Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote        
-Tachi stood by momentarily and watched as the male displayed his power. A smirk played across his lips as he saw nothing came from it, where as the other probably hoped he would have decimated the area. He watched as his new student fell to the ground and began to pound against it, wind continually billowing in the area. He truly was in despair, atleast that's what Tachi thought. He had seen it far too many times, people coming to this world and realizing everything they held dear to them was now lost. This didn't cause Tachi to let up though. If he was going to train this male, he would need to beat the concept of how energy worked in this world.

"That's right...show me all that you have" Tachi said, feeling his clothing ruffling against the wind.

-The yokai could feel the other male's animosity reach him, but Tachi still held his ground until he began to slowly rise into the air, though just enough so that his feet were limp and the toe of his boot gently scrapped the concrete. Tachi pulled in the energy residing in the wind itself, bending it and willing it into shape so that it swirled around his body like a miniature hurricane. He concentrated the energy into a more condensed form so that it separated into four small orbiting spheres around his ankles and wrists.

Now that he was ready, Tachi's eyes widened while the slits in his eyes thinned. From the small point of his foot he pushed off and raced toward the other at a fairly decent speed, not wanting to kill the male outright. From the way his opponent was standing, he figured that he would probably guard with his shield and then attack, but then again, Tachi could be wrong. A few more feet and he would be right in slashing distance from his opponent. Just before Tachi reached that point, the yokai sent himself upwards into the air.

It was at this point that he began twisting viciously like a tornado, though what came from him was entirely different. His left hand whipped out, sending off the orb around his wrist, but knowing that his opponent may dodge, Tachi shifted viciously like an animal in the air and kicked horizontally. After the first one that was sent out, the orb from his ankle released, but instead of it being concentrated, it expanded into a thin cutting edge sent horizontally if the opponent choose to dodge either to the left or right.-

"Tachi! Isn't that a bit much!?"

"Nah, don't worry! He will definitely get out of it!" The yokai replied in his mind, his emerald hues focused on the outcome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
Arell kept his eyes on the Yokai as if a machine made for combat was locked onto it's target. Holding his sword firmly in his hand, and his shield prepared for use, he was prepared for anything that came his way. His weapons may have lost it's power, but that didn't mean they were entirely useless...Arell always had a backup plan for any occasion. While he kept his eyes on his opponent, he begins to focus on any source of energy he could grasp onto. He couldn't help but smile behind his helmet...this training was exactly the same type of training he received from his superior...when he was about ten years of age.

A flash back came into Arell's mind, when he remembered how his superior would teach a new concept by beating the shit out of their students. From learning when to strike, to learning how to defend, and putting the two together, while building up the mentality to use one's resources. A quick scan of the area didn't really give Arell an option to use what was around him. All of a sudden, he saw the Yokai rushed towards him when he was finished preparing. The first thing Arell needed to do...was figure out how to grasp the flow of energy in this area. Whatever he grabs onto first, he will allow that to be his element.

The young fox was about to hightail when he saw that his superior was about to create a twister right above his head, but his mind told him to wait. It turns out he was making use of those spheres he had around his body..but boy were they fast! at first, he was going to simply side step out of it's path, until he saw the second attack heading for him that denied any plans on doing that. Arell wished he could remember what to do at this point...a concept that his superior once taught him in the past. "Think dammit...what the hell did my master say back then?! About fighting people who use unfamiliar energy?!"

A flash back happened again that showed a younger fox who carries the resimblence of Arell...only he was a mere child at this point...or rather, a fox puppy. Arell's red markings didn't appear on his black fur at this point, except for his ears, and on the tip of his tail. And his current training outfit was a pair of white pants, a short sleeve grey shirt, and a white scarf around his neck, while he was holding a worn out sword with dents and rust upon it's blade, and a shield with various scars and scratches. Before him, stood a male who had on red armor, and his face was hidden from the helmet he had on his head.

