Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / All Hallows' Eve 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Create a Monster Contest! [page prizes too]
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote        

Create a monster and win prizes!

Welcome to Halloween 2009. I will be hosting a "Create a Monster contest"! This contest will allow you to create a custom monster.
The top op 3 entries will be chosen by the staff, and winners will have their monster added to the battle system!

There is no theme, so design whatever you want! You can draw it, sew it or pixelate it. Any format is accepted. Smile
But before you do, please read these rules:

[1: All monsters must be original. Don't steal someone's idea and claim it as your own. And whatever you do, do not claim another person's art as your own.
[2: All entries must be submitted before November 13th(the end of the event)
[3: No bashing of other user's entries, and no critiquing unless they ask for it
[4: There is a limit of 4 entries

The prizes are as followed:
1st place - their monster added to the battle system, 2 gold, 4,000 silver and the Halloween 2009 event item set.
2nd place - their monster added to the battle system, 2 gold, 2,000 silver and the Halloween 2009 event item set.
3rd place - their monster added to the battle system, 1,000 silver and the Halloween 2009 event item set.

Runner ups will get 500 silver each and all participants will get 100 silver.

The deadline is November 13th

Entry form:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Monster's Name:[/b]
[b]Health Points:[/b] (max 150)
[b]Mana Points:[/b] (max 100)
[b]Element:[/b] (water, earth, holy, fire, wind, energy, light, darkness, ice, metal, sexy, poison, bacon, none)
[b]Level:[/b]
[b]Link to image:[/b] (optional)
[b]Description:[/b] (required if you do not include an image)
[b]Comments?:[/b]

By posting your entry you here-by agree that Midorea now has the right to use your monster and monster art if you include any.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Entries

1 wrote:
I can think of a few very quickly! Just need to draw them well enough to be recognized. XD
Username: neomattlac
Monster's Name: Monster Moth, or Mido Moth
Health Points: 85
Mana Points: 42
Element: wind
Level: 8
Link to image: Click me in me in places where most things won't get clicked.
Description:
Comments?: Drop would be either the bag of silver or moth wings(That match the Mido Moth, not the latest monthly).

2 wrote:
Oh, I want to try! Happy

Username: DrunkenShark
Monster's Name: Corrupted Doll
Health Points: 90
Mana Points:50
Element: metal
Level:6
Link to image: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1881/scetch.jpg
Comments?:An evil metal dolly! Yes, random + ugly, I know <_<

3 wrote:
Username: MelancholyMelody~
Monster's Name: Mimic.
Health Points: 80.
Mana Points: 40.
Element: Darkness.
Level: 8.
Link to image: It'd pretty much be a treasure chest of your choice so I thought it'd be fine without an image. Description explains better.
Description: Mimics appear to be simple treasure chests or jars that a normal explorer would probably attempt to open, hence the name, however they hide a dark monster inside that upon opening or even getting too close will strike out. When they open up instead of being full of treasure they're simply full of shadows. I can imagine evil glowing eyes and maybe an evil grin glowing from within, along with possibly having shadowy tendrils flowing over the edges.
Comments?: I imagine them using a range of different magics, but in particular I thought things like "hypnotise" or "confusion" and such would be good, as their whole existence is to trick people. Maybe they'd also cast darkness or something to blind the opponent, or send things like bats flying out from within.

4 wrote:
Username: killerkitty
Monster's Name: Fallen deity's mascot
Health Points: 100
Mana Points: 20
Element: Darkness
Level: 10
Link to image: Here's the little beast. Careful, it bites!
Description: It is often a pet to higher ranks of fallen deities. Many use them to go from one place to another like humans use horses. Though very obedient to their masters, they become savage monsters when confronting enemies.
Comments?: I really like this idea. :3

5 wrote:
Monster's Name: Ace of hearts
Health Points: 30
Mana Points: 100
Element: energy
Level: 5
Link to image: Clicky clicky!
Description: A strange card that has been animated. It loves to skip! When endangered, it will wield magic's full potential, so be careful!!
Comments?: Don't get a papercut! :3

