Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Fun n' Games Theme Park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
A lot of energy must be shifted before water will change temperature. A LOT. That's why it's used as a coolant, since it can absorb a lot of heat energy before changing it's own temperature.

Mock, I don't like the fact that you've got a base now. AT ALL.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Mock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote        
The energy needed to melt ice would be able to heat up liquid water by 80 degrees C.

Yeah, it felt weird battling monsters while wearing a breastplate, with no body to wear it on...

WEREWOLVES!
Precious Misery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote        
More fun death facts!

"Killing Season" is a British medical term used to describe the time around August, when the newly qualified doctors join the National Health Service.

At least this helps people know what time of year to be extra careful so they don't get injured and have to see new doctors xP

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote        
...I'm a Brit and many jokes are made about the NHS and incompetance. That term...is entirely accurate for the entire year.

By the way, people sit on chairs (taking 'useless' facts to the extreme).

WEREWOLVES!
Precious Misery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote        
And now I am just terrified o.o

I didn't think anything by it and I guess it would be "useless" to any who isn't British. I can't say the competence of our medical people is any better though :P

Mock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 am Reply with quote        
The last word in the Latin-English section of the Collins Latin Dictionary is "zothecula" meaning "cubicle". How's that for useless?

WEREWOLVES!
Cisety

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote        
you're made of more micro organisms than human cells
ArsenicKat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote        
Sea urchins eat with their butt.

(This is a fact and I almost always say it when meeting new people. I'm not a very social person, and don't want to spend hours wasting time by talking to boring people, so by saying the fact above, I can sort out the interesting people from boring people.)

So two facts in one I guess? Now which one is the most useless one?
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote        
The sea urchins, actually, as info about a person we know is more important in getting along with that person.

I think.

Fact: wolves are awesome.
Fact: wolves are extinct in the wild in my country of origin.

WEREWOLVES!
ArsenicKat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote        
Ouch that sucks!

Fact; Wolves are almost extinct in my country because the stupid farmers whine about the wolves killing their sheep. Sheep that runs around in the hills unsupervised in known wolf-territory *coughcough*IDIOTS*coughcough*
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
Fact: Foxes are the most annoying predator (barring homo sapiens) in my country of origin.

WEREWOLVES!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
There is no such thing as Cold. There are NO cold particles or molecules or quirks or atoms.

Heat is thermal energy. Your body is comfortable at certain levels of heat. When you THINK you feel cold, you are actually just not 'hot enough'.

Now that the U.S. is moving into winter, I am sure we will all appreciate the fact that there is no such thing as cold while we are shoveling the snow off our sidewalks and shivering from the 'lack of heat' Cool
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
When playing musical instruments, sound is created by vibrations. (Well, all sounds are vibrations, but anyway.)

In percussion, it is the drum head that vibrates. Or, if it's malleted percussion, like a marimba, the bars vibrate when struck.
In brass, the player's lips vibrate when they play. It's called buzzing.
In strings, the strings vibrate. It's seriously that simple.
In MOST woodwinds, the reeds vibrate. If it's a single-reed instrument, like a clarinet, the reed vibrates against the air the player is blowing. If it's a double-reed instrument, like an oboe, the two reeds vibrate together and against the air.
HOWEVER. Flutes and piccolos. Woodwinds, but no reeds. So what vibrates? Just the air. That's right. All other instruments, it's a combination of air and something else vibrating against each other, and then the rest of the instrument is there to change pitch and amplify the sound and all that. But with flutes and piccolos, the production of sound is powered entirely by the player's breathing.

That's the basic physics of how instruments make sound, I guess. A lot of it is generalized, and (in case you couldn't tell) written from a predominantly flute/piccolo player. I do, however, also play some percussion from time to time.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote        
Heh, I use that logic when someone asks me if a tree makes any sound when it falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it. My answer is 'NO' it creates vibrations. Vibrations aren't sound unless the vibrations are translated into sound by some form of consciousness.
ArsenicKat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote        
If a sheep, or a goat I don't remember, walks into water they will sink because their anus is incapable of closing, so the water will fill them up that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next