Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
sychobunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote        
So in my Contemporary Korea class, we're talking about presidents of Korea. Specifically at the moment, one that the professor really doesn't like.
And I know what I look for in a leader. I also know my role as a leader.
I'm President of one club, treasurer (doing a lot of vice president work) of another club, senior member of another club, and shadow president of another club.

You may be wondering what a shadow president is. Well, the president is good at paperwork and stuff that we make the president do, but is really bad at getting decisions made in meetings, or getting people to shut up when they are being disruptive, whereas I can, so I am the shadow president, though on paper, I believe my title is something to do with advertising.

I like my leaders to be organized, punctual, good with people-or at least with other leaders, able to get people to communicate and hold dialogues, able to listen and understand those who they are leading, and be able to make decisions.
As a president of a club, I find getting dialogues going to be one of the hardest parts.

What do you look for in leaders?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
Someone who actually gives a damn, looks at their situation and the consequences of their actions, fixes what needs to be fixed, manages money well, and who actually does something, therefore, I would make a decent president.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
I'd rather not pay attention to my leaders in that sense considering I'd only get annoyed with them and hate their guts. D: But I guess the type of leader that I like is someone that can handle difficult people and situations well, works well under pressure, and has an open mind.