6 wrote:
Monster's Name: Crystalized dragon
Health Points: 70
Mana Points: 70
Element: Light
Level: 3
Link to image: Dwagons!!! <3
Description: It is certainly a dragon, but... why are there crystals growing out of its body, you say? Well, you see, years ago, when mages were still young and foolish, they liked combining living creatures with inanimate objects, they did the same with some dragons, forever binding them to their most beloved possesion. Now its a breed, most commonly found in caves.
Comments?: I'm a gonner for dragons, I just had to draw one. <3

7 wrote:
Monster's Name: Science expiriment - GONE WRONG!!
Health Points: 15
Element: Poison
Level: 1
Link to image: Eugh!
Description: Scientists of the future have come back in time because their world has become so polluted, so they established a lab here and started doing expiriments. This is a failed one. And it managed to escape. o.o
Comments?: yuck, I must say

8 wrote:
Username: Chere and Rose
Monster's Name: Mutant Slothhare
Health Points: 120
Mana Points: 90
Element: Earth
Level: 15
Link to image: linkit
Description: That's wat it's supposed to look like, A sloth-like creature with creamy hide and a big red eye in the center of it's forehead. It has retractable claws and it's a herbavore. 8] The claws are for stripping bark off trees and for showing off. It's huge ears are a sign of dominance.
Comments?: The pics kinda messed curze the file stuff and whatnot and Ima just trying photoshop and I still no good at that.

9 wrote:
Username: pyrakitt
Monster's Name: Shaggy Carpet
Health Points: 75
Level: 7
Link to image: (optional)
Description: This is a carpet monster, laying in wait for unsuspecting travelers. The more outrageous the pattern the more dangerous it is. When attacking a jagged opening appears around the middle, if prey is struggling a tongue will emerge to drag the prey to it's death. With no eyes or ears, it uses a form of tremor sense to detect prey.
Comments?:You walk into a room, there's nothing there but a simple black carpet laying on the ground. Feeling gipped you walk around but only find one left shoe laying there. "Bah, there's nothing here." Suddenly the carpet moves under your feet! Screaming you disappear into the ground. A few moments later a burp is heard and another left shoe appears.

10 wrote:
Monster's Name: F. P. P. E.
Health Points: 90
Mana Points: 50
Element: bacon
Level: 9
Description: What is an F. P. P. E. you might ask? Well not many know for sure. It's huge, attacks from the air impaling it's victims on a single horn and carrying them off into the night. Loathe to be seen during the day due to the outrageous coloring of it's coat. Using a flashlight and running in a zig zag pattern helps blind it as it's one occular sensory organ can't manage more then 90 degrees of vision.
Comments?: If it's not obvious what this is, I have failed as a writer. Sweat

11 wrote:
Monster's Name: Glass elemental
Health Points: 60
Element: Light
Description: Hanging in a shaft of sunlight is a cluster of glass shards refracting the light. It doesn't look like much till it twists just right and LASERS fry you on the spot. Usually blinds it's prey before attack as it takes some time to charge it's primary weapon.
Comments?: Two spells: Lasar Barrage and AHH! My eyes!

12 wrote:
Monster's Name: Doggy
Health Points: 35
Mana Points: 10
Element: none
Description: People often underestimate the power behind a cute doggy. These menaces are man's best friend...and sometimes his greatest enemy.
Comments?: Attacks include: "Tripping down stairs", "Smelly slobber" and "Hypersonic Bark"

13 wrote:
Username: Chrome
Monster's Name: Blacklight Tentacles
Health Points: 30
Mana Points: 10
Element: Sexy
Level: 1
Link to image: Yay!
Description: Tentacles that burst through the ground when night falls.
Comments?: Blacklight tentacles have a tendency to attack women before men, and have a preference for school girl uniforms. >.>' It can have a special glowing whip attack.

14 wrote:
Username:Sev En Ester
Monster's Name: Sabre-Tooth Wilon
Health Points: 95
Element: Fire
Level:9
Link to image: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/Tierastriel/midoreaentry-1.jpg
Description: (required if you do not include an image)
Comments?: A bit sloppy but The idea is set ^^ A mix between a lion and a wolf as a Sabre-tooth Happy

15 wrote:
Username: DrunkenShark
Monster's Name: Deadly Mosquitoes
Mana Points: 30
Element: poison
Description: a swarm of deadly mosquitoes, pitch black with pointy charcoal wings and tiny glowing evil little neon green eyes!
Comments?:Their bite is poisonous and they dream of sucking you blood 'till you die! They are your true worst nightmare since they are everywhere! Twisted Evil Muahahahahaha!

