Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
gothicMana9
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quote        
ecco wrote:
im totally with you mana :3

i also think that because its in some peoples religions to be against homosexuality, that they shouldnt be treated badly for feeling that way about it. only if they go out of their way to be horrible about gay/bi people. cos then theyre discriminating, rather than just having a negative view on it... thats when homophobia isnt ok.

lol ture...\that's the worst part..
i hate it specially when the two sides fight (the straight & the gay).. i mean cmon...y fight? coz in thr end every1 will follow what they believe.. my gay friend get offended wherever he goes and that hurts me soo much, he fights back & the situation goes from bad to SUPER bad Sweat ...
but it's not just about the straight poeple treatimng the gays badly.. some gay poeple go & ionsult the straight poeple........... (i think it's a complicated issue *sigh*) Sad

ecco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote        
yea, it is a very complicated issue.... i just dont see what the big deal is, anyway *shrugs* i wish more people felt like this, then nobody would cause a fuss over this stuff and we could all just get on with our lives XD

gothicMana9
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote        
lol..yeah, it\s also disturbing when they go so deep into relegious issues..even though it has nothing to do with it...

oh well, sometime i don't really get how those people\s minds r working....

gioistegek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
I first thought you were offending gay people. XD
I'm living in Europe, The netherlands. And i don't often get judged by my sexuality. Though i sometimes get bullied, And they always go like. "Wow Gio's in the dressing room, Cover yourself"
But i don't care what they say, As long that i respect myself. Happy
[~SHWING~]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote        
I think you could be a great canadian actor eh.
And that will not go through it would be unlawful and the supreme court would over turn it. Then again I thought that would happen with some of the shadey seedy little things in the health care reform bill, so maybe stay half packed? Australia is nice too, like America backwards.

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote        
One of the big problems is that everyone things America was founded by Christians and is, thus, a Christian nation. This is not true though. America was founded on a Secular foundation, not Christian. Most of the founding fathers were not actually Christian. Unfortunately, our politicians have to at least act at being Christians to even get the popular vote.

I would like to see what happened if an Skeptic, like my husband, were to actually get elected. He was raised Roman Catholic, but does not believe in a Christian God, or any religions god(s). He's mother is a lesbian, and I am bi-sexual. It would be really interesting because so many people would hate us.

I think that we need someone with a level head to take over for a while. I don't see it happening though. Christians are the reason that any rights might even be considered for being taken away. It's so freaking annoying. Why should Homosexuals not be given the same rights as Heterosexuals?

On a good note, though, Google is doing something good. They are giving their Homosexual employees raises that are just enough to cover insurance differences they may be paying to cover their partners. Since they cannot marry, then they pay higher rates then heterosexuals. Yay for Google doing something good.
Camio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote        
For all of those homophobes out there, here is a video I would ask you to watch. This is a scene from the movie 'V for Vendetta'. This should give you a glimpse of what it feels like to be on the opposite side of where you are standing. While I myself am straight, I do not believe anyone has the right to deny others of their happiness, as long as it brings no physical harm to others.

Valerie's Letter
Madam Kira

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think they would ever take away gay rights.
The topic is so controversial I think they would just try to easily drop it.

Also I think that it's weird how people single gay people out, like if someone says you're a homophobe and you go " No I have a gay best friend and he's awesome!" I mean it's as of he's saying yeah I'm friends with him to prove I'm not a homophobe.

ecco

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote        
yea, i hate that "excuse". i've known gay and bisexual guys who have "friends" who know their sexuality, yet they are not exactly what i would call friends. teasing and bullying is not an act of friendship.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
(A little something I Stumbled upon)

Where I live homosexuality is largely looked down upon. Calling someone gay isn't an insult, but they use it so. I don't get why people think it's so wrong. I have never met any gay person. Even if they were gay, they'd never admit it, for fear of being ridiculed and excluded.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
I'm already moving to Canada after college.
I visit my partner there as often as I can.

I give up on this country.

Sophomore year my high school took us on a trip to visit Congress and talk to our representatives. This was when Measure 36 was the major crisis, with bumpkins and idiots spewing off the One Man One Woman thing. I know it is mean to say anyone who decrys gay marriage is an idiot, but that is my opinion. To say a peson cannot marry just because you don't like who they are is BS. It heats my tush that marriage is warped by prejudism! Saying a man cannot marry a man is the same as when they said black people can not marry back in the day. Regardless of which sex I end up with, until civil rights are remedied, I refuse to marry.

I asked my Politcal Representative why he voted for the measure, when such a huge percentage of my state is gay, or suportative. (Seriously. We are flamin cool~) He said, "Because it is against my religion." Which is ridiculous, because it is not, and second, politics and religion are SUPPOSED to be separate. And he is SUPPOSED to /represent/ us.

Which is why I'll stick to the silly leaf flag. ^^
Even if they cling to a Queen they don't even have. XD

HATERS GUNNA HATE.
I'm gunna hate the haters.
In order to beat a monster, be a monster?

Asymmetric

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote        
Because people with power and people full of ignorance are ridiculous.
Just let other be happy, why make a big deal out of it, seriously.
I consider myself straight because I like boys, but sometimes I think I'm actually bisexual. I'm actually not even sure yet, lol. But if I were to fall in love with a girl, I'd want to be happy, god dammit!
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote        
This has always looked so dumb to me.
Right, your wearing white glitter ugg boots to your wedding and gays are SO ruining it for everyone with their wonderful loving relashonship. Alright, my names Santa, nice to meet you. If you buy that I've got some nice ocean front property in Arizona for you to buy! New low price! buy now and the Easter Bunny will come do a jig for you.

Idiots, all of them.
How about you belive the WHOLE bible and not pick one or two of our "laws" to fallow.

1. No sports on sunday. Bye bye Nascar. Happy
2. Male masturbation is punishable by DEATH.
3. If a woman is found not to be a virgin at her wedding she's stoned to death.
4. If you have sex with a woman while she's on her menstruation, you both die.
5. Prostatues are stoned to death in the street.

Is this sounding like a bad idea yet or do I need to go on?
TemaPup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
I don't judge straights, and I openly use the word "Fag." Why? Because it shows I'm open to being gay and I don't care if someone hates me for it. In the same way black people use the N word, I use Fag. After years of being beaten down for it, sometimes physically, I just use it.

I honestly don't believe a gay American is different from a straight American. The same way as blacks and whites, women and men. Here's something I posted on facebook:
Quote:
Just because Obama tolerates, accepts, gays...it doesn't mean he's a greater president. He's not even a greater man than you or me. He's HUMAN for accepting the simple fact that humans are humans, and are therefore some of the most unique beasts on the planet.

We've learned to accept blacks, women, Mexicans...the gays are no different, truly. Gay is not something I support as a government acceptable policy or moral. Gay is me. Gay is who I am. Gay is something I like, love, LIVE. It's not my political party or my governmental standpoint. It's not my religion, my job, my label. It's just who I AM.

Hold on for Me?
LuckyKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote        
I don't have a problem with gays, bi people, or anything of the sort and I'm shocked that they are trying to take away gay rights. D: I'm pansexual and I don't really five a crap of who dates who or who likes who, that is there own choice and no one should judge them for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next