Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote        
"Well then, hello Rorfen." She frowned a little, hoping she pronounced it correctly. Xiuyin then grinned. "Yes. Let us go do that." She looked at the figure in the distance. She couldn't see exactly what it was at the moment, but she was sure it wasn't a mirage. Then again, Xiuyin had no idea as to what a Mirage even was. She lived in the city all her life, and in rather cool climates, so she had never experienced such heat before.

At that moment, she realized that, despite the lack of sun, the heat was beating down on her. She then wished that she had more cover than what she was wearing. At least a hat or something. She sighed. No use worrying about that now. Maybe the figure in the distance had a better idea as to where they were and if there was any form of civilization nearby.

If there was civilization, she could figure out a way to acquire the bare essentials, like clothing made for the weather, food, water... and hopefully a new pair of claws. They took her weapons away from her before the execution, and she felt naked without them.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote        
Rorfen, however, was not as collected as the girl that now accompanied him. He moved a hand to his evenstar, ready for combat. Ever since he was a calf ((a baby elephant lol)), the first thing he was taught was that you can only trust your family. Every other creature, be it Loxo or human or even the gentler fey, wants something from you, and it is your honor to defend what is rightfully yours.
He did his best to compose himself, however. First impressions were always the most important, and in all honesty, he felt that this girl he hardly knew was all the family he had at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
-Finally reaching down the slope, the female examined both the newcomers. It was such an unfortunate event that they were to land here of all places. A sigh passed through her lips as her toes wiggled under the sand, feeling the grain in between them. Her eyes wandered over both, taking in one wasn't human at all. This was a surprise on its own as she examined the gargantuan being. Where those tusks on him..and a trunk?! It seemed as if she was staring at an elephant man, quite literally! Blinking at how he was on guard, her vision trailed down until it met that of the female's. She seemed to be human, but then again, she could be wrong. It was slightly annoying at how far she had to search go and search for the dead. Another sigh left her lips as she began to approach the two.-

"Calm down now, you don't have to be so defensive." She said in a soft voice, though it had a tinge of annoyance behind it. "Let's get introductions out of the way, hmm? I'm Rin. Rin Yamazaki. How about you there?"

-Rin was now staring back up at the gargantuan being, wondering if he was a violent one. She could be wrong though and wondered if it was a distraction while the other female may attack her instead. Rin couldn't seem to care right now as she clasped her fingers together and stretched, cracking her fingers and elbows in the process. Still awaiting a response, and in her own little daze, she wondered if there were any oasis around here? The female smirked at this thought. Why would she be wondering such a thing? It wasn't like she could sense it. Rin decided after telling these two about this world was when they would start their trek. After all, there wasn't any other transportation method around here.-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Rorfen relaxed a bit. His gut told him that by her lax appearance, she wasn't looking for a scuffle.
"Tuskbrae. Rorfen Tuskbrae." He wasn't sure how to proceed in this situation.
She seemed oddly comfortable in a land that was obviously nowhere on the planet.
A native?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote        
"And I'm Xiuyin Zhang." She gave another polite bow. "Nice to meet you, Rin." Xiuyin was taught to always be polite to strangers, no matter who they were. It always left a good impression, and then whenever you caused your trouble, they would be less likely to think it was you. It was the lesson that kept her alive the longest when she was actually living.

"So... where are we, exactly?" She asked, looking around. She took her bandanna off of her forehead and mopped her brow with it and shoving it in her pocket. She was probably going to be using it quite a bit until she got something better. She then did her best to move her bangs from her forehead. She hated hair in her eyes.

Leingod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
Arell honestly couldn't stop shaking in his boots. He couldn't explain it. He is considered the most feared being to walk the planet back in his home town, and here he was, shaking in pure fear at just one yokai before him. Arell...the same guy who laughs in the face of danger, runs head on towards an entire army, infiltrates countless fortresses on his his own without any back up what so ever, and earned a title of being a one man wrecking crew...is now experiencing something he has never experienced his entire life. He only waited in horror to see what the male was going to do...

"Wait...that's it? Sheesh...I'm glad he didn't throw a rampage...other wise we all would have been screwed." Arell sighed in relief, and even though the yokai returned back to his quarters, he was still shaking a little. He had to smack himself to snap out of it, and looked at Tachi for a few seconds..and realized that he was actually nervous as hell. Honestly, he didn't know what to say about the situation...except for having a good laugh. That's exactly what Arell did too. He laughed hard about what had happened, despite how scary it appeared.

