Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / All Hallows' Eve 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The We-Be-Spooky Hangout // We Be OPEN YA'LL!
Kylana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
That's the part I'm worried about, too. Hopefully I can keep up being a few words ahead of the curve for when I hit the inevitable block partially through the month.

I could be worse, but I could also be better. That's me trying to avoid negativity, lol.

Oh man, I want some sour gummy worms now. It's been awhile so I think I'm due for some.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Well, when you get stuck, take a break or something. x3 No use trying to force yourself... just make sure you get back to it after your break.

^^ That's a good outlook. Certainly better than mine.
Except for the fact that I know my artistic abilities aren't that great. xP I'm not that inclined towards art, unfortunately.

:: Hands you a handful of gummy worms :: =3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Yup, that's the key. I have the plot more-or-less mapped out (or should I say more like less, haha) so I can have a mini goal each day. I hit mine early today so I get to relax a bit and mull over future plot-points.

It's funny how the "make sure you get back to it" works for most things in life -- it's usually so much easier to keep doing something everyday rather than re-starting it all of the time. I think that's why I do so much better with deadlines, as stressful as they are... self-made art deadlines never seem to work, as often as I try.

Yum, thanks! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
:: Noms the work you've completed so far :: Happy

^^ Yay for relaxing.

Well, that could also just be the nature of it... Normal deadlines are set by people other than yourself, so you can't really negotiate it. On the other hand, you could go like "Hmm... maybe I'll give myself another day or so" for self-imposed deadlines.

=3 You're welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
No nomming on the novel! I have it saved in two different places just in case. Paranoid Ky is paranoid O_O

Yeah, hooray for having no self-discipline! Wait. But yeah, that does seem to be the crux of the matter.

*busts out a giant bowl of caramel corn to munch on*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
Don't forget to save a copy online somewhere, too. x3

xP That, and general procrastination.

o-o I've never been a big fan of caramel corn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
Yep, there's a on-going copy in my Google docs, just in case. I don't trust my computer in the slightest, nor my luck.

Well yeah, that too! I do my writing chunk at the beginning of each hour, which only takes 20 or so minutes. The rest of it I get to goof off as much as I like, then it's back to writing at the next hour. So far, so good. I just have to figure out how to trick my brain, that's all.

Hrm. *pulls out a second bowl filled with assorted fun-size chocolate bars and a smaller dish with Starbursts*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
I've never used Google docs before. o-o How does it work?

That certainly sounds like a nice system. ^^ Not too much of a workload, but you still get stuff done.
x.x It'd be slightly harder in the weekdays, though, especially since you said you have work.

Where do you work, anyways? o-o

Yay. ^^ Thankies.
:: Swipes a choco-bar and begins nibbling it ::

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
I just started using it last night, so I'm a little fuzzy on details... it's tied to my Gmail account so it has a copy of documents sent to/from there, but it seems like a mini word processor complete with editing and a few tools. There's the option to share or not and you can organize things into folders. All in all, not a bad thing to have.

I work at a Starbucks and usually only have 5 or so hour shifts. All in all, not bad. I keep a small notebook with me at all times so I can jot stuff down if it's particularly slow, which it has been lately.

Yup! *munches on some Starburst*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
I should probably consider getting a gmail account. x.X Sounds like it's steadily growing more and more useful.

^^ Yay for Starbucks. :: Noms on a caramel apple cider. :: Well, I guess that's alright, then. It's not too intensive, so you're less stressed when you finally start working on your writing.

:: Swipes another choco-bar ::
:3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
Gmail's awesome... I'm such a pack rat when it comes to well, everything, but I can keep like 8 million emails just in case.

I <3 the caramel apple cider! Not too many people know about that one for some reason, so I try to sample it out whenever I can. And yeah, not usually a stressful job so that's a plus.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
I'll likely make an account when I'm less lazy. x3

Same here, obviously. x3 I don't usually drink coffee, so I go to Starbucks for that alone.

:: Pokes :: ^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry, had to watch the end of a hockey game ^^;

Heh, I don't usually drink coffee either. Luckily that wasn't a requirement for the job :P I honestly hadn't even been to a Starbucks more than 2 or 3 times before the hired me, either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
=o There's a hockey game on?
I'm not too big of a fan, but my grandpa likes the sport. x3

At any rate, welcome back. ^^

How long have you been working at Starbucks? ^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it was the Capitals vs the Blue Jackets. We (the Caps) lost, unfortunately D: I was always a bit of a fan, but over these last couple of years I've really gotten into it.

Hehe, thanks :3

And since... May? So not too long, but I like it.

Do you work anywhere?