Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
wolfiewheeee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote        
Many people listen to J-pop and K-pop, but what of the other languages of music? Tell me honestly! How many people listen to Lithuanian music? Or Russian techno? How about German hip hop? French rock?
If so, what are the songs you like?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote        
gahh XD I personaly do not like hip hop and suchs or rap o.
but I do love and then I LOVE old irish songs :p or gealic songs as well.
also I love the music from lord of the rings and other old languages, =^^=
Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote        
Well, there is a Finnish rock band, Uniklubi. They used to do covers in English in the very beginning, but now they write their own music and songs, and lyrics are only in Finnish. :3 I really like that band, although I have no idea what their songs are about. XD
Jazzeroki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote        
As for some unknown languages. Russian has some good music. Virus, Ruki Verh, are two older but popular bands. They had some good music too. Masha i Medvedi's first album was fairly popular with foreigners who heard it. Unfortunately Masha OD on drugs. But interestingly enough foriegn music is generally much more poplular in Russian than Russian music is. Russian artists though are gaining ground. But the rampant piracy in the country isn't helping much, and neither is the mafia.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quote        
I've never really been exposed to much music in the first place; the only reason I know Japanese music is because I take Japanese in school, so the teacher and friedns recommend me to it. ^^;

However, I really love some Swedish music, and the German language in general. I don't really like French music/French as a language though.

The fans of Japan/Japanese music/anime/etc. are actually becoming pretty tiring for me to talk to. D; I hate seeing "THAT'S SO KAWAII DESU. HE'S SUCK A BAKA LOL."

Sorry I can't bring much to the music aspect of the topic. Sweat

Jazzeroki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote        
I meant to mention these earlier but as for Romanian music unless you tend to like some polka I doubt you would ever like it.

As for Chinese music well they have just about everything I've heard songs from Russia, Romania, and America all in China and redone in Chinese. The Chinese have a lot of original music as well. I've even heard popular English songs redone in English but having their suggestiveness toned down to completely oblitereated. I don't know the name of this song but I remember a fairly recent one that talked about "My lovely lady humps". I can't remember the lyrics that I heard for it it China but it seemed to refer to them more as a storage chest that well... you know what.
ecco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote        
I like listening to Japanese vocals in music cos it helps me to remember some of what ive learnt XD (i took a GCSE in japanese year before last, its a beautiful language) and that aside i just like how it sounds and its fun to sing along to - i dont really listen to J pop/rock specifically tho, most of what i have is from japanese films and games (Ghibli films, Final Fantasies, Lost Odyssey)

i quite like Rammstein, i have 1 of their albums... aaand i have a few songs that are sung in french.

i also have CSS's self-titled album, they are from Brazil, tho alot of their lyrics are still English.
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote        
Heres a small list of music I listen to..

German:
2raumwohnung.
Rammstein.

Swedish:
Basshunter.

Finnish:
Loituma.

French:
Ilona Mitrecey

Icelandic:
Latibaer/LazyTown. (The older stage plays in Icelandic and the Icelandic versions of the tv show)
Sigur Rós.

Spanish:
Shakira.

Russian:
Tatu.

Theres ton more er, well international bands only with English songs. Like I love a lot of Euro pop/dance and all.

My boyfriend listens to a lot of hiphop/rap in different languages too. :P

VampireSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote        
I have a German friend who listens to German backstreet boy type bands. I wouldn't mind having a listen sometime if I ever got the chance to see her again even though I literally know two words of German lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
That's awesome! I love hearing it, all! ^^
If anyone wants to listen to Finnish I suggest Olavi Uusivirta (I think thats the spalling of his last name) He makes some very good songs, though I'm not sure are too popular at least in the U.S.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:49 am Reply with quote        
Man I used to be way into french rock when I was in high school. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
chibishuhei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote        
Jazzeroki wrote:
I meant to mention these earlier but as for Romanian music unless you tend to like some polka I doubt you would ever like it.

As for Chinese music well they have just about everything I've heard songs from Russia, Romania, and America all in China and redone in Chinese. The Chinese have a lot of original music as well. I've even heard popular English songs redone in English but having their suggestiveness toned down to completely oblitereated. I don't know the name of this song but I remember a fairly recent one that talked about "My lovely lady humps". I can't remember the lyrics that I heard for it it China but it seemed to refer to them more as a storage chest that well... you know what.

I know the song your talking about. It's called "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. Look up the video. It's suggestive but the video really has nothing much to do with the song.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I've never really been exposed to much music in the first place; the only reason I know Japanese music is because I take Japanese in school, so the teacher and friedns recommend me to it. ^^;

However, I really love some Swedish music, and the German language in general. I don't really like French music/French as a language though.

The fans of Japan/Japanese music/anime/etc. are actually becoming pretty tiring for me to talk to. D; I hate seeing "THAT'S SO KAWAII DESU. HE'S SUCK A BAKA LOL."

Sorry I can't bring much to the music aspect of the topic. Sweat

That is REALLY annoying, Japanenglish..... Spanglish is fine but THAT is just... *shakes head*

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote        
I listen to Chinese as well as Japanese and Korean.
I also listen to Swedish, German and sometimes Czech. Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote        
I listen to English - obviously - German, Dutch, Finnish, sometimes Japanese, Swedish and French.