"Oh my god! You should have seen your face!" Arell was cracking up at this point. "You seriously looked like you were going to shit on yourself!" The young fox fell to the floor and was still laughing hard.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
Within the Palace walls...

-Tachi stared off at the doors closing behind his lord, not quite sure if that was the only reason he came out. People within the facility turned their gazes upward at Arell who was now hysterically laughing. They were still shaking, though quickly shook off this daze and proceeded to continue training. They had seen it too many times before and were slightly accustomed to this. Tachi glanced back at the person now laughing at the situation, wondering just what had come over him? Was it because this being finally felt fear? Tachi didn't have the ability to read emotions, though he smiled anyway when he mentioned how he looked as if he was about to unload himself in his very own pants. The thought very appalling, though humorous in this situation and gave a slight chuckle.-

"I may look as if I would have shit my pants, but not as much as you who seem to have almost missed his mark." The yokai laughed at this and shook his head.

-After a few moments of laughing, the yokai shook his head and smirked at his new found pupil. This was truly going to be interesting. He had never trained someone as skilled as he and found it a great challenge to teach him the true element he was wielding. Figuring he would need more space instead of this shredded up corridor, Tachi motioned Arell to follow him as he began to proceed toward the stairs leading to the lower training grounds.-

"No need to train in an area that's demolished. We shall get you started right away in learning how to tap into the energy you just did momentarily." the yokai stated, though a question now popping into mind. "Any questions before we reach our own sector?"

Elsewhere in a desert...

-Rin gave a nod at the two, noting how the male seemed to relax when he saw her. After hearing both names, and observing them, she figured that these two had probably a few moments ago before she spotted them. It must have been this since people would normally freak out after an entire day had passed. Unsure about this, the female yokai folded her arms and walked up a little closer to them, feeling more at ease now that the gargantuan being had seemed to have relaxed. It didn't bother her much if he did try to hit her, but just the fact she would have to do something about it didn't settle too well.-

"We'll get to that in a few moments and thank you for being...civil. Tell me, when did you both get here?" the female asked in a calm voice.

-She was now only a few feet in front of them, scars that weren't visible from afar now able to be seen. A long thin, curved scar stretched from the center of her belly up along the curve of her hip and seemed to stretch toward her back. The other was along the left side of her neck in a vertical fashion and stretched down past her collar bone. They were faint, but visible. Her purple eyes gazed at the two, catching the sight of the female starting to sweat. This wasn't good. Why of all places were they sent here?-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
Rorfen gave a small grunt. He turned to show her the large, tight patch of skin where the ballista bolt had skewered him in the back. Now close enough to exam him, what appeared to be freckles or birth marks on his gray skin were the remnants of small puncture wounds.
"I remember caving a gate upon itself when a cloud of arrows came down upon me. The next thing I knew, I bore the brunt of a siege weapon and found myself here. I would tell you how long I've been here, but it appears the Sun no longer exists, and I'm afraid that is my only method of discerning the time of day."
Rorfen was surprised to find that not only did his new collection of war scars not surprise either of his new companions, but that they seemed to not hurt. Even the mark where a bolt two grown men would have trouble picking up was not the least bit raw. He decided looking a gift horse in the mouth would lead him to something he wasn't particularly interested in, though, and he didn't inquire.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 am Reply with quote        
Xiuyin looked over at Rorfen. So he was a warrior as well. A little different compared to her, but still, a warrior all the same. If they ever ended up in a tight spot, she hoped that he would come through for her, with her being all weapon-less at the moment.

Once again, Xiuyin's hand went to the scar on the back of her neck. "I used to be a kind of... liberator character to the oppressed of the world. It was the job of my partner and I to go and destroy tyrants from the inside out. Unfortunately, we were becoming famous and one of the barons knew that we were coming. We were caught before we even walked in the gate. My partner, well... I have no clue what happened to him, but I was brought in and greeted with a public beheading."

She sighed. "I don't know exactly how long I've been here, but it hasn't been too long. A few minutes at the most." She took her bandanna again. "I'm not used to these temperatures."

Leingod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
"Ahhh...good one, good one." Arell acknowledged the fact that he was no better in his station than Tachi was. Still, that was a good laugh none the less. Perhaps he was destined to come here..and maybe his personal mission isn't to simply take it over like he always did in his past life. Instead...his newest mission is to grow strong, maintain his newest abilities that he will learn, and one day return to his very own realm. There he will take over his territory that he has lost, and collect the head of his brother as his trophy.

