Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Welcome to the Lotus Festival 2010! [info] Day 8's Item
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote        

ONE MONTH EARLIER...

“Jin? Aren’t you going to the Lotus Festival with me? You skipped out last year,” Lien began, meeting her son’s disinterested face.

“I’m busy, and I don’t want to go.”

Lien chuckled half-heartedly. “But this will be your last festival as a single man. Don’t you want to have some fun?”

He looked at her seriously. “That’s not funny. I’m engaged to Eimara.”

“Sorry, sorry.” His mother walked closer, putting a hand on his shoulder. “But I’d really appreciate it if you went. You know how much this festival means to our people.”

“I don’t see why! The humans didn’t do anything for us.” Lien sighed, and he rolled his eyes as she began reciting the story of the Lotus Festival.

“Long ago, the dragon species split into two different beings: The feral dragons and the humanoid dragons. Something changed in the latter of the race. These dragons began losing their scales, as well as some of the immense power attributed with being a dragon. What was lost here was made up for with superior wisdom and intelligence. These dragons could use much stronger magic than the others, and they began taking on tribal life and interacting with humans.”

“They betrayed their kind, right?” Jin laughed, but his mother shushed him and continued.

“They began making more strictly defined territory and defended it ferociously. They also wore clothing. Soon, they were completely enticed by this type of lifestyle; the lifestyle of humans. That’s where the war began.

“Four main tribes were made: Fuu, Di-Qiu, Mizu and Huo. The Fuu and Di-Qiu clans began having disputes over a small chain of islands – islands rich in natural resources that they both desperately needed. Soon, Huo allied with Fuu, and Mizu allied with Di-Qiu. After nearly twenty years of fighting, we were all on the brink of collapse, and the Deities saw this.

“They said that they didn’t want to see such a unique race die out, so the Deities summoned the four clan leaders to the Great Gated City – the capital of Midorea – to settle the dispute. A compromise was finally made on the seventh day: The Fuu and Huo would take the Southern islands, and the Di-Qiu and Mizu would take the Northern islands.”

“Fine!”

“I’m not finished! In efforts to ensure unity and peace, it was decided that each year around this time, the Lotus Festival would be held in the Great Gated City. Not only have we achieved peace between the dragon clans, but between the dragons and humans as well. We want to share our culture with the humans; a culture largely influenced by them. The Lotus Festival keeps our bonds strong, and that’s why I want you to go. It’s important!”

“Fine, I’ll go!” Jin threw his arms into the air before crossing them. “I still hate the humans though, and you can’t change that. They didn’t do anything for us.” With that, he stormed out. His mother worriedly sighed, mumbling to herself.

“With a temper like that, it’s no wonder you have that spirit in you. But I don’t know if dear Eimara will be prepared for it by the time the Summer Solstice comes. If not, this wedding will be in ruins.” She sighed again and stood up, preparing for their trip to the Great Gated City. At least Jin was coming this year.

Catghost
Administrator

Spring.NPCs
The Spring NPCs and important information regarding them.

Quote:

Fuu Sho
He is the prankster of the NPCs. Fun loving, friendly, and the most allusive of the Tribe Leaders, he's quite an interesting character. Sho made a late arrival to last year's festival so some wonder if he'll even show up this year. If you're looking for him, good luck! He tends to hide in trees or often over-looked areas.

Quote:

Di-Qiu Tu
Being the leader of the earth tribe, Tu is practical and well-disciplined. He's sometimes seen as the father of the other tribe leaders because of his mature personality. Despite this, he's quite social and often mingles with a crowd. Some find him easy to talk to, but others feel that his smiles suggest that he's hiding something.

Quote:

Mizu Hanako
She is the youngest of the tribe leaders, but surprisingly intuitive for her age. However, being of the water tribe, Hanako can be too sensitive and fragile. She's sweet, but has trouble being as refined and beautiful as the other leaders, so she often stays on the edge of the crowd. She still needs a lot of practice.

Quote:

Huo Lien
If Tu is the father of the leaders, Lien is the mother because of her warm and confident personality. She usually knows everything that's going on between the four tribes and takes care of anyone who needs it. She's the most comfortably social of the clan leaders and usually attracts people naturally.

