Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Party Room 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [closed] Design an Item! (we has games too!)
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
Welcome to the part room! I will be hosting a contest that wil allow you guys to design an item. The top 3 designs will be chosen by the staff and made into items. There will also be 3 runner up places.

There is no theme, so design whatever you want! You can draw it, sew it or pixelate it. Any format is accepted. :]
But before you do, please read these rules:

[1: All designs must be original. Don't steal someone's idea and claim it as your own. And whatever you do, do not claim another person's art as your own.
[2: All entries must be submitted before October 20th(the end of the event)
[3: No bashing of other user's entries, and no critiquing unless they ask for it
[4: There is a limit of 4 entries

The prizes are as followed:
1st place - their design gets made into an item, 5 gold, 5,000 silver and 2 past or current relics of their choice(no doubles)
2nd place - their design gets made into an item, 5 gold, 5,000 and their choice of 1 past or current BMI(black market imports item)
3rd place - their design gets made into an item, 5,000 silver and a set of the October/November BMIs

Runner ups will get 1,000 silver each and all participants will get 200 silver.

The deadline is October 20th

Entry form:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to entry:[/b]
[b]Comments?:[/b]

By posting your entry you here-by agree that Midorea now has the right to use your design.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
Entries:

Quote:
Username: Tsemara
Link to entry: Entry 1 - Bandanas
Comments?: Attempt one to make something from scratch. Now I'd originally wanted to attempt a having them just sit around the avatars' neck too, but that came out very poorly. So, I trashed that part of the entry. (Seriously, they looked like a horribly knitted scarf by a blind person that had lobster claws for hands.) I might change this entry a bit if I feel I have enough practice under my proverbial belt.

Link to entry: Entry 2
Comments?: Steel Claws, weapon design. I did a variety of colors because I couldn't decide which ones I like the most. And, I'd prefer three claws, but I could only fit two.

Link to entry: Entry 3 (Possessed)
Comments: The idea is simple, the avatar is possessed, and their shadow is a manifestation of the creature within. I only got the creepy demon guy... thing and the wolf finished, but I had ideas for other beasts as well. (Cat, phoenix, lion, dragon, etc.)

Quote:
Username: Neomattlac
Link to entry: Here V.2
Comments?: Dark Blade(s) Its like a duel bladed weapon. I came up with the idea last year for Otakon and made it as a weapon, just so I wouldn't be weaponless. The real one(the original) is made of ducktape, cardboard, and spraypaint. XD
Would have various held positions. Flipped, other hand, single blade, etc.[/b]

Username:Neomattlac
Link to entry:Here as well
Comments?: Roach Coat As well as being fashionable, you'll be protected from any nuclear explosions.
Made from roaches, because crushing them just wasn't quite enough.
I came up with this because no other site has, and its about time for something like this to pop up. XD
Sorry about the size. XP

Username: Neomattlac
Link to entry:Ninja Style bby!
Comments?: One item, three poses. A facemask, a head rag, and the eye mask.

Quote:
Username: Berlin
Link to entry: Oh, bby.
Comments?: The Midorean Sheepskin Helmet and Goggles: For all of your flying needs!

Link to entry: Officer's Coat
Comments?: Gestapo? In my Midorea!?

Link to entry: Officer's Pants and Boots
Comments?: With these pants, I can FLY.

Quote:
Username: Maeve
Link to entry: Link!
Comments?: All 4 entries are on the same picture:
Glasses: Makes you look smarter Big Grin
Short Skirt: Yeah, my picture sucks, but some shorter skirt would be nice.
Polka Dots Stockings: Because dots are better than stripes! Twisted Evil
Midorean Necklace: A little necklace with the lotus feather thing. Pretty much random Hai

The shirt isn't an entry; I just didn't want her to run around half naked... And my picture sucks Duh

Quote:
Username: Angelic.Demon
Link to entry: Right Here
Comments?: Sorry if you cant read the words, just ask and I'll tell you if you cant

Username: Angelic.Demon

Link to entry: Right Here
Comments?:
The circle draw on the top is so the colors go in a circle, like a tie dye top would :]
And on the Cool, I put the pink where the purple should be ^^'

Quote:
Username: Gladde

Link to entry: Link

Comments?: The cape can be different colors. I just used the blue and green because they are the main theme colors of Midorea. As this was just a rough sketch of what the item could look like, I feel the green "shoulder pads" could be elaborated more, such as in the shape of the lotus "feathers" or more decorated.

Quote:
Username: Kira Bella
Link to entry: Cha!
Comments?: I thought that since we have the new "pet" items released, that maybe we could have a few other items in that catogory.
The turtle was my original item and I really like its... dorky cute smile.
The tails were just an after thought xD I think a lot of users would like the items and the artisits would have fun designing the items.

Quote:

Username: IgyoHime
Link to entry: http://img156.imageshack.us/i/middesign.png/
Comments?: All of my entries are aimed towards a unisex kind of style (even the wrap can be manly). Descriptions (clockwise):
*For the wrap, I want to have two colors on it (one on the fabric, the other on the trim and fringe). I wouldn't mind having a variation of it that has a pattern. Smile
*The beret (pardon the misspelling in the sketch) is adorned with lotus leaves, a Midorea staple.
*For the vest, I wanted to have an elegant leaf or swirly pattern but I can't draw something that intricate. Sweat
*The boots are a little scrunchy (like it's name states), and come in basic colors.

Quote:
Username: Maverik
Link to entry: [x]
Comments?: Okay, so this submission has two ideas; however, I have a few variations/additions to these ideas, so the link itself shows quite a few more graphics than necessary.

The first idea is something I shall now refer to as the "Mido-Muffin". I couldn't decide between which wings to use, so I left both renditions on the page.

The second idea is simply called "Piggy". Now, piggy is an individual, and likes to show this individuality. You may simply leave piggy as is (either sitting, sleeping, sitting on your head, or sleeping on your head), but the young animal is capable of much more than that.
He (or she, if you want a female piggy) has many hats stored for a variety of occasions. The ones shown are the Santa hat, the party hat, the Halloween piggy mask, and the Easter bunny mask.

If piggy is sitting on the ground, he (or she) can also prop up an accessory item to complement his (or her) cuteness. The items shown in the display picture are the Halloween Piggy Pumpkin, the Christmas Candy Canes, the multi-purpose Birthday Present, and the Valentines Day Chocolate Box.

Quote:
Username: Chere and Rose
Link to entry: yes this is deviant art
Comments?: Um, It would come in also a darkish red, maroon? or a slate or coal colour too..the name is pretty random

Username: Chere and Rose
Link to Entry: clickit
Comments?: It comes in green, red, and darkblue too?
Um, it's kinda rough and rushed...and all the proportions are wrong....8|
But I think it's kinda cool! Plaid(ish) skirt with a huge belt and buckle

Quote:
Username: heyy13
Link to entry: Entries 1,2 & 3 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/heyy15/entries123tomidoannecont.jpg 4, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/heyy15/WIP%20pixelart/midoannaentry42.gif
Comments?: A dress and top and a tote bag, because i couldn't think of anything else. xD

Quote:
Username: Ferrum Ytinasni
Link to entry: #1
Comments?:I've seen tatoo's about, but non for emediat sail *shrugs*
And as far as the color, I was going for a green that could show up on all the skin color bases.

Link to entry: #2
Comments?: Tis a celebration! Brake out the fancy masks

Link to entry: #3
Comments?: I've seen horns about, but non of a neutral feel

Quote:
Username: DrunkenShark
Link to entry: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5698/designdragonauh.jpg
Comments?:It’s the ultimate “Oh wow, I’m a dragon/lizard!” tattoo!
Different colors could be offered as well, depending of the character’s elements. I hope it doesn't already exist, uh...

Username: Drunkenshark
Link to entry: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2668/aprincess.jpg
Comments?: Entry 2 and 3 on the same sketch: exotic princess top and bottom!!! Don't mind the model :P

Quote:
Username: Sev En Ester
Link to entry: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/Tierastriel/midoreaentry1.jpg
Comments?: The large glove with the rings and triangles. Like a mega glove. It's like a cross between armor and a weapon. It can be any colors, I didn't really think about that bit as I was drawing it.
For the drawing I had made three different idea, hence the number three next to it but I trashed one and I redrew the other.

Username: Sev En Ester
Link to entry: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/Tierastriel/midoreaentry2.jpg
Comments?: A tailcoat investigator-like jacket. It's got the Midorea symbol for buttons and the inside should be darker than the outside for whatever color it is. Meant for mail or female, I just happened to draw a more male chested one for the submission...

Username:Sev En Ester
Link to entry:http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/Tierastriel/midoreacontes1.jpg
Comments?:I went to a cematary for a field trip today, I enjoyed it very much ^^ Therefore, a graveyard background would be awesome to have. Even after Halloween is over <3> .>] OH PFT. FORGOT MY NAME. Duh

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
What's this I hear about games...?

On top of the contest, there will be a page prize "game".

Pg.1
Last poster on page one get 500 silver and the Lotus Feather Set item

Congrats Sev en Ester!

Pg. 5
First poster will get the Lotus Feather Set item. Last poster will get the Lotus Feather Set item.

Congrats Tsemara & Weaseldale!

Pg. 10
First poster will get the Mini Fallen Deity Wings. Last Poster will get the Mini Lower Deity Wings.

Congrats Maverik & Berlin!

Pg. 13
First poster will get the Lotus Feather Set item

Congrats Kira Bella!

Pg.15
last poster will get 5 gold

Congrats Chere and Rose!

Pg. 18
First poster will get the Lotus Feather Set item. Last poster will get the Lotus Feather Set item.

Congrats Kuma(Maeve) and Maverik!

pg. 25
First poster will get the Avian mist trident. Last poster will get the Valkyrie Headdress.

Congrats Maverik & Weaseldale

Pg. 30

Congrats killerkitty & DrunkenShark!

Pg. 40

Pg. 50
First poster will get the item Deity Wings

Pg. 100
Last poster will get the item Fallen Deity Wings

Good luck!
heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
Holy crap prizes... o__o

*goggles*

This means i have to try to enter this. <3

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Man I totally want to enter this, but my avatar, uh, pixilate skill are completely made of fail. And my scanner is borked so I can't just draw something and post it somewhere.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
I love item design contests! I love looking at all the entries there are always so many good ones! Good luck everybody! ^_^

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Chere and Rose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
Design? Contest?

Yes!

*sweat*
what to create.....
8| xD

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
I've got some ideas, but like I said, my skills are made of fail. Sad

Malverne wrote:
Jandi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote        
Oohh, I'll have to try to enter this <3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
min of four?
so we have to submit four entries? Or do you mean max of four?

Tsemara- Go!
We all have a chance right?

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest
Jandi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
I just now saw that too, I thought it had said max, but guess not >.< lol xD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
@Tsemara it's the idea, not the your ability to draw that is the deciding factor in these things, so go for it! ^_^

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds good to me. Besides, now that I think about it, the only way to get better is to practice.

Malverne wrote:
Jandi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quote        
Thinking of items to draw is difficult xD
lol -fails-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote        
Designing an item? sounds fun ^^ I think I'll give it a try but I'll have to peek around and see what's already been made first, lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next