Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Event Feedback and Discussion

What was your favorite event so far?
Halloween '08
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Solstice '08/'09
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Lavishing Lovers(V-day '09)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lotus Festival '09
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Summer Tournament '09
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mido's First Birthday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Halloween '09
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Soltice '09/'10
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Lotus Festival '10
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 am Reply with quote        
I'm working on this right now but feel free to post

We were wondering what the community thought of Midorea's past events, and also what all they might like to see in future events.

Please post your feedback about past events in here, and also you can post ideas you might have about possible future events here as well.

Posting your ideas here does not mean we will definitely use them but they will be looked at. By posting them you give Midorea the right to use them.

Please try to organize your posts the best you can, giving feedback in a polite and professional manner will ensure that your voice will be heard and your feedback taken seriously.

Please do not use this thread as a place to speculate on upcoming events. Threads for that should go in the City Square forum. Please also do not use this thread to chat in so it will be easier to see all new posts.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quote        
Reserved for current event info.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote        
Anyone have any good event suggestions? :D

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think people have realized this is here yet. xD

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Freshie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
I saw it a while ago..just didn't know if I had ideas or not. ^^;;

So, yeah New Years Rave Party. ;D
Items include neon, glowsticks, party confetti, drinks, etc.
I think it could be just like the naked day, full of chatting and what not, nothing too big. Maybe free item gifts as well as a small common store update. It'd last all day and night with everyone celebrating around the world. If you want battle stuff, we could battle Father Time or Baby new years. (I'm so horrible xD)
Maverik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
I was going to post something earlier today, but then college came up. T-T

At any rate, why not have a sort of whodunit event thingy for Halloween? x3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote        
I too saw the thread a while ago, but I'm braindead right now...

A space turkey-zombies invasion thanksgiving party , maybe? I mean, space zombies at Halloween are soooo common...

I must say I love Freshie's idea though. A simple party thing could be nice, and change from the always-so-complicated events.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
Don't forget, we'd also like to know what you thought about past events. What you liked about them, what you didn't like, how you thought it could have been better, etc... :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
I loved the Winter event last year, where you got crystals from battling / posting (Little hazy on the details). I think that the extra currency was wonderful, and was a better way for people to earn their items, so that new players aren't going to be trying to get items with pure, when there would be a whole site of older players with silver to burn.

I think something similar to that this year would be perfect. Lots of items to buy or trade currency for, so that there are lots of items to sell to players after the event, and maybe some more mod-run events. Like art contests, maybe some real world contests (Like best decorated tree or cutest family photo) and have the prizes be something already on the site. (Like a common worth up to .. 3k or something. )

So yea.. Thats my input for now. xD I just loved the winter event. Halloween was fantastic too, but that was more battling then anything, and I felt like the drops were strangely hard to get. I mean, I battled at least 5 levels that event and I only managed to get one of the scythes and one of the hats... Very not good juju.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote        
I've loved all the events so far, though I think my favourite would be the summer tournament. I loved the idea of being able to win prizes by battling or playing games, but also being able to earn those items only by role-playing. That being said, I love role-playing, which might not be the case of everyone around...

I must say the idea of having an event currency is probably the easiest way to accommodate everyone's tastes. Like, you can choose to chat or battle and earn currency that way, instead of getting special items for chatting (role-playing) and special items from battling, which kinda forces you to do the two even if there's one you don't really like. I remember seeing people during the Lotus Festival who were like: "I don't really love role-plays, or at least not massive ones, but I don't have the choice if I want the items 'cause I don't have enough silver to buy them..." And I think it's also easier to understand for newcomers.

I really find it nice that Midorea has a battle system and I think it would be nice to use it in some way during the events, as it is one of the things that makes us special. I'm just not sure what would be the best way to do so. I mean, in the past events, we usually have to kill low levels monsters in order to get some items. That is certainly a nice touch for people who have not played with the battle system before, but if you have a character with a higher level, it's pretty hard to hunt the monsters needed, which can get really annoying. And, if we just earn some currency from fighting, the same we get from chatting, I'm sure a lot of people would choose the chat instead... Maybe having something like a killing/ hunting contest, where we need to kill a certain type of monsters and the people with the most kills get extra prizes (like with the volleyball contest)?

I'm kinda braindead now, so I'll just come back later and add more things if I see fit...

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote        
Event currency will probably show up again in future events, it's something that has been discussed. :3

We're also trying to add more to the events with things like the volleyball tournament. Hopefully we'll be bringing some awesome quests into future events as well. We like to do more than just post for event currency and buy items. 8]

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
Maverik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quote        
The only thing I dislike about the events was that I missed like 4/5 of them. ;_;

But I really enjoyed the ones I did manage to participate in. ^^ The battle system needs love sometimes, and the events do provide it.

I also enjoyed the whole roleplaying thread thingy for the Lotus Festival, since it gave me a chance to meet peoplez. =3

The Lotus Festival in general had a very nice atmosphere, and I was glad that I joined then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
What do you guys think about event currency that you get from posting?

We had event currency during the winter soltice and the lotus festival. It wasn't the only aspect of the event, but it was part of it. The forums were so much more lively and it really gets people to meet other people and make friends.

I would say that much of our active user base came from either the winter or lotus event. >.>

ode:
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Maverik wrote:
But I really enjoyed the ones I did manage to participate in. ^^ The battle system needs love sometimes, and the events do provide it.

This.

The reason I push so much for the battle system to be a part of events is that I can see it going very far. However, after this event I'll start coming up with suggestions for Cat, and I urge everyone to do so too. :3 I'm sure we'd all love to see a more balanced battle system with more monsters, depth, and monster drops.

As a user though I still see Mido as a baby in a way. We're kind of trying to find a nice balance, and see what works and what doesn't. What I've found is that users enjoy alternatives to getting event items and will chat regardless, but event currencies do enforce that more, which I like. I guess in the future I'd like to see more challenging and interactive quests like those in this one (I feel we really hit the nail on the head in this aspect) as well as a currency. Most of all though, I really love the uniqueness that we have with our events. On other websites all I really ever see is event currency or x verses y which is fun but gets pretty old.

I have a question for everyone: What types of contests do you enjoy most, and what types would you like to see in the future?

Arikana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Anyone have any good event suggestions? :D

I do! :D
My mind is like a fountain overflowing with ideas since I usually spend extra energy in the wonderful world of imagination.. ♥

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next