Getting up off the ground, he nodded his head at Tachi's suggestion on going to an area where they could just let lose...since doing that here will be a terrible idea. He took a quick scan to see that the other trainees were still scared out of their minds, while resuming their training. Arell couldn't help but smirk to himself...sure he was scared as hell too when he saw such a fearsome demon that had ungodly destruction at the palm of his hand...but it was a good feeling. The only time he's ever felt that scared of someone, was...well....nobody if you exclude that momentarily fear that past him while he was dying in the hands of his brother.

When he heard Tachi's voice again, he snapped back into reality. Now that he thought about it, he had a few things he'd like to figure out that still puzzled him. Sure, he knew about this new location...but what didn't make sense was that...he was a tyrant while he lived. Someone as bad as he is deserves a bitch smack to hell from god himself. So why was he sent here instead of straight to hell? The second thing he wanted to know was this suit of armor. He certainly wasn't wearing one when he died. In fact, he never really wore any armor in his life. His aura WAS his armor, and his weapons alone. Granted that this armor doesn't hinder his abilities which he is thankful for...he still wants to know how he got it, and why he must have it on. He was debating weather or not to take it off. (Armor is his limiter) Finally....his last mystery was if there was a way to travel freely between realms.

"Yeah...I have about three of em." Arell finally spoke when he figured out what he wanted to know. "One...why wasn't I sent straight to hell itself, despite all the bad shit that I've done? And trust me...I've done A LOT of bad shit. Two...where did this armor come from? I never wore armor in my life time. I'm thankful that its easy to move in and all...but I know for a fact that I didn't have this on when I died...and three, is it possible to travel between realms freely once your strong enough?" Arell probably had more along the line, but decided that these were the most important.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
Rorfen looked down at Xiuyin. He almost found it amusing how vocal she was about the heat. "I was raised in these temperatures," He remembered traveling in his homeland, his house and belongings strapped to his back, the summer heat of the Wrightfall plains beating down on him. To stop, was to be left behind. To be left behind, would be to be forgotten. His conditioning left him callous to all forms of weather he deemed mild. He was trained to go for weeks with no water, and travel with no breaks and heavy loads for days on end. Even so, with the mentality he grew up with, he could not help but feel sorry for his human companion. Their strengths were different, and to look down on her because of that would be to become cocky and let his guard down.
He looked at the new human. "We should find shelter. Is there any civilization nearby?" He was curious to see what awaited him. Humans? Elves? Fey? Maybe even something worse...?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote        
Within the Palace walls

"Hmm..."

-Tachi blinked at these questions. Surely he expected the first and last question, but wasn't quite sure about the second one. He wasn't wearing that outfit when he arrived to this place? That was quite odd, but no answer could come to mind as of right now. Was it that his soul had materialized something around the males figure as some sort of precaution, or was it something else? He shook his head, not quite sure what it could be. As he thought this through, the male realized that they had just entered his own sector. It was still in the training grounds, though it was on the far left and was it's own private area for wind users. Turning around, the yokai was now face to face with the male and shoved his hands into his pockets.-

"Well, I can honestly answer two of your questions...though..." the yokai said, trailing off as he studied the armor. "Not quite sure about the thing your wearing. As for hell, your kinda in it."

-Tachi could tell this was gonna be a long explanation and normally he wouldn't give it until the trainee was able to bend an element to their will; however, Arell seemed much more capable than any others he had met. Cocking his head to the left, he gestured for Arell to follow him once more to a more quite location. Passing the few trainee's, Tachi could see some progress. Some were actually slicing through materials while others were meditating. It was a good sign that the humans that came here could grasp some of what was going on. Finally making it to a secluded area, the male sat down and crossed his legs, gesturing for his apprentice to do the same.-

"Alright, what I actually meant was that when you died, your soul was tied to Japan's system. Therefore, if you were good, you would probably be in an area where the Shinto deities resided. Since you didn't go there, you were sent here! Into the yokai realm." Tachi remarked with a smile before continuing. "Understand a little? It means that your soul was still strong enough to grant you a second life in the world of demons instead of being sent straight to the nether realm."

