Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Books...books...everywhere, but which type do you read?

Do you enjoy reading books of any kind?
Yes, I feel like I'm in a new world!
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
Yes, but I only do it if I'm really into the book
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
I don't hold enough time in my day to read, though I would like too.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I don't hold enough time in my day to read and I don't care enough to change that.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, but I do sometimes enjoy reading.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

Sillice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
I love to read. Outside of surfing the net, play games, school, and basically the rest of my life. Reading takes up all the remaining free time I have, which is actually quiet a lot of time. So my question to you all is, how much do you read? And what do you read?
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote        
I usually read online, surfing through Wiki for random info on shows, games, movies, people and other books! xD

Currently, I'm reading the Last Harry Potter book!
I read it when it first released but it some how ended up in my storage bin.
I found it a few weeks ago while searching for a few things and decided to re-read it!

I forgot how much I liked the series, but I'm being very slow...reading a few pages whenever I lay down on my bed. ^__^;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
I mostly read sci-fi/fantasy webseries some of my friend write on internet (and I have my own Happy) and sometimes random book I find at home or at the library. Yet it is more often some documentaries, like books on mythology, history, wildlife, biology and matters like that: I have a lot of difficulties picking a novel that appeals me.
Once I started reading I won't stop until I've read through (except for the Silmarillon by Tolkien, it bored me to death) but starting to read in the first place is harder. I am kind of spoiled on that: I don't really like romance, I don't like medieval fantasy, I don't like werewolf/vampire stories, I'm not found of romance or stories where all the characters or so are teenagers, I dislike poetry, there are many kind of sci-fi stories that annoys me... Plus it seems like I over all hate modern bestsellers

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite genre is fantasy and thriller/horror. :3
Connan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
I lvoe books! BUT they have to be english -.-
Im dutch o.o but my language is baaaaaad! baaaaad T.T there is nothing I hate as much as my language XD expecialy when reading.

I love the lord of the rings
and I love Stephen Kings book aswell =^^=

well most horror books XD
BUt im a total Tolkien fan =^^=
PookaRose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote        
I am normally reading every day, it helps pass the time when I am taking the bus to and from work. I read mostly horror/supernatural novels to those cheezy romance types (I have a soft spot, and they can be really funny).

Right now I just finished Nightwatch, its a great russian novel that they also turned into a movie at somepoint but the book I am finding is much better and just so well written. I cannot wait to pick up the next one (its in a series of 4) the next day I go to work. I am lucky to work next to a Barns and Noble cause we get a discount for being in the same mall as my job...it totally feeds my addtiction. I tend to buy a new book or three every pay check depending on what sales are going on.
Aquila audax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
I am a voracious reader. I also buy books, if I go the library and borrow a book and love it, then I must buy it. My favourite book of all time is "The Dragonbone Chair" by Tad Williams.

My favourite genre is fantasy and then scifi. The authors I love are Sara Douglass (awesome, engaging characters, gripping stories, intellegent, funny, sad - everything you want in a book and more) Robin Hobb, Katherine Kerr, Anne McCaffery, Todd McCaffery, J R R Tolkien, J K Rowling (watching someone who had never read a book pick up and read all the Harry Potter books then move on to other books was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen!), Christopher Poalini, Cecilia Dart Thorton, Diana Garbaldon (her books hooked me from the minute I picked it up - great big books too! I can usually knock off a book in a day or two, and spending a couple of days on a book is great for me.) C S Lewis, Enid Blyton, Katherine Kerr to name a few.

I also read lots and lots of webcomics....... Alien Dice, Smile The War of the Winds, Xylia Tales, The Dreamland Chronicles, The Phoenix Requiem, Red String, Amya, Rune Master - Tales of a Demon Slayer, the list goes on.

I also have read the Twilight series which I quite liked too, as well as ohter books like Georgette Heyer and I also love the classics like Jane Eyre (Mr Rochester is still one of my favourite 'I've got something to hide characters').

I just like to read.
VampireSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote        
I don't read as often as I should. But I don't really have a favorite genre at least I don't specifically look under one. I just read whatever looks and sounds interesting although that usually falls under fantasy and/or romance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
Mostly I read things of a fantastical nature, because well I Suffer real life every day I don't need to read about it for entertainment as well lol. I do sometimes read real life stories though, like autobiographys/biographies or factually based books, but yeah I do have to be really interested in the subject. Happy Or the news I like to keep up with that but I'm halfway sure that's not what you meant Smile

Art done by Crow Happy
Aquila audax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
I just finished reading "The White Queen" by Phillipa Gregory.

I read it on the plane to and from Tassie. It is a story about the war of the cousins - the Lancasters and the Yorks. It is a fictional rendering of a historical period in English history.

I thought it was quite good and not at all the type of thing I would have read of my own violition. It was a gift from a mate and not something I thought I would have enjoyed, but I did.

She also wrote The Other Boleyn Girl.

Now I find myself awash without a book! Any suggestions?
saiyouri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
I read true ghost stories, mythology and books on geishas and samurais. Those are my favorites. I am now getting into fantasy bu only one series so far by one author. Don't remember who though but he is really good. I think Eddings, David Eddings I think his name is.
Kairie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
I love reading books to do with mythology, vamps, anythign really, as long as it isn't like historical, for some reason I can never read those, it bores me. A few of my favorite series are Vampire Acadamy, The House of Night Novels, and Fablehaven.
xxiwish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote        
i love to read books Smile
but i only finish reading each book if im ready into it if not i don't finish it
and i love to read romance books

chibigrimm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote        
I like to read a lot of the fantasy stuff, like CS Lewis, JK Rowling and stuff along those lines.
saiyouri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote        
chibigrimm wrote:
I like to read a lot of the fantasy stuff, like CS Lewis, JK Rowling and stuff along those lines.

Have you heard of David Eddings? He writes books about fantasy with parts of myths if I am right. He is my first fantasy author and I really like his books.