Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
This is *closed forever oops
Be sure and check the OoC for updates (there are none)!

*UPDATE* this shit is closed yo!

If you are interested, have questions, or want to submit a character, feel free to post in the OOC Thread!

---------------------------

Sailor Moon. Mermaid Melody. Tokyo Mew Mew. Winx Club. Pretty Cure. Pretty Cure Splash. PreCure 5. Pretty Cure Fresh. Heartcatch Pretty Cure.

And that Wedding Peach one.

If you were around in the nineties, you watched one of these. Probably.

--------------------------

Introduction:

Magical Girls. Cosmic warriors. Princesses and nobles of ethereal beauty. Keepers of peace, love, and truth. Limitless understanding of all elements.

Possesses otherworldly grace. Paragons of Justice.

Pfft. Yeah. Right. Maybe 20 years ago.

Being a Magical Girl isn't all it's chalked up to be.

--------------------------
RP Introduction:

This is an RP inspired by Magical Girl anime. You are a 13-17 year old girl or boy, chosen by one of the factions (Vilos or Misus) of the god-race known as the Anthropos, to fight the war they are waging for control of life on earth (it is implied that Earth is but one of the many battlefields of the Antrhopos).

However, being Magical isn't at all what it used to be. At your school, your identity and status of a Magical Girl is widely known by the students and in some cases, a few teachers. On top of furthering the agenda of the faction you represent, you must learn to balance your training with your everyday life.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote        

1. Follow Midorea's Rules.
2. This RP is advanced and literate. All posts must be past tense. Please post at least a paragraph. Also grammar is a must. And spelling. I'll try to supress my English major nonsense as much as possible, as this is an informal setting, but please read this handy guide concerning spelling and getting words confused: Spelling! (say it with a lisp, it makes it funnier). Note that is meant to be funny, not offensive. I make these mistakes too.
3. To quote Keanu Reeves, "Be excellent to each other." Since most of the characters are aged 13-18, I expect a little schoolyard bullying, which is fine. But no drama here, or in the OoC thread.
4. *update* This RP used to move notoriously fast, but due to the influx of what I like to call "real-world bullshit." Because of said bullshit, the RP has slowed considerably, and updates are now more sporadic, and I don't see it speeding back up anytime soon. It sucks, but the real-world stuff usually has to come first, whether it's jobs, a broken computer, familial stresses, school, or what-have-you. And that's fine. Take care of that stuff first, the RP will be here when you get back Happy
5. If you have an idea for your character that involves another player's character, please PM them about it first, or if you aren't sure about whether or not the idea would work, PM me about it. But don't insert your character into another player's plot line without asking first, it's impolite.
6. Because this is my first RP, expect some mistakes. I worked really hard on this, but it's by no means perfect. I'll try to pick up the slack as much as I can, and and very open to any suggestions or help you are willing to offer! Just post them here.

Please visit the OOC thread BEFORE your intro post! Much of the information concerning the setting is given there, as are many of the answers to any questions you may have. If you look at the OOC thread and still have a question, either post it there or PM me.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote        

Here is the form to fill out for your character. PM it to me, and I'll approve it for the RP, and post it in the OOc thread. Each player may have ONE magical Girl***, and up to two non magical girl characters.
Also, in terms of age, I'd prefer if Magical Girl ages didn't go below 13, and not past 17, but if you insist that your character be of a certain age, PM me. Any other questions concerning character creation that you're unsure about, PM me before you make the character. Wouldn't want you to put in a whole bunch of work and then not be able to use him/her.

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] ((Chracter's name))
[b]Age:[/b] ((His/her age))
[b]Gender:[/b]*
[b]Height:[/b] ((How Tall))
[b]Weight:[/b] ((How heavy))
[b]Skills:[/b] ((What skill your character plans to take: Physical, Mental, or Social))
[b]Element:[/b]  ((Chosen after skills training))
[b]Attacks:**[/b]
[b]Transformation Trinket:[/b] Will be given to you upon completion of skills training.
[b]Alignment:[/b] ((Vilos or Misus or unaligned. The last one is meant for normal people your girl interacts with during everyday life. friends, family, teachers, other students, etc. You may have up to two other characters, but only ONE magical girl))
[b]Physical Description:[/b] ((What does he/she look like))
[b]Mental/Personality Description:[/b] ((How do he/she think, what is his/her personality))
[b]District of Residence[/b] ((Heartsborough or Ironbridge))
[b]School currently attending:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b] ((His/her history. How and when were they approached? How did they react? How long have they been training? How has this effected his her life?))
[b]Sene:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Magical Messenger:[/b]

*Notice I put gender. This is mostly for NPC characters, but you can have a magical girl/boy who is male. The Antrhopos may have unending cosmic abilities, but those abilities always have a catch. Block on Magical boys has been lifted, so if you would like to have one, feel free.