"Damn you!" Arell shouted. "It's no fair! Your using all these energy based attacks, and I don't even know how to use that...yet you said I can!" The fox child was covered in various cuts from the training session the two were having. The red armored trainer let out a sigh, before he shook his head. "Arell...if you wish to grasp the idea of using energy, you must find the line of energy within yourself...try to concentrate on the energy around you, and..." All of a sudden, the flash back was cut off, and it was replaced with a voice of someone who is of old age...and all that was said was: "Do a barrel roll!"

"Wait...what? I KNOW that is NOT what my superior said!" Arell tried to remember again...only to get the same result. "Do a barrel roll! Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do a barrel roll!" Only now it was playing over and over in his head...as if it was some kind of remix he heard on his spare time. "Damn those times of freedom I had to loaf around!!" Arell shouted, before he...did exactly that. He dove for the ground, rolling straight ahead instead of left and right. The orb grazed his armor, causing scratches to run along it's surface, and tickling his fur while his body traveled under the hovering yokai. He then got up, and started to sprint while keeping his eyes on the Yokai, to see what he does next. There was no point in counter attacking...there wasn't a single opportunity to strike yet.

"Come on dammit! Try to remember!!" Arell growled mentally as that saying kept replaying in his head...strangely enough, it worked.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote        
-Tachi smiled widely as the male dodged his attack, though the repercussion of his attack was about to unfold. Hovering upside down, the yokai watched as the orb struck first. As the concentrated ball of energy struck against the concrete of the second floor, it let out a loud screech but was instantly silenced a second later when the second wave struck. It seemed as if nothing happened until an immense back draft shot upwards. The attack was incredibly intense causing much unneeded destruction. Tachi Knew this male would be able to dodge his attack. After all, he did have training and didn't see how he couldn't have dodged it.Shifting his gaze from the male to his own body, he saw that he had only two orbs left. A thought quickly came into mind as he began to twist once more, though his thoughts wandering momentarily, remembering when he had first used this attack.

A younger Tachi entered his mind a few moments before he released his attack. The sounds of carnage surrounded him as the white haired male had ducked behind a pile of yokai corpses, escaping the visions of his adversary at the time; Ra. He grunted, feeling his knees scrape against the dirt and rock, but now in cover. Gritting his teeth, the yokai inhaled deeply, attempting to feel out the winged gods' energy pulsing in the area. He could tell that he wasn't too far off since many of his brethren's screams of agony could be heard.-

"Shit, only two orbs right now...and I can't risk making more..." the yokai grunted through his teeth.

-At that sudden moment, a being cloaked in black slammed into the pile of corpses next to him. His attire was rugged, a heavy black cloak covering his features along with black pants. It almost made him look like a ninja. Tachi's eyes widened and smiled widely at the appearance of this male, wondering what had taken him so long though quickly vanished, noticing that his comrade hadn't released his yokai form. Here they were fighting an Egyptian god and not using his full power? It was absurd!-

"Hey! Just what do you think your doing here without being released?!" Tachi cried out, a body flying above them and crashing at their feet. That male turned his gaze toward Tachi, his piercing red eyes gazing into Tachi's emerald hues.

"I could say the same to you. Your just as much of a dare devil as I." The male stated.

-Tachi blinked and began to chuckle at this despite the destruction surrounding them. The male continued to gaze at him before momentarily shifting and peeping above the pile to see the holy being. Ra stretched his wings feircely, and spun in an axis at a horde of yokai coming at him, cutting and slashing away at them. Red liquid coated the yellow eyed hawk god to which the male came back down and contemplated.-

"Hey...I have an idea." The masked man said, noting that Tachi still had two orbs left. "Why not combine those and then I'll take it from there?"

-At this Tachi cocked his head. Why didn't he think of that? Instead of using two small bullets, why not just use a larger round. Nodding toward his partner, the white haired male jumped upwards and smashed his wrists together causing an ear shattering screech. He watched as the humanoid hawk stopped his onslaught and focused his vision at Tachi. By this time, his flash back ended.

Still hovering upside down, the male kicked at the air but connected it with his wrist, resulting in an intense burst of white energy followed by another loud screech. The result was the formation of a tornado funnel being shot out of the two impacting orbs and toward the opponent. Whatever clouds were in the sky gave way and parted into nothingness. The amount of energy the yokai was putting into this attack caused even those on the ground to brace themselves and stop their training."

"TACHI! THIS IS GOING TOO FAR! HOLD YOUR PEACE!" Roared a calm yet commanding voice in his mind, though the demon paid it no mind.

-As his clothes fluttered viscously, as the screech didn't seemed to affect him, but what did was the pressure building up at the focal point of his attack. Using wind pressure like this took an insane amount of concentration, even if he was a demon affiliated with the element. He squinted against the brightness of the light as his sleeves began to tear off. If he was going to train this male, he had to do it efficiently. His fate would rest with it...-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
"Shit...he's preparing for another wave..." Arell said to himself as he continued to keep up his running pace. He knew that this silver haired yokai was far from done..all he knew at this point was to keep up his guard, and try to remember what his master had taught him on grasping an energy source. In an event that he was to travel to a whole new world, this technique can keep him alive, if his current powers were to weaken dramatically. He studied the movements of his trainer, and took mental notes on how he attacked. He remembered that after every wave he sent at Arell, Tachi had always remained calm...calm and level headed. Even when he was using massive amounts of energy, he always had that calm sense around him.

"Hmmm...maybe...maybe rage alone won't be enough in this world...perhaps I should try something different...very different...I'll need to clear my head...and try." Arell had finally stopped running, and stood there. His body was starting to relax, despite the amount of danger his is putting himself in, by leaving himself wide open for an attack. He could feel the wind pressure build up, telling him that he does not have a lot of time to make a come back...but right at this point, he remembered what his master has taught him, gaining another flash back.

"....*pant*.....*pant*...." The younger Arell was looking pretty beat up at this point. He was panting hard, and stood there with a look of determination on his face, while his master stood tall, resting an impressive sword on his shoulder. "Come on now...how many times must I tell you? If you focus on how your opponent is using an energy source of this world, study their technique, and use it as your own! Focus dammit! Focus on all the energy that is around you, study the abilities of your opponent, and steal his shit! Now come at me!" His master was much less gentle than the other flash back he had of him. The younger Arell finally understood what his master was saying...and at that point, he begins to concentrate and focus. Just like the way he is right now.

When Arell has fully relaxed himself, he begins to concentrate. In his vision, there was nothing but darkness..except for a faint light that shined in the abyss. "That's it...there's the source...now...if I could just grab it..." The young fox kept his eye on the prize, and focused on his senses. That light shined brighter as he came closely to it, and a pair of hands formed in front of him, as f he is trying to get a full grasp on that energy source. As he did, the glass like sword and shield begins to glow slightly in a light green color. In his mind, his hands had gripped onto that light firmly, and soon he could feel it's energy coursing through his veins. His weapon gained a better shade of green, and a smirk came across Arell's face.

"So...it's just like the factor on gaining Aura.....only I cannot...cannot be mad at all...otherwise I might lose it." Arell looked up at Tachi with opened eyes, and could see that there was a turbulence coming his way. Arell focused on that energy he finally had throughout his body, and brought it over to his sword. He reared his arm backwards while holding his blade firmly in his hands, and a gust of wind surrounded it's blade like a blanket. At this point, his sword begins to change into a different form. A blueish cloth formed in the air, with two small sapphire orbs hovering beside the transparent blade. The scarf wrapped itself around Arell's wrist, then crawled along his gauntlet, and replaced it entirely with it's own. This energy wasn't much...but it would be enough to try to cancel it out.

