Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Introduction ::.

As you walk through the streets of the Great Gated City, a large building suddenly catches your attention. Made of large grey carved stones, with a massive dark wood door, a large sign hangs above its entrance. You approach to take a closer look at it and the smells of freshly-baked breads and other goodies come to your nose. The sign shows a large griffin with a pint of beer in his paw, the words "The Crested Griffin" and "Inn" written respectively above and below the creature. The rumors of active conversations reach your ears, and your curiosity pushes you to go see what's going on inside.

As you pass the door, a small bell rings to indicate the arrival of new customer. A large man cleaning the bar immediately lifts his head and looks at you. "Come in," he said with a deep voice, making you a sign to come closer. "I don't remember seeing you here before," he says. "My name is Wachiru, and I'm the bartender and owner of this shiny inn. What can I get you?" You introduce yourself and order something. While the bartender goes to the kitchen to get your order, you take a look around.

The main room is large, with many tables and chairs placed all around. A few people are sitting and eating in their corner, but there is still lots of free space. On the right side of the entrance, you see a board, with the sign "Quests" above it. The bar starts right beside the board and covers all the rest of the wall. At the end, a large staircase goes up, to the rooms you guess. A small half-opened door behind it reveals a smaller staircase going down to the basement. Beside the staircase, a hall goes to the back of the building, where you hear the sounds of a busy kitchen. The wall behind you is occupied mainly by a large stone fireplace, with comfortable armchairs and small coffee tables placed in front of it. Almost everything in the room is made of a dark wood, the same used for the door and window cases.

Wachiru, the innkeeper, soon comes back with your order and places it down in front of you. Noticing you are studying the inn, he says: "She's pretty, eh? We work hard everyday to keep this place nice and friendly for travellers and locals. Anyway, if you need anything, just ask!" With that, he returns to his business and leaves you to yours.

Introduction // Rules // Profile Skeleton // Characters and Players // Tribes and Races // Settings // Quests
Reserved // Reserved // Reserved

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Rules ::.

Follow Midorea's rules and ToS.

Be respectful. Of Midorea, of me, of your fellow role-players and Midoreans, and of yourself.

Be as literate as you can. This doesn't mean you need to post "walls of text", but try to avoid easy spelling and punctuation mistakes. OOC is allowed, but should be kept in between double parenthesis and at the beginning or end of your post only.

If a setting is marked as unaccessible, or if a tribe is listed as not available, don't use it. I'm not doing that to annoy you, but to prevent having problems with those things later. The unavailable stuff is mostly things about which we don't have much information, and by respect for the admin and crew, I don't want to screw those things up by making them something they weren't supposed to be, or to have to change everything because it doesn't fit anymore with the new information.

I can add new rules at any time.

Introduction // Rules // Profile Skeleton // Characters and Players // Tribes and Races // Settings // Quests

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Profile Skeleton ::.

If you want to join, just fill a profile and post it in the OOC. You can play without a profile, and if you just want to drop in sometimes that's fine, but if you're planning to hang around for a longer time, I suggest you fill up one. Please PM me a link to your post after that, so that I can add you to the players list, and also do any modification I ask you to do.
Before you start to fill information in, I strongly suggest you read the rest of the setup posts (about settings, tribes and all) and the links I've given in those, and also take a look at profiles from other players and PM me if you have any question or ask them in the OOC. This will save us both some time correcting simple mistakes.
You can have up to 5 characters, unless I've said otherwise. Mkay, thanks!

Code:
Name: (you OC name)
Tribe: (pick one of the tribes that hasn't a red name; if you're not sure, go with nomad)
Age: (your OC age, above 10 unless I say you can have something else)
Birthday: (your OC birthday)
Sex: (your OC gender: male, female, hermaphrodite, none)
Orientation: (what your OC is: gay, bi, straight, none... No perversion please.)
Description: (one paragraph for physical, one for mental, and one for powers/abilities/weaknesses/etc, if you have any; pictures can be used, but only as an extra info and linked)
Biography: (a little story about your OC, what he/she did before)
Played by: (your username)

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Characters and Players ::.

The characters with the mention [NPC] are available for anyone to play, as long as they stay in character. This means that, if the person responsible of a certain NPC isn't online for some time, you can make the NPC answer to your own character. Just remember to stay in character! The characters that don't show the mention [NPC] are the property of their creator and can only by used by that person.

Wachiru // [NPC] - Maeve
Iregi // [NPC] - Maeve
Amalia // killerkitty
Rikia // bellblosem
Leon Wallace // Squall_Leonhart152
Sirrane // Atraea
Melwe // setsu

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Tribes and races ::.

