Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Mido View: May 2010 Special Lotus Edition *WIP* POST!
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote        
The Midorea View

Bringing you the latest fashions and Relics of Midorea!
A monthly coverage of all things fashionable and just plain delicious!

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote        
May 2010 Relics

Girasonne Weaponry Set
The Girasonne were wise and powerful warriors. Their symbol was the sunflower, or the girasole as they called it. This set tries to embody their great strength and wisdom that has all but been lost to time.

Vaspafoich Panoplia
The Vaspafoich are terrifying winged insects feared for their deadly poison. This set attempts to mimic that nightmarish appearance and strike fear in the enemy.

Lotus Festival Items 2010

Day 1
Di-Qiu Draconem Lute
A beautifully tuned instrument carved to perfection by Di-Qiu artisans. This item is infused with the raw earth element, making the sound very unique.

Day 2
Mizu Draconem Gala
Beautiful and ornate accessories inspired by the great Water Dragons. Each item is meticulously hand carved from the rare mineral Kyanite, so as to give the illusion that water is floating weightlessly around you.

Day 3
Huo Draconem Svarde
A beautiful but deadly broadsword frequently used by the Huo clan in battle. It is infused with Fire Dragon magic to inflict as much damage possible onto the foe.

Day 4
Fuu Kusarigama
A sleek weapon enchanted with wind dragon magic to enhance directional control. It's made of optimum steel and proves to be quite useful in battle.

Day 5
Di-Qiu Draconem Armor
TBA..

Day 6
Mizu Draconem Sash
A sash designed by powerful Mizu clan mages designed to gracefully wrap around your shoulders as if under your control.

Day 7
Obuki Masque
The Fuu Tribe is known for their eccentric personalities and unique twist on the arts. Designed with that in mind, this set uses a powerful bronze-on-white color scheme that leaves a lasting impression.

Day 8
Huo Lucerna
A ceremonial wedding lantern of the Huo clan. These are given out as invitations to weddingsA

Raw Elements
Raw Earth Element
Raw Fire Element
Raw Water Element
Raw Wind Element

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
Review

Hello and welcome to this months Midorea View! This month is very special because this edition will be covering not only the May Relics BUT also the 2010 Lotus Festival, exciting right? For those who read my last months View, these reviews cover my opinion on the Donation items of the particular month and my thoughts on how well the items were and what might of made them better. Please keep in mind that these are my thoughts and my views may or may not share your own. If you disagree with my opinion then feel free not to read what this one has to say.

Now, today is May 7th and I've had some time to play around with each item and see how they work alone as a set and how well they work with others.

I'll start with the Girasonne Weapons set. A very interesting set of weapons given to us by Catghost. Her growing skill with weapons show here very well. Each weapon features a beautiful, well drawn blade that has been glossed and polished. Each of them looks both deadly and gorgeous. Playing on the Lorecraft of the site the weapons are named after the Girasonne who we're once fierce warriors who bared a symbol of power that would make any male blush slightly in embarrassment. The Sunflower, while not a horrible icon, far from it actually, Cat put alot of time and effort (Or so it would seem by the eye) into these flowers.. But I have to say that the flowers limit the usage of the weapons with other armors and outfits. The green and yellow stand out far too much against most other items with tones that don't match nor blend well, they still remain nice.

The Design is the saving grace of the set though. It's the first time we've every been given a battle axe with such brutal detail in its handle and curvature. I've seen many war axes in my day and this is a wonderful example of how a single bladed battle axe would look on the field, such a shame it can't be used in battle. The scythe is also very beautiful and honestly is probably my favorite out of the three, the curving halfmoon shape of the blade is wonderful and realistic to battle scythes. The flower actually works very well with it too...which is hard for me to admit since I love more dark less colorful weapons but it works. The last of the weapons is the sword, which is actually very nice. The curvature of the middle and end of the blade reminds me of a bandits or maybe a rouges weapon. My only gripe about it might be the length, though the limitations of the items size against the bases is understandable. The sunflower is actually the smallest on the sword and looks more like the blade guard rather the just a pretty detail, which I think was the purpose for each of them.

Now, this set isn't just a weapon set, it also features more poses for the girasole which come in the shapes of a Hairpin, arm-wraps and ankle-wraps. These actually work really well with other past items such as the Deity items, mixing together with each others green features. The vines are actually very pretty against the bases and I can't find any complaints with them at all. In honesty I think the relic could have been a outfit/clothing attire using the Flowers without even including the weapons and it could have worked. Maybe adding a waist and back pose. These poses actually over shadow the weapons in my opinion since they work better with other nature themed items featured in past relics. Although that's not to say that the weapons suck, far from it. If your a avid member on the site (such as myself) and you have access to most of the items then its very easy to make them work, otherwise the weapons might end up sitting in you inventory while the Sunflower poses soak in the sun on your avatar.

Next Up, the Vaspafoich.

Editing WIP
Overlord Branny

The Relic Contest
Coming soon

Overlord Branny

WIP
Last one
bellblosem

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote        
So I can post now?

I can't wait to see what this turnes out like.

Click here to feed me a !
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote        
Yup, Feel free to post and chat.

I'm working on the review and contest right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote        
do you have a cat walk? Happy

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote        
looking good so far, ill check back later to see more! ^w^

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote        
lmao
Yes, yes I do~

The contest will be a cat walk.
You'll model your outfit and the other members will decide on who has the best outfit. <3

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote        
that sounds awesome!! x3

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yup yup!

I'll be setting up a Poll for the contest~
No one hardly ever uses the Polls

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote        
It's probably because of the fact that they can't be edit after votes are entered or something like that...

Can't wait to read the rest of your review Big Grin

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
Mmmm maybe..
I won't set mine up till everything has been finished.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh! Fashion contest! Sounds like tons of fun! *poses*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next