"Now...release!" Arell made sure to keep himself as calm as he could, and swung his sword as hard as he can. A greenish wave of energy in the shape of a c recent begins to make it's way towards Tachi. Because Arell was just grasping the idea on how energy works here, it wasn't at full power yet...but when they collided, it ended with an immense gust of energy that would even blow away a storm. Arell had to slam his sword on the ground, and hold onto it so he wouldn't be blown away, while everything around him was flying insanely in the air.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote        
-Tachi couldn't see what was happening infront of him due to the intense light, but he could feel it. The escalation of aura and wind made Tachi wonder what was going on, but his question was quickly answered when he felt something collide with his funnel. It caused a catastrophic explosion of cutting wind that quickly dissipated. With his concentration now broken, the orbs that surrounded his ankle and wrist disappeared along with the energy that he was drawing in. Smog obscured his vision, but one thing he didn't do was get worried and was confident in his abilities. Just what had collided against his blast was something he was yearning to figure out.

As the smog settled, the yokai's and the dead stared against at the newcomer. Invincil raised an eyebrow, seemingly not to have moved from his area. It was a sight that wasn't seen often and Tachi would tell. His eyes caught the sigh of something that looked like a sash. His green eyes widened catching sight at the males sword. Two blue orbs were now present on either side of the males sword. Was this...a transformation? Was it his power? It seemed...similar to his own. Transfixed at the male, he was quite surprised. It wasn't every day that only after a few hours of training did the person grasp his element.-

"I want to test it..." Tachi muttered to himself.

"It's interesting. Now even I am curious."

"Yea...tell me about it."

-Inhaling deeply, the yokai still didn't see the need to draw his blade at this point of time. Instead of wrecking this area, Tachi decided to make this alittle interesting. Since opponent had more than likely blasted away his funnel, he was going to have to try something else besides his energy based attacks. It was rare to ever see Tachi fighting close range, but in order for him to get a grasp around this male, he needed to get personal. his body uprighted as he slowly returned to the ground. His feet clicked against the concrete but as it did, something was different about him. His demeanor seemed...darker. Instead of wind whipping around him furiously, it was calm and almost subtle. Just then, the changes started taking place.-

"Hey, before we start again...I want to know your name."

-As the words left his lips, darkness surrounded his body, blotting out his white hair along with the entirety of his features. People on the lower level of the palace began to gather, watching as Tachi's joyful, carefree personality shift into something darker than black. It wasn't usual for him to use his true abilities on a trainee, but this male seemed very resilient...and powerful. It irked his curiosity on what this male could do, but as time continued to wear on, the dark shroud mixed in with the air until it completely dissolved. The dark matter now began to dissipate from around his body until his body could be seen once more.

His smirk widened and showed off his small fangs which glinted faintly against the crimson light. It didn't seem as if he had changed much, but at that moment, the calm wind began to surround his body in a spiral, almost as if it posed no threat. Shifting his gaze down to the people, Tachi's amusement rose even further when he saw Invincil starting to tap his foot, a sign of nervousness. Quickly, the male looked back at the male in front of him and crossed his arms. He took a step forward, though the ground under his foot seemed to crack, but the pressure of his energy didn't seem to be that high at all.-

"I'm awaiting your response..." Tachi stated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
As soon as the heavy storm finally finished it's wrath, Arell lifted his head and stood up from the ground with his sword in hand. He looked up to see that he has completely caused the blast to cancel out, just like he has hoped for...but he watched as the yokai landed on the ground. "So this...this is what it's like to use the energy here....it's all about being one with the element...not just forcing it into you like my rage aura. It all makes perfect sense now." He took a quick glance at his sword and saw that it has changed a little, and replaced his gauntlet on his arm completely. He then returned his gaze towards the silver haired yokai who was grounded now. At first, he thought that his training was done, but what he felt next told him otherwise.

Now that Arell was using an energy that was similar to the same as Tachi's he could feel when one's power was rising....and what a sense of rising power it was! All he could feel was this dark energy dwelling within, and when it coated the silver haired male completely, Arell's jaw dropped at that instant. Was he using the very aura that he tried to destroy him with?! It couldn't be!!...But wait...it suddenly vanished after only a short time. Maybe it wasn't a dark aura after all, but something was very different about him. This left an eerie feeling for Arell, and told him that he should stand guard immediately. Whatever this change was...it didn't look very good for Arell's case.

