Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeah, we probably should. Don't wanna miss my first day of work!" Sirrane made a little small bounce, showing her excitement. She couldn't explain why it was she was so excited in the first place, considering it was the same job she'd held for the past year or so, just in different places. Perhaps it was because it was in a place that she actually liked already that she was so ready to work there. The smith did seem a little odd, and seemed to give Iregi a strange look for a split second, before actually addressing her.

As they left the shop, Sirrane decided to get some info about the dinner crowd. She was pretty sure this wouldn't be the case, but she needed to know if they would be a rowdy bunch or not, so she could be prepared. She'd been in her share of rowdy taverns, but more often than not she (along with the company she kept at Lord Tegan's estate which included, but was to limited to, a goat man) had been the reason they were rowdy to begin with. One thing was certain: she could get a crowd riled up with little to know effort, leaving a tavern in shambles after she left it. Literally and metaphorically.

However, Sirrane had never been on the employed end of her hedonistic shenanigans until the first job she had after she left Tarveil. It was then she realized how miserable a time she gave those poor tavern owners and their staff. The crowd was a bit more malicious than the ones she ran with, which made the experience even more dreadful. Luckily, she was fired a short time later, after an incident with a customer, who swore she'd gotten his order wrong, though she knew for a fact that she didn't. Her employer intervened and after soothing the customer's temper, told her to make what the customer requested, and get out. Fortunately for her (and not for her employer or the customer), that meant that as soon as she served him his meal, she no longer worked there anyway, so she took the liberty of grinding up a few of the bugs in the back kitchen and mixing it in with the bowl of assorted nuts and berries. He was none the wiser.

She chuckled to herself, thinking of her past handy work, but stopped, thinking just how horrible that is to do to someone. She must focus on the task at hand, so as to keep her job. She turned to Iregi as they walked.

"So, what's the dinner crowd at the Crested Griffin like? Any tips on how to deal with rowdy customers?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote        
Isroen shook the hand nervously, glancing beyond the innkeeper to the notice board, where he saw his own face glaring back at him. He gulped and said, 'The pleasure is mine.. I think.'
Amalia put a hand on his shoulder. 'He is looking for a job here at the Crested Griffin. But... we've got an odd situation here, you see...' And she began to explain what was going on.

Chiru sniffed the air. Mouse. Hungry. He ran outside and followed the trail. Two-legs watching. Two-leg aproaching. Sharp object.
He could sense danger aproaching as a large man came running towards him, holding an axe and saying, 'Ruddy foxes! They cause nuthin' but trouble!' Chiru's tail flicked and he ran between the man's legs. Friend scent. He followed this time the scent of Sirrane, and found her walking towards the inn. His ears pricked forward. He jumped onto her shoulder and licked her ear in a friendly gesture.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote        
As she awaited an answer from Iregi, she heard a bit of a ruckus come from the direction of the inn, and saw Chiru scurrying up to them.

Isn't that Amalia's...? "Oh!" Sirrane jumped slightly in surprise as the fox jumped up on to her should and licked her face. "Haha! Hey little guy! Good to see that tumble earlier didn't slow ya down. Hm?" She looked up to see a large man with an axe tromping around.

"Uh oh." She glanced at the fox on her shoulder. "Chiru, did you have anything to do with this, hm?" She gave a wink. "Well no worries. I'm sure the Inn has a back entrance. We'll just sneak around him. Right Iregi?" She nudged him, just to give him a little incentive.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
"A kick in the crotch usually does the trick," Iregi said with a smile. Truth be told, very few people actually messed with the Zuntai brothers and their inn. A few drunks maybe, but they were easily dealt with.

He jumped as something jumped on Sirrane's shoulder, its furry tail brushing against his arm. A surprised look replaced his usual smile, but following Sirrane's look, she noticed a large man apparently wanting to get rid of the fox. "Hm, yes, yes, the back door," he said, leading the way around a small group of people chatting nearby and around the corner of the building to make sure the man wouldn't notice them.

Wachiru listened to what Amalia had to say. Fortunately, the few people in the inn at that time were busy talking, and too far away to hear their conversation. The man rubbed his chin, thinking about what he could do. Sure, he love someone else to help take care of the inn, but he wasn't sure he could trust the new man. Amalia looked trustworthy though, but then again, they had only met the day before. However, hospitality was important for the Zuntai...

The man shrugged and sighed. He then headed for the board, looking for something. Large bounty, he thought as he found the ad for Isroen's head. I wonder what he's done for that. He grabbed the paper and pulled it off the board before returning behind the bar to pursue their conversation. The gesture could have looked weird somewhere else, but it was usually what happened when someone took on a quest for the inn; they took the ad out. Thus, the customers didn't mind.

