Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Party Room 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [closed] Midorean Arts Contest [Prizes just for chatting!]
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote        
Contest of the Arts
Celebrate Midorea's first anniversary with some artistic flair!

Hello and welcome! Midorea has been open for a whole year! Although some of us have been here since the start, and some of us here are very new, we're all here for a reason. Midorea has a special something that keeps us here, whether it's the people, events, items, avatars, RP, battle, or just the word games. Whatever it is, the Midorea experience is something that keeps each of us coming back (sometimes way too many times a day!).

So.... what does Midorea mean to you?

In order to celebrate this milestone in our community, heyy and I will be holding an arts contest! Don't be shy, and let us know what your favorite things about Mido are! Portray your favorite part of Mido, or Mido as a whole -- anything goes!

Contents:
1. Intro
2. Rules/Guidelines
3. Banners
4. Prizes
5. Announcements/Winners
6. Entries
7. MOAR prizes?!

DA Gallery || Tumblr || Art Thread || Check out my art shop!
kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
Rules & Guidelines

Contest theme: My Midorea
- Please follow the forum general rules both when creating and posting about entries.
- Absolutely no negative comments regarding any person's entry.
- This thread should be used to discuss the contest, your entries, the event, etc.
- Submissions may be any medium and in any format. This means drawings, paintings, papercraft, sculpture, short stories (try to keep it under 20 pages please), poems, whateveryoucomeupwith, etc. Please note that writing and art/craft submissions will be judged on equal footing.
- Entries to this contest will be judged on how well they portray/express the theme. We realize interpretation is different for everyone, and you will not be judged on the subject you choose. Although it is entirely heyy's and my decision, we will be as fair as we possibly can.
- All entries must follow the specified form (see below) to be qualified as entries. All entries must be PMed to both myself and heyy13. You may post them in this thread, but please remember to PM them as well.
- Limit 2 entries per person. Feel free to try your hand at a few different methods, but please choose only two to submit in order to not flood the entries.

Form:
Send us a PM with the following form. It does not need to be in a quote.

Quote:
Name: your name :P
Title: title of your work
Format: drawing, writing, craft, etc.
Materials used: if applicable
Number of pages: if applicable
Entry: link to your entry. DO NOT send me pictures please.
Misc: whatever you want.

kaishi
Artist
Artist

Banners

Celebrate the love of your favorite NPC by using the signature banner of your choice for the duration of the contest (or as long as you'd like)

!!--- The power cord to my other laptop is broken, so I'm stuck on my ancient one for now. It overheats very badly, so I'm not sure how I feel about doing all of these banners until I get the other one fixed. I've already drawn most of them too, but my computer is totally dead... ^^;;; *sigh* Well, if they don't get up now, I'll just post them later, though the meaning will be sort of gone by then.

kaishi
Artist
Artist

Prizes

1st - 2 items of choice, 6 gold
2nd - 2 items of choice, 4 gold
3rd - 1 item of choice, 2 gold
4th - event item
5th - event item

OKAY GUYS item of choice = event item or shop update. Event item is obviously the lotus set.

Per heyy's suggestion, as an added option, you may switch your items for a commission from me.

Good luck everyone!

kaishi
Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
Announcements || WINNERS

Thank you everyone for entering!

1. lily_dragon -- Welcome!
2. Gladde -- Thrill of Battle
3. Freshie -- The Wonderful World of Midorea
4. Neomattlac -- Mido Memorial
5. Maeve -- GMRP Group Picture '09

heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quote        
Entries

Please PM your entries too Kaishi and Myself (or post your entries in the thread as i will be checking) and I will add them here. This is my contribution to the contest because I'm on more often then Kaishi. Hai

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

----------------------------------------------

Maverik wrote:
Name: o.O My real name or Mido name? I'm going to go with Mido..
Err... Maverik, Apparently. x3
Title: Midorea- It's What You Make of it
Format: Drawing/Photography
Materials used: Paper, pencil, eraser, computer, camera. (Ruler for prop purposes only.)
Number of pages: 2
Entry: Page 1
Page 2
Misc: ;-; For the record, I'm really bad at this.

But yeah... The reason why I did something like this is to simply magnify the title. Midorea is built partially due to the effects of the awesome administration team, but also due to the people who go on here themselves.

Yeah, it's short, not too sweet, and pretty bad. ;-; I know.

Freshie wrote:
I'M ALMOST DONE. Happy

Just finishing up the final file picture thingy..

Edit:
Ok here we go!
BEHOLD! My second entry.

Name: Freshie
Title: The Symbol of Midorea
Format: Fabric craft
Materials used: Craft fabric, thread, markers, toilet paper (stuffing <<;; )
Number of pages: -
Entry: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/freshlemonz/midoreacontestwoot.png
Misc: I've been meaning to make this in general, and what better timing then for this contest. ^^ I love to sew and make things, but I'm still a noob at it. When I think of Midorea, I think of friends and awesomeness and this little symbol that anyone obsessed with Midorea can recognize. I only ended up using what fabric and supplies I already had, thus its not as light of a green as I would have wanted. (its not a xmas holly D: ) This little thing took around 4 hours to complete. And ignore my weird appearance. ;o; Happy Birthday Midorea!

Gladde wrote:
Name: Gladde

Title: Thrill of Battle

Format: Digital Art

Materials used: Gimp 2 program

Number of pages: N/A

Entry: HERE!

Misc: I just did this really quick. But I am still kind of fond of it XD This is kind of how I spend my time on Midorea, so this is how I see it. This is a bit of a talltale, since a lot of the times I am fleeing from the fire dragons...

lily_dragon wrote:
I sent this to Kaishi the other day but she doesn't seem to have recieved it. Duh

Name: lily_dragon
Title: Welcome!
Format: drawing
Materials used: pencils, markers
Entry: Linkylink
Misc: Midorea is, if nothing else, friendly and welcoming. Even though I've been a bit lax on doing it lately I love greeting the newbies. Happy

Freshie wrote:
Name: Freshie
Title: The Wonderful World of Midorea
Format: CG Art
Materials used:
Number of pages:
Entry: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/freshlemonz/awesomeness.png
Misc: Midorea to me means rainbows and awesome people! Happy

neomattlac wrote:
Name: Neomattlac
Title: Midorea
Format: Drawing
Materials used: Copic markers, and green coloured marker, and paper, course.
Number of pages: 1?
Entry: Clicky!
Misc: Sorry the quality sucks. I obviously don't have a scanner.

Kira Bella wrote:
Name: Kira Bella
Title: Midorea - A Family of Friendship
Format: Pen Drawing
Materials used: 400 weight paper, blue papermate ink pen and my imagination xD
Number of pages: Sized down to one
Entry: My Entry
Misc: This entry was more of a doodle of what I see my friends as on Mido. I have known many of them for at least a year now, but some of them are new, and are quite amazing. I find it cute that most of my friends are moderators, but that just seems to keep me out of trouble.
Midorea is my home. No matter how many times I leave, I always come back and I feel guilty for leaving in the first place. I feel like I grew up with these people. And I feel like they are my brothers and sisters. Being an only child, family is important to me. I just wanted to show my version of my Mido family. <3

neomattlac wrote:
Name: Neomattlac
Title: Mido Memorial
Format: drawing
Materials used: GIMP
Entry: Winner winner,(DA)chicken dinner. XD(Photobucket)
Misc: I drew this because Mido has been a great place, and one of its greatest features is the battle system, and the ancient edge is the most representable. But also, this site unites all these people, and it almost seems like a new kind of avatar site(hence the sunrise/sunset)

Maeve wrote:
Name: Maeve
Title: GMRP Group Picture '09
Format: Drawing
Materials used: Paper, Blue erasable pencil
Number of pages: NA
Entry: Link!
Misc: So, I took some time to think about the theme of the contest, and what was Midorea for me. Basically, the place where I spend the most of my time here is the Role-Plays Forum, and mostly my little Guild of Midorean Role-Players (GMRP). So I ended looking at the thread and what I like about it and all, and found that what was most important to me on Midorea was the friendship and conversations, and all of those couldn't have took place without the help of some special people... So yeah, group picture! Happy

From left to right: LavndrDream, Kerryfox, SasorisaKitty, lilmiss_ninja, Misato (sitting at the front), Maverik, Maeve (me!), MelancholyMelody, Glimpse, BubbleTrouble, Tsemara. Sorry for the people that I forgot!

Sorry for the lame quality of my sketch: my scanner let me down and my camera sucks badly.

By Kaishi who is just the love. Seriously. <3
heyy13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
Free Stuff

I'm giving away free stuff to the cool chatters in this thread. From page 3 forward. Happy (becuase i didn't get any prizes untill after we got that far)

So stay and chat and win something.

----------------------------------------------

Maverik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
=o That means you're open now.

;_; Too bad my art ability is abysmally atrocious.
And yay for alliteration. xP

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. =3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote        
    *thinks of all the ways he could fail hard in this contest*

I may just have to do it. :P

Naked for absolutely no reason.
heyy13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quote        
Maverik wrote:
=o That means you're open now.

;_; Too bad my art ability is abysmally atrocious.
And yay for alliteration. xP

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. =3

You can enter a written or video or something else piece if you like. It's not all about traditional art. Happy

Hell film yourself doing a skit, write a story or screen play. Make a collage and photograph it. You don't have ot draw. :3

@ Angel ~ Can't wait!

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote        
Gosh, I really want to enter this contest, but the little artistic sense I had left seems to be gone on vacation right now... Duh Though, I'll probably try to do something anyway, just won't be any good... Hai

Little question: when will this contest end? I think I've seen that the birthday party will last until the 20th or so, so I'm guessing the contest will end at the same time, but I just want to be sure. I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere and I just can't see it, but yeah...

Gladde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote        
Art!
*flails*

If I manage to get photoshop some time soon I may try to submit an entry.

I am a wee bit confused about the theme of the contest. Is that up to our interpretation?Could you perhaps expand a little on what your thoughts were for the theme?

Artist
Artist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
Gladde wrote:
Art!
*flails*

If I manage to get photoshop some time soon I may try to submit an entry.

I am a wee bit confused about the theme of the contest. Is that up to our interpretation?Could you perhaps expand a little on what your thoughts were for the theme?

Yes, the theme is open to interpretation. You just have to portray well, YOUR Midorea. Everyone has a different perception, so it's what you like best about being here, I guess. You could portray friends, games, RP, something that happened once that made you laugh -- really, anything.

heyy13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote        
I can't wait for entries! I perceive awsomness ahead! Happy

Kira Bella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
I want to enter but I am at a loss of what to do. I will deffinately try SOMETHING though.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next