Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote        
Story thus far:
The first day of school is coming to an end. The students were taken on a tour to learn some small thing about the Academy, though the real classes will only begin the next day. They are now taking diner in the hall reserved for that and are waiting for the teachers to show up.

The Academy Board wrote:

News:
Thread updates:
- New NPCs added: Daren Amberblade, Dan
- The profiles have been transfered to the OOC and replaced in this thread by a simple list to keep things cleaner.
- Maeve is now taking care of the admission, since Mel is on hiatus.

People to contact:
To join: Check the OOC for information and PM Maeve
To pass your exams: Aurelia Wolfe (talk with her in the RP)

General Information and Links:
The OOC Thread
The Encyclopedia

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Introduction:

Recently, strange things have started to happen on Earth. “Portals”, as the authorities called them, have started to appear randomly around the world. Their cause is unknown, but the authorities have forbidden people to approach them, judging they were dangerous and could harm people. Some people have nevertheless tried and they have reported seeing other things through the portals. Some disappearance have also been reported.

You were walking back home one day, when you suddenly noticed a portal appearing close to you. Before you got a chance to do anything, the strong winds rushing into the vortex dragged you into it, and everything around you goes black.

You woke up in a small room. The thick curtain prevented most light from getting in, but you can still see that this isn't your room, or any place you know. You closed your eyes and tried to remember what had happened, but you can only get to the point where the portal caught you. Shaking your head, you sat up in the bed and looked around.

A young man suddenly passed through the door like a ghost and stopped in front of you. “Oh, you're awaken,” he said, a large smile appearing on his pale face. “Good! Good! So, do you remember anything? I guess not. It's always like that anyway. Well, you got caught by a portal, and ended up in our yard. My name is Sam by the way. Anyway, so this is the Academy, a school dedicated to teaching the newcomers like you how to survive in this world. But you probably need to rest and all... When you're feeling better, just exit this room and come meet the other students.”

Before you get a chance to ask anything, the ghost of Sam as already exited the room, leaving you alone with your questions.

So, are you ready to discover a whole new world?
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Rules:

Follow Midorea's rules and ToS. Especially the PG-13 rules.

Be as literate as possible. Doesn't mean you need to post ten pages worth of text, but try to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. This also means no one liners (posts containing only one line of role-play text).

Out-of-character speech is allowed, but should be kept in between ((double parenthesis)) at the beginning or end of your post. Just to make the OOC part clear and distinct from your role-play post and prevent misunderstandings.

You have the right to be mean! Just means that your character doesn't have to be a perfect little angel at all time. You can be a bully if you want, or anything else.

No killing. You cannot kill things in the role-play (characters or monsters), except if allowed by their creator and by one role-play moderator.

Each player is limited to 6 characters. However, you can only create a new character once you're first has gotten is silver badge, and your third once the second has done so, etc. Each new character also starts as a newbie. This rule is void for role-play mods and writers.

If you have something to say about the rules or need help with something, PM me or check the OOC thread.

I can add more rules at any time.
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
Profiles:

Non-player Characters (NPCs):
NPCs are characters that were created to fill the blank. They have no owner and can be controlled by anyone, though I ask that you stay in-character with them, meaning you don't make them say or do things they would not do normally.
If you'd like, you can claim a NPC and, if accepted, it will become one of your characters. For more information about that, just PM Maeve.

Daren Amberblade
Dan

Players' Characters:
Once a profile has been accepted, a link to it will be added here for easy access. Same goes for claimed NPCs: they will be transfered here along with the name of their new owner.
For an easy reference, the name of each character will show in different color depending of their badge level:
  • Default Blue: Doesn't have a badge (new student or not part of the school ranking system);
  • Chocolate: Bronze Badge;
  • Grey: Silver Badge;
  • Gold: Gold Badge;
  • White: Platinum Badge.

Melanie "Mel" K. Grey // Tsemara
Helen Stafford // Maeve
Aurelia Wolf // Maeve
Ophelia Wagner // Maeve
Lily Angel // MelancholyMelody~
Tate // MelancholyMelody~
Lucia Ward // BubbleTrouble
Clarissa Banks // LadyHarpy
Lanyia // laniparis
Hazel "Haze" // Lexi Luthor
Tori // lyte
James and Thomas (Jim and Tommy) // Atraea
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
      x----------Reserved for things, yo'. Hai

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote        

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote        

Maverik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote        
Teams:

Introduction:
When a student gains their bronze badge, they are required to form four-people times. Comprised of a gold badge student or a teacher to act as a mentor, as well as three bronze badge students, teams are the basis of the mission aspect of the Academy.

