Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 16

Would you like the Imp to be a permanent monster drop?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 162 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 189

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote        
Would you guys like the imp to be a permanent monster drop?
The imp is an item dropped by the imp monster. You can equip it to your avatar.
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
I know the imp isn't technically an event item, but it's kinda related to the event anyway (Calypso's quest), so I think it should be taken out when the event ends.

Though, you could always bring it back for next Halloween or other special events... ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote        
I'd like to see it as a permanent monster drop - and for the record, I got all of mine yesterday.

The reason I'd like to see it there is because:

We don't have many monster drops in the first place. It should be made more rare, I think, but keeping it around gives users more of an incentive to battle. Especially if you get rid of all but the level 6 imps.

Secondly, it's not an EI. It was merely mentioned in the storyline - which shouldn't matter because bunnies, ghosts, gargoyles, etc. were mentioned in such things before and are still in the battle system. While this one is different because it has a drop, that doesn't mean that the imps have any reason to disappear just because the carnival is gone.

It's awesome. I think it would be great to allow future users to get it after working hard to fight it. Thus far, the imp is the only thing that's challenging to fight, rather than challenging to get a drop from. I appreciate that and would like to see it kept in the system.

Snowkoyuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, that would be cool!
Arikana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote        
Heck no.
It technically counts as an event item since it was released as part of the event to be traded in for a mass amount of tokens. So it should be removed when the rest of the event drops are removed. :3

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Jandi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote        
I voted yes, but perhaps make the chances of getting the imp a lot slimmer after the event is done? ^^
Squid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote        
    Honestly, no.

I understand that it wasn't an EI but the fact still remains that it was tied in with the story line for THIS event.

To say that the all of the spirits have been taken care of, and the astral stream has closed... Why should something remain of it?

Perhaps to bring it back at a later event - Oh no! It's opened again! - would be an alternative, to those who didn't get the chance to get one, or for the new users to join.

For those of you who are saying that there aren't many monster drops to begin with, perhaps suggest something else? Maybe that would be taken in to consideration.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote        
Squid wrote:
    Honestly, no.

I understand that it wasn't an EI but the fact still remains that it was tied in with the story line for THIS event.

To say that the all of the spirits have been taken care of, and the astral stream has closed... Why should something remain of it?

Perhaps to bring it back at a later event - Oh no! It's opened again! - would be an alternative, to those who didn't get the chance to get one, or for the new users to join.

For those of you who are saying that there aren't many monster drops to begin with, perhaps suggest something else? Maybe that would be taken in to consideration.

Actually to my knowledge it had nothing to do with the spirits themselves - Calypso merely desired to capture them, meaning they existed before her appearance and only became known afterwards. Correct me if I'm wrong though. That's just what I remember the last time they were mentioned during planning.

And monster drops exist but most of them are turned off. Why not have a few that actually drop? The imp would be a great addition to our current Wolf Pup and Butterfly Set.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote        
From what I remember, she said something like "My imps! Brig them back to me!", which suggest she had them with her, for her magic tricks or something, and they had ran away. A bit like the Kantu for Tamil. Yeah, thinking about it now, the Kantu didn't do much in the event either, so maybe it should be left in the battle system too? And we could add the ghosts and bunnies back too... <.<

No, seriously, the main reason why I oppose this is because it wasn't a known fact from the beginning. Starting when the imps were released, I saw a lot of people, especially newbies, saying they had battle for hours to get one or two of those monsters. Which is only logical, since normally the event items are taken off at the end of the event and people try to get some before that date.

Now, I'm not talking about me. I would have gotten plenty of imps anyway, considering I spent a lot of time trying to kick Calypso. But I'm sure some people worked really hard to get some, buying weapons and potions and healing and all, and it would be unfair to them to suddenly say: "Hey, people will still be able to get imps after the event!"

My thoughts, anyway... ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Ah, sorry then - I haven't had much time online during this event so I've been going off of what was discussed during planning.

But who's to say that all of the imps were recovered? There could still be some running loose, which would mean they'd have a low spawn rate. That would create a great trophy item for any user.

And honestly I don't believe in the idea that those who got the item during the event would be angry because it isn't special anymore. I think hours is exaggerating too, because I found my five in less than one hour. The drop and spawn rate would be decreased, meaning it would be harder for users in the future to get the item. And why should it matter if the imp isn't an EI anymore? It's still rare, and at last count, we literally have 100 rares - being EIs, ARIs, and BMIs. 60 EIs. We have plenty rare items for people to hold on to already. If said people already have the imps, then why should their availability after the event matter?