((Tribes with
red names are not available yet and are only listed for information purpose.))
((Interesting Link: Midorea's Story))

The Tribes:
The B'asat Iqui:

The B'asat Iqui tribe was formed at the beginning of the seventh earth. The Iquian culture is similar to the ancient Mayans and Incas. They are said to take the form of a jaguar during an eclipse. The Iquians live in the mountainous province of Iqui.

The Cyphirias:
This Cyphirias tribe was formed at the beginning of the fifth earth. They live in the province of the same name. They are much like the ancient Egyptians. Not much is known about them.

The Deities:
The Deities are the creators of everything great and small on Midorea. They are also the ones who protect the Midoreans, along with the Lower Deities. They are said to live in a wonderful place called the Secret Garden, where the tree of knowledge is kept. They can also be seen from time to time walking on Midorea, either in a human form or in their original form, a proud and noble centaur.

The Fallen Deities:
The Fallen Deities were once Deities like the other, but they lost their status by committing a treason against the other Deities. There is only one known Fallen Deity, a male, who helped the humans challenge the Deities. He is said to reside in an underground hideout, where he still plots the demise of the Deities.

The Horai:
The Horans were formed at the beginning of the Fourth earth. They pride themselves on their knowledge and intellect. They are quite advanced in terms of technology, and in general, and can be compared to the Chinese of the past. They live in the province of Horai.

The Jobe:
The Jobian tribe came to be after the flood that destroyed the first earth. They live in the state of Jobylon. They are mostly shepherds and their culture is inspired by the middle-east.

The Lebel:
The Tribe of Lebel was the first tribe. Their descendants live in the province of Lebelia. They are said to have a Mediterranean-inspired culture. Not much is known about their ancestors, as most information was lost in the flood that destroyed the first earth.

The Lower Deities:
The Lower Deities are in charge of watching and protecting the seven tribes and every single member of it. They also have to help keep the peace between the tribes. They were usually nomadic humans and were chosen by the Deities, though some are said to have been member of the seven tribes. They live on the Mystical Island, but can often be found wandering through Midorea to accomplish their mission.

The Naquirfa:
The Naquirfans were formed at the beginning of the sixth earth. Their descendants are said to have fish-like abilities & appearance. They live in a culture similar to the one of medieval Europe. They reside in a swampy province called Narquirfis.

The Nomadic Humans:
The Nomadic Humans are a group of people who have refused to join the tribes at the beginning of each new earth. Since they have not been part of any tribe, they are the perfect candidates to become Lower Deities. Thus, a few of them were chosen to serve the Deities and help keep the peace between Midoreans. The Nomadic Humans who were not chosen by the Deities made their own country on the southern side of Midorea, a small land simply called the Nomad Land. Some of them also live in Midorea.

The Zuntai:
The Zuntai Tribe was created at the beginning of the third earth. Zuntans are like the Africans of the past, though they do not all have black skin, since they originated from a group of nomadic humans like all the other tribes. They live in the province of Zuntai, on the eastern side of Midorea.

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Settings ::.

((Places with
red names are not accessible yet and are only listed for information purpose.))
((Interesting Links: Picture of the Great Gated City))

Midorea:
Midorea is a large island country divided in 8 provinces. One of those provinces is reserved as a neutral zone, where the capital is located, and the others are the homes of each of the seven tribes. The country shows a wide variety of climates and landscapes. The southern region is covered by jungle, while a large desert occupies the north-western corner. Large mountains also run through the country, along with many rivers and lakes.
The population of Midorea is a strange mix of the seven larger tribes, each with their own look and culture, smaller and less known clans, and foreigners. Though some conflicts arise from time to time, it is a peaceful place most of the time. The country is governed by Deities, which can sometimes be seen in a human form or in their natural centaur form running through the lands.
A wide range of creatures and monsters can also be found living through Midorea. Some of them are peaceful and will stay far away from humanoid populations to live their own life, but other can be annoying, taking pleasure in stealing and destroying other's properties. It is common for Midoreans to hunt down the latter, for the safety of all.

The Crested Griffin Inn:
The Crested Griffin is a large inn located in the Great Gated City. Its door is always open and it is a good place to relax and learn more about the activities going on at the time in the city. The main room is large, with many tables and chairs placed all around. On the right side of the entrance, there's a large board with the header "Quests" above it. The bar starts right beside the board and covers all the rest of the wall. At the end, a large staircase goes up, to the rented rooms. A small half-opened door behind it reveals a smaller staircase going down to the basement. Beside the staircase, a hall goes to the back of the building, where you hear the sound of a busy kitchen. The wall at your left when you enter is occupy mainly by a large stone fireplace, with comfortable armchairs and small coffee tables placed in front of it. Almost everything in the room is made of a dark wood, the same used for the door and window cases.