**Added Attacks! Magical Girls of Pari Rank start with one, and get another as training goes on (I'll usually denote that), Sene's have two! Make sure to call them out when you use them in character!

...and at your computer. You know, for good measure.

***Players may have one magical girl/boy per faction, Vilos/Misus messenger, and as many NPC's as they like, as long as they can keep up with them.

****Update: As far as where your character should be in terms of progression, the idea is that you should be brand spankin' new in terms of having all of your abilities. You should start at level one. However, I realize how this can put a limit on what your characters do, and as of now, kinda slows the story a bit, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that if your profile is well written, creative,a nd provides a good backstory for me to work with, I'll work around certain strictures. The only thing I'ma set a limitation on is Rank. We have enough Sene's right now, so please don't ask to be one.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote        

Atraea
Jade Jonquil - Sene
Epol
Ivan Proctor
Marisol Esparanza
Redmond "Red" Cullough
Cynthia "Cindi" Amorelli
Nephytis - Misus Villain

Keylaleigh
Viola Blake - Sene
Lenta
Aiden Houlton - Pari

KoyiTar
Cyrel - Pari
Varia
Bellasandra LaCrux

Maeve
Aimee Cotton - Pari
Eil

NuklearSamurai
Corik Boreas - Pari
Gav
Malygris - Villain
Andrew Nelys - Sene
Len

Tsemara
Maxine "Max" Buckland

Leingod
Drei McCloud

Dimitri Luger
Adrian Nicholas Menniker
Richter

Profiles can be found here and here.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote        

GUV'MENTは私の魔法を取った!モルダーとスカリーを呼んで!
GUV'MENT TOOK MY MAGIC! CALL MULDER AND SCULLY!

retranslated:
GUV'MENT took my magic!

Calling Mulder and Scully!

...That is literally the most accurate the translator has ever been about anything.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote        

It's mostly narrative style (i.e, type your actions, etc), but when you perform an action that could have a good or bad out come, bold it, and type "..." at the end of the sentence. An example:

Quote:
Jade drunkenly sped the Zamboni across the rink, and toward Epol...

The bold font will indicate which action I will roll the dice for, and I will roll for the person making the action, as well as the person/thing being acted upon. I'm using a d100 on a dice generator. FYI, here's how I'll be judging the rolls I make:

Negatives
Anything 51 and above, will be a NEGATIVE effect. 51-75 is a slight botch, 76-89 a pretty decent botch, and anything in the 90's you're pretty screwed. If you're luck is awful enough that day to where I roll a perfect 100 on your action...you're gonna be fucked six ways from Sunday. Now don't fret, I won't kill your character off if I roll a 100, but your character will be knocked out for the rest of the battle, and seriously wounded, and need to recover for at least one battle. Or maybe the wound was serious enough to where they will need to recover for awhile (that will be mostly up to you though).

Positives
Anything 25-50 is a slight success, 12-24 is a moderate success, 1-11 holy shit, you're havin' a great day, and a perfect 0, Lady Luck is at your side spoon feeding you your favorite dessert. So to speak. Essentially that last one is an instant kill, and if it happens to a character that is really in no position to kill anything super strong (i.e., Cyrel getting a 00 against Malygris or something), I'll make the defeat as silly as possible.

Going on with the previous example:
Quote:
Jade drunkenly sped the Zamboni across the rink, and toward Epol...

(Jade rolled a 51, but Epol rolled a 75)
Quote:
Jade's drunk driving only manages to bump Epol slightly, but due to the slipperiness of the ice, Epol slips and falls, bruising his tailbone

Obviously in battle the consequences will be far more dire, but you get the idea. If not just let me know what you don't understand and I'll try and clear it up for you. Also, I'll quote the action that I am rolling for, and will state how each person rolled like in the above example.