"It's a custom for my people to greet newcomers with open arms, and to try to help them as best as we could. However, well, this is a inn. Many people pass here, the usual townsfolk, but travellers too. There's no saying one of them couldn't recognize you..." He paused, looking at the man to make sure he understood. He then gave a small shrug before pursuing. "Luckily, a inn needs a lot of work behind the scene, or more likely in the kitchen. No customer could see you there. So, if you want to, I could give you a job there, making the small chores and all." He waited to see the other reaction before he added more details.

Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote        
((short because I am sleepyyyyyyy Duh))

Sirrane followed Iregi around back, Chiru hunched on her shoulder. When they made it around the corner, she plucked the fox from her shoulder and set him on the ground. "There ya go. You owe me one, haha! Stay outta trouble, all right? I'm sure Amalia wouldn't be happy if something happened to you. Promise?" She then turned to Iregi. "Well then. Shall we?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote        
Amalia beamed at Wachiru. 'Thank you. You are kind, I doubt many other people would understand. And I'll make sure he doesn't get in to any mischief,' she added with slight chuckle, poking Isroen with her elbow.
Isroen roled his eyes. 'I guess you haven't changed as much as I thought,' he muttered, poking her back. He looked down at the paper. 'Doesn't resemble me all that much,' he said, grinning, 'This might just work.'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru smiled. "Well then, let me show you your new work place then!" he said, passing on the other side of the counter and waiting at the entrance of the hall for Amalia and Isroen, making them a sign to follow him. He entered the hall and turned in the first door to the right, entering a large kitchen that was quite empty. In fact, there was no one in it.

Wachiru stopped in the middle, near a large table that served to prep things, and waited for the two to join him before he spoke again. "So, as you can see, those are the ovens, the sinks and the fridges," he said, showing the three main wall of the room. He then pointed at a small door in the other wall. "This leads to the cellar, where we keep most of our beers and other drinks, and also stock of some common things."

The man pondered for a few seconds. "Basically, I need someone to cook the food and prepare the platters, and obviously help with the cleaning afterwards. Sirrane and I will manage the service part of the work, as it wouldn't be a good idea to have you serve the clients anyway, just in case one recognize you." He paused, letting the other the time to take it all in, before adding: "I can't pay you much, probably only 100 silver per week for now, but you will have a room and three meals a day too. So, what do you say?" He waited for an answer, his arms crossed on his chest.

Iregi reached a hand into his pocket, searching for the key to the back door. He never used it much, since he passed by the front door all the time. The inn was rarely full anyway when he came back from his shopping trip, and thus very few people minded seeing him pass with a bag of grocery. "Ah, there you go!" he said, finally taking the key out. He turned it in the lock and pushed the door before taking it back and replacing it where it went. He held the door open for Sirrane to enter before he followed, making sure to close the door and lock it back behind them.

"Oh, I'm guessing you have not been here before," he said as he took the lead, guiding her around the corner of the small hall they were in. "This is the end of the service hall. Basically, it turns right after the kitchen, and then one more time after the storeroom... just give me a second," he said as he passed the first corner and arrived in front of a door labelled "employee only".

Iregi opened the door and entered the storeroom, basically a piece filled with shelving units containing anything the inn could need. "This is were we keep the various supplies we need. Sheets, blankets and pillows are in those closed cedar cabinets," he said, pointing at a wall covered by heavy cabinet, some of them quite blank and others with fine detail on them. "And the rest is for all the brooms, nails, soaps, etc."

The young man grabbed the goods he had gotten from the blacksmith and carefully went to place them on the shelve they were supposed to be. He then place the bag full of mouse traps in a corner. "I'll take care of that later," he said, brushing his hands and replacing his vest on his shoulder. "For now we need to get ready for the evening," he added with a smile as he exited the room and guided Sirrane along the rest of the hall.

"Those are the rooms you've seen before," he said, pointing at some doors along the way. "They are all similar and kept for the employees who need to take a short break. And this is the kitchen," Iregi said as he passed the door frame. He paused, surprised to see so many people in there. He recognized Amalia, but the man standing beside her... He was sure he had seen him before, but he could not remember. Oh well, he thought. " 'evening, all!" he said joyfully.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote        
Sirrane paid close attention as she was guided throughout the back of the inn, making mental notes of where everything was. As then entered the kitchen, she was surprised to see another figure among the two she already knew. Huh...I don't recall seeing hi before...must be another employee. She merely shrugged and followed Iregi into the kitchen.