-Tachi knew that the male wasn't going to like his next response, but whether or not he did, it was the truth...even for himself-

"As for travelling to other realms, not even I can do it. You see, the only ones who can actually cross the boundaries of this realm is our lord, but you are free to roam the entire realm affiliated to Japan" The yokai began, clasping his hands in front of his mouth. "This also applies to those who are the leaders for other realms. Its a ceremony that each demon lord goes through before they become one so that they are the only ones to pass into a different hell..." The yokai trailed off as he continued to stare at Arell, wondering iff he had any more questions.-

Meanwhile, in the desert

-Rin's expression eased up alittle. Judging by their responses and the descriptions from how they died, it didn't seem they were here for very long at all. This was a fortunate sign. It wasn't that she wanted them to be sent to the nether realm, but it would have been such a waste for them to have to suffer in this desert before being sent there. She listened to the two and noted how the human was beginning to sweat even more-

"I see, you both have some very interesting background behind you. Probably why you both were sent here..." She said trailing off before averting her attention to the east.

-Was it there? Her senses couldn't be lying about it, especially in such heat as this. Water was definitely evident nearby, but if they weren't water element users, then they would have a much harder time training with her. A sigh passed her lips as she began toward that direction, noting that if neither one of them could drink the water and ease their craving for it, it would be hell in this desert for them. As she passed the two, Rin lifted her arm up in the air slightly, signaling them to follow.-

"Follow me, we should see some sort of oasis soon..." The woman trailed off, considering if she wanted them to talk to her. "In fact, what was it that you both wanted to know again? How you got here, was it?

-Rin obviously asked this question to strike up some sort of conversation. She didn't talk much, but knowing if she was stuck in the same position they were, she would want as much information as possible as to where she was, why was she here and how she got here, though the female decided to let out one important fact in a rather blunt fashion.-

"By the way, in case you didn't figure this out yet...your both dead." She called out to them, not bothering to face them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote        
"Naturally." Rorfen wasn't surprised by the statement, but by the fact he hadn't come to that solution earlier. What kind of place was this, where people of all over the world existed after death? Would he be able to find the Ancients of Loxodon past here? Questions that plagued his fantasies since he was a boy came shimmering up. What would they have to say? To teach him? Were they physically different than he was? Even stronger?
He trailed behind what he assumed was their established leader. "Shoo-yin, getting lost would be unwise at this time of day." He curled his trunk and prepared for a long-distance trek. It was a state of mind that Rorfen had mastered. Reducing physical activity to what was exclusively necessary, even breathing lessened to conserve energy and valuable resources. In this state, he could walk for almost five days without gear without a break.
He smirked to himself. Maybe it was time to beat his own record.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quote        
"Well... I kind of knew that I was dead. Executions do that to you." She grinned, running to catch up with the other two. "I shouldn't exert myself in this heat." She thought as she almost fought to catch her breath. She knew, though, that whatever didn't kill her made her stronger. She smirked. Post-mortem humor was a strange thing.

She had suffered before, but never under cruel elements. Instead, she suffered under cruel people. She survived that, but she wasn't so sure how well she'd do with this. At least people were predictable. She had faith in the directions of her guide, though, and kept her pace. The less time she spent worrying about the heat, the less it would bother her.

Despite all the heat, though, she could feel the smallest of breezes. They comforted her, just as they had done on the chopping block. Did this mean anything? Or was she just paying attention to little details to keep her mind off of her situation?

Leingod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote        
Arell looked around the area to see that this training spot was indeed more suitable for conquering the ability to control winds at the palm of his hand. He listened to Tachi as he answered his questions, and his eyes widened a little when he learned why he was sent here instead of the nether realm itself. It sounded more like a reward than a simple ticket to hell...after all, he felt right at home in this dark realm where only the strong may survive. He was a bit disappointed that not even Tachi can answer his question concerning the armor, but it was alright. He'll just get a better choice of clothing by shopping if there are any, or beating up someone with his choice of clothes, and stealing them. This IS a type of hell after all...there shouldn't be any rules here.

....Or was there? Arell made a mental note to ask that next, after learning the disappointing discovery that he can't realm travel....or can he? Tachi did say that the only ones who can realm travel are the demon lords themselves. So what would happen if he became a demon lord? Would that grant him the power to travel through realms, or would he have to obtain it? He decided to research this on his own...if he asked, it probably might give his new mentor an idea that he's going to try and over throw this place..even though it seems that he might in the end.

"Well..before we begin, there's just one more question I would need to know. I know this is a "Hell", but just to be sure...aren't there any rules that I have to be aware of? Honestly, I don't think there are any...but I can't be too sure." The young fox wanted to know. He'd hate to follow his idea on mugging someone, and getting the shit beaten out of him later on for it while he was still learning.