Because it has been asked about more than once, I've decided to add Elemental weaknesses. Here is a chart displaying the weaknesses, and the modifiers I will use for rolls.

Elemental Weaknesses:

Dice Modifiers:
Elements weak against another element, I.E Wind vs. Earth, when direct control of the elements are involved, 5~10 points would be subtracted from the stronger elemental roll.
Example 1. Corik shoots Wind Blast at Bella, who guards with a hastily erected dirt wall.

Dice roll, Corik 46, Bella 43.
At this phase, Bella wins.

Then add modifiers,
Corik 46-10 = 36, Bella 43
Resulting in Corik winning the action.

For purely physical interactions, regular dice rolls will be used.

Many thanks to Nuklearsamurai for finding this handy chart and thinking up modifiers!

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
Black/Graylist

This is for players who have been suspended or otherwise taken a self-imposed hiatus from the RP.

Current Players Greylisted:
Leingod
Maeve
DimitriLuger

Current Players Blacklisted:

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
reserved

*update* why did I reserve this space. I never used it.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
It is about 5:30 pm, on a Monday in Kentopolis. The citizens downtown are getting off of work, while their children are coming home from their after school activities, doing homework and the like. A majority of students at Millen-Kent University have finished class, and there are only a few people walking the campus, on their way to Cafeterias, night classes, or study groups in the library. The dorms are on the east side of the large, fertile campus, while the apartments are on the west. It is in these apartments, in room 111, where Jade, a rather disgruntled college student and Magical Girl resides. Right about now, she's just finished her reading for class, and is about to have a little something before she has dinner...

*Clink. Clink-clinka*
"...hrmmm. Come on..."
Jade shuffled through the fridge. She could've sworn she'd bought her nightcaps day before yesterday, and she'd only drank two of them...or three of them? Surely she had at least one left...
*Clink-dink*
"There it is. Hidin' behind the milk." Jade pulled out the shiny green glass bottle,closed the fridge and went to the drawer, fumbling through them for a bottle opener. "I really need to buy ones that go on your keychain..."

...The bottom drawer.

Jade froze a minute, then gave a heavy sigh. "Ya know, Epol, just because you're omnipresent doesn't mean you can just drop in uninvited."
*psssh-k. Pop* Jade opened the bottle and took a swig.

You're going through those rather quickly

"Tch. How quickly I go through something I bought with my own money is no concern of yours."

...That is not really your money, it is the monthly allowance your parents give you to buy groceries so you do not starve. And may I remind you that is on top of the money that Ivan-

"Oh for christ sake, the hell do you want anyway? Can't even drink a goddam..."

We've contacted your Pari.

Jade swallowed hard, coughing a little bit. She slowly set her Heineken down on the counter, and removed her necklace, holding it in front of her face with two fingers. Ever since Jade achieved Sene before she left for college, the Vilos had given her a new Transform Trinket, matching outfit, as a sort of graduation present. What they didn't tell her is that this also worked as a communicator, and that they'd assigned her a personal Vilos member to act as a messenger and snitch, which could contact her at anytime. She narrowed her eyes at the green drop dangling from the chain she held.

"...my what now?"

We contacted your Pari. Your Pupil. Your student. Since you have slipped in your training recently, due to that which is sitting on the counter, we, the Vilos Faction of the Anthropos, have taken it upon ourselves to assign you students to train. Training the students will help you train in turn, and get you back on your feet, and...

Jade rolled her eyes. She hated when Epol got all high and mighty, addressing the Vilos and by extension himself (or at least she thought it was a he) in such an unecessarily grandiose manner. She growled and slammed her free hand down on the counter, making the beer bottle bounce slightly. "Now see here, I did NOT agree to anything like this, and if you think for one minute I'ma have a bunch of 14 year old brats in MY apartment-"

That apartment is not actually yours either...

"SHUT UP! THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT AND YOU KNOW IT. IF YOU-" Jade stopped, took a few breaths, and her voice became deadly calm. "If you think that I'ma be teachin' ANYBODY, ANYTHING, you are SORELY mistaken."

