice in the cup holder where he'd tossed it. He pulled up to the warehouse and grabbed his gym bag out of the back seat and pocketed his phone. The screen was hard to read in the daylight... a first-world problem if he ever had one. It looked like most of the team was already here. Hopefully he wasn't too late for the training day. He waved hello to Cyrel and nodded to Viola on his way to the locker room. He tossed his stuff on the bench and pulled out his phone to check the messages.

It was from Jade.
'Ya'll awake? Training day"

"huh... she has got to be the laziest person."

"We're all here skank. Where are you and the bo'friend?"

"Now that that's taken care of... I guess I could get warmed up or something." He pocketed his phone and headed back into the main room. Maybe he could get a few sparring matches in with Cyrel.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
Maxine still had a little ways to go once she spotted Broston Towers. She had long since removed her overshirt and tied it around her waist, leaving her in a simple black tank top. The sunlight and the breeze she made with her speed felt good against her bare arms. She was regretting her decision to bike in the hot afternoon instead of getting a ride. But it meant she didn’t need to pester her mother for a ride back it things ran late. And it was good exercise. She couldn’t slack off on that.

She pulled up to the building in time to see Red follow Cindi in. Knowing that she wasn’t too late, she let out a relieved sigh. Max dismounted her bike and locked it up. She ran her fingers through her hair to straighten it out a bit as she entered the building. Hopefully there would be something cool to drink up in Malygris’s room. Heck. Room temp would work just as well. Max stepped into the elevator wondering what the Misus wanted them to do this time.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote        
Aiden walked off of the bus that got him the closest to Malygris's penthouse. He didn't run into anyone he knew, because the route he took was a completely different one. Stepping off, he looked down and saw the texts from everyone else sent a few minutes ago. As he neared the towers, he started to wonder what everyone was being called for. The last few months had been relatively quiet, and while he liked the fact that it gave him time to work on his own projects, that means whatever this was had to be important.

He walked through the doors of Broston Towers and gave the woman at the desk a polite nod. She was used to seeing Aiden and his teammates and knew exactly who they were there to see, so she didn't ask questions anymore. He just walked past her and right to the elevator, pressing the appropriate buttons once he got inside.

The elevator went slowly upwards as he tapped his foot impatiently. He was running a tad late as it was, and he didn't want to be any later. The elevator stopped on his floor and he walked out and towards Malygris's door. When he got there, he knocked gingerly.

Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Jade's phone buzzed where she had left it on the table. She was apparently too absorbed in whatever thoughts were going through her head to notice. Luckily, breakfast was done so she'd snap out of it soon.

Taking the skillet off the stove and dumping their breakfast on to two plates, He placed it back on the stove and clicked off the burner.

"I love that I cook too." He replied, sliding her plate to her and grabbing her phone. "If I let you cook, you'd probably forget to add water to the fill line or something and set the microwave on fire."

Flipping open her phone, he saw the message from Corik.

"We're all here skank. Where are you and the bo'friend?"

An eyebrow arched in surprise; one, that Corik referred to him as "the bo'friend" and two, that they were so late.

Starting to cram his food down, he slid the phone back towards Jade.
"Shovel it in "skank," we gotta go!" he managed between bites, tossing his empty plate in the sink and running to go grab a shirt from his closet.

30 Minutes later, Andrew and Jade arrive at the warehouse, gravel sliding under the wheels of his motorcycle.