As Arell took his defensive stance, he prepared himself with his newest ability. But as he rested the tip of his blade on the ground, he accidentally released a torrent of wind towards a mob of trainees who were watching. "Holy shit!" Arell hasn't exactly controlled his power yet...and at that point, he thought it was best to power down a little before he destroys something else. "My bad! Don't worry..you guys will live...I think.." His eyes glanced back at the silver haired Yokai, and and finally answered his question.

"My name is Arell...Leader of the Seven Blood Petals." The young fox smirked behind his mask, part of him hoping that his accident won't reduce the respect he's starting to gain in a short time.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quote        
"Arell, Leader of the Seven Blood Petals...A grand title you have there." Tachi said darkly. "Allow me to properly introduce myself. Tachi Kokuei, The Unseen Death."

-Tachi at this moment didn't seem to care what happened to the others standing below. Instead, Invincil was now on guard with his body glowing dully of yellow, ready to warp another energy based attack that may come their way again. The trainees, even some of the yokais not anticipating such a blow groaned as they began to shift around on the ground. As dust settled, the carnage could be seen. Blood and a couple of limbs littered the area resulting in needless screams to fill the air. Majority of the dead didn't seem to be harmed, most likely because their trainers had protected them, though others were unfortunate. Their trainers stood above them, shaking their head until one of them actually had the nerve to kick at his pupil.-

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DOOOOOOOODGE!?"

-As this played out, another being drenched in darkness began to shift in his sleep. The material from the interior of this beings room began to crack resulting in dust to flow downwards onto the dark humanoid mass. Almost immediately, the beings eyes opened, revealing two crimson feral eyes. Just what was going on here? His gaze wandered for a moment, his expression and even figure obscured in the darkness of his room. A small sigh left his lips, a dark swirl erupting from him. Slowly, the body began to rise until it was standing on both legs though something was quite odd about him. Despite being in complete darkness, numerous shadows played around him. It was like a light show except without the lights. Dark waving figures continued to swirl until the male reach up to his ear.

Just then, Tachi's eyes widened, his gaze ripped away from Arell and toward the main quarter of the palace. He felt it, energy vastly exceeding his own. Did he over do it with the training? Was it that he was bored? Questions continued to fill his mind until it happened. It was sudden, but the amount of energy erupting was so intense a large red pillar formed around the balcony and shot upwards into the sky. The aura began to dwindle; however, but it made it feel as if the very air they were breathing was burning. After a few moments of the sensation, the pillar dissipated. Silence was followed along with dirt beginning to settle from the amount of energy resonating.

Tachi's eyes wandered upwards toward the balcony, knowing that he was going to emerge soon. Invincil's gaze locked upon the same area from where he had come down from while all other yokai's, damaged or undamaged, kneeled down at the moment when the immense doors opened. A loud grinding noise erupted into the area, almost as if an un lubricated gear attempting to turn. As the door parted, a figure emerged from the within it's depths and slowly made its way under the crimson sky. The being was male and despite the sudden display of raw energy, nothing seemed to be notable about him. He wore a black t-shirt and black jeans that seemed to be covered in dirt. Jet black hair matted his head while his crimson eyes surveyed the area.

Death. That all he could see. The majority of the students were actually staring up at him, dumbfounded and confused while two or three took a knee. His gaze shifted along the facility, taking in the amount of chaos that has ensued. The upper level of his palace had gone to shit and he didn't even want to think who the fuck was attempting to destroy it. His questions were answered the moment his eyes found Tachi staring at him. Was he defending the palace? Again, his question was answered when he saw someone in front of him. Was that...armor? Despite being far away, he could tell that someone was wearing armor. Just what the hell was going on?!-

"Shit...I'm in trouble..." Tachi muttered under his breath. "More than likely...were going to have to resume your training after he leaves..."