The drop grew silent. Jade smirked, filling up with the satisfaction that she had won.

...We've given her directions to your apartment. The Sene that lives above you has her name, contact information, and profile. It would be wise of you to go retrieve it.

Jade's smirk faded, and was replace by a look of sheer bewilderment. "...Bu-but...But I..."

She is expecting your call today. Training is to ebgin immeadiately, so call her and set up a time to meet tomorrow.

There was a pause.

Jade, you have grown so much since we first recruited you. You are an asset not only to us in out fight against the Misus, bu the human race. It is imperative that you take your training and that of your student seriously. We have grown fond of you these past few years, but we grow tired of your indolence. This is your last chance. Know the consequences if you do not live up to expectations.

"...I...uhm..."

Also, your drink spilled when you slammed the counter, and it is getting onto the floor.

The glowing pendant seemed to blink out before Jade could get a word in. My last...chance? What are they talking abou- Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard something dripping speedily from the counter onto the floor. She glanced at her last bottle of beer, it's contents all over the counter and the floor. Jade squeezed her eyes shut, about to blow a gasket, but then she stopped, took some more breaths, her rage subsiding. She cut her eyes at the bottle, glaring at it accusingly. Her look softened, and she sighed.

"...god dammit." She grabbed a rag from the drawer and cleaned the mess up, and threw the bottle away. "That would happen to my last bottle. Ah well..." She glanced skyward, at the ceiling. Viola moved in when the second semester started. Jade remembered because she introduced herself the day she moved in. She didn't outright say she was a magical girl, or a Sene, but it became apparent when Jade found out when the other residents asked about her.

~Flashback~
In Jade's Women's Literature class, talking to a classmate

"Viola? Yeah, she lives above me. We talk sometimes, I guess. Why?"

"Well, she introduced herself to you, right?"

"...Yyyyess? She probably introduced herself to everyone though. Seemed the sort."

"Really? Well, she didn't. Just you. I've got a friend who lives next door to her, and she said she hasn't spoken to anyone on her floor. Didn't it seem weird to you that she'd introduce herself to you, someone who lives a floor below her, and no one else? Did you know her before or something?"

"...No. No I didn't...huh."

~End Flashback~

"Viola...hm. might as well go see what the other Sene's got for me. Maybe she'll give me a ride to the store if she's inna good mood."

Jade pulled on some regular clothes, A red V-neck top, jeans, and frayed shorts. On her feet she wore black flats. She grabbed her keys and phone, and headed out the door.
[/i]

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
Cyrel went through her movements. She kept getting distracted looking towards the phone. Every time she did her grandfather would land a hit and they would start over again.

"Now now you mustn't let this call you are to receive distract you from your other responsibilities. Magical girl or not you are still my granddaughter and will eventually take over my Dojo so stop being distracted.

he grandfather said as she took her position on the mat for the fifth time. "I know gramps but that training is to important. Besides it's been two months since I was told about my powers and I am finally getting a Sene after all this time. I can't help but be slightly distracted." She said to her grandfather starting her movements again.

She had been told earlier that day on her way home from school to expect a call from her Sene. She had looked around forever to figure out who had been talking to her, only to find it was a cat a rather odd looking cat but a cat none the less.

Since she had gotten home she had been starring at the phone waiting for it to ring. Her grandfather seeing her constant distraction even after her homework had been completed her grandfather decided it was time to begin their evening training. It was earlier than normal but she agreed to it anyway knowing she couldn't have turned him down anyway.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
Jade left the room and locked the door. She made her way down the breezeway, to the iron outdoor staircase that split the building. She went up to room 211, Viola's room, right above her own. Just before she knocked on the door, it occurred to her that this was probably more than a coincidence, and that the Vilos probably put her here. Though, at the same time, if that was indeed the case, why not just put her next door?

That would probably be easier...no, wait. Too conspicuous. Hm.

Though Magical Girls were known by most of the human race (though each culture accepted them with varying degrees), many made it a point to keep their identities secret. In the beginning it was seen as a personal preference; there were some who liked the idea of being a local celebrity and superhero. But after awhile, the Vilos began to see the benefits of having the Pari's and Sene's secret, namely, it made them harder to find by Misus. If there was one parading about like a celebrity, well...
On top of that, Pari's were far more common place among Magical Girls than Sene's. To make it to Sene rank was an extremely difficult, time consuming, and taxing task, and many Pari's either weren't cut out for the training and failed to make it, or just quit training altogether, letting the Vilos boot them out.

