Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Winter Solstice 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Welcome To Our Winter Solstice Ball [event info] Bonus Item
Farfalla Hielo
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quote        

On behalf of the Ice Dragons I welcome you to our annual Winter Solstice Ball.

The winter solstice is very significant to us Ice Dragons.
As you probably could already tell, the nights during the winter solstice are far longer here then they are anywhere else in the world. This phenomenon causes the temperature to plummet, and allows our precious Ice Crystal Trees to bear their ice crystals - the only things that allow us to survive in these harsh conditions, as there is no other sustainable resource here.

There is also another reason why the solstice is so dear to us, one rooted in the Mythology of how our race was born.

According to the Ancient Scrolls passed down to us, the time before the seven Holy Tribes were formed and the Moons were created, the Earth was a warm and humid place. There was never snow nor ice, and the nights were very short.
Each day the sun would rise, and would watch over the inhabitants of the Earth. Each day he longed to know them. He longed to be near them, but the closer he got, the more the inhabitants grew to hate him.
At first he was confused. He did not know why they hated him so much, and why they built places to escape his sight. It wasn't until he realized that his rays - the same rays that once warmed and comforted the people - now caused them pain. He watched in horror as the inhabitants suffered because of him. But try as he might, he could not control his power. Each day his rays grew stronger, and each day the inhabitants suffered even more and the land became more desolate.

Decades passed until one day, two moons passed before him and protected the Earth from his rays. For two centuries his sight was set on the two majestic bodies in front of him, and during that time the temperature dropped.
For the first time in Earth's history, it snowed. It snowed for weeks at a time, covering the Earth with a blanket of white.

A small band of nomadic humans made up of mainly sorcerers traveled to the North where they discovered the Ice Crystal Trees. They grew and cultivated this unique plant, harvesting their ice crystals during the winter months and used them as a power source for their magic. After a hundred years had passed, the band of nomads had grown into a large city led by their queen.

But the inhabitants of this city had changed drastically.
From years of using magic to modify their bodies they could now withstand the immense cold without having to wear bulky animal pelts, but like all good things this also came with a downside. Their bodies could no longer take anything above freezing without getting severely ill and with the Moons slowly moving away from the sun the temperatures began to rise.
The queen, aware of the danger that her people were in, pleaded with the moons to continue protecting them from the sun. It was then decided that the queen’s first born child would be bound to the spirits of the moons. Drawing energy from them, she could protect the tribe from the sun, so they decided to settle in this land of ice crystals.
A year after the moons had left the temperatures rose drastically, causing the world to swelter once more. Fearing for the people of the Earth, the sun pleaded with the Moons to return and continue to protect them from his power just as they protected the Ice Dragons.
The moons denied his request, saying they cannot return for another year and that he is the only one who can protect them.
Infuriated by what the moons had told him, he looked down upon the Earth trying desperately to figure out how to protect them, only to cause more harm.
He turned away from the Ice Dragons and saw something he could not believe.
A new race? No. They where descendants of the Fire Dragons, a race born centuries ago before the moons passed before the sun. Similarly to the Ice Dragons, they had modified their bodies so that they could withstand the extreme heat.
And there, looking down upon the Fire Dragons, he saw the son of the tribe leader and remembered the bond between the moons and the Ice Dragon Princess.
Realizing what that meant, he cast down part of his spirit onto the Fire Dragon Prince, which allowed him to finally control his power and bring balance to world.

Even though we do not know when the moons first passed in front of the Sun, we celebrate this event on the winter solstice because that is when both moons return and pass is front of the sun for an entire day. This is our way of showing our gratitude to the majestic moons who continue to protect our tribe to this day, and who protected the Earth from the sun by teaching him how to control his power in the same way that they share theirs.

Farfalla Hielo
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote        
Event Items -
The Winter Solstice Event items and how to get them.

Limited 1 Gold Item

Our very first "Event Relic"! It costs 1 gold and can be purchased from the Temple of Gold.
It will be available until the 21st of January.

Daily Event Items
Event items that are released each day.(you will be able to get these items until the event ends)

During our Ball, it is customary to exchange gifts. If you do not have a gift, you can stop by the gift shop and purchase some with crystal shards. Shards can be found by posting and battling.

Day 1
Farfalla's Gift

Since it is the first day of the Ball, I have brought a gift to give everyone. Just request one in this thread and I shall send it to you!
Post in this thread requesting "Farfalla's Gift".
*It may take a while for you to receive your item, since this is done manually. You can ask for a gift with your mule as well.