"Found 'im!" She smiled, and looked around her feet for Chiru who was with her when she saw him last. "Hey Amalia. Chiru should be here somewhere, he got into a bit of an altercation with some guy outside, but he managed to find us as we were returning, so we took him around back with us." She nodded towards the young man standing next to her. "Who's your friend?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
Isroen followed the inn-keeper silently, listening to him as he talked. 'That's alright,' he said. 'I'm not the type to want to buy everything I see.' Or steal. I only take the essential and nothing else. No, I only took the essential. It's all in the past now.
He looked around the empty kitchen. 'I'll do my best,' he said with a small smile. Maybe he wasn't all that crazy to try this after all.

Amalia watched as her new-found brother went with Wachiru. She turned as she heard Sirrane and Iregi coming. 'Hello,' she said, 'that's my brother.' She wasn't surprised to hear that Chiru had gotten himself in trouble while wandering off. It wasn't the first time, and probably not the last. 'He'll be fine. He's good at looking after himself.'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru nodded. "Well then, let's get ready for tonight!" he said happily. He showed a corner of the room where a few aprons and towels were hanging. "You can put on one of those, if you think you'll need it. For now, I need to go back to the counter," he said, excusing himself and making his way behind the bar as the bell above the door rang many times, announcing the arrival of many customers.

Iregi was already behind the bar, getting a few glasses ready and chatting with some customers about the current state of the town. "looks like tonight will be a busy night," he said with a smile as his brother joined him. They exchanged a smile and went on with the early orders of drinks.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote        
"Your brother's gonna work here? That's great! Wachiru's gettin' help from everywhere huh?" Sirrane grinned. "Well, I better head out there! If that bell's indication, my first night's gonna be a busy one. Lemme know if you need anything Amalia!" With that, she strode out the door and into the tavern area.

She slowed her walk as she entered, looking around at the patrons that were steadily streaming through the door.

All right Sirrane, it's your first night. Let's start by greeting the patrons and getting some orders.

However, as she looked about the room, it occurred to her that she wasn't quite sure where exactly to start. She didn't know the patrons that well, and while Wachiru didn't really seem the sort, there are some tavern owners that have rules as far as which customers take precedent as far as service is concerned. She walked to the bar and tried to get Iregi's attention. "Hey, uhm, jsut a quick question before I get started, if htere any certain way to go about serving the customers? I mean, do you have any customers that I should serve first, or should I just pick a table?"

As she spoke she realized how insipid that question could be perceived. But she figured the most Iregi would do is make fun of her later, and it didn't hurt to ask...just in case.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
Isroen took the apron and put it on. He then looked around the kitchen, feeling quite lost and unsure of what to do. He had only just met his long-lost sister and somehow had ended up working at an inn. He had never really imagined anything like this would happen. He decided to go down to the fridge and cupboards and see what they had.

Now more familiar with this place, he paced around, wondering whether he should start cooking now, or wait until he got an order. Again he had that uncomfortable feeling of not knowing what to do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote        
Iregi looked at Sirrane, processing the question and trying to find a good answer. "I normally go for a first come, first serve kind of thing," he said, wondering if it made any difference. Most of the people coming to the inn just wanted to eat, drink and rest, so they were usually pretty cool. Well, before they got drunk, at least. "Just go with what you feel though," he added, hoping that was of any help. With that, he resumed what he was doing, which at the time was getting a platter and putting a dozen of mugs on it, before filling them with a dark brown ale.

((Short post, just wanted to keep things moving...))

setsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
Melwe frowned at the eviction notice in her hand, and crumpled it into a ball, shaking her head. "I guess I'd better find a temporary place to stay.." she muttered to herself, looking up at the buildings around her. "The bank could have at least given me some more time.. it's not like it's my fault the home owner went and attacked an earth dragon with a volleyball and paid the price" She wandered around a corner without paying much attention, and bumped into a stranger coming out of a building. She hurriedly sputtered apologies, and looked up at the building the man had come from.
"Crested Griffin Inn, eh? How have I missed this place in my time here?" she shrugged, and stepped into the establishment, taking a glance around to get her bearings before approaching the bar with a halfhearted smile.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote        
Wachiru finishing serving one of the client, a man he saw pretty often at the inn, between to "mission" to the corners of Midorea. He smiled and they exchange a few words before the man went to sit at a table, next to some of his friends. The innkeeper turned his head to the next person approaching the bar, a young female he didn't remember seeing before. "Good evening ma'am," he said with a smile. "What can I do for you?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next