Quote:

Huo Jin
Not much is known about him, as this is his first year attending a Lotus Festival in quite a while apparently. It seems that he isn't enjoying the festival as much as the others, and he doesn't talk to anyone unless Lien tells him to. In fact, he's only seen with her.

Catghost
Administrator

Spring.Event Items
The Spring Event items and how to get them.

Day 1
>>Go to the Lotus Festival Store!<<
Day 1's item can be purchased for 450 Lotus Feathers from the Lotus Festival store.
Lotus Feathers are currency that you can get from posting and battling monsters in the battle system.

Day 2
Day 2's item can be purchased for 650 Lotus Feathers from the Lotus Festival store.

Day 3
>>Go to the quest page!<<
Day 3's item is given out by Jin, who is located in Hanamichi.
Bring him 10 Lotus Blossoms and 5 Raw Fire Elements and he will give you an item in return.
Lotus Blossoms are found randomly by browsing the site, and Raw Elements are found while battling monsters in the battle system.
Elements are dropped according to what the monster's element is, so if it's element is fire it will drop a Raw Fire Element, etc.
These can also be purchased in the Lotus Festival Store for 50 and 100 Lotus Feathers each, respectively.

Day 4
Day 4's item is given out by Sho, who is located in Hanamichi.
Bring him 10 Lotus Blossoms and 10 Raw Wind Elements and he will give you an item in return.

Day 5
Day 5's item is given out by Tu, who is located in Hanamichi.
Bring him 10 Lotus Blossoms and 15 Raw Earth Elements and he will give you an item in return.

Day 6
Day 6's item is given out by Hanako, who is located in Hanamichi.
Bring her 10 Lotus Blossoms and 10 Raw Water Elements and she will give you an item in return.

Day 7
Day 7's item can be purchased for 800 Lotus Feathers from the Lotus Festival store.

Day 8
Day 8's item is given out by Lien, who is located in Hanamichi.
Bring her 5 Raw Fire Elements and she will give you an item in return.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote        
Spring.Locations
Where are these places you are talking about and how do I get to them!?

Quote:
The Great Gated City
The heart of Midorea, and the default area. From here you can navigate to the Flower Viewing Area.
Currently Available NPCs: None at the moment.

Quote:
Hanamichi
The flower viewing area and the center of the Festival. This is where the clan leaders are usually found.
Currently Available NPCs: Hanako, Jin, Tu, Sho & Lien.

Catghost
Administrator

Spring.Credits
Who did what, in alphabetical order.

Angel pixeled the Lotus Store (colored by Catghost)
Aquarius-Chan drew the Hanamichi BG
Catghost pixeled Day 1, 2 & 8's items.
Huzba pixeled Day 4 & 5's item.
Jaeden pixeled Day 3, 6 & 7's item.
Kaishi drew the lovely NPC art
Twigg Pixeled the Topnot hair, Topbraid hair and Horai dresses

I just want to take the time to say personal thank you to everyone who was involved with this event. Especially those who did a lot of behind the scenes work, you were all of great help in making this event a reality! :)

Heyy13 pixeled [unknown]
Huzba pixeled Day 6 & 8's items.
Jaeden pixeled Day 1's, Day 2's, Day 3's & Day 7's items.

Catghost
Administrator

Post.Reserved
A reserved post that may be used later on..
Catghost
Administrator

Post.Reserved
A reserved post that may be used later on..
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
It's finally open! Happy

Enjoy the event, everyone. <33

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote        
Yay! *throws lotus feather confetti into the air*

Hope everyone will have fun during the event ^^

Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
Hehehe yay~ <3

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
Woot~! -is stalking for seeds-

Glad the waiting is over!

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote        
Stalking isn't nice, Ace Hai

Gladde

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome! I have been looking forward to this event for a while now and I am happy that it is here Happy

The first item looks lovely and cannot wait to see the others.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
Yay this looks fun

catbookcrazy

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote        
what is the Lotus Festival?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next