Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2  Next
hiei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Ever seen someone with bright yellow or LIGHT pink font? yea, you have to highlight the whole post to read it. -dies-
The worst is people who think its fun to make there whole post in white font when the background is white. Jerks.

So what do you guys think?
Whats the worst font color or forum text you've ever seen?
Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quote        
Bright yellow, lime green, cyan or hot pink on the usual white background. Here, on Midorea, the worst would be olive, gray, green and sea green. Even worse when the font used is small.
Lily Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
I HATE it when people use fonts that are close to the site's background colour. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can ever do, so I don't usually complain about it.

I'm guessing that it's not difficult to edit the site's coding/permissions so that some colours don't work. (or only limit it to a few colours)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote        
Rainbow text... It's way too bright and the changing color makes the text hard to follow. For me at least.
dreamer676

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quote        
The font that I hate the most are the ones that blend in with white background. Seeing as most forum backgrounds are white yeah yellow light green, really really light blue all those sorts of one's do my nut in. But also there are the bright colours. Orange and the like.

Really small font annoys me too because I have bad eyesight anyways, I'm just like 'grr I wanna know what it says'. It's also a little bit of a why type if you don't want anyone to read it v.v

Art done by Crow Happy
Kliz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
Any color font that is too simialar to the background or too small is too annoying to read.

So... I just don't bother reading it! lol ^^
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
What's this about fonts that are hard to read? xD

I've had a couple people complain about my font, but yellow really isn't as bad here as it is on other forums. This green is a little more difficult than the last layout, but...

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
ecco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:13 am Reply with quote        
i really dont find it a bother, i just instinctively highlight anything thats a hard-to-read colour with the cursor o.o then its easy XD no problem.

Exrael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh yeah, that can be a pain... I always try to use a darkish grey color on white-background forums. ^^
Sora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote        
I hate it when people do that. I also hate it when people use dark fonts against a dark background color. x.x I've seen just as many as those on other sites before.
evercharmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote        

I hate that, too. I have pretty bad eyesight as it is, and it's just really hard to
read. If I see someone with a bad font color trying to talk to me, I'll tell
them that I can't read it, and won't attempt to until they change it.

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote        
I really really don't like small fonts.

I wear glasses already, the last thing I want to do is squint at the computer screen to read their post. Most of the time I have to quote them so I can read it at a normal size. Even after you say something to them they don't increase the font size.
nekocake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote        
I think that the yellow is kind of hard to read, especially in small or tiny font sizes. ( Not to be a hater of people who post in that color or anything! No hard feelings! Happy )
Urboros

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
really small fonts, I skip over them.
blinding colors are fine cause I can highlight them
Smile

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote        
Annoying font colours are fuuuuuuun~ Join the joy~

JOLLY COOPERATION!