Heh...probably woulda done that sooner if I knew I could...

When it dawned on her that she had been standing at the door for about 5 minutes straight, she mentally shook herself from her thoughts, and knocked on the door.

...Ah well. Too late now.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
Viola was busy eating a quick supper when she heard the knock. Sighing, she looked over at the door, wondering who would be coming over. The warmth of her cameo gave her a clue, though. It was most likely the Sene that she was supposed to watch over.

Watching over a Sene seemed quite funny to the young woman. This was a senior magical girl the Vilos were talking about, not some greenleaf. What kind of guidance or discipline did she need? Then again, she did go introduce herself to the woman... Jade, her name was?... and she did seem sort of unusual. Her voice was slurred, and there were a few suspicious-looking bottles on the counter. But still, why did they send her? Wasn't there some other Sene that would rather do the job? Viola shook her head. Most likely not. They all had Pari to look over. Viola didn't. She didn't know if she ever would.

When she got the information about the local pari, she was so excited... until she found out it was for somebody else. That was a tad disheartening. But she had been told by the Vilos that while the Sene chosen to train the girl was strong, Viola was the responsible one. It would've gotten lost with the prior.

Viola finally got up and opened the door. Sure enough, the other Sene was there. "Oh! Hello there, come in!" She held the door open wider, revealing her small apartment. It was mostly bookcases, with a few chairs, a futon, and a small table. There was no television. No need for that when she had years worth of reading material.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
((the futon. Quintessential college furniture XD))

"Yeah, hey." Jade stepped into the apartment, looking around at all the books. Dang. She must really like to read. Wonder if she's got any Byronic stuff...Jade mentally shook herself again, reminding herself that she had business.

"Hey, uhm," she pointed to her pendant. "Smartass says you have some info on a Pari for me? I need to get her file so I can call her up and schedule the training sessions and such. Not entirely sure what all I'm supposed to teach her though...not an education major, heh." She put a hand to the back of her neck, rubbing it while half chuckling at her attempt at a college joke.

She stood in the apartment awkwardly, noting how it was generally nicer looking than hers. Jade was no slob, but she wasn't the most organized person. Everything here was in an order, and had a definite place. Jade furrowed her brow at the thought of everything having a place. "Hrm." I need a drink... She went over to one of the bookshelves, and pulled a book.. "D'ya mind?" she said, already flipping through it idly. "So...where ya from?" Jade was still looking down at the book, which appeared to be math, which was in no way her forte, so she put it back in its proper place. She put her hand to her upper arm, trying to relax, so as to not show how uncomfortable fidgety she was getting. She squeezed her arm, and bit her bottom lip.
Need to take the edge off...

((Sorry it's short, but I have a final tomorrow and REALLY should be studying for that Duh))[/i]

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote        
"Yes, yes." Viola walked over to a small file folder and pulled out a manila envelope. It had no writing on the front of it, but she knew exactly what it was for. "Right here." She placed the envelope on the table. "I didn't open it." She sighed. Curiosity almost got the better of her a few times, but the information was not hers, so she dared not look at it. She was the type to prize other people's privacy. "And if you need any help with teaching or training, I'm around to help. After all, I am an education major." She chuckled. "Elementary ed, but it'll still help out."

She saw the unease of the other young woman, and instinctively went towards the stove. "Want some tea? I was just about to put the kettle on." She smiled. Sure, she seemed a tad old-fashioned, but that was the way she liked to live. One day she would get out of college, teach first grade somewhere, and live in a cozy little cottage with a few cats.

She glanced over at the book that the woman had picked up. "Not at all. As long as you put it back." She glanced quckly at the book that she picked up. It was a nonfiction work on Egyptian Mythology. One she had flipped through a few times, and it was starting to look quite worn.