16 wrote:
Username: heyy13
Monster's Name: Purple Flying Monkey Dishwasher of DOOM
Health Points: 80
Mana Points: 80
Element: Sexy
Level: 12
Description: I think this is pretty self explanitory. It's a purple flying monkey dishwasher of doom. What more's to be said?
Comments?: The doom makes it cool, the purple makes it awsome. :3

Flying poop never looked so squeaky clean!

17 wrote:
Username: Neomattlac
Monster's Name: Mochi or Mochimon
Health Points: 45 (max 150)
Mana Points: 15 (max 100)
Element: Bacon
Level: 2
Link to image: ^^ (optional)
Description:
Comments?: Maybe ya'll can even make a drop called "mini mochimon" or "mochi plushie" or something. Or even various ones with different emotions. ^^

18 wrote:
Monster's Name: Omnivoric Donut
Health Points: 80 (max 150)
Mana Points:70 (max 100)
Link to image: Mwah ha ha ha haaaaa!!!
Description: Doesn't just eat other donuts, but also might eat you!
Comments?: Maverick helped develop this idea

19 wrote:

Username: Kira Bella
Monster's Name: Granny Snapper
Mana Points: 45
Level: 6
Link to image: (You will get one later if you really want one. I think the Scription is good though)
Description: The typical hunched over, crazy old lady. Blue-grey hair, specticals, walking cane, and a cat should complete the picture. Sweater vest, and long skirt with slippers under should be in the hight of her style and fashion.
Comments?: Granny Snapper is a very mean old bird. Her attacks can be as follows:
- Cheek Pinch // Grabbing on your cheek, causing maximum embarressment.
- Smacking Of The Shins // She will whomp you a good one with that evil cane of hers, which we all know is just for show. She can beat the crap out of the youngest of people.
- Long Tale Of Bordem // She will recant a tale of her glory days that will leave you unable to fight back for one turn in battle! Oh the horror!

20 wrote:
Username: Kira Bella
Monster's Name: Innocent Child
Health Points: 125
Mana Points: 95
Link to image: None
Description: A sweet innocent looking child, with a lollypop or sucker in their hand. Can be male or female, but with perfect blond hair, and green eyes. Must be wearing a huge smile, with the front two teeth missing. Ahh, so adorable right?
Comments?: This little brat is the child you see in the grocery store, who's parents completely ignore it when a tantrum starts.
Its attacks can be as follows:
Scream Of A Thousand Desables - A high pitched wail, so loud and long you wonder where that child can dig it up from.
Snatch! - This little guy is fast! They can grab a candy bar and shove it in their mouth, unwrapped, in a matter of seconds. (This means they can take any spells or potions from your inventory at will, and unless you beat them, you dont get them back)
Puppy Dog Eyes - The most deadly of all. One look from these bad boys and your HP will be cut in half!

21 wrote:
Monster's Name: Srs Squirrel. Alternatives would be "Very Srs Squirrel" or perhaps "Extremely Srs Squirrel". Also, the "srs" part may be in all caps. Whichever works best, yo'.
Health Points: 75.
Mana Points: 50.
Element: Bacon.
Level: 6.
Link to image: However, this just an example. I basically used this photo to make the line art since I didn't have time to make something completely from scratch, however I thought this would be all right since it's a photo of a real squirrel, and on top of that my picture is just an example, as it's basically just any squirrel at all, but I needed to show the face I had in mind for it. Eheh.
Description: It is a very serious squirrel. You probably shouldn't mess with him.
Comments?: Perhaps he would throw his nuts at you? Better watch out. That squirrel can't take a joke.

22 wrote:

Monster's Name: Serpent.
Health Points: 50.
Mana Points: 30.
Element: Poison.
Level: 4.
Description: It's basically a giant snake, and a mean lookin' one at that. I realised that (as far as I know) there's not a mean ol' snake. Probably big ol' fangs and glowing red evil eyes.
Comments?: He gon' bit you.

23 wrote:

Monster's Name: Harpy.
Health Points: 120.
Mana Points: 80.
Element: (water, earth, holy, fire, wind, energy, light, darkness, ice, metal, sexy, poison, bacon, none)
Level: 12.
Description: A humanoid female with the legs of a bird, and in place of her arms she has wings. The mythological creature.
Comments?: I thought a Harpy would make a cool addition to the monsters. >o>

24 wrote:
Username: Chrome
Monster's Name: Fat Angry Chamy!
Mana Points: 25
Link to image: RAWR
Description: FAT A$$ ANGRY CHAMELEON <3
Comments?: Watch out! Chamy is angry! He make angry face at you and confuse you with wobbly eyeballz. He might stick your face with his super long tongue and make you go ewwwww.

25 wrote:
Monster's Name: LUF is not amused
Health Points: 150
Mana Points: 100
Element: Sexy Cool
Link to image: LUF
Description: Sometimes LUF only goes one way. XD
Comments?: LUF has approved this message. Happy

26 wrote:
Username: urboros
Monster's Name: flaming mingo
Health Points: 85
Element: fire
Link to image: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/Untitled-1.jpg
Description: pink agugh!
Comments?: Mingos are dangerous little bugger not only do they smell bad, they think pink is fashionable.

27 wrote:
Username: urboros
Monster's Name: Beta tester
Mana Points: 12
Element: sexy
Level: 7
Link to image: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/phycs/rubybettacopy.jpg
Description: its a beta...
Comments?: orgionaly a beta tester but the addiction to the mido site proved deadly and the tester turned into a deranged fish that swims on around on the site compusivly testing everything.

28 wrote:
Username:St. Branny
Monster's Name: Undead Mage
Health Points: (max 150) 75
Mana Points: (max 100)100
Element: Ice
Level: 15
Link to image: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/Bran_Man018/Lich-1.png
Description: Once great mages in life their bodies endured great suffering in death and gave birth to Undead Mages. Some have come to call them Liches as well. They posses great mage depending on the element they died in.
Comments?: The Drawing is cheesy and lame but I wanted to enter before the contest closed. I'll draw up a better one by hand! <3
Also, liches aren't original but appear in alot of different stories and games. Magic wielding undead..

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Page Prizes

Last Poster on Page 1 will get Kantu the cat
Congrats Berlin!

First poster on page 5 will get the October/November BMI set
Congrats pyrakitt!

7th poster on on page 7 will get 7 gold
Congrats Maverik!

Last poster on page 10 will get 500 silver
Congrats DrunkenShark!

First poster on page 15 will get the BMI Ancient Edge, Last Poster will get 1,000 silver

Last poster on page 20 will get their choice of one of the Halloween event items

First poster on page 24 will get an Avian Mist Trident, Last poster will get the Valkyrie Headdress

First poster on page 30 will get 3,000 silver

more prizes will be added when needed
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
reserved

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
First post! ;D

I've been creating tons of monsters for an RP with Maeve (which will be starting soon folks so come and join it!), and I am the Monster Mistress! And Cat, I love you for allowing just descriptions. Love you. Bouncy Heart

I am so entering dis bitch!

Thank you for everything~ Bouncy HeartHappy

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Maverik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
=o I wanna make one, too. Maybe I'll doodle up something tomorrow. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
I wanna1
I just drew something like a mutated bunny the other day.
I hope I didn't throw it away!

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Maverik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
Aww... poor bunny... ;-;

o-o I completely didn't recognize your new avatar, Chere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote        
I love the cat ears with the hood! It looks like you have holes for them to poke out! :3

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
pyrakitt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote        
Well this sounds like an interesting contest. I will certainly be entering. Question though since I'm so new. Is there a list of pre-existing monsters so that I don't add something that's already there?
FinnTheCat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, I may have to come up with something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote        

Ha. I may try out for this contest too now that I have some art on dA out of the way... >w>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
Haha.. this joke contest again. XD

Great to see it back again after so long. :D

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Maverik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
Joke contest? What do you mean, Scribblez? o-o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote        

It's a joke?? DD: