Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru waved at the girl as she exited, suddenly doubting it was a good idea to send her after Iregi... and to hire her. Just don't let her close to breakable stuff, he thought, taking a mental note. With a shrug, the man looked around. There were two old customers drinking in a corner, but the rest of the inn was now empty. Wachiru headed toward them to refill their pint, and then he pursued to go prepare the meal for this evening. Once that was done, he went upstairs and prepared a room for Sirrane, adjusting the bed and making sure everything was alright. He finally returned downstairs, ready to meet anyone that would show up for dinner and the usual "evening at the pub".

killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am Reply with quote        
Amalia listened quietly as her brother told him her story. 'No one survived?' she asked. Isroen shook his head. She felt tears come to her eyes. This discovery made her wish to visit her village again much stronger. She couldn't believe it. She just couldn't until she'd seen it with her own eyes. 'And you have been living like this ever since?'
'Yes. I must say, I was quite surprised to meet you. I had no idea they had put up wanted posters of me.' He grinned at her. 'You've changed.'
'We both have, brother. Where is that kid I used to chase around the village trying to stop him from reaching the old oak tree first?'
Isroen chuckled as he remembered all those things they got up to together. They were inseperable. 'Oh, the good old days. Remember those honey cakes grandmother used to bake for us sometimes and we ate in the shade of the old oak tree? And the little mice that would come and nibble at the crumbs and we would watch them from up in the branches?'
Amalia smiled. She could see the spark of excitment alight in his eyes again, yet there was still something different.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane walked into the street, following the directions Wachiru gave her.

Really Sirrane? Really? You just had to...oh screw it. Let's find this guy. Can't let the boss down, not after that little display.

She took this time to get to know the streets, vendors, shops, markets, and various people. She asked for directions a couple of times, and the citizens were happy to oblige. Soon, she found her way to a bazaar of sorts, and happened to see a familiar face in the crowd.

"Aha! There he is! Iregi! Ire-oop, there he goes." Slipping through the crowd as quickly and politely as she could, she finally managed to catch up with him. She gently tugged at his sleeve.

"Aaaannnd caught ya Iregi! "

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote        
((No, you caught a giant orc warrior that looks exactly like Iregi from the back. Now fear his wrath Twisted Evil ))

Iregi jumped as he feel something tugging his sleeve, dropping the bag of rather large mouse traps he was carnying on a shoulder to the ground. He looked around to see who had done that, only to come face to face with Sirrane. It took him a moment to identify the girl, but when he did, his thoughts all turned around the fact that the last time he had seen her, she was laying in a bed, almost unable to walk or speak.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" he asked, curious. He just couldn't understand how she could be running after him in the crowded streets while she looked so sick only a few hours before.

Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quote        
"Wachiru sent me to look for you. He seemed a bit worried because you've been gone so long." Sirrane flashed a smile, and let go of his sleeve.

She took a step back, and did a little twirl. "Surprised to see me up and about? After you left, Amalia brought this medicine, really did the trick. Sorry if I surprised you. Here, lemme help you pick these up." She knelt down and began to pick up the mouse traps that had fallen to the ground.

"Was this all you were getting? Wachiru said you had some other supplies to pick up."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote        
"Oh, glad to see you're better!" the young man answered with a smile. "And yeah, I think I forgot what time it was..." he added, scratching is head and blushing a little, although it was barely visible behind his dark skin.

"Nah, those are for a... hm, special job," Iregi said, kneeling down and starting to put the mouse traps into the bag. He had promised the old Doug, one of the food suppliers of the inn, that he would help cleaning his warehouse from a rat infestation. But since it wasn't really a good rumor to spread, he preferred not talking to much about it in a public place. The old Doug would kill me if I did, he thought with a smile.

Having gotten all the trap back safely into the bag, he got up and reached a hand to help Sirrane. He then placed the bag back on his shoulder. "I still need to pass by the blacksmith shop to get a few items before I go back to the inn. Do you want to come with me?" he asked. A little company on the way wouldn't be unpleasant.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote        
Amalia thought for a few moments. 'Maybe, maybe in a few weeks, if you stop stealing, then they'll take away all the posters? Then you will be able to find a job! Maybe you could work at the inn I'm staying at, at the moment.'
Isroen snorted. 'You must be barking! Things like that don't get forgotten over a few weeks' time! It would take years to truly rub that mark off! Not that I'd turn away from my current way anyway.'
'Come on, brother! Please! How can you like being a criminal? And the inn-keeper seems understanding enough! I'm sure he'd let you work there if we explained.'
Isroen stared at his sister. She was really talking seriously. He sighed. 'I do not like being a criminal, I have never liked it. And what if someone recognises me? I'd have to be on the run again and the inn-keeper will probably get in trouble. And besides, I'm used to doing things and living on my own now.
'Please, try it, for old time's sake.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
After helping clean up the traps, Sirrane took the hand offered to help her up.

"Thanks," She stood and dusted herself off a bit. "Sure, if you don't mind the company. Though I think we should be a tad quick about it. Don't want Wachiru to think we've both gone missing. And I need to get back for the evening crowd." She gave a self-assured smirk, pointing a thumb to her chest. "I'm a new employee!"

She started to walk in the direction Iregi had been heading when she caught him, then stopped. "Oh, by the way, I returned you bell. Wachiru should have it at the bar."

((short blah...I'm running lowwww))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote        
Iregi nodded at Sirrane's comment. The crowd will start to arrive soon at the Crested Griffin, and Wachiru would surely love some help. Fortunately for them, the blacksmith was but a few blocks and bridges away.

He smiled as she said she was a new employee. "Good! I didn't have much luck finding any in town, and we could really use some help now," he said as he started to walk beside the woman. "And thanks for returning my bell," he added with a smile. Though it was only a simple bell, he had gotten used to it and appreciated having it by his side.

"So, what motivated you to accept the job?" he asked after a moment as they walked, feeling like chatting a bit.

Atraea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane slowed a bit at Iregi's question, it suddenly occurring to her that she wasn't quite sure. The simple answer was that she was in town, and needed a job. It just happened that the Crested Griffin was hiring, and she had what they needed. Though, normally she would've scouted first. This was a big city, there could be other inns. Bigger ones. Better ones. Better paying ones for that matter.

Why...did I pick this one?

She did not doubt her choice, she had the job, and she could already tel that she was going to enjoy working there. There was nothing wrong with it.

So...what does it matter?

She stopped, raised her eyes to his, and gave another smile, but this one was less forced, less excited, but more...genuine. The smile that showed a kind of satisfaction when one realizes that everything worked out without them actually having to try, and knowing pondering over it wouldn't do anything but ruin the experience. When she spoke, her voice wasn't as loud, but at least enough to where she knew Iregi would hear her over the buzz of he crowd. She gave a small shrug.

"I dunno. Does it matter?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
'I'm mad, to try this. Absolutely bonkers. We'r probably going to run right into a guard standing right next to a wanted poster.' Isroen kept muttering to hisself all the way back to the city.
Amalia grinned at him. If he really believed what he was saying he would be turning around and walking the other way. Chiru nipped at his feet, sensing that Amalia knew him and jumped onto his shoulder. Isroen let out a yell and pushed the fox off. 'Bloody animal! Where did you get it?' he said through gritted teeth. Amalia chuckled.
They arrived at the entrance, passing through the gates among the crowd of busy people. With all this confusion, it was unlikely that someone would spot him. Whenever Amalia saw a wanted poster of him, she would take it down and stow it away. They would be needed no more. 'Ah, here we are,' she said, pointing him toward the inn. Isroen looked a bit doubtfull at the door, but with a littlo push from Amalia he entered.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote        
((Coral is a very manly color, perfect for a blacksmith XP))

Iregi looked at the woman as she appeared to search for an answer. Although what she finally said was a bit of a surprise, he kinda liked it. "No, I guess it doesn't," he said with a smile. Truth be told, as long as she worked correctly, he didn't mind why she had chosen to work at the inn. Another pair of hands was more than welcome! And anyway, she didn't look like some kind of criminal or shady person looking for a hideout.

They crossed a small bridge, one of many in the town, and then passed beside a small flower store and a quiet park. The crowd was getting less dense and the sounds of nature, or in this case of a hammer hitting metal, could clearly be heard. "Ah, here we are," Iregi said, pointing at a banner showing and anvil and hammer, the well-known sign for a blacksmith shop.

The man moved toward the door, which was kept open to let the hot air escape. Apparently, the smith and his apprentice were busy at the back of the shop, so Iregi moved in and rang a large bell that was placed on the counter. After a minute or so, the smith appeared around the corner of the wall, a man of an advanced age but still in a good physical shape.

"Well, well, what do you want this time, Iregi?" he asked with a large smile, rubbing his hands with a dirty rag to clean them a bit.

"I'd need two boxes of nails, and that hammer I brought you the other day. And the set of knives too, if you had the time to sharpen them."

"Sure thing," the man answered, before he returned to the back of the store. After some talking with his assistant, he came back with the requested items. "Here you go. Nails, hammer and knives," he said, placing the items on the counter and looking for a box or bag to put them in.

Iregi grabbed some of the silver he kept in his pocket and dropped a small pouch of them on the counter just as the smith found a suitable box on the ground and placed his things into it. They exchanged a few comments on the items, weather, tourism and other things.

Before they left, the blacksmith seemed to suddenly notice the young woman standing in his shop, with Iregi. "Oh, sorry, my sight is not as good as it was before," he said, blushing a little and coming closer to her to shake her hand. "So, who are you, young miss?" he asked, wondering if Iregi had finally met someone...

Atraea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote        
((Coral is reserved for the manliest of men, those that ooze machismo.))

Sirrane enjoyed the walk with Iregi. The scenery of the city was beautiful. It didn't have the salty air wafting in from the sea port as Tarveil did, but instead carried a different scent. Lush and floral, which was just as good. She slowed a bit at the flower shop, taking in all the scents. She made a mental note to come back there when she had some free time. She caught back up with Iregi, and soon they'd arrived at the Blacksmith's.

Hot in here...She fanned herself a bit, and stood patiently, letting Iregi take care of his business. She looked around to pass the time, letting her thoughts wander. She held her hands behind her back, twiddling her fingers, and rocking back and forth on her heels idly.

Not a bad place to become horribly ill, heh. Good choice. Maybe this time it'll pan out. You can stay for more than 2 months.

Just as they were about to leave, she heard the blacksmith address her, then approach her with an outstretched hand. She took it and shook it politely, introducing herself.

"Hi! Sirrane Urthad. It's a pleasure, sir."

((bah...running low on creative fuel...and I'm hungry. MUST FEED))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quote        
The bell rang as he and Amalia entered the inn. 'Come on,' she said, tugging at him to come to the counter, where Wachiru sat.
Isroen scowled slightly, not liking being tugged, but did not object all the same. He stood nervously in front of who he supposed was the inn-keeper.
'Hello, Wachiru. This is my brother.'

((rargh,, short post Dx and yes, coral is the manliest of all colours. btw, this laptop that I'm using right now has a spelling-check thing and it thinks 'colours' is wrong and that it should be 'colors'. stupid american-made laptop!))

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
((Weirdly enough, my computers both have Canadian dictionaries on, and they think color is wrong... XP))

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Sirrane! I'm Gerd the Smith, though I guess you already noticed that," the old blacksmith answered with a smile. "I don,t think I've seen you before. Then again, there's many travellers in this town, and few of them hangout in my shop," he added, thinking about the last time he had saw a girl in his shop. A call coming from the back of the shop brought him back to reality. "Oh right, can't leave the young one alone for too long! Well, t'was a pleasure to meet you!" With that, he headed back to the forging room, yelling something along the way that couldn't be clearly heard from where Sirrane and Iregi were standing.

"Ah, old Gerd is a bit weird sometimes, but he's one of the best smith in town," Iregi said, looking at the man as he went away. He brought his eyes back on Sirrane. "Well, I guess we should head back to the inn now," he said with a smile, leading the way out of the shop and into the streets. He could already notice there were less people in the streets, most being busy eating at this hour, and figured the inn would soon receive its share of costumers. Although his brother would not mind if he wasn't there, it wasn't the best idea for Sirrane to miss her first day of work.

Wachiru lifted his head as he heard the bell rang. Only a few people had showed up for dinner by now, but he was sure a most of the crowd would come later, for the usual evening drink. He was a bit surprised - and relieved - to see Amalia entered. The strange man she was dragging with her, however, gave him a strange impression. He was sure he had already seen the face before, though he couldn't figure out where. He shrugged as she introduced him as her brother. "Please to meet you!" he said with a smile, reaching a hand over the countertop in the usual greeting gesture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next