-Suddenly, the darkness that he had released began to materialize. It surrounded both of them like a thick cloud ready to bring misfortune to anyone who dared question it. It began to shift back towards the white haired yokai until he was covered in it once more. It was an eerie seen, seeing the black material waft into the males nostrils and parted lips. After the last bit of it entered the male, a smile replaced his serious demeanor. The wind he had conjured began to dissipate until the area felt as normal as it would have. His eyes still trained on the male that had left the confines of the palace, Tachi spoke once more.-

"Well...um. I guess training will be put on hold, alright?" The white haired yokai asked with a nervous chuckle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Arell took a quick glance at the damage, and hoped that it was minimal...after all, that torrent of wind was just an accident, right? Well...his accident did more damage than he expected it to be. "Jesus Christ! I have a friggen cannon for a sword!" Arell didn't say that out loud, and decided that maybe it would be best to move to a good spot where he and Tachi could let lose. At first...he wanted to bring destruction to this city. But that was before he knew that he will be tremendously weak until he learned how to use the elements of this realm. Now this part of the city was a total wreck....injured, possibly dead right now, and pure destruction was all Arell could get out of this whole scenery.

"Man...whoever is in charge of this city is going to throw a hissy fit...and I won't deny that I don't have full control over this new power enough to take him or her on.." Arell spoke to himself while he suddenly felt an immense rush of power.

The young fox's fur begins to stand, though it could not be seen due to his armor. Never in his life he has felt energy that was so dark...and so evil. He knew right off the bat that it couldn't be rage...rage was not this fucking scary. It sent chills down his spine, and made his skin crawl. Almost as if he wants to hide his tail between his legs and get the hell out of there. Arell hadn't been this afraid since the day his brother stole his life right before his eyes. The young fox looked around to see the reactions of the others. Maybe it was just an everyday feeling for them. If they were normal and treated it like nothing...he didn't have a thing to worry about.

Unfortunately, the young fox saw the very thing he did not wish to see. Everyone was on their knees, and bowing immediately. The superiors were even falling in line at this immense presence. He took a quick glance at the silver haired man to see that even HE was behaving himself. Arell watched as the large doors open, and darkness was filling the air. Could this be the true darkness that Arell has yet to see until now? If it was...it is as strong as the legends say. When he watch the darkness surround him, he could have swore that his fur was now the same color as his brother's at that point...and watched as it traveled back to the new face that stood off in the distance. He heard the words that Tachi said to him...all of them. Including that laugh with a sense of nervousness behind it. There was only one thing the young fox can do at this point...to avoid all trouble as possible. Putting his weapons away, and pointing at Tachi, he said these words.

"He did it!" It was obvious that Arell has the mind of a devious being.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote        
"Hey now! Don't go blaming crap due to your own inexperience!" The yokai shouted back at Arell.

-Tachi's eye twitched slightly, watching the male put his weaponry away. He gave a small sigh, wondering just what his lord and partner was up to right now. The yokai knew that the only time he ever left the confides of his dwelling was to either oversee training, train himself against newbies, or fight an approaching enemy. Seeing as there wasn't any other huge level of energy around the area and the city outside the palace walls were in turmoil, that was instantly scratched out in his mind, but the other two could have just as much been possible. It wasn't everyday someone as skilled as the male before him was able to grasp the concept of living in a world as this.

As these thoughts passed through his head, the unnamed male grasped onto the railings infront of the ledge and hoisted himself up so that he was sitting upon it in a feral position. It seemed as if he didn't hear Arell at all, and more over didn't seem to care. Despite having a pupil next to him, Invincil stared up at their lord, wondering if he was about to start training with them. Why wouldn't he? After all the chaos and destruction, he wouldn't be surprised if he were to unleash himself against the batch of trainees or ask the humans that had joined the rankings in his army to strike against them. Invincil awaited, as did Tachi. The white haired yokai seemed to be acting much more different than usual.

Despite the two being a fighting pair, Tachi was still nervous when he was around him. His thoughts quickly flashed back to the time they fought against Ra. After the funnel had been released, the holy being had braced itself for the attack, but didn't see what would happen next. The tornado set ablaze and covered the hawk god, but it was during this time that Tachi's partner slipped up. The male dressed in black jumped up and into the sky, his hand coated in fire, obvious now that he was the one who turned they wind energy into fire. He feet connected with the ground and instantly raced toward the holy being but didn't expect what was in store.

