Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 17

What is something you'd like
More Clothes
41%
 41%  [ 252 ]
Recolors of current items
3%
 3%  [ 20 ]
More Weapons
3%
 3%  [ 20 ]
More Magic Items
2%
 2%  [ 16 ]
New Layout
3%
 3%  [ 19 ]
More Quests (non-event related)
8%
 8%  [ 52 ]
Daily Chance
22%
 22%  [ 138 ]
Games(flash/other)
14%
 14%  [ 88 ]
Other (please specify in thread)
1%
 1%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 614

monk115

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
I would like some hair styles specifically geared toward the male comunity of the site.
Arthil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
What would really win the poll over is if there was a daily chance were you could get some clothes, money, some miscellaneous stuff, newbie repair hammers/picks/armor/spells and maybe even the chance of getting something rare... like a pet... or gold... or... something...
monk115

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quote        
I actually really agree with what Arthil said. That would be a helpful way to get the community more into the site and be on more, because in order to get most anything you have to post in a forum and sometimes it takes forever for someone else to post. Therefore if you gave away starter items and such it would show people the things they can get at an early time and therefor they would be way more interested in the site.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:39 am Reply with quote        
It's a good idea in theory, but I'm not sure how it'll pan out in practice.

monk115

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quote        
Well they pick one of the newer members everyday and they send them a gift without asking for something in return. They can leave a note with the item and say that what they got is only one of many amazing things that they can get for their avatar. The only way is to post post post.

Then the people that got the item would feel like they could actually do something other than spam walls.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote        
Possibly. I'd personally rather shoot for a newbie quest though. It wouldn't require any new coding (meaning it would take much less time to produce) and the user would learn more about the site from it.

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote        
I agree with Chu. It seems like a lot of new members are confused with the battle system when they join, so a newbie quest would be more valuable to teach them how it works. It doesn't necessarily makes the site more active, but chances are people will get bored of fighting alone in their corner all the time and will start checking the forums Wink

Gifts... well, they are nice, but everyone on avatar sites know that you should chat/post to get whatever you want, or learn it very quickly, so I don't really see a point in it. Of course, it could bring a bit more activity, but then again, I'd fear some people would spam just in hope to get something...

Also, even though it's not an official thing (meaning the admins/site has nothing to do with it), the Newcomers Help Center already offers a gift to all new members. I comes with a weapon, a few HP potions and a small amount of silver to help them start their journey, given by me or some other members. It's a bit limited, but if I ever get more money/special items, they might be offered to (in exchange for something (not money, but posting or something like that)).

monk115

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote        
You know what i do like though. The fact that you guys are actually listening to what we have to say and it isnt just going to some computer docubase. You actually want to make this an even better place than it already is. For this reason i thank you very much.
Arthil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
I understand where everyone is coming from, but I don't think I explained myself enough ^^;;

Have you ever been on GaiaOnline? They have a Daily Chance that gives out small amounts of currency and global items like fishing stuff. This could be used to Midorea's system (and I think the newbie quest is a great idea too).

See what I'm thinking is that there would be the option of learning the battle system in Midorea before going on to the forums, that way people don't feel pressured about doing it because it's there for their benefit. I think a daily chance would be useful although they could give out small amounts of money per day depending on where the user lives. There is always the 12-hour global cooldown based on Midorea's time system, but that's a detail thing since we're not all on the same boat for this. I'd vote all for the daily chance so it'll give out more money to those who are really trying to get something they saw in the shops that they like but since they're new they don't know how to make money as quickly (like me, I want a sorcerer's robe but I don't have the silver to buy it).
The clothing could be slightly better and it doesn't have to be armor prior to battling but you certainly don't want to be naked or wear brown all the time (I know I don't).

But if it's too much to ask then I can understand the pros and cons of it. It's up to Midorea, really... I just happen to voice my opinion XD

Don't get me wrong, I love Midorea (I really do) but it's very discouraging when I don't have another way of making money other than posting on the site and battling things that kill me and I have to spend more money to come back to life. And it's hard being a newbie when you don't know anyone and you're still getting used to the site so the Daily Chance would be a pick-me-up for sure.

Sorry if I confused/offended anyone I just really want to get more pocket change so I can get better avatar items. Bouncy Heart

If you EVER NEED an RP buddy for absolutely ANYTHING I will happily be your partner =3

Will you join my RP? http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=7624
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote        
See, I'm kinda unsure about the Daily Chance. Not because of the coding and all, but simply because, in itself, it doesn't make people more active on the site, which is what Midorea would need.
Sure, they need to log in to claim whatever it is the Daily Chance gives, but if they have nothing to make them want to stay, they can just log in, grab their goodies and log off.
I'd kinda prefer having something where people have to actually post (or do something on the site) to get prizes, since it makes them site more active and thus more attractive for other members ('cause let's face it, dead forums are boring). But that'd be complicated to make...

Anyway, it's just my opinion. Wink

Arthil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
True, true. I didn't even think of the coding it would take....

... I still vote for more magi-looking clothes =U

If you EVER NEED an RP buddy for absolutely ANYTHING I will happily be your partner =3

Will you join my RP? http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=7624
CyriiusBB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
I was kind of torn between Quests and Games. Both I think would be a neat add. Wink
Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
Personally I don't like the Daily Chance - Or rather, I wouldn't if there was a chance to get really rare costumes in it.... See, this is rather bias of me because I have a track record of bad luck and the previous site I was on annoyed the heck outta me 'cos I spent a lot of money (including real) on something I'd actually wanted for ages, and then a giveaway happened that loads of lucky people got that same thing for free... 'course I wasn't one of 'em.

If they're just smaller items like some silver / maybe a random common / weapon etc, then go for it.
Though it's not really a bad idea, I'm just really bitter about that xD

Sour grapes aside.... I actually voted for more clothes but I will agree with many in wanting more male oriented hair-styles - 'cos I'd probably actually wear 'em on my female *-* And a lot of the hair so far is pretty girly.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Tylica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
Would more clothes AND recolours be an option? Or am I just greedy? o.O;

But Disappears If I'm With Someone New
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote        
Recolors are coming up anyway, since you (meaning the members) earned them during our last birthday event. Well, they would have come up day or another anyway, but it would have take longer... Anyway, there's also a discussion about adding other colors here, if you want to share your opinion.

More clothes... well, if people could give better example of what they would like, it'd certainly make things easier, or faster, or both. It doesn't mean that everything suggested will be made into items, but it could always inspire the artists. We have an item suggestion and feedback thread here, if anyone's interested. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next