Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
evercharmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote        

I don't see why there has to be two categories. We can just have male and
female in one category.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
There could be two for more prizes. ;p But I do agree. I'd just host it for the humor honestly.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote        
evercharmer wrote:
Mary Sue contest like who can make the biggest one or like who has the biggest Mary Sue already?

Probably who can make the biggest one, since it's impossible to know who already had such a character (unless they have already talked about it somewhere). Though, if someone wanted to enter an old character, I have no problem with it. =)

Well, at least from my role-playing experience, a Mary-Sue and the male version, usually called Gary-Stu, are pretty different from each other.
The female is the prettiest girl, of course, but she's also a great helper and way too intelligent for a normal human being (which doesn't always show in her actions, but meh). She can cure anything and can chase any depression with a clap of her hand. She usually is a secondary character, since Gary-Stu tends to be the main.
Gary is just as pretty as Mary-Sue, usually being extremely athletic without ever needing to train. He can kill anything just by touching them with his little finger, even if he had never learnt any sort of martial art. He can dodge any hit, survive any wound and finish every thing before it's time to go to his romantic dinner with Mary-Sue. He is usually a rebel, though he's also a bit emo at time. And his hair are always perfect.

So I vote for a prize for male and one for female (and people could enter both category if they want anyway) ^^
I can help with the setting/prizes if you want, Chu Big Grin

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote        
I have Mary sues....gah..

I was looking at this again...I might try it...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote        
Oh, then I'll definately enter. Old Giovanni is really like the hugest Gary
Stu (honestly, though, he's slightly like a Mary Sue, so I'm not sure where
he goes. No, he's definately a Gary.

He's like, really bad. It'll be great, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quote        
Thanks, Maeve. I wasn't exactly sure how to put the differences between Marys and Garys in words. I just knew that they were different.

The reward for greatest Mary-Sue of all time, though, goes to Ebony Raven Darkness Dementia Way of the infamous My Immortal fanfiction. If you've never heard of it, I suggest giving the first chapter a look. That's usually enough to send most good authors into some sort of fit and conniption.

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote        
i would totally enter this contest if you make it hahaha. i wonder what abomination my mind could create... >:3

also, when i first began roleplaying when i was like 11 it was on the really old official harry potter forum, like when the first movie came out or something, i dont know.

but anyway, my mum roleplayed there long after i left and the place got over run with marys and garys. some amazing person made a new house for them at Hogwarts... it was pink, its symbol was a unicorn and it was called "SparklyPoo" Hai

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote        
OH MY GOD! I'd totally be part of the Sparklypoo house. It sounds AMAZING!

I did HP roleplaying when I was younger, but I always played the new DADA professor. I'm not exactly sure how Mary Sue-ish she was, though... I'll go check.

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote        
hehe the first piece of fanart i ever got was of my HP character, in a comic strip based on one of our roleplays XD that place was spontaneous, no plots, just madness and fun!

my character was named Bianca, she was a first year student i think in ravenclaw? maybe gryffindor tho, i cant remember... my memory is awful haha. and she had a lazy wolf for a pet whose name was Barry 8D hehehee.... im pretty sure i named him after a character from this weird old tv show called Dont Eat The Neighbours XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote        
@Maeve: Y'know, your long-winded definitions of Mary-Sue and Gary-Stu are accurate, but I usually define them as "Bella" and "Edward". xP

But that sounds great, Maeve. I honestly don't care whether there's one or two categories. To meet a comprimise, we could have first, second, and third place winners for both male and female, and then an overall winner.

@Keylaleigh: I think I'll go check it out. ;p I'm pretty masochistic when it comes to reading bad fanfictions.

@ecco: Have you read the comic about that? XD All of the maries had foreign colored eyes and hair, and one of them was half-neko, half-demon, half-ninja, and half-human or something like that. xP It was hilarious.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.fanpop.com/external/11383578

EDITEDIT: Oh, I was wrong. She had a lot of off-the-wall relations with original characters. xP

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
hehehe bizarre XD great though <3

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote        
Of course, the pink-haired catgirl is the last of her kind... I love Mary Sues, even if only to mock them relentlessly.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote        
@ Chu -> That's exactly what I thought after re-reading my post XP

Sounds fine ^^ Three top places for both gender, and then a death match between the top-Mary and top-Gary to see who wins. I'm pretty sure Gary will, since he can dodge everything, but we'll see XD

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote        
no no no maeve, mary will win, because her indescribable good looks and charm will render him incapable of attack as he will fall hopelessly in love with her...

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
The finalists should have a timed write-off in the private roleplaying forum or something. xP