Tachi didn't see what followed, but saw his friend being forcibly stopped in his tracks with an arm flying off to the right. He howled in pain which was in turn followed by a kick to the ribs, breaking several of them. Tachi raced toward Ra, but apparently he had seen it coming. Just before the male clad in black fell to the ground, Ra wrapped its immense hands around his face and threw him at Tachi. Colliding in the air, they both fell helplessly to the ground. The yokai coughed hard, feeling the air knocked right out of him. This was bad! Very bad! They needed to get out of here, and quickly. Just as these thoughts raced within his head, he realized that his friends arm had been ripped clean off. He needed to get it! Tachi grunted at the thought, but he had a plan and decided to put it to the test.

Pulling the male off of him, Tachi got up and hovered before dissipating into the wind and reappearing next to the arm, but as he did his eyes widened. Ra had seen it coming and was apparently ready with its beak open. This is insane! Gritting his teeth, Tachi was just about to finish re materializing when a bright white light formed within the gods mouth. Shit shit shit! He was going to get hit directly! Just as it was about to fire, his partner raced up behind the humanoid hawk and kicked it hard in the head. The beam shot out and completely missed Tachi, but the shock wave rippled out harshly against them all. Taking this moment, Tachi gripped the arm and clasped his hands together causing an arcana circle to form under both him and his partner laying on the ground. Just as fast as the energy built up, both of them dematerialized.

Shaking his head from this memory, Tachi gazed back at his lord who was now hanging his head low, as if he was contemplating something. A loud growl emitted from the beings throat causing Tachi to take a slight step back. Was he gonna come at them? Just the thought of such a thing happening was chilling. At that moment, the male brought his head up and growled loudly. It seemed as if the foundations of the entire facility was quaking. After a few moments of the suddenness of it, and people shaken up, the male yelled out toward everyone.-

"NOT SO FUN, IS IT!? NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND LET ME SLEEP!" The yokai roared before jumping backwards and returning to his chamber, slamming both doors in the process.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
Character name: Xiuyin Zhang

Age of death: 17

Proficiency in weaponry?: Tiger Claws

Personality: Xiuyin is an idealistic person with a generally positive outlook on life. She cannot stand those that prey upon the weak and will pick a fight with anybody that does. That was part of the reason for her death, actually. In life, Xiuyin was part of a band of Honorable Cons, theives and conmen who traveled the world ending tyranny through trickery. Unfortunately, her business was a risky one, and she was caught liberating slaves from an evil baron and was beheaded by him as an example to any others of her band that tried to come and take power from him.

Appearance: Xiuyin is short and scrawny, looking more like a young boy of fifteen than a girl of her age. And her shaggy black hair doesn't help. She keeps it out of her green eyes with a dark blue cloth that usually envelops her hairline. On the back of her neck is a scar from the executioner's axe that she chooses not to keep covered. She wears simple farmer's clothing, consisting of a cotton shirt and loose pants, and sandals.

Race: Human

Other: Nothing else, really

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote        
The silence of the crowd, the breeze across her face...

That's all Xiuyin could remember before the axe came down. She barely had time to react to the blade before it struck.

And now she was here. It was a strange place to end up. A blood red desert like she had never seen before. Automatically, her hand went for the back of her neck. There was still a pretty big gash there, but it congealed quite quickly was already a scar. "Funny..." she thought, "Scars don't form that quickly. They take a few days at the least." Wherever she was now, it was definately a magical place.

A place to start a new life. If she could figure out where she was, that is. That was the first thing she had to do. Having nothing better to stand around for, Xiuyin started to walk, looking for some form of civilizaition. Once she could find that, she would be able to ask some questions as to where she was.

TheMountainScene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 am Reply with quote        
Name: Rorfen Tuskbrae

Age At Death: 73

Proficiency With Weapon?: Evenstar (A blunt weapon with a large, cubical head coated in spikes. Cousin of the morningstar) and Shields. He is also proficient in his tusks and a form of wrestling that involves crushing opponents of his size and smaller.