Day 2
Heimweh Segithoz

Bring 10 Winter Solstice Gifts(these can be purchased from the gift shop, or found randomly while browsing the site) to Duro and he will give you day 2's item.
Duro is located in the ballroom.
Go to the quest page HERE.

Day 3
Steorra Ventus

Bring 8 Winter Solstice Gifts(these can be purchased from the gift shop, or found randomly while browsing the site) to Farfalla and she will give you day 3's item. Farfalla is located in the ballroom.

Day 4
Heimweh Masah

Bring 5 Winter Flowers(these can be purchased from the gift shop, or found randomly while browsing the site) to Eimara and she will give you day 4's item. Eimara is located at the city outskirts.

Once you have brought her the 5 flowers, she will return to the ballroom where you can then bring her 10 Winter Solstice Gifts and she will give you another day 4 item.

Day 5
Heimweh Svarde

Bring 7 Winter Flowers(these can be purchased from the gift shop, or found randomly while browsing the site) to Duro and he will give you day 5's item. Duro is located at the city outskirts.

Day 6
Steorra Cloque

Bring 8 Winter Flowers(these can be purchased from the gift shop, or found randomly while browsing the site) to Eimara and she will give you day 6's item. Eimara is located at the city outskirts, to the right of Duro.

Bonus Item
Crystal Shards

The bonus item can be purchased from the gift shop for 450 crystal shards.

Farfalla Hielo
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote        
NPCs -
The event NPCs.

Quote:

Eimara Hielo
She's the slightly mysterious princess of the Ice Dragons; the daughter of Her Majesty Farfalla Hielo. She appears to be very fragile and innocent, and is protected fiercely by the Ice Dragon tribe as she is seen as their source of life because of her connection to the Moon Spirits. No one aside from those of the royal family and royal court has gotten a good idea of her personality because of her obscurity to the public, but it's rumored that there's much more than meets the eye.

Quote:

Farfalla Hielo
She's an extremely kind queen who refers to all Ice Dragons as her "family" and treats them as such. She's gentle, elegant, and thoughtful, but because of her careful judgement she can seem detached in one-on-one conversations. She has a very motherly nature and can't turn away a downtrodden person, and will protect those that she loves with frightening and unforeseen strength.

Quote:

Duro Lavoro
He is extremely intelligent and tactful, proving to be so reliable that he's gone beyond his ranks as ambassador and is a very close companion of the royal family. He's grown especially close to the princess and dotes on her, despite her mother's protests. No one aside from the princess has seen this side of him, as he has no family and tends to keep up a detached and professional front around others.

Farfalla Hielo
NPC
NPC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote        
Locations -
Where are these places you are talking about and how do I get to them!?

Quote:
City Outskirts
The outskirts of the Ice Dragon's city, and the default area. From here you can navigate to the Ballroom.
Currently Available NPCs: None at the moment.

Quote:
Ballroom
The Winter Solstice Ballroom.
Currently Available NPCs: None at the moment.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quote        
Credits
Who did what.

The lovely NPC art and backgrounds were created by Kaishi.
Catghost pixeled Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6's item...

Big thanks to the staff for all their help in creating this event! Thank you.
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Weasel may have one of Farfalla's lovely Gifts, yes?

Also, I love the Unicanna item. It's very pretty. Bouncy Heart

Sent!

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

The art is beautiful! Happy And so is that hair, and the items. Lips are Zipped Thank you, everyone! Happy holidays.

I'd also like Farfalla's gift. :3

Sent!

Venri

Oooh awesome, the new event, been waiting for this!

And may I have Farfalla's gift? thankee

Sent!
applejuice81

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
Hi. I agree with Weaseldale and chu all the art is beautiful.

May I have Farfalla's Gift, too, please?

Sent!

Opinions Please - My story idea with character issues.
Freshie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote        
Yay for event!
*jumps around* :3

Everything is just so pretty as everyone said. *o*

Freshie would also like Farfalla's Gift please and thank you. :3

Sent!

Jandi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote        
I love the artwork of the avatar~ so pretty.

May I request, Farfalla's Gift Smile

Sent!
Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote        
Sweet merciful snap! I don't think I'll ever not be amazed at the crazy pixel power you people have!

Uhm, on an unrelated note, could I get one of Farfalla's gifts?

Sent!

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Midnight Dream

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote        
Farfalla's Gift please?
I wish I had gold for an event relic >.>

Sent!
Kylana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
Oh yay, my first Winter Solstice event -- it looks lovely so far! :3

May I please have Farfalla's Gift as well? Thanks!

Sent!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote        
Yay, mules can ask for a gift too!! I forgot to last time so I didn't get anything.

May I have one of Farfallas' gifts?

Sent!