The Great Gated City:
The Great Gated City is the capital of Midorea and is located in a neutral zone. It is the center of all activities in Midorea, where most of the festivals and celebrations are held. It gets is named from the arid desert-like mountains that surrounds it, with only one river crossing them and the city. The river is the only way to access the Great Gated City and is heavily guarded.
The architecture is ancient-looking and could be compared to a mix of classical Greek, Roman, Mayan, Indian with a hint of Chinese and Japanese influences. Those peoples are only quoted for reference, as the architecture of the Great City was influenced by the different tribes.
The weather in the city is warm all-year round (75-85°F), though it does get a bit cooler during the winter time (50-60°F). It can occasionally get cold enough to snow. Due to this mild weather, the landscape around the city is mostly made of jungles, with a lot of small creeks and rivers running through the city. Some people even say that there are more rivers than roads.

The Mystical Island:
The Mystical Island is the residence of the Lower Deities. It is located on th eastern side of the Midorean island and is of a much smaller size. Very few details are known about it, since normal humans are not allowed to travel there.

The Nomads's Land:
The Nomad Land is a smaller country located on a peninsula in the center of Midorea. It is bordered by the neutral zone and by the Narquirfis region on land, and by the sea for the rest. It is where the nomadic humans reside. Unlike Midorea, this region is governed by its inhabitants.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Quests ::.

As you approach the large announce board at the entrance of the inn, you notice a large header at the top. "Quests", it says, with a smaller inscription right under it, "Contact Iregi at the bar for information and to take on a quest". Lots of small sheets of paper of different colors cover the rest of the board, each with various requests on them. You look at some, wondering what kind of work they might require. It could give you something fun to do.

Blue papers:
Deliver a letter
Deliver a package
Fetch supplies for Wachiru
Find ingredients for a local herbalist
Find ingredients for a local wizard

Yellow papers:
Bring back stolen goods
Clean the cellar of the Crested Griffin

Red papers:
There are no red paper on the board right now.

Maeve

.:: Reserved ::.

Maeve

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quote        

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote        
A small bell rang as the door opened and Iregi entered the inn. It was still early in the morning and, apart from a couple regulars, the main room was empty.

"Good morning, Ire!" the strong voice of Wachiru resonated through the room as he waved to his brother.

"Good morning, brother," Iregi answered, still a bit sleepy. He had never been a morning person.

"Same as always, I imagine?" Wachiru asked, pushing a towel on the bar to finish cleaning it.

Iregi nodded and sat on a barstool, looking around him while his brother brought him his order. It has been a long time since he had seen new faces.

"Here you go!" Wachiru said as he came back and placed a platter with warm milk and bread in front of his brother.

Iregi took a few bites before speaking again. "Business going slowly, eh bro?"

"Yeah, there's not much customer around here now. Winter is always a slow season. Though, things don't look that good for you either."

"Yep," Iregi said, taking a sip of milk. "Seems like very few people are looking for quests at this time of year."

The brothers pursued their conversation, Wachiru finishing the cleaning of the bar and Iregi eating his meal.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Amalia rubbed her arms. It was so cold. She whispered to the flames, but they were sleepy. It was too cold for fire to want to come out and play. So she decided to go somewhere to stay for a while. Chiru jumped onto her shoulder as he saw that she was leaving the outskirts of town. Hmm, maybe that place will do? Amalia stepped inside, and a small bell rang.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote        
A few hours had passed since Iregi had came to lunch, and it was almost night outside. Wachiru lifted his head as he heard the bell above the door ringing. Surprised to see a new face, it took him a few second to do anything. The only customers he had had in weeks were local drunks and Iregi, but that didn't count since his brother never paid him.

"Welcome to the Crested Griffin," he said to the woman entering the inn, making her a sign to come closer. "What can I get you?" he asked with a large smile.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
Amalia smiled. 'Hello,' she said. 'Do you have any tea? I prefer green tea. And I'd like to rent a room for a week.' She looked around. The place had a nice warm welcoming feeling to it. She took a seat. Chiru leaped off her shoulder and looked around. He leaped onto the counter and sniffed a jug of beer. He wrinkled his nose.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru nodded. "Sure thing," he said. He walked to the kitchen to grabbed some boiling water and poured it into a small teapot before returning to the main room, a platter with the teapot and a cup in his hand. The man was a bit surprised to see a fox on his counter, but figured it came with the woman. Otherwise she would probably be screaming or something like that, he thought with a shrug. He placed the platter on the counter, then turned around to grab a jar containing green tea leaves. He added a measure to the teapot and closed it to let the liquid infused. He replaced the jar where it was before pursuing their conversation.

"Rooms are 100 silver per week," he said for information, still watching what the fox was doing. "Anyway," he said with a smile, bringing his attention back to the woman, "where are you from?" He grabbed his cleaning cloth and started polishing some glasses.