Personality: Rorfen is calm and prideful. His royal bloodline contributes to how full of himself he can be. Spending most of his life sparring or contemplating, he is very slow to temper and wise in many subjects. He has an overall sense of dignity and chivalry, and has always championed fair-play and the one-on-one fight over anything less than his teachings.

Appearance: Being hardly middle-aged amongst his people, Rorfen is well built and tall, standing at about twelve feet off the ground. His eyes are the color of yew (a fair brown), and his tusks are christened with a large bulb at each end for sparring. He is easily three grown men wide and his skin is a gray-pale.

Race: Loxo (Think of it as an elephant that stands on two legs... maybe that will help you picture it better)

Other: Don't worry, I'm not a power-player or a god-modder. Just live with me a bit ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rorfen stood, unsure of where exactly he was. He remembered his people... their alliance with the humans in their fight for their kingdom, he had stormed the front gate... and the rest is black. He moved a large gray hand behind his back to feel the spot where the ballista had hit him. The flash of pain that greeted him there made him wince. He turned to the human next to him, a boy of his teenage years that Rorfen did not recognize.
"Earth-child, do you happen to know where we are?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote        
Xiuyin looked up at the elephant-man, somewhat shocked. She didn't show this, though. She didn't even question the fact that he had seemed to just appear out of nowhere. It must be how people get here, she assumed.

Finally she responded. "No. I don't know anything about where we are or what we are doing here. I just remember...." She thought. "I remember being beheaded." She finally managed to get out. She had been punished for her so-called "crimes" of helping those that couldn't help themselves, and was caught. She stayed behind so that her partner could escape. "I wonder if he made it?" She thought. Hopefully her sacrifice wasn't in vain.

She looked back at the elephant-man. "Oh... sorry about that. I get lost in thought quite a bit. I'm Xiuyin. Xiuyin Zhang." She gave a quick bow to show respect.

Seitaro Nagase

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
-As the crimson sky continued to brighten, so did the surrounding areas...or whatever was left of it. Blood red sand shifted against the harsh winds of the yokai realm. Devoid of any water and life, it seemed to span far into the horizon, though trudging thru the wasteland was a lone figure. Whomever it was didn't seem to hide the fact that they were wearing bright clothing. The physique of the figure was lean and somewhat curvy, obviously a female. She wore a blue top that only covered her arms and past her chest, leaving her belly exposed. Though she wore extremely baggy white pants and was trudging barefoot. She seemed quite odd, but who wasn't in this realm?

Just why had he told her to venture so far out here?! She swore that if he wasn't the lord of this realm, she would drown the bastard! Digging her feet into the sand with each step she took, she pushed off and cursed with each stride. Just because she was affiliated with an element that could survive these conditions did not mean she wanted to be here! After countless minutes, the female had finally made it to the top of a dune, feeling a breeze flow through her. It ruffled her clothing and caused her long blueish white hair to sway in the wind. Her eyes scanned the vast expanse of desert through his purple shaded eyes and what she saw caught her by surprise.

From where she was standing, she could vaguely make out their appearances, but there were people in this desert! But how!? Did her lord know that there was someone here when he sent her out here? If so, then how long have they been here? Questions riddled her mind as she continued to stare at them. They were quite the distance from where she was, but nonetheless she had to go and fetch them and bring them back to the palace. A sigh escaped her pale pink lips as she began to make her way down to greet the two. Bits of sand kicked up as it passed between her toes with each shift.-

"There is no way...in hell...I will make it back within three days..." He muttered to herself, wondering if they even had that long to train.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote        
The Loxo struggled with the pronunciation of his name.
"Shoo... Shoo-yin." What a bizarre manner of speaking, he decided.
"I am Rorfen of Family Tuskbrae. Loxodon of the Writghtfall tribe."
He turned to his new companion.
"It appears we should become actively accustomed to this place." He gestured up the dune to the figure in the distance, "And it's visitors."