She never ignored the question, though. "I'm not far from here, actually. I live in the Ironbridge area." She sighed as she said those words. Most area magical girls knew that Ironbridge was where the enemy faction got their troops. And she had been one of them in the past. That was the past, though. She was way beyond that.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
"Tea? Uh...sure, why not. Thanks." Jade took the folder and opened it, scanning through the preliminary info on the first page, mumbling to herself. "Cyrel...from Heartsborough...goes to Cecilia Blair? Hm. Heard about that place in high school. A snooty bunch from what I've heard...let's hope she's an exception, because I don't deal with uppity too well. Grandfather owns a tai chi dojo huh? Interesting. 'Excels in physical skills,' well, I won't have to teach her much about actual fighting then, that's good..."

As she read more background on the girl, Jade wondered aloud, "The hell else am I gonna teach this girl that she doesn't already know? Says she's been training since she was five. We can't just go to the Vilos and be all, 'Hey, uh, yeah, she pretty much knows everything already, so we're just gonna jump into the magical shit, so, can we have her trinket early?' Man...what have I gotten myself into..."

Her pendant glowed and a voice echoed in her head.

There are things other than fighting you can teach her you know. And the Sene did say she would help you. Use your brain, We know you have got one.

"Wow, NO ONE ASKED YOU. AT ALL." Jade quickly covered her mouth, realizing just how loudly she had said that.

Well We wouldn't know who you were asking, you said the question out loud, without addressing anyone directly.

Jade stuttered a bit, then put a hand to her head in aggravation, flopping down on the futon. "If I have something to ask you, I'll 'address you directly.' Until then, would ya do me a favor and keep outta my shit? Okay?"

...Fine. We suppose it is better that way actually. How else are you supposed to learn? Yes, an abject lesson is preferable. We will make note of this for future use. Carry on then.

The glow faded, and Jade gave an exasperated sigh. She looked at Viola. She was at the stove, preparing the tea. Everything was in place. Calm, collected. All together. ...The hell does she do that? Jade glanced at the floor, thinking. I hate when Epol's right. She turned in her seat, so that she was facing Viola. "H-hey, uh...you said you actually were an Ed. major, right? Uh...look, this is my first Pari, and I really can't afford to mess this up...could you...I dunno, help me out for the first few sessions? Like, just until I get the hang of it ya know?"
Her eyes fell to her hands, which were now rubbing at her thighs, lightly tugging at the frayed ends of her shorts. "I...I never had a Sene. I did all my training on my own. It was...it was really hard. Figuring out how do do everything, and do it right. I did everything the hard way. It helped me out a bit in the end, because it made my Sene tests go a bit smoother. But with every first attempt at something, I always thought 'Is there really no one around to teach me this kind of crap?' But then, I never asked. I just went on until I found a way that worked for me."

Jade then looked up, a weak smile on her face. "I remember the first time I got my old trinket, for transformation. They were these hair clips." Jade made a pinching gesture in the air, to illustrate their size and shape. "It took me forever to figure out how to get the transformation work, and to do it quickly...I never realized how much concentration it took. I practiced in the wooded area, on my parent's property out in Lyndmill, and I can't tell you how many times I stopped mid-transformation because something broke my focus; a bird tweeting, crunching of leaves...I slipped one time, and got dirt on the half of my outfit that I managed to transform into, heh." Jade chuckled at the memory of running into the house, and starting at the laundry machine, trying to figure out whether magical outfits were hand washable, if she made the water too hot would the colors run into the other clothes already in the washer, and if she put bleach in, if the color would fade. "It's really hard to tune everything out. I ended up having to sing a song, or listen to music to help focus. Even now, I hum the same song when I do it: Kylie Minogue's 'Come Into My World,' but only the remixed version that Fischerspooner did, haha. It's silly."

Jade realized she was rambling, but somehow, she didn't really care. She'd never told anyone this kind of thing, but then she never had another Sene to talk to either. It felt good getting all this off her chest. She looked back up at the other woman at the stove. "Sorry, rambling. So whaddaya say? Will ya help me out? I'm sure there's some stuff you can teach me too while we're at it, haha!" Jade blinked suddenly, as she realized how long it's been since she laughed without any trace of spite. "Hey, you said you were from Ironbridge? I think I had a friend that moved there, a loooonnnng time ago. A little before I got my powers actually. Could never get in touch with her once she moved though..."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread