Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 240, 241, 242  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic The First Ever Midorea Lounge~ Newbie Sanctuary and TODs
Weiss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
Butter pecan, cookies n cream, vanilla, strawberry and I dislike.... Rainbow sherbert? its good but I dunno, I like all ice cream, I'll update this when I come across one I don't like.

keep your sights above.
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
i liked ice cream melted and the cookies turned into mush, but cookies and cream was my sisters fave.

Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote        
Back from break, and excited to see everyone again! How has the fall been treating you and, more importantly, what are you doing for Thanksgiving! Let me hear all about your tasty treats you'll be getting.

I don't know about you, but I'm so excited to be having stuffing 30hours from now xD

::Shop::
Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
I;m going to be stuffed 30 hours from naow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote        
I know, same here. Its the best and worst feeling in the world. Cause I always want to eat more xD

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote        
Allo peoples. I'm not going to be doing much, since my family doesn't have a huge get together with aunts and uncles and grandparents or anything. Just my parents and little brother, as usual. :P I'm not too big on huge gatherings anyway. I'm happy because I'm now one year post-chemo, as of the 19th~ I've got snow here already; more than half a foot and still coming. I keep feeling like it's gonna get worse, because my port scar keeps hurting. >.< Stupid atmospheric pressure changes...
Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote        
We went to someones house for thanksgiving. There were like, 30 something people there all total. Way too many people for me.
I hope we get lots of snow down south this year. I <3 snow days.

Also, grats on being post chemo!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, congrats Kacey! c:
What's your port scar if you don't mind be asking? U:

I've only been to one huge thanksgiving with all the uncles and aunts, but we normally do small ones too. I like the small ones in terms of food, you'll definitely have easy access to everything you want!

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote        
Thanks~!

My family isn't too big on turkey, but every year we have a huge one because the volunteer fire department we're part of gives every member-family a voucher. XD I don't eat turkey, and my dad and brother prefer ham, so we wind up with loads extra for days. And actually, our turkey didn't thaw in time for Thursday, so my mom cooked it on Friday. We had a late Thanksgiving.

Oh, AnDe, I call it my port scar because when I went through chemotherapy, they surgically put a portacath into me up by my right collarbone for easier access when it came time to give me the chemo drugs intravenously. I'm a ridiculously hard stick when I have to have blood tests (Deep veins and I'm always dehydrated and my blood clots almost comically fast) so it was just easier that way. A med port, if you don't know, is basically a long, thin tube that is inserted into one of your major veins and ideally ends right at the entrance to the right atrium of your heart. At the other end is a 'portal' which is a small device about the size of a quarter containing a self-sealing silicone bubble called a septum. This is the part that was near where my scar is now, so when they needed to hook me up to the chemo drip, they used a 90-degree needle that basically clipped into place so after they used it to draw blood for tests and flush it out with saline, the chemo drugs followed the path of bag, drip tube, through the needle, into the silicone bubble, down the tube inside my vein, directly into my heart to be quickly pumped throughout my body. Even though I had my port out early this year, and it's long since been healed, every time it's going to precipitate in the near future, the scar and the area directly below it gets really sore and hurts.

According to wikipedia: 'Chemotherapy is often toxic, and can damage skin and muscle tissue, and therefore should not be delivered through these tissues.' So instead it had to be injected straight into my circulatory system.

Here's a basic picture of what they look like in general: http://www.emam.umsu.ac.ir/uploads/thumbnails/thum-84124318bdc16e66871-venous_access_port_4965.jpg

Also, sorry for the abrupt medical lesson. Sweat
Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
i have a scar that gets pissy when the weather gets all crummy. Its on my hand and can make lifting things painful when the weather sucks.

We had ham and turkey. Yum. How can you not like turkey? cooked right its delicious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote        
I don't like turkey either >> it's more of a texture thing for me. I uh actually quite like Wawa's Turkey bowls though lol but normally not a fan of homemade stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, my right knee in particular gets weird in the weather, though I've no idea why. Never hurt it or anything...Though with the lingering muscle deterioration from the steroids and chemo last year, everything hurts. I feel like a crotchety old person, the way everything hurts.
Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
i am a crotchety old person, and i'm only in my 20's.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote        
I have terrible joints already; in particular my knees and wrists. I shudder to think how I'll feel when I'm actually old and don't just feel like I am. Neutral
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote        
I KNOW THAT FEELING SLY. I have chronic hip pain due to an injury from colorguard/dance in high school and when it acts up I feel so strange saying "My Hip hurts" to anyone. And then my kness will just ache any old day xD

Also Kacey, I actually enjoyed your abrupt medical lesson. I'm one step ahead of my cohort now ;D

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 240, 241, 242  Next