I don't mind differing opinions. :3 I'm just the type that likes to keep things interesting for users, and some leftover imps from after the event running around would make people want to battle to get them. Being only available from other users may even discourage them.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, but the same could apply to the ice dragons, bunnies and kantus and other monster drops...

I don't think it will make people angry. Just... disappointed... kinda. I mean, it's like when you've worked hard to get silver (or whatever currency is used on other sites) to buy an item you really like and suddenly the site releases a RIG or something like that with your item in it and it start being found all over the place. It's not really anger, but something along the line of "If I would have known it before, I would have waited."

Thing is, I don't see a point in leaving the imp there if it gets uber-hard to get. I mean, to that point, you could also take it out completely and bring it back sometime, for an event or something, saying the imp population as grown out of control or they have gotten out of wherever they were hiding.

Plus, I don't really think leaving the imp in the battle system would encourage people to fight. I mean, I'm sure that plenty of users will be selling it soon, so except for the people who already love the battle system and spend lots of time in it, most people will probably just buy it from someone else. Especially if it gets harder to get one. And since their price so far has been quite low, it doesn't really seem like an interesting add-on to the battle system...

I would love to see more interesting things for the users, especially in the battle system, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I mean, I would prefer seeing new items being added as drops, or more bag of silver maybe. Or year-round quests that would give you either a small amount of silver, or experience, or battle consumables (potions, small weapons, spells, etc.). ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote        
Yes but I was merely saying that it could be worked out to fit into the storyline.

I guess I see things from a different standpoint. ^^; To me, if I like the item, then it doesn't matter whether I waited or not - I still have mine.

Most users get silver from battling anyway; I guess my train of thought is more along the lines of it being an extra bonus, so to speak.

And of course more things for the battle system are coming. Happy They're being discussed most of the time. As I stated before, it's merely more of a bonus.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve wrote:
From what I remember, she said something like "My imps! Brig them back to me!", which suggest she had them with her, for her magic tricks or something, and they had ran away. A bit like the Kantu for Tamil. Yeah, thinking about it now, the Kantu didn't do much in the event either, so maybe it should be left in the battle system too? And we could add the ghosts and bunnies back too... <.<

No, seriously, the main reason why I oppose this is because it wasn't a known fact from the beginning. Starting when the imps were released, I saw a lot of people, especially newbies, saying they had battle for hours to get one or two of those monsters. Which is only logical, since normally the event items are taken off at the end of the event and people try to get some before that date.

Now, I'm not talking about me. I would have gotten plenty of imps anyway, considering I spent a lot of time trying to kick Calypso. But I'm sure some people worked really hard to get some, buying weapons and potions and healing and all, and it would be unfair to them to suddenly say: "Hey, people will still be able to get imps after the event!"

My thoughts, anyway... ^^

I just want to poke my head in here and show you Samuel's new message(it was changed right when Calypso's imp quest was added) -

Quote:
Hello and welcome to Nihte de Carnevale. My name is Samuel Buskin.
The show doesn't start until later, but you can go and play a few games over in the game room...
Huh? You're looking for imps? I'm sorry but I have not seen any around here.
Oh an exotic animal exhibit? We have one outside, but no imps I'm afraid. That\'s the only creature we haven't been able to catch.

I thought it would be important to note that the imps were implied to have been here before Calypso "claimed" to have lost them. Also Calypso's apology,

Quote:
I am so very sorry for causing such a mess here in your city.. I only wanted to find more creatures for my carnival, I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused. If you bring me a bottle of Ink I shall give you a special tattoo in return? I think Catghost is giving them out.

Also implies this as well.
Meaning they *technically* should stay in the battle system, and continue to drop the Imp item. But it's ultimately up to the members.. Sweat

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for that Cat ^^ I completely missed Sam new message... <.<

I however still don't think the imp drop have to stay. The messages only say that they were here before, meaning the monster was available to fight and should still be after the event, but not that it should keep dropping imp items.

Plus, if most people use the battle system as a way to earn silver, wouldn't it be more interesting to just raise the rate of silver bag dropping, or something like that. I mean, if you're fighting to get silver, it's probably more interesting to get more silver than to get an item.

But anyway, it's up to the other members to decide now...

laniparis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quote        
That sounds awesome but, only if it doesn't put you guys out

I was Goosed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next