While usually comprised of four people, there may be certain exceptions to this rule. Regardless, the majority of a student's missions will be done with his peers, as later missions are often too dangerous to perform individually.

List of Teams:
This is a list of the teams present in the roleplay. In order to apply for a team, please send a PM to Maeve or MelancholyMelody~, or post in the OoC thread.

Team 1
Leader:
Student:
Student:
Student:

Team 2
Leader:
Student:
Student:
Student:

Team 3
Leader:
Student:
Student:
Student:

Team 4
Leader:
Student:
Student:
Student:

Team 5
Leader:
Student:
Student:
Student:
Maverik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote        
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote        

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote        

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote        
~ It was a beautiful fall day. The sun was shining bright above the Academy, and a light warm wind was blowing. Almost two years had past since the Battle of the Shadows, and though the physical wounds of the Academy had been healed since a long time, the emptiness of the place kept reminding everyone of the tragic event. The portals had started to appear in mass again, and everyone hoped that this new wave would bring enough people to fill the rank of the school... ~

"Aurelia! Wake up!" a voice said on the other side of the door. Shortly after, it opened and Ophelia entered the room. She headed to the bed and pulled the blanket away, hoping that would be enough to wake her friend. "Come on! You have things to do today!"

"Grmmm..." Aurelia said, turning her back to the younger girl and putting her pillow on her head.

"Oh no, you're not doing that this morning!" Orelia said, quickly grabbing the pillow and throwing it to the other side of the room. "Get up, now!"

Without a warning, Aurelia jumped on the other girl, throwing her to the ground. "Ok, I'm awake now. What do you want?" she said, restraining the other with her arm while covering her yawn with the other.

"Did you really forget what today is?" Ophelia said, trying in vain to break free, her cheeks blushing from having a half-naked girl sitting on her.

"Hmm..." Aurelia said, bringing her attention back to the other girl.

"Today's the first day of class!" Ophelia said, wondering how the other girl could have became so important in the Academy with such an attitude.

"Oh, right," Aurelia said, getting off the other girl and putting her back on her feet. She then headed to the wardrobe place in a corner of the room and grabbed her uniform, quickly putting it on. She then looked herself in the mirror hanging on the wardrobe's door, replacing her hair. She then moved toward the door. "You're coming," she asked the other girl.

"Uh, yes, yes," Ophelia said, still a bit red from all the emotions.

Aurelia closed her room's door and locked it. She then headed down the hall to the nearest staircase, Ophelia following her closely.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
Melanie had a headache. Or at least, the thought she did. Everything was spinning too fast to really make sense. Closed her eyes, allowing the room to return to its' natural state. When she finally opened them again, she took stock of her situation.

Alright, time for a recap. She looked about the room. She wasn't at home. She wasn't in a hospital. She wasn't even at her cousin's place. Okay? I've either been abducted, or something is really messed up. She was slightly relieved that she was still wearing the clothes that she was wearing before she blacked out. The redhead vaguely remembered the portal she happened upon and sighed. "Great."

She was glad she was sitting down, when a shade walked through the door. He explained what had happened and left as abruptly as he had entered. It took Melanie a few moments to process the information before she leaped out of the bed she was on. She took inventory of what she had, besides the clothes on her back. Mel also muttered something under her breath that probably would have gotten her into trouble at home. Her wallet was still in her pockets, but her knife had disappeared. So had her graphic novels. "Man! I just got those!" she hissed.

She made sure her boots were tied snugly. She put a hand to the doorknob and inhaled deeply. Melanie may as well go exploring. Besides, this was something she had been daydreaming about for ages. She opened the door, and stepped outside.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
"So, what do I have to do today?" Aurelia asked with one more yawn.

"You're supposed to make sure everything is ready for the beginning of class, and then you have to take care of the newbie who are ready to pass their exams," Ophelia answered with a sigh.

"Oh, right," the older girl said. "By the way, do you know how many newbies we have gotten? I've heard that there has been more appearing recently..." As she was saying that, a door not too far in front of them opened and a new girl came out. Aurelia stopped abruptly, taking a serious look and wondering what to do for a second. She then decided to go with a simple "Hey there!" and waited for an answer.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Melanie was not expecting to see another living person, after coming in contact with the ghost. But she probably ought to have known better. Having no substance, ghosts are unable to build things. So someone had to be alive around here.

She turned to see a couple of women, dressed in some type of uniforms. Ugh. I just got OUT of wearing the damn things. Do I need to start wearing them again? She gave the